Betty Calvert, 99, passed away at the home of her daughter in Lawrenceville, GA, on February 3, 2021.She was born in Altoona, PA, daughter of Earl and Mary (Plank) Long, August 13, 1921, raised in a large and loving family and married “the boy next door,” Arthur S. Calvert, Jr., July 28, 1946, at the Fifty-eighth Street Methodist Church, Altoona, PA. She was preceded in death by Arthur (1920 - 2005) and a son, Jay Dennis (1947 - 1969) and was the last of her family’s generation, being preceded in death by 5 sisters and 3 brothers.Surviving are daughter Deborah of Lawrenceville, GA, sons David of Cape May, and Dale of Montclair, NJ; seven grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, and a large extended family of loving nieces and nephews.She was a graduate of Altoona High School, resided in Altoona, PA until 1963, and was also a past resident of Reedsville, PA, The Lutheran Home at Hollidaysburg, PA, and Conifer Village at Cape May, NJ.She will be laid to rest with her husband, son, and extended family at Alto-Reste Park cemetery, Altoona, PA.Due to current COVID19 restrictions, a memorial will be planned at a future date. Charitable donations in memory of Betty Jane Calvert to The American Cancer Society, cancer.org, are appreciated
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Suit Alleges Workplace Harassment by Cape May Lifeguard
- Indictments Filed Feb. 23
- Pot’s Legal; Towns Weigh Options
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Feb. 1-7, 2021
- Enhanced SNAP Benefits to Continue in March
- County Loses 2 to Covid; 36 New Cases Reported
- NJ Lottery to Suspend Ticket Purchasing Feb. 26 for System Upgrade
- Former OCHS Teacher Charged for Reported ’16 Sexual Assault
- County Reports 23 New Covid Cases
- County Loses 2 to Covid; 40 New Cases Reported
- Lower Township - Lower Township has cut off it’s tax paying citizens from attending meetings virtually during a pandemic . All because they couldn’t handle an overwhelming amount of callers discussing a controversial...
- Cape May - Where is the #Metoo movement? I'm hearing crickets in the night. I haven't heard any of the left condemning Cuomo! I haven't heard any of the late night show saying a word. Whoopi...
- Stone Harbor - Gas prices have risen about 80 cents a gallon since Election Day. Close to 40 cents a gallon since shutdown of XL pipeline. What more is to come from the new administration.
- Cape May Court House - What is wrong with the Biden team. They are letting thousands of illegal immigrants cross the Mexican border. We do not know who these people are and what diseases they carry. Covid??? Biden has made...
- Cape May County - Kids....you play sports, wear your masks!!!!