John Leonard Curto, 81, born on October 7, 1939, died peacefully in his Deptford, NJ home on March 23, 2021, following a valiant battle with cancer. He was the beloved son of the late Leonard and Isabelle Curto of Frankford, Philadelphia, and is survived by his loving sister Marie Curto of Philadelphia and Paul and Mary Yurashevich of Chapel Hill, NC. For many years, Paul was like a son to John and deeply loved. John is also survived by many loving cousins, devoted relatives in Rovereto, Italy, and countless friends around the world. He will be sadly missed by many people.On the weekends, he’d head to Stone Harbor, NJ, where his family loved to vacation. In 1974 he was able to purchase The Pebbles historic guest house there, and for 45 years, he welcomed guests to its multiple guest rooms. Some became lifelong friends. During those years The Pebbles was often the scene of exciting dinner parties and musical events, as John offered exposure to young and rising musical stars of opera and Broadway. One of his own favorite haunts was “Henny’s,” a former Stone Harbor institution, where “Johnny Pebbles” himself could sing broadway hits to the customers!Relatives and friends are invited to greet his family on Saturday, April 10, 2021, from 10-11:00 am at Lambie Funeral Home, 8000 Rowland Ave (at Rhawn St), Philadelphia. The Memorial Service will follow at 11:00 am. John will be interred at Forest Hills Cemetery, Huntington Valley.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- IDs Wanted for 2 Suspected Shoplifters in Cape May
- State Police Detectives Lied About N. Wildwood Bar Fight Involvement, AG Office Says
- Indictments Filed April 13
- Dennis Creek Bridge Work Approaches; Motorists Advised of Detour
- Officer Assaulted, Injured During Domestic Investigation
- Taylor Swift Features SIC in New Music Video
- Hand Grenade Found at N. Cape May Yard Sale
- Policy Change Allows Additional SNAP Benefits as Pandemic Fears Continue
- Gender ‘X' Option Becomes Available for NJ Licenses, IDs
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests March 29-April 4, 2021
- Stone Harbor - Recently went to trade in my car at a dealer and was insulted by what they offered me for my trade. The salesman kept telling me how much the dealership donates to the community. I told him it is a...
- Townbank - I think we have reached the point where every person involved in an incident requiring police response needs to be handcuffed for the safety of the responding officers until the facts of the...
- North Cape May - We agree with the spouter from NW and Phila. Sports are too political. We also dont watch most games we used to love. We also congratulate the dad from NYC who wrote a letter to all the schools in...
- Villas - To the Sea Isle spouter concerning vaccine passports, my rights? How about my body, my choice. Have you ever heard of HIPPA? My health records are no one’s business but my own. Who are you or anyone...
- Villas - Everything that happens in this country is not about race. If you believe this, you are permitting people to manipulate you to serve their own purposes.