CAPE MAY POINT - Lower Township honored those who lost their lives in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks with a solemn sunset flag ceremony at 6 p.m. Sept. 11, at Sunset Beach.
According to a municipal release, members of the public were invited to come and remember all those who lost their lives on the 20th anniversary of the terror attacks.
The casket flag of Paul Pansini, a New York City firefighter, who lost his life at the World Trade Center, was flown during the ceremony. Pansini’s family was also in attendance.
Pansini served in the Navy Reserve for six years, qualifying as an electrician's mate. In 1988, he joined the former New York City Transit Authority Police Department before joining the New York Fire Department, in 1991. He also served as a delegate to the Uniformed Firefighters Association.
Pansini was assigned to Engine Co. 10 in Manhattan, one of the firehouses closest to the World Trade Center.
- Pennsylvania Woman Sues Morey's Piers
- Harbor Freight Tools Coming to Rio Grande
- Cape May Councilman Guilty of Stalking, Contempt
- Rio Entertainment Complex Advances
- Saint Mary by-the-Sea Closes with Ritual of Thanks, Blessing
- Bicyclist Struck by Motor Vehicle in Middle; Driver Arrested
- Beware of Calls from ‘Kelly Smith,’ CMCo Sheriff’s Office Urges
- Positive Covid Cases Reported at CMCo Schools
- Indictments Filed Sept. 21
- 3 Residents Die from Covid; County Reports Drop in RT
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- North Wildwood - The Elks volunteers did a great job controlling the crowds inside the Elks. I am proud to say I am an Elk member and a special thanks to everyone who worked free this weekend to make the Elks a fun...
- Cape May County - Put up barb wire fences around the Upper Township Dog Park. We don't need these dogs running wild around people's property!
- Cape May - Pretty sure Joe Biden doesn't read the Herald, especially Spout Off, but if he did, I would simply ask him to start leading our country. Perhaps some of the local politicians that read this...
- Middle Township - Whoever came up with National Daugherts Day is a little silly!!! All the social media posts in today's society is not needed.
- Middle Township - 5.7 million dollar expansion for the tech school. Hope they build bigger HVAC, plumbing, electrical and other trades classrooms. The county Commissioners need to start looking at what the county...