FOLSOM - South Jersey Gas, a subsidiary of South Jersey Industries (NYSE: SJI), announced the winners of its First Responders Grant Program. This year, eight grants totaling $20,300 were awarded to local first responder departments, representing police, fire and emergency medical services.
“South Jersey Gas is proud to provide financial assistance to each of these hardworking, dedicated departments,” said Craig Jennings, president of South Jersey Gas. “We are proud to partner with this year’s winners and support their continued efforts to make our communities a better, safer place to live and work.”
The 2018 First Responders Grant recipients include:
• Absecon City Fire Company No. 1 – to purchase carbon monoxide detectors and rapid rescue exposure suits.
• Atlantic City Fire Department – to purchase gas monitoring meters.
• Cape May Point Volunteer Fire Department No. 1 – to purchase gas monitoring meters and a calibration kit.
• Cumberland Volunteer Fire Company – to purchase SCBA masks and firefighting hoods.
• Daretown Fire Company – to purchase fire service pagers and carbon fiber air tanks.
• Glassboro Fire Department – to purchase combustible gas detectors and gas monitoring meters.
• Hamilton Township Police Department – to purchase K-9 equipment, veterinary care and training.
• Winslow Township Fire Department – to purchase combustible gas detectors and gas monitoring meters.
Through the First Responders Grant Program, South Jersey Gas provides critical support to help operations, improve safety measures and/or provide training for local first responder departments. The company conducts a thorough review and competitive selection process of applications across the South Jersey Gas territory from local police, fire and emergency medical services departments with both paid and volunteer staff members. The First Responders Grant Program will be offered again in Fall 2019. Program information is available on the South Jersey Gas website at: southjerseygas.com/community.
About South Jersey Gas South Jersey Gas, subsidiary of SJI (NYSE:SJI), delivers safe, reliable, affordable natural gas and promotes energy efficiency to approximately 385,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland, Salem, and portions of Gloucester, Burlington and Camden counties in New Jersey. For more information, visit southjerseygas.com.