Although they were closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Railroad Barbershop in Rio Grande marked their first anniversary earlier this year! In speaking with Brian and Tara Leach, their sense of gratitude and deep appreciation for the entire “Railroad Fam” was at the root of it all. They spoke of how that “Railroad experience” so many talk about was created by the Railroad community: the Master Barbers, the clients, their own intentions. And throughout these trying times, that feeling and those people and that experience have been missed greatly by all. Everyone at Railroad Barbershop would like to thank you deeply for your continued support, your shows of love and loyalty, and your excitement to get back into your Railroad chair with your Railroad barber. The Railroad Staff is beyond ready to get back to all of you and to the barbering that continues to inspire! That said, Railroad Barbershop will officially re-open their doors for business again on Monday, June 22!
As the health and safety of their clients and staff are of the utmost importance, they have been working relentlessly behind the scenes to ensure the Railroad environment is as safe as possible when you return to your barber’s chair. Owner Brian Leach has put forth guidelines to this effect. As the state announces additional safety guidelines for re-opening barbershops and salons, Railroad Barbershop will update their practices in accordance with those protocols put forth by the Governor.
Here’s what to expect at your next appointment:
- A contactless temperature check will be required, and you’ll be asked a few wellness
- screening questions.
- All client names and contact information will be documented.
- All clients will wait in their cars and will be notified when it is time to be seen.
- Masks will be required for all clients to be worn throughout the duration of the visit.
- Masks will be provided.
- All staff will wear masks and/or face shields, as well as gloves.
- You will be asked to use the provided sanitizer upon entrance to the shop. Additionally, gloves will be provided to you if you’d like to wear them.
- You are asked to come alone to your appointment. A parent may accompany his/her young child/children. If your child is older and does not drive, you will be asked to wait in your car during the visit.
- Clients will be spread out at least six feet from one another throughout the shop.
- Stations, chairs, and equipment will be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant between each client.
- There will be limited contact during check-ins and payment.
- New capes will be used with each client.
- All clients will still have their hot towel experience!
- An ozone generator will be run after closing each night to kill bacteria and viruses.
Walk-In Appointments: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m-6 p.m. Sat: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday: Closed.
“Evenings with Sam Gellura”: Mon-Thurs: 5:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m. By appointment only.
Appointments with Nicole DeStefano: Thurs: 5:30 p.m.-9:30pm. By appointment only.
To book an appointment with Sam or Nicole, download the Booksy app, search Railroad Barbershop, and schedule from there! Or click on the link on Railroad Barbershop’s Facebook or Instagram page.
Railroad Barbershop is currently hiring full-time barbers to join the team. For more information, please contact Brian Leach at 609-231-8022.
4 South Railroad Avenue, Rio Grande