A “Pink Out” fundraiser coordinated by the Borough of Wildwood Crest Wellness Committee has donated $2,147 to Love of Linda, a Cape May County non-profit organization that raises funds for families dealing with the effects of cancer. Wildwood Crest Wellness Committee coordinator Nick Holland of the Wildwood Crest Recreation Department spearheaded a T-shirt drive among borough employees in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October 2020. Employees made donations in exchange for a pink T-shirt that could be worn to work each Friday during the month of October. Pink T-shirts were also made available for purchase by members of the public through the end of the 2020 calendar year. Members of the Wildwood Crest Police Department also made separate donations to the effort. Holland presented the money collected through the “Pink Out” fundraiser to Dan Petela and Margaret Clark of the Love of Linda organization on Thursday, January 14. For more information about the “Pink Out” fundraiser, contact the Wildwood Crest Recreation Department at 609-523-0202.
NOTE: The Cape May County Herald is offering full coverage of the COVID-19 / coronavirus emergency to all, with no payment required. We are committed to ensuring our readers can make critical decisions for themselves and their families during this ongoing situation. To continue supporting this vital reporting, please consider a digital subscription or contribution. For more coverage, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
- Marijuana Bills Signed into Law
- Indictments Filed Feb. 23
- Lower Woman Dies from Covid; 44 New Cases Reported
- Fight Call Leads to Gun, Drug Charges
- County Loses 2 to Covid; 40 New Cases Reported
- Additional Arrest Made in Connection with Wildwood Carjacking
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Feb. 1-7, 2021
- Middle Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Dec. 21-27, 2021
- Lower Man Dies from Covid; 35 New Cases Reported
- Hotel, Motel Group Opposes Beach Tags in Wildwood Towns
- Sea Isle City - Why does Sea Isle City continue to neglect the north side of town? Something needs to be done about the flooding between 32nd and 36th. No other areas are as inundated as this area.
- Wildwood Crest - To those worried the nominal cost of a beach tag is going to wipe out the islands tourism business look back no further than last summer. Fuel was about .75 cents a gallon cheaper, the island was...
- Lower Township - Hey, we're all gonna save the planet by smoking pot!!! I guess more smoke in the atmosphere isn't harming anything as long as it's marijuana. Thats good smoke! My tree hugging...
- Cape May - Did ya hear Cape May is going to replace parking meters with charging stations for your cars? "not"!!! Silly Liberals, you thought that was a good idea huh... I wanna see all the places in...
- North Cape May - It's amazing if you dig, how many "vacations and places" the Obamas have gone on in their "PRIVATE JET" all over the world. But who wants to save the planet? Same with Mr....