Details for DALTON, FRANCIS X.
Francis grew up in the Bronx and attended St. Ann’s Academy. He attended Fordham College prior to joining the Air Force in February 1943. He was a member of the 19th Tactical Air Command supporting General Patton’s third army during WWII. He was awarded the Silver and Bronze Stars. Upon completion of his service, Francis resumed his studies in business at Virginia Tech, UC Berkeley, Stanford University and Iona College from where he graduated in 1948. He married Ann Stephens on September 18,1948 and they spent 63 happily married years together until her passing in 2012. They raised four children and were blessed with 12 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren.
For 37 years, Francis was employed at Crown, Cork and Seal Company of Philadelphia, where he served as Treasurer, Vice President of Crown Financial and as a member of the Board of Directors until his retirement in 1989.
Francis was a member of St. Brendan the Navigator Parish (Avalon, NJ), St. Leo Catholic Church (Bonita Springs, FL) and St. Charles Borromeo Parish (Cinnaminson, NJ). He was a faithful member of his parishes teaching religious education to the youth. He spent many years teaching English and Mathematics on the Indian Reservation in Immokalee, Florida.
Francis could be found every morning at the kitchen table reading the newspaper. He liked to invest in and follow the stock market daily. A sports enthusiast, Francis loved his Phillies and Eagles and watching big 5 college basketball, especially Villanova. He was an avid tennis player, enjoyed his rounds of golf, and relished the countless games of horseshoe on the Avalon beaches with friends and family. His devotion to his children and later to his grandchildren and great-grandchildren was evident in his enjoyment of all things family.
Francis is survived by his children Kathleen Flannery and her husband Steve of Voorhees, New Jersey; his son Frank and his wife Dana of Tierra Verde, Florida; his son Brendan and his wife Sandra of Medford, New Jersey; his son Terence and his wife Kerry of North Andover, Massachusetts. He leaves behind his cherished grandchildren Bridget, Courtney, Meghan, Kayleigh, Kyle, Andrew, Maura, Nicole, Matthew, Alyssa, Molly and Jack along with his adored great-grandchildren Lily, Wyatt, Meara, Emma and Charlotte and Zoe. He is also survived by many nieces and nephews.
Francis was predeceased by his wife Ann E. Dalton (née Stephens), his sister Elizabeth Werner, his sister Faith Cristiano and his brother Vincent Dalton.
A Memorial Mass will be held at a future time to be determined. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Catholic Relief Service, 228 W. Lexington Street, Baltimore, MD 21202-3441.
Herald Classifieds WORK! Place your ad on our website and in the upcoming print edition.
PLEASE NOTE: Deadline for classified print advertising is 11am, Mondays for the following Wednesday edition
Please login before placing your ad.To place your order through the call center, contact us M-F, 9am-5pm at 609-886,8600, x33 or Classifieds@cmcHerald.com.
- County Health Reports 3 New COVID-19 Cases; Total Cases Rises to 9
- Cape May County Records 6th Case of COVID-19
- Cape May County Health Department Announces 3rd Case of COVID-19
- County Health Department Reports 2 Additional COVID-19 Cases; Total Reaches 5
- Urgent Request from Cape Regional Medical Center
- County Has 3rd COVID-19 Case
- County Health Officer Recommends Campgrounds Delay Reopening 'Til May 11
- Wildwoods Weigh: Shut Bridges to Non-year-round Residents
- Mastiff Kills Pup; Owner Charged
- Middle Township Police Reply to Out-of-State Vehicles in Rio Lot
- Cape May Beach - I know a lot of people are out of work right now and tens of thousands are applying for unemployment but just an FYI, there are a lot of local jobs on here https://jobs.covid19.nj.gov/
- Cape May - Why is it that a generation that once marched and called our Veterans "Baby Killers" are now marching to kill babies? Doesn't make a lick of sense! Yeah, and they have the audacity...
- North Cape May - Conservative talking heads like Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh are correct that Trump is absolutely right about putting the economy ahead of Covid-19 health concerns and hundreds of thousands of deaths...
- Avalon/Harrison Twp - I am appalled that Mayor Marty never gives updates or shows his face unless it’s a photo op. I live in Harrison Twp. and our mayors are giving updates every day! Shame on him and everyone that voted...
- Avalon - President Trump has done such a wonderful job during this pandemic. Can you imagine if Joe Biden was president--a man who cannot even recognize his wife from his sister, a man who does not know which...