Details for TYAS, ARTHUR R., SR.
Arthur R. Tyas, Sr., 84 of North Wildwood went home to be with our Lord, peacefully on Wednesday April 28, 2021. He was preceded in death by Jane, his loving wife of 30 years. He is survived by his first wife Barbara Leibrand mother of his children, Arthur, Jeffrey, Denise and Beth. He was more than a father to (Sean-predeceased), Bobby ( McQuaid) Sharon ( Schultze) and Jane’s daughter Debbie. A kind and loving Dad, he raised us all. Grandfather to 15. Great-grandfather to 5. Loved by all. Youngest of nine children. Born in Philadelphia to Frederick and Emily Tyas. Predeceased by his loving siblings May, Stanley, Peg, Lillian , Esther, Rose and Alice. He is survived by his dear sister Ruth. Many nieces and nephews. Loved by all. Arthur was a Veteran of the U.S. Army, serving from 1960-1966. He dedicated time to children as a Sunday School teacher after spending some time in the seminary. As a Shriner’s member, Shriner’s Children’s Hospital was a long time charity that he cared for dearly. His love of music kept him active in various choirs throughout his life. His voice was his gift and he served the Lord well in the First Baptist Church choir and as a well loved and respected member. Singing two of his favorite songs solo “Stranger In Galilee” and “My Tribute” was a joy he shared with friends, family and church family and will be cherished. He will be missed by us all. We are at peace knowing he is home. Family and friends are welcome to First Baptist Church 230E Maple Ave Wildwood NJ 08260 Friday May 7, 2021 for viewing at 11:00am. Service to follow at noon. Interment at Cape May County Veterans Cemetery. Family suggests that if prompted, any memorial contributions go to Shriner’s Children’s Hospital. www.ingersollgreenwoodfh.com
Herald Classifieds WORK! Place your ad on our website and in the upcoming print edition.
PLEASE NOTE: Our regular deadline for classified advertising is 11am, Mondays.
Please login before placing your ad.To place your order through the call center, contact us M-F, 9am-5pm at 609-886,8600, x 133 or Classifieds@cmcHerald.com.
- Fire Official Arrested for Filing False Police Report
- Middle Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests February 2021
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder After Wildwood Stabbing
- New NJ Driver’s License Law Takes Effect May 1
- Fire Torches Boat in Wildwood; 2 Injured
- 1 Killed, 5 Injured in Parkway Crash
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests April 19-25, 2021
- Assault with Two-by-four Leads to Attempted Murder Charge
- Indictments Filed May 4
- Positive Covid Test Closes N. Cape May MVC Facility
- Cape May County - Our problems are not new, but, our defenses have been eroded away over time, here's an example : about 10% of our children if transported back to, let's say 1970 would survive, the other 90...
- Villas - All of this pollen flying around is Joe Biden's fault.
- North Cape May - I wonder if all these higher Wages restaurants are offering bartenders servers etc. will still be paid when they can bring in the cheap foreign labor. They’re all crying I can’t find help, maybe if...
- Cape May - Can the owner of the huge camper on a certain Ave please move it? Besides being an eyesore, it hasn't been moved in 7 months, it's off the drive way and in the stones but mostly, it...
- Wildwood - The gossip surrounding a bar closure in Wildwood is unbelievable. Not one fact being told. People are a mess. They love to kick someone when they are down.