Details for SWEENEY¸ MARGARET C. “RETA”
Margaret “Reta” C., Sweeney, Deptford – Surrounded by her loving family, on September 28, 2020, Reta passed peacefully at home. Age 81. (nee Magoun). Formerly of Woodbury and Cape May. Loving wife of 20 years to the late Edward J. Sweeney, Sr. Cherished daughter of the late Thatcher Magoun V and Mary “Molly” Stewart. Loving mother of Craig Hartman (Donna), Mark Pinero, Thomas Pinero (Janette), Jeffrey Pinero (Kelly), Terri Netz (Bruce), Kellie Blymer, Daniel Sweeney and Sean Sweeney. Predeceased by her son Luis David Pinero (surviving Sam) and step-son, Edward J. Sweeney, Jr. (surviving Sarah). Beloved sister of Thatcher Magoun VI (Nina). Cherished grandmother of Gwen Foerster (Tim), Craig Hartman (Natalie), Alexandra Pinero de Rivera (Steve), Veronica Pinero, Chloe Pinero, Julia Money (Anthony), Kari McElduff, Kyle McElduff (Crystal), Sarah Adams, Jason Adams, Jenai Gonzalez, Olivia Blymer, Riley Blymer, Jason Netz (Lyndsey), Jesse Netz (Nicole) and Brandon Sweeney.
Reta received her bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts from Thomas Edison State College and was a graduate of the last class of Philadelphia General Hospital School of Nursing. She retired as Nursing Supervisor at Episcopal Hospital in Philadelphia. Reta was the former president of the Cape May County Art League.
Funeral Services are being planned for a later date.
In lieu of flowers, donations are requested to The Amedisys Foundation, 3854 American Way, Suite A, Baton Rouge, LA 70816 or online at www.amedisys.com/about/foundation/ Please write in the memo: Margaret C. Sweeney.
Condolences and Memories may be shared at www.mccannhealey.com under the obituary of Margaret C. Sweeney. Funeral Arrangements and Inquires through: McCANN-HEALEY FUNERAL HOME, Gloucester City Ph:856-456-1142
Herald Classifieds WORK! Place your ad on our website and in the upcoming print edition.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the holiday, classified advertising deadline for the SEPTEMBER 9 print edition of the Herald is 11am, Friday, SEPTEMBER 4..
Please login before placing your ad.To place your order through the call center, contact us M-F, 9am-5pm at 609-886,8600, x33 or Classifieds@cmcHerald.com.
- Court House Man Found Dead in Soccer Field Port-a-potty
- Police Standoff in Villas Ends with Man’s Arrest
- Wildwood Crest Pizza Restaurant Owner Sentenced to 15 Months in Prison for Filing False Income Tax Returns
- County Reports 15 New COVID-19 Cases
- County COVID-19 Hospitalizations Low as NJ’s Grow
- County Reports 13 New COVID-19 Cases
- Supporters Back Trump with Parades; Opposition Responds
- Marmora Member of Philadelphia Crime Family Sentenced for Selling Drugs
- County Reports 14 New COVID-19 Cases
- Lower Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests Sept. 28-Oct. 4, 2020
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Wildwood - Wildwood High's football team won one game in like what 6 years? That is a waste of taxpayers' money. Take the money out of the football team, one of the most expensive parts of their...
- Cape May - An excellent letter from by Lear Hendricks Campaign Manager in response to the ridiculous accusations. Definitely worth the read.
- Wildwood - Hoping once the election is over the Herald will go back to being more about Cape May County & less about politics!
- Wildwood - Need to bring back mental institutions to house all these mentally ill people with guns and knives. Why should the police have to respond to the same people over and over again? Just a matter of time...
- Wildwood - Does anyone else in Wildwood have an oil smell in their water? I'm asking before I start making calls to the city. Looking for others with a similar smell in their water.