Chronicling the final days before the historic signing of the Declaration of Independence, 1776 tells the story of the negotiating, bickering, and deal making that led to the nation’s break from Great Britain. With music and lyrics by Sherman Edwards and a book by Peter Stone, 1776 features the efforts of John Adams with his fellow revolutionaries, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, doing battle with the “Cool Conservatives” in John Dickinson and Edward Rutledge. Spoiler alert: Independence wins the day!
This year’s cast features Lawrence Lee (John Adams), Mia Watts (Benjamin Franklin), Michael Morris (Thomas Jefferson), Alan Rendzak (Edward Rutledge), Julia Quinn (Abigail Adams), Maria Stathakopoulos (Martha Jefferson), Rachel Miller (Richard Henry Lee), Charlotte Mendelson (John Dickinson), Nynoshka Vazquez (John Hancock), and Gianna Scarpa (The Courier).
The cast of 27 high school students began working on the show in early December and has been rehearsing nearly 20 hours a week. The show is produced by Kelley Hogg, directed by Deborah Jenkins with Marni McCann as assistant director, choreographed by Nancy Gibson, and accompanied by a professional pit orchestra directed by Scott Breiner.
Performances will be held at the Middle Township Performing Arts Center on Friday, February 28th at 7pm and Saturday, February 29th at 2pm and 7pm. Tickets are $15 for all adults and $10 for students. Tickets are available through the PAC box office (609)463-1924.
- Occurs Friday, February 28th, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
- Occurs Saturday, February 29th, 2020 @ 2:00 pm
Top Herald Articles
- Retirees Encouraged to Apply for 'Senior Freeze' Property Tax Relief Program
- Tough Choices Loom for Shore Communities
- Indictments Filed Feb. 18
- Speigel Named N. Wildwood Construction, Fire, Zoning Official
- Lower Township Police Officer Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Student Suspended for Shell Casing Possession, Permitted on Field Trip
- Say No to Dinner Clubs, OC Council Told
- Update on Proposed Hotel
- Gun Sanctuary Designation Has Scant Legal Weight
- How Much Do Police Officers Make?
- West Wildwood - To the Lower Township spouter on this nation getting so "paranoid" over just the mention of a gun or anything of the sort at our schools. What is sad are tone-deaf people like the spouter,...
- Cape May County - A true hidden gem in Cape May County (besides our awesome zoo!) is the Cape May County 4-H. My kids are learning amazing life skills while they learn to cook, sew, fish and have fun with robotics and...
- Wildwood Crest - To the Wildwood Crest spouter: Yes, please “pay attention” to your Board of Education and come to the meetings; they are open to the public. Please come “pay attention” to our BOE members so you can...
- Stone Harbor - Stone Harbor powers to be are always a day late but never short on spending for a pet project. Great idea to get Dutch engineers to look at borough flooding. This technique was shown last year on 60...
- Lower Township - This Country is getting so "paranoid" over just the mention of a gun or anything of the sort! Ocean city suspended a student for having "spent shell casings" iin his possession....