The West Cape May Environmental Commission is facilitating a Drive Through Electronic Waste Recycling Collection on May 22nd in the West Cape May Borough Hall parking lot. They are encouraging the community to begin saving their electronic waste in advance of the event. This is a great time to get rid of your old TV, computer or printer responsibly by recycling it. The event will run from 9am-2pm, rain or shine. This free, one-day event is open to all. Schools, businesses and homeowners are encouraged to participate. You do not have to be a resident of West Cape May to bring your electronic waste for recycling. You do not have to get out of your car to drop off your electronic waste. Once you drive in, you will be prompted to open your trunk and the team will take the electronic waste out of your car. The team will be wearing masks and adhering to all Covid regulations. Items to be recycled MAY NOT be dropped off at West Cape May Borough Hall prior to 9 am on May 22nd. West Cape May Borough Hall is located at 732 Broadway, West Cape May.
Items acceptable for recycling include: cell phones, computers, modems, laptops, computer monitors, televisions (flat screen and big old CRT TVs), desktop printers, desktop fax machines and strings of holiday lights. Please make sure batteries are removed from devices like remotes and keyboards. White items such as, microwaves, stoves, washers and dryers WILL NOT be accepted. Working with Green Chip Recycling, all electronic waste will be securely transported to their facility and recycled compliant with R2, ISO14001 and OSHA regulations. Items do not have to be “wiped clean” of files. All recycled items will be recycled in accordance with state and federal laws and all data storing devices will be destroyed within R2, Department of Defense (DoD) and National Institute of Technology (NIST) standards.
- Occurs Saturday, May 22nd, 2021 @ 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Top Herald Articles
- New NJ Driver’s License Law Takes Effect May 1
- Assault with Two-by-four Leads to Attempted Murder Charge
- Shooting of Man with Nail Gun Leads to Arrest for Attempted Murder
- Fire Official Arrested for Filing False Police Report
- 1 Killed, 5 Injured in Parkway Crash
- Fire Torches Boat in Wildwood; 2 Injured
- 4 Charged with Aggravated Assault for Burleigh Incident
- 4 Children, 1 Adult Rescued from Burning Seaville Building
- Indictments Filed April 27
- Middle Township Police Department Activity Report, Adult Arrests February 2021
- Greenfield - I think this county needs a big giant roller skating rink. I miss skating. Someone please build one.
- Upper Township - I really like the idea a restaurant had in Philadelphia that all employees had a vaccination bracelet on. I would appreciate knowing that if I was dining out.
- Wildwood - I wish the Democrats would follow the cicadas lifestyle. Go away for 17 years then come out of hiding for 2 weeks, then go into hiding for another 17 years. Life would be good.
- Cape May County - I really wish teachers from out of state especially Pennsylvania would stop moving down the shore and taking teaching jobs away from local college graduates who grew up at the shore and know the...
- Rio Grande - Last Monday’s Middle Township committee meeting was a complete disaster. The whole debacle on Juneteenth was sad to see. The group doesn’t want the township involved but wants the facility staffed...