The Friends of Nick organization will host a charity beef and beer event for Nick Dutton and his family Feb. 29, from 7-11 p.m., at LaCosta Lounge, in Sea Isle City.
Nick, who is the owner of Hand’s Too Bait and Tackle, in Cape May, is battling stage 3 rectal cancer. The proceeds from the evening will help the family offset the cost of Nick’s treatments and the associated costs.
There will be an auction of donated goods and services as part of the evening's festivities, with the funds raised going to Nick and his family.
Business owners, as well as individuals, are being asked to consider donating to help out with the fundraiser. If you can donate, your business or personal name will be included on their Facebook and web pages.
If you can help out, an organization member can stop by to pick up your donation. They are asking that any donations be made by Feb. 25 if possible, so they can have everything ready to prepare for the auction. You can also mail donations to:
Friends of Nick, c/o John Beers
20 Secluded Hollow Rd.,
Court House, NJ 08210.
Top Herald Articles
- Police Chief Reflects on Security for Trump’s Visit
- Retirees Encouraged to Apply for 'Senior Freeze' Property Tax Relief Program
- Tough Choices Loom for Shore Communities
- Indictments Filed Feb. 11
- Lower Township Police Officer Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Say No to Dinner Clubs, OC Council Told
- Shared Fire, EMS Services Quizzed
- Threat of Severe Weather Results in 'Code Blue' Declaration
- Speigel Named N. Wildwood Construction, Fire, Zoning Official
- How Much Do Police Officers Make?
- Rio Grande - Do you think you Middle Township will fix the bus stop shelter in Rio Grande by the fire station. It fell down months ago, and they took it away. Now I see people sitting there on the bench in the...
- Avalon - An Avalon Spouter thinks that "we took prayer out of schools." We did not. Any child may pray at any time in school, as long as doing so does not interfere with the purpose of school: to...
- Wildwood - A study recently released by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health declares there is no evidence “assault weapon” bans lead to a lower “incidence of fatal mass shootings. Why are our...
- West Wildwood - To the spouter and member of the CTWW who is concerned about the year-round residents group. You indicate you are a member of CTWW and you are feuding with local government and its supporters. The...
- Stone Harbor - I like bird watching as much as the next person and I am continually amazed at the fancy scopes and cameras that many use to pursue their hobby. I also understand the need to have tripods to support...