Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

how the world’s biggest companies avoided billions in taxe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: how the world’s biggest companies avoided billions in taxe Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
It was a humbling experience for the chief executive of the world’s most valuable company. Hauled before a Senate panel, Apple’s Tim Cook had to explain how an American company whose American engineers had created the iPhone and the iPad was able to avoid paying any taxes on billions of dollars in profits generated by those products — not to United States, not to any country. The only defense the Cook could conjure up for Apple “stateless” income was that it was all perfectly legal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/10/26/marty-sullivan-figured-out-how-the-worlds-biggest-companies-avoided-billions-in-taxes-heres-how-he-wants-to-stop-them/

You won't hear the subservient Republicans complaining about the rich paying no taxes.

Last edited by sharks-eat-commies on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
maximus99

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: how the world’s biggest companies avoided billions in Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sharks-eat-commies wrote:
Quote:
It was a humbling experience for the chief executive of the world’s most valuable company. Hauled before a Senate panel, Apple’s Tim Cook had to explain how an American company whose American engineers had created the iPhone and the iPad was able to avoid paying any taxes on billions of dollars in profits generated by those products — not to United States, not to any country. The only defense the Cook could conjure up for Apple “stateless” income was that it was all perfectly legal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/10/26/marty-sullivan-figured-out-how-the-worlds-biggest-companies-avoided-billions-in-taxes-heres-how-he-wants-to-stop-them/

You won't here the subservient Republicans complaining about the rich paying no taxes.

Obama is driving the bus.
beachnutz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

But the Republicans are not there for "US"...the hardworking middle and lower who pay their taxes and do our share of paying the taxes of the rich and the greedy.

I do not understand how or why any hardworking middle or lower income person can support this abuse.
bodysnatcher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:
But the Republicans are not there for "US"...the hardworking middle and lower who pay their taxes and do our share of paying the taxes of the rich and the greedy.

I do not understand how or why any hardworking middle or lower income person can support this abuse.

Me neither, but max has always defied common sense, he barley gets by on social security. He dont drive, he sits around all day listening to Rush and gets fuming mad. Then he starts his drinking. Beats the dog, than he starts his rants on SO.He has never traveled anywhere further than Philadelphia. Never had a girlfriend other than the Ho's he writes about all the time. Theres maxs profile, he loves to do that to other people so I thought he might like it. Spot on correct max.
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: how the world’s biggest companies avoided billions in Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:

You won't hear the subservient Republicans complaining about the rich paying no taxes.

Wow, great article. Thanks for posting.
Scorpion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:

What a BS comment to make. If it's perfectly legal, it shouldn't be. I don't give a hoot who is in power, the rules need to be changed yesterday if not immediately.

What sharks and people of his tunnel vision mentality refuse to acknowledge is these global rules of the rich benefit ALL our elected officials. This is how they amass their fortunes over the years while they masquerade as public servants pretending to have the interests of the commoners at heart.

Last spring, while no one was looking, our elected officials were able to reach across bipartisan lines and unanimously agree to make insider trading even easier for themselves.

So please, stop all the horse hockey about republicans refusing to raise taxes on the rich and democrats wanting to increase their taxes. Both parties are in on it together.
THEY are a part of the 1%.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100647407

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43183551

B-snatch,
Surprise, surprise. he barley gets by on social security Most regular people on SS barely get by. They might even be eating barley soup every night for dinner.

He dont drive Are you from Philly and was Mrs. spaz one of your teachers?

When john gets home from the bar and reads this, you're gonna git a spankin'!

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
Quote:

What a BS comment to make. If it's perfectly legal, it shouldn't be. I don't give a hoot who is in power, the rules need to be changed yesterday if not immediately.

What sharks and people of his tunnel vision mentality refuse to acknowledge is these global rules of the rich benefit ALL our elected officials. This is how they amass their fortunes over the years while they masquerade as public servants pretending to have the interests of the commoners at heart.

Last spring, while no one was looking, our elected officials were able to reach across bipartisan lines and unanimously agree to make insider trading even easier for themselves.

So please, stop all the horse hockey about republicans refusing to raise taxes on the rich and democrats wanting to increase their taxes. Both parties are in on it together.
THEY are a part of the 1%.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100647407

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43183551

B-snatch,
Surprise, surprise. he barley gets by on social security Most regular people on SS barely get by. They might even be eating barley soup every night for dinner.

He dont drive Are you from Philly and was Mrs. spaz one of your teachers?

When john gets home from the bar and reads this, you're gonna git a spankin'!

Is it really necessary to drag someone's wife into the argument and insult her? That's your style Scorp. Also, I complained about Congress passing sweet heart deals for themselves...including the exemption from insider trading a long time ago. Again, a day late and a dollar short. I keep telling you, not everyone has your political mentality.
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: how the world’s biggest companies avoided billions in Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JerseyDevil wrote:
Quote:

Wow, great article. Thanks for posting.

Yup.
Scorpion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sharks
Quote:
Is it really necessary to drag someone's wife into the argument and insult her? That's your style Scorp. Also, I complained about Congress passing sweet heart deals for themselves...including the exemption from insider trading a long time ago. Again, a day late and a dollar short. I keep telling you, not everyone has your political mentality.

What's with you and the pompous attitude? spaz is the one who drug his wife into the argument when he announced his inner city expertise because his wife teaches there. As for trying to insult her.......I didn't call her a douche bag like you do when you feel the urge to insult people, now did I. Stop psychoanalyzing over the internet, sharks. It's something else you suck-at.....like taking credit for exposing insider trading a long time ago. Rolling Eyes

Go wash some glasses and make yourself useful for a change!

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
sharks
Quote:

What's with you and the pompous attitude? spaz is the one who drug his wife into the argument when he announced his inner city expertise because his wife teaches there. As for trying to insult her.......I didn't call her a douche bag like you do when you feel the urge to insult people, now did I. Stop psychoanalyzing over the internet, sharks. It's something else you suck-at.....like taking credit for exposing insider trading a long time ago. Rolling Eyes

Go wash some glasses and make yourself useful for a change!

I didn't claim that I exposed anything. This might come as some surprise to you, but a lot of people knew about it...and complained like I did. You think that it's a big revelation. Day late and a dollar short.

Leave people's spouses and family out of it...douche bag.

Ouch, the nonsensical comments about washing some glasses is just killing me! Rolling Eyes
maximus99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:

What hardworking lower class ? YOu mean the 47% who don't pay any taxes?
RealMan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

There's no shortage of people in CMC who don't pay taxes and don't hesitate to feed at the public trough.

Oink! Oink!
robtpost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

They pay plenty of taxes, Social security, State taxes, unemployment etc.
maximus99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

robtpost wrote:
They pay plenty of taxes, Social security, State taxes, unemployment etc.

ZERO income taxes. The top 53% pay plenty of taxes too. They actually pay income taxes, AND SS , AND state taxes, AND sales, AND a hundred other taxes.
robtpost

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So, tell me why corporations with billions of dollars of profits shouldn't have to pay income taxes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: