Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Print Spout Offs 12.19.12

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Spout Off - The PRINTED EDITION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
achampagne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Print Spout Offs 12.19.12 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Lower Township - Now Democrats are using polls to pressure Congress that a majority want higher taxes for the wealthy. Pity the poor if a similar majority poll indicates concentration camps are desired for them; right or wrong not being the point which is where we are headed under the Democrats..
Erma - Lower Township new administration should consider (a retired police officer) as their new solicitor. He owns a business in Lower Township, is an active member of his church in the township, and was raised in Lower Township. Let's finally put someone in this position that cares about our community.
Clermont - The buzz going around Dennis Township is about the Herald article "Spout Offs Make Cape May County Turn" and how Dennis Township was the featured municipality with many unresolved and bitter issues negatively impacting the residents here. As the article points out "something has to be done about ATVs in that community" is a mild understatement.
North Cape May - So Cape May is campaigning to lower their education tab. I urge the news community to do their research and put out some numbers for the public. Assuming that CM gets a conservative judge to agree with them, how much more would Lower homeowners pay on similar homes; how many Lower homeowners would default on their taxes; how many programs and staff would be cut at the schools; how would class sizes be affected; how would sports and bus routes be affected? These are all issues the public needs to know. CM gets riled up when they see the per pupil cost, but could they supply the same education on their own for that price? No, they could not. As one who has been ticketed in CM for an extra 5 minutes at the meter, and payed fees to use their very natural beach which is not always pleasant, I would like to see a real comparison on real estate taxes paid in CM. I'm betting it's one of the lowest tax rates in NJ. At a time when communities should be working together, this is unfortunate.
Villas - This past Saturday afternoon the Villas Fire Dept. drove around the back streets of Villas giving out free toys and food for the poor. Wow, what a sad looking Santa. He didn't even have his heart into it. His outfit wasn't even on good, his beard was falling off his face, and the funny thing was he was skinny. People were waving at them and everyone was saying they all look mad and they didn't wave back. If you didn’t have your heart into it then don’t do it?"
Cape May - Let's be clear. The Republican party got us into the fiscal mess during the Bush admin and has pushed us to the "fiscal cliff" that they are responsible for and won't fix. The majority of Americans want higher taxes for the rich..like Romney only paid 13 percent federal tax. You kidding me. Oh, where are all those jobs the tax cuts to the rich were supposed to create under the Bush plan?
Stone Harbor - Thanks to the person(s) who found my purse in the Stone Harbor restroom on 12/2 and turned it in to the police department. Also thanks to Officer Bartolomo who kept it safe and found us as we returned to the shopping area and retraced our steps in hopes of finding the purse. His attention to details enabled him to spot our vehicle and let us know he had the purse. Happy holidays and a blessed New Year to these wonderful folks.
North Cape May - I read Spout Off's on a regular basis and most times find them very amusing. The comments about dogs doing their business wherever is a real issue. I don't own a dog but do like them and don't mind them being anywhere but the owners who do not clean up after their dogs should be held accountable. I live near the bay and enjoy seeing the pups running around what I don't enjoy is having to clean up the mess. Dog owners please please clean up and maybe people wouldn't get so upset when you take your dog to the beach.
Court House - One has to wonder why gas prices are 10-15 cents higher in Cape May County than they are in Gloucester and Camden County. Cheapest gas in CMC today was $3.41 and in Camden and Gloucester it was $3.28.... where are Sen Van Drew's investgators when you need them?
(ED. NOTE: So, drive to Camden or Gloucester county and fill up there. By the time you return here, how much gas have you used? Could transportation have something to do with the higher price?)
Court House - I'm tired of hearing complaints about the use of the fire siren in Middle Township. The siren is not just for those responding. I live within a block of the siren and have no complaints. I don't have a pager or cell phone that notifies me when there is a fire or need for a response from the fire department. Therefore when I'm driving and it goes off I know to be alert for firefighters that are responding to the station and to also be alert for other emergency vehicles going to the scene of an accident or fire. If I'm home and hear the siren I quietly say a prayer for all those who are responding and those people who may be effected by some fire or accident.
North Cape May – Forward, the theme for the 2012 re-election of Barack Obama, just announced today that 11,000 jobs to be eliminated by CitiGroup. A sign of the forward thinking that many companies will have to face when ObamaCare is forced down their throats. Many more jobs will be cut or employees will become part-timers to get around this forward program and policies of the Obama Administration. God help this country---please.
Wildwood - Can we keep at least one bathroom open on the Wildwood Boardwalk? From North Wildwood to Wildwood Crest, not a single restroom was unlocked and available to use for citizens enjoying a stroll. Just because it isn't summer time doesn't mean no one lives here. What are we paying taxes for?
Stone Harbor - Currently summer residents, we are contemplating a permanent move. We've visited some local high schools as our oldest will enter ninth grade in the fall. Is there one that focuses on a well-rounded education and not only computerized and science courses? I am a college professor who will be commuting to Pennsylvania to continue my work. We are now reconsidering the move because what we have seen is a trend to hype the buzzwords of the day at the cost of preparing students for college with a well-rounded education.
Dennis Township - Great job with the parade, my kids had a lot of fun.
Cape May - I see that the city didn't take down the resident parking permit signs this year. These permits are only good from May through October, but here it is December and all of the signs are still up. This deprives tourists and visitors of parking spots that should be available. The cty should either take the signs down or replace them with signs that indicate the enforcement dates.
West Wildwood - I agree with the spouter who said "vacation home owners should be allowed to vote in the West Wildwood elections for mayor an commissioners." As a 20 year plus home owner, I have no say in who runs the town, but I still have to pay taxes, water and sewer blls. This is taxation without representation.
Ocean View - To the spouter who is having second thoughts about re-electing DiCicco, all I can say is don't waste your votes again when Murphy and Glembocki both come up next election. Both have personally been involved in assessing the ATV problem in Dennis Township, and both have done nothing as the rights of people to live quietly in their homes have been trampled, same as DiCicco. Upper Township is two years ahead of Dennis with a nuisance noise ordinance that will work for ATVs, but these three elected panderers only play political games and work harder to avoid the problem rather than solve it.
Middle Township - I must agree with the "Spouter" who stated that the annual Harvest Festival was not up to par. There were many activities for children and a fabulous food court but more juried vendors would have made the day perfect. Perhaps visiting other festivals and securing their vendors would only enhance the Harvest Festival for next year.
Middle Township - What happened to the hospitality of area businesses and the activities on Mechanic Street for our annual Christmas parade? No carolers? The fabulous marching band proved again to be the highlight of the event. Would have enjoyed hearing them play and perform for a bit.
Wildwood/Philadelphia - The Wildwood Chamber of Commerce web page is a joke there Boardwalk Web Cams are not working and this will hurt the tourism.
West Wildwood - Yep, Mayor Frederick you were right. The clerk during your last year in office made about $15.000 a year without medical benifits. I know because I checked with the tax office. It is a matter of public record how much was spent for that job. All one needs to do is ask. Interestingly, all I got was a run around when I asked how much the new clerk was making. I will chech again in January 2013 to see what the cost was for the new clerk. I will report that too. We miss you, Mayor Frederick.
West Wildwood - Fox has been in office about seven months. What has he done so far? Well, he has raised my property taxes and has increased my sewer rates by about 30 percent. So much for all the promises. I don't know how much more I can afford. Raising taxes is not a solution it is an easy and expensive way to do a half baked job. Shame .
Wildwood - In California a multi-millionaire rented space on a billboard advertising for a Latina girlfriend. Is this racist? I always try to be politically correct. Would it be racist to advertise for a white girlfriend?
Villas - One thing you can say about our president and the rich, he has what it takes to take what they have.
Dennis Township. - I was saddened earlier this year when I heard from the Rec that there wasn't going to be a DT Christmas parade. So, I just wanted to thank the mayor and everyone who made it happen. it's a tradition for us and we had a great time. I was surprised that DiCicco, Murphy, Crippen, and the Rec Staff weren't there as they always have in the past.
Avalon - New Jersey is going to have another bear hunt. In 2011 there were 9,000 bear hunters and 465 bears were killed. In other words, approximately 20 hunters for each bear killed. Clearly there is an overpopulation of bear hunters invading the habitat and disturbing the peace and tranquility of bears and numerous other species of wildlife and birds. We propose a bear-hunter hunting season to control this excess population of bear hunters.
North Cape May - Third time submitted to watch take outs. Pork or hamburger sandwtches at a local bar are belly busting when other people can see them.To take out same sandwiches you get robbed, two tablespoons of pork and one third bar size hamburger to go. Not even talking about platters to go - depends on waitress either no rolls, no butter or no salad dressing if you even get a salad when you ger home and open up platter container.
East Wenatchee, Wash. - In a world where we can put a man on the moon, I find it incomprehensible that the towns of Avalon and Stone Harbor do not have the services of a magical bus called the jitney. The jitney has provided many a summer resident with unforgettable times and transportantion in Atlantic City and more recently Sea Isle City. At just $2 a ride, the residents of Sea Isle no longer have any excuse not to be full-blown alcoholics between Memorial Day and Labor Day, a pleasure previously reserved for residents of Atlantic City. I demand Avalon Borough Council pass a resolution establishing a jitney service for the Summer of 2013. If they don't I will organize a group of citizens armed with torches and pitchforks to demand action on this critical legislative issue.
Dennisville - I want to personalty thank all the nice people that was trying to get my dog back running on Tyler Road. I especially want to thank the guy, his wife, and dog who finally helped me get my dog back. She is fine and safely home. God bless all of you and Merry Christmas.
Stone Harbor - Just completed the new bike path run in Middle, only took me three days on and off because I'm older and have a one speed bike but it is great. What a nice asset for the county, I figured it out to be about four miles but it seemed like more.
Stone Harbor - After submitting a Spout Off, at the bottom of the Herald submission page there was a trailer showing pictures of four young beautiful big-busted women asking me to go to a certain web site, are you aware of this?
Wildwood - The biggest mistake I ever made was to buy a second home in Wildwood, I am trying to sell it because of the high tax and all the crime and the games played in City Hall.
Wildwood - What's the story with the shopping center parking lot lighting? There are lights in that parking lot but they either don't work or the companies are too cheap to pay the electricity bill. It's so dark I won't go there at night. These stores see alot of foot traffic since many of the patrons do not drive. I'm sure "corporate" has to make a decision on any monies spent. Why don't the managers of these stores make it a safety priority and suggest the companies address the lighting issue & maybe the stores will do more business at night. As it stands now they look like they're condemned.
Villas - What a nice parade the Lower Township Rotary put on this past Saturday evening. Driving up Bayshore Road the next morning what a mess. The trash, coffee cups, beer cans, beer bottles, paper napkins and bags of trash that were left in front of private homes and businesses was disgusting. Don't these disrespectful people that were watching the parade know there is a litter law and they can get a nice big fine? Just horrible to see all this trash along the road. Then its up to the businesses and home owners to clean up after these disrespectful people, or use our taxpaying money to have the township people pick it up. Never in my life have we seen such disrespectful people as they have in this area. Let’s start giving out the fines for littering.
West Wildwood/Fox Chase - My home was broken into last week in West Wildwood. I contacted the police. They said "what do you expect?" I expect them to do their job. My neighbor had her home broken into too. What has happened to our town?
Cape May County - The police in Cape May County need to start cracking down on the illegal immigrants driving around with fake license from one state and tags from another state, it's not fair to those of us who abide by the rules. Time for a round up.
North Cape May - Fire sirens should be turned off from 10 p.m.-7 a.m. I don't need to be woken up in the middle of the night because there’s a car accident or a continually faulty smoke detector. The firemen have pagers and police scanners. I understand daytime they are working outside, maybe in a loud enviroment and to warn traffic by the firehouse. but 3 a.m.? And Town Bank’s siren just goes on and on and on and on and on....and on
Lower Township - We all know you get no attention at home. That is why you terrorize the neighborhood by barreling through it, even though you live right on Bayshore. It's a sad state of affairs when people crave attention (even negative attention) from strangers on the street, because they are ignored like strangers in their own homes. Pathetic.
Erma – I will bet that the people read the healthcare bill first, you will be going to pay big time now for the freeloaders.
Cape May Beach - I still am in shock that Romney lost the election. He had such great plans for half of the country.
Avalon - Where are our leaders? You allow a convenience store to come into our town, putting other small stores out of business and, now they are not making an effort to re- open after the storm. The residents are left without a convenience store. Why isn't anyone questioning their lack of concern for the Avalon residents? They have had sufficient time to rebuild. Zoning should rethink allowing another chain to come into our town.
Court House - We're all still laughing over here, talk about irony. A Wildwood spouter objects that the school is teaching its 18-year-olds about our election practices, required by state curriculum standards. And who objects to this? Someone from a town whose politics are the laughing stock of the whole county. Recall city. Let’s all hope the coming generation changes that place for the better. Stand outside that school and thank and support those kids.
Dennis Township - Why does Dennis Township not enforce its zoning ordinance with regard to the illegal motocross track on SH 83 at the marine construction yard? Why do complaints to township committeeman go unanswered? If the township is not going to take appropriate legal action against the property owner, then the time has come for legal action to be taken against township officials.
Fishing Creek - Bring back Regis and Kelly
North Wildwood - The county zoo needs to decorate the cages for Christmas. The animals are always depressed this time of year and I think it would do them some good. I'm tired of them moping around all the time feeling sorry for themselves.
Villas - Obama honors a Korean rapper at the White House who slandered U.S. troops and their families, saying he had no control over the entertainment, but allows his daugthers to be photographed with ingrate rapper. What next in the White House, a terrorist rapper? Those of you who voted for this man, who does not show any respect for those who fight and die for our nation, ought to be ashamed of themselves.
North Wildwood - I recently visited my home in North Wildwood for a weekend. Unfortunately, I locked myself out and company was on their way. Not knowing what to do, I went to the local glass shop on New Jersey Avenue to see how quickly they could replace glass if I broke a window. I didn't have my phone or purse on me and had no way of caling anyone. They were the nicest, most helpful people I have every met. Instead of saying break the glass we can repair it, they got on the phone and found a locksmith for me. While I waited at my home for the locksmith to arrive, they came to my home and told me he would be delayed but they found another who could come sooner. The girls in the front office were so kind and I cannot thank you enough. Often Spout Offs are used for complaints, I for one am using it to say thanks.
Wildwood - To the spouter who made this incredible statement,"Wildwood Crest / Hershey, Pa. - Someone please explain to me how the GOP/Tea Party can rant about “Obamacare...." You complained that if the president was able to push Obamacare in, why is he being accused of failing to lead now? The answer is very, very simple. Obamacare was passed when both the House and Senate were controllled by the President's own party. Aren't you aware that Nancy Pelosi has been replaced by John Boehner, and the Republicans control the House of Representatives? Don't compare apples and oranges.
North Cape May - Yes, I can sure tell the election is over in Lower Township. Before the election--trash cans brought neatly to the curb, pot holes repaired, and the street sweeper shows up to clear the long overdue sand in my street---Now the trash cans are just tossed to the curb, the leaves are piled up ( three times ) and the wind just blows them back to my yard and no leaf crew in sight.
(ED. NOTE: Manager Michael Voll said elections are not a factor in the above. Pot holes are repaired when needed, streets are swept year-round. Trash cans are to be properly replaced. If they are not, or if cans are damaged by publc works employees, contact him at 886-2005 Extension 133.)
Wildwood - To the spouter who accused the Coast Guard cutters heading south as being more of a crusie ship than a military vessel, because they are not sailing north in the winter. Perhaps he or she should just stop and consider the terrible number if illegal aliens and the huge amount of smuggled narcotics that comes to our country by way of Canada's Atlantic Provinces. They go south, because that's where the bad guys are. Why do people who have no idea what they are talking about feel a need to complain about policemen, firemen, the Coast Guard, and even the guys who work hard for low pay picking up trash? Are these all people who never went past eighth grade, and or never had to do a hard days work? Isn't anybody in Cape May County grateful for anything?
Dennis Twp - I was one of the residents in Dennis Twp. to vote this November because I was told by a certain recreation staff member that they will be losing there jobs. They I find out that none of it was true that the staff only heard rumors. I am very upset that employees would use the residents and children for there on gain.
Wildwood - What the Moreys have done with the Ferris wheel lights for Christmas really adds to the town and looks very nice. I hope they continue to do this in years to come.
Court House - I am guessing there was no TP at Convention Hall in Cape May. If this is correct, I have to say that the Mr. Whipple spout off really made me laugh. Good one. Actually, I laughed anyway, even if my guess is wrong.
North Cape May - No one I know has ever heard of "Fabulous Freddy".
Court House - Are there any Elem 2 teachers' children who did not get a part in the school play?
Wildwood Crest - I swear, I'm married to an absolute dumbo. Who gives a husband a power tool for Christmas? That’s what my oldest child told me I'm getting. After 11 years of marriage, wouldn't you think a normal wife would know what to buy? And it’s with my money. If I were to give her an iron or vacuum, she'd be upset, but it’s ok that I get a tool. Are any other men feeling my anger and disgust?
(ED. NOTE: Some guys don’t know what they have until they lose it.)
South Dennis - I read the handout from DT fifth and sixth grade teachers as a parent survey seeking ideas for a possible social event. I saw nothing indicating big money was needed, that a new "dance" was imminent or teachers working extra hours to make it happen wanted extra pay. There’s no reason to connect who is on the BOE with this possible event. For each child in gr 5/6 whose parent is on the BOE there are dozens whose parent isn’t. I commend these teachers for exploring ideas for school events and seeking parental input. I volunteered for this event intended to give all fifth and sixth grade children some safe, school based fun. You should have too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Spout Off - The PRINTED EDITION All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: