Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Print Spout Offs 7.18.12

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Spout Off - The PRINTED EDITION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
achampagne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Print Spout Offs 7.18.12 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Dennis Township - To FoxChase/Wildwod, Welcome to the world of Dennis Twp. politics. The people on the committee/planning board are there for the sole purpose of advancing their own personal/business (and their relatives') agendas - not for the residents. They're all interconnected so they can make their own lives easier and line their pockets by making/changing whatever regulations that favor themselves.
North Wildwood - On July 3 my wife and I witnessed a rescue of four kayakers who were stuck in the mud after paddling into Grassy Sound as the tide was going out. The North Wildwood Police, Fire Department, and EMS did an outstanding job working their way through the mud to reach the kayakers, and from my view at 13th street it looked like they brought back two adults and two children. None of them were wearing life jackets. Although operators of kayaks and canoes are not required to attend boating safety courses, they should have known that N.J. law required them to have life jackets for all onboard, and that children under 12 must have them on while on the water. Kudos to the rescue team, but a definite boo to the owners of the kayaks. The kayaks were later retrieved by a member of the Coast Guard Auxiliary and turned over to the police, there were no life jackets found.
Stone Harbor - Another drug bust here this time on the beach. Time to wake up and realize that this doesn't just happen in Wildwood.
Cape May - What a pleasure it is to visit Avalon. For this holiday they offered a free concert and fireworks on the beach. Not only is it a pleasure to drive into this lovely town but after arriving we found a parking spot next to the beach. And it was free parking. Such a shame that for those of us that live in Cape May can't say the same. I only hope the residents know how lucky they are to have a mayor that cares about his residents and visitors. You are definitely "cooler by a mile."
North Wildwood - I cannot find the time limit that a boat on a trailer with a license can park on a street. I tried to find the answer online but had no info. I find this a problem with parking and getting out of my private driveway as the boat partially obstructs my drive way especially during this prime summer season parking is at a premium as everyone has family/friends down.
West Wildwood - The spouter who refers to West Wildwood police chief, you are referring to the Fredericks-McNamara Version where the taxpayers of West Wildwood paid well over $500,000 to hire Hearing Officer Fred Coldren who was hand picked by Fredrick and who is also personal friend of Fredericks. The courts saw Coldren’s decision much different and the people of West Wildwood are paying for Fredericks personal attacks on honest people. West Wildwood is a much better place without Fredericks.
West Wildwood - It was great to see the people of the town come together for the fun fest. It’s good to see community spirit alive again. Thank you to the businesses of West Wildwood for their support. If it wasn’t for the businesses and donations this event would not be possible. It’s great to see the familys having fun and three commissioners who work together.
Lower Township - My thanks to the police, the rec department, the EMTs, Manager Voll, and Mayor Beck for a great fireworks display. It's great to live in Lower.
Villas - What possesses a parent to put a T-shirt on their child that says "I'm sexy and I know it?” Another question is why would a company make these shirts? What a shame as to what is considered acceptable anymore.
Avalon - "No one making under $250,000 will see their taxes go up a dime. It's a mandate, not a tax,” President Obama. SCOTUS just told us all, it was a tax. Another lie to the middle class by Obama and his administration. 75 percent of Obamacare costs will fall on the backs of those Americans making less than $120,000 a year. We will not be fooled again.. Vote Romney 2012.
Wildwood - Wildwood trash and litter around condos and on the beach, trash piled up around apartments and rental properties. Wildwood is nothing more than Thugwood. Gangs and drugs rule the city.
Stone Harbor - Thank you, mayor and council, for making the right decision. This is why the two independents were voted in last November. To step back, review, and decide what is best for the residents. Thanks or listening to the voters. Great selection. My choice too.
Wildwood - Why are the taxpayers throwing money out the window for these numerous beach patrol lawsuits? Just put the beach patrol under the fire dept. and be done with this nonsense.
Avalon - Avalon's fireworks may have been huge, but Stone Harbor's were "huger." About three minutes longer. Both were very good.
Stone Harbor - Regarding the library $5M in lost rateables: Because of high value of the entire island rateables, this is only 0.25 percent of the total Stone Harbor ratables, which would only impact 0.00025 percent of each person’s taxes. No big deal.
Wildwood - Well, analysts accurately predicted gas at $4 a gallon and we got it. Now Obama and the Left expect us to be overjoyed to "only" pay $3.50 a gallon for gas. Not when the price of oil is $87 a barrel. Four years ago, gas reached $4 a gallon, but oil was $140 a barrel. So at that proportion, gas should be just over $2 a gallon. It shows you what Obama's shackling of economic freedom and domestic energy production have done to us.
Stone Harbor - For the Herald's Fourth of July issue, one of America's most revered and celebrated holidays, the Editor of Herald decided to put an article by a Rabbi Lipsschultz noting the contributions of Jewish Americans. Was this necessary? It is an American holiday and as such was quite disturbing and insulting by overlooking the rest of “We Americans.” To add insult to injury, Lippschultz went on to cite American injustices. Injustices that took place long before my grandparents ever so thankfully reached our shores and would treasure being Americans. Long before my uncle would storm the beaches of Normandy on D-Day and be mortally wounded. Long before I would honorably serve my nation during Vietnam and always think first of myself as an American. Again, what was the Herald thinking in allowing such an article stain `We Americans' precious holiday.
(ED. NOTE: White Stars of David stand side by side with crosses in military cemeteries foreign and domestic. We Americans are one people united but having diverse backgrounds. We must never forgot those injustices that, when corrected, created this strong nation.)
Wildwood - Where do people get the idea Wildwood is a family resort? It has always been a place for wild abandon and the boardwalk has had dirty T-shirts on display since forever. It’s a party town, always has been, always will be.
West Cape May - The Cape May County Animal Shelter is desperately in need of fosters and adopters for both dogs and cats. They are full and facing the prospect of euthanizing animals for space issue alone. Please help them in any way you can. The animals and shelter staff need you. Please call 465-8923
Cape May - Not looking forward to Obama's visit later this summer. Traffic is bad enough as it is.
Wildwood - Did the stocks hype machine break down on the beach?
Erma - To the Spouter who complained about "King Joe" in last week’s posting: I can only hope that more people will take a hint from his kind actions within the district and be more appreciative of the selfless way he runs the schools. A person like you can only ever wish that your heart be as big as his.
Court House - Thanks, Avalon, for a super Independence Day celebration.
Lower Township - To answer the question submitted by a Lower Township taxpayer about the closing exercises at the Lower Township Elementary School. Who made the decision to not allow taxpayers to use the bathroom? This was done by the Supervisor of Building and Gounds. Let them use the porta pottys or they should have gone the the bathroom before coming here.
Cape May - I can't believe they haven't put chairs or benches on the massive deck surrounding the new convention hall. What a waste of space.
Sea Isle City - When are the police going to start enforcing the new law on securing pets inside a vehicle? All they have to do is stand outside their police station and witness hundreds leaving and coming.
Wildwood - Big thank you to the security guard on duty at the 24-hour store on Atlantic and Roberts ave. for staying by my grandaughter’s side until I could pick her up. She felt protected and safe. You really should get a big bonus for being so kind. The company should be commended for hiring a wonderful concientious fellow like you.
Stone Harbor - Good choice on the library location. If it was on the beach, it would get messy with people from the beach coming in just to use the bathroom. Sand, salt, and water all over the new library.
Villas – Why hasn’t the Cape May County Bridge Commission updated their website? It is way out of date. Also put better history in there. There is a lot missing.
Wildwood - Wildwood is famous for Section 8 and good ‘ol boy politics and family and friends of elected officials given jobs. What a mess. Wildwood is full of trashed properties full of vacant lots with high weeds and trash run down boarded up buildings on Pacific Ave. and other streets.
Wildwood - To those in Stone Harbor who want the library at the beach, come take a look at the Wildwood Crest library. Beachgoers take all the parking spots this time of year and leave no spots for library patrons. There's no enforcement of parking rules by staff or police. Also the Crest library is being moved so it can be expanded and the current location at the beachfront can be developed.
Wildwood - I have to admit the Chesney concert was a real winner, especially since it had a corporate sponsor. Just a thought: maybe next time any concert should be held in Sept. or Oct. It'll bring people in that wouldn't be here otherwise and it won't be so stifling hot.
Lower Township - Why is gas so high down here? When you leave Cape May County, gas is 40 cents cheaper in most gas stations.
(ED. NOTE: Maybe transportation here drives up the price.)
Wildwood - Check out and report the sale of Schellenger and Pacific, a behind-the-table sale, to the SID and city.
Lower Township - The stop here on red sign on Breakwater Road at Rt. 9 seems to be invisible to most drivers. It's an accident waiting to happen to someone using the bike path. I use it several times a day, and have yet to see a police officer in the area doing any kind of traffic enforcement.
North Wildwood - Those who believe there is a decay in the work ethic of American youth should have attended the Cape May County Lifeguard Championships held at Wildwood Crest. Of course, the competition was exciting and entertaining. But the entire event was particularly well run, with young Crest lifeguards involved in crowd control and race logistics. Kudos to the chief and senior staff for organizing an event that showed off the true spirit, energy, hard work and cooperation that American youth are capable of.
Avalon – First-time Spouter, long-time reader, I just have to say how great Dave and the guys at a service facility in Rio Grande were to me. I had a flat that a station in Avalon said could not be repaired. That store patched my tire quickly and was very friendly and helpful. Living in Charleston, S.C., I am accustomed to Southern hospitality and that company delivered. Thank you.
North Wildwood - North Wildwood should give out the good neighbor award to the home owners on West 15th St. who rent out all summer but do not allow the tenants to park in the driveway which results in eight to 10 cars on the street and nowhere for the neighbors to park.
North Wildwood - We really like the Spouts Offs, but have noticed that the print is getting so small. Could you please make the type larger?
(ED. NOTE: Larger would mean fewer. We opted for smaller and more.)
Wildwood - The soccer teams are bad kids. Free Chesney concert stunk. Mayor Troiano wears shorts to the beach concert. How about complaining when you attended The Last Supper with Jesus the food and service was bad?
Wildwood - I hope the new Wildwood school adminstrator starts doing the right thing and stops increasing the tax rate every year. They need to start making cuts and charging fees for sports porgrams.
Avalon - Don't know if you did it on purpose, but thanks to Sea Isle, Avalon and Stone Harbor for timing your fireworks so that one was ending when the next began. It gave us over an hour of wonderful entertainment on the beach the night of the 4th. If it was an accident, please do it again next year.
North Cape May - The other night at a local restaurant, I watched two young men interrupt their dinners to help a woman that fainted and went unconscious. Without their quick actions, as well as a bartender for immediately calling 9-1-1, I'm not sure what would have happened. After everything was over, a waitress commented that she recognized one as an off-duty North Wildwood or Wildwood policeman and was told by patrons the other was an ER nurse. Glad to see good people still exist in these professions.
West Wildwood - I would like to thank our Public Works Dept. for the wonderful job they did getting ready for the Family Festival, and then for cleaning up after all of us on Saturday and Sunday. I was at the regular monthly meeting last night, and I just found out the Public Works donated their time for that entire weekend. Thank you lady and gentleman. We are all a West Wildwood family again.
Cape May - After a visit to my favortie market, I was appalled and concerned by the amount of time that it took to cook my cheese steak. The man was only willing to cook one cheese steak at a time and would only use a corner of the grill when he had plenty of room to cook more cheese steaks on the rest of the grill. Would it hurt to use more of the grill? I love a good cheese steak, but having to wait 30 minutes to get one is just down right ridiculous.
North Wildwood - Why is the police officer from West Wildwood allowed to shop in an unmarked police car? She's not wearing a uniform and she should not be allowed to pick up groceries in the car. I was parked next to her and could see all the police scanners in the from seat. It’s disgraceful.
Stone Harbor - I attended the council meeting Tuesday and was in shock to hear that the council members that voted for Second Ave. did no analysis to make their decision. To me it looked like they just used personal feelings and that five months of working looked like a terrible waste of time. One gentleman got up and went over all the mistakes they made and all of the money that will be wasted (somewhere around $4 million). It looks like they are wasting our money and the reasons that were given were very shallow. The council seems very short on talent.
Stone Harbor - I wonder if that very weak library committee ever called Widwood Crest or Sea Isle to ask advice? Wildwood Crest looks like they have their act together and should come to Stone Harbor and run our town. I read where one of the SH council women said that her reason for Second Ave. was because at the beach the windows would get dirty and they would have to be cleaned. Now there's a deep thinker for you. Where do these people come from? She shouldn't be anywhere near voting for anything. I figure she has no windows in her million dollar house.
Lower Township - During a recent trip to our local movie theater, my wife and I went to see a “R- rated” movie but to our surprise we had a group of 13-year-olds sitting behind us. Now according to the rating system the “R-rating” means "no one under 17 is to be admitted without parent or guardian" which there were none. Now I'm not some prude, but there were some things in this movie that were totally inappropriate for 13-year-olds. It's really sad that this theater can't enforce the rules that the movie industry has established.
Stone Harbor - A hint to all locals, if you're tired of having to wait in line at the store after having looked for a parking spot you need to get there between 4 a.m. and 6 a,m. Until the shoes migrate back this is your best bet. Forget Sundays if you want a paper, they are all usually gone after 10 a.m.
Stone Harbor - Have you ever seen a council where one of its sitting members openly supports a candidate for mayor other than the one that’s elected? Karen Lane is listed on flyers for a candidate named Bauer as his treasurer. She works for Walters but she undermines her by rooting for the other guy. She must really dislike what she does to throw it in everyone’s face like this. In fact, the other women on council are the same. Can't we get honest people anymore? And with integrity. Not these people.
Avalon - Remember: Nov. 6, 2012 is Correction Day.
Wildwood - As nearly a life-long resident of Wildwood, I am shocked by the current mayor appointing a head of beach services. Back in the good old days in the 80's and 90's, we had everything from concerts to rodeos to circuses and animal shows and countless other events without this appointment. Why is it that the current government created this job? I guess it was family related. This is an outright waste of tax money. By no means should this have been done. I am fed up with the way the city is being run.
North Wildwood - The Wildwood taxpayers deserve better. Ernie and his puppets don't fool anyone. Though many in Wildwood did not like him, Mayor Demarzo was starting to turn the town around, lower taxes and make living in Wildwood better.
Ocean City - Section 8, drugs, slum land lords, trailer parks, horses etc, are doing nothing for the Wildwoods except bring the town down. The Wildwoods that grandma and grandpa knew are dead and gone. The taxpayers in Wildwood deserve better. They need fresh blood in city hall that do not have connections to anyone in Cape May County.
Cape May – What’s up with the beach taggers telling people they can’t go on the beach without a tag at 9 a.m in the morning? I guess it’s just like the meters not stating when they begin in the spring or end in the fall. Get a grip.
Cape May Beach - Why has the beach turned into a highway? Vehicles belong on the road whether you are Congress Hall, beach tag service, Steiger's service, or lifeguard trucks. The sand is soft and gets too rutted by all the traffic. It makes walking very difficult when you are climbing in and out of tracks. Lifeguard service vehicles are necessary and appreciated for emergencies but not for joy riding. Eliminate some of the other travel please. The beach has become narrowed because of mother nature and the repositioned fence so cones around lifeguard stands and traffic lanes have congested beach goers. Before the city was so wealthy from beach fees we did not have so many trucks finding it necessary to rut up the beach.
Avalon - Why is Avalon tearing up the nice grassy area in front of Veterans Plaza in the middle of the summer? The township has 9 months of the year to do such projects. This is poor planning and a horrible way to show our city off in “prime time”. I lost friends in 9/11 and can appreciate how a memorial will remember them but build it off-season.
Avalon - To the Avalon spouter who "rants" weekly against Republican politicians, keep it up. While your ideas are wrong-headed, I find them to be very amusing.
Cape May - I would like to say thank you to all the people who participated in the Independence Day parade in Cape May. The weather was unbearable, but they persevered for the enjoyment of the public.
Cape May - Why can I get drunk, but not get high? It seems I make far worse decisions with the former.
Wildwood - As a taxpayer I am very upset and going to move away because of the City of Wildwood spending for an ice rink and creating a new position as head of beach services and all the Section 8 that moved on to my block. I have made a deal to sell at a loss to an investor that will rent it out yearly.
Ocean View - Awoke this morning on Cedar Drive (the Cedar drive by Bishop McHugh school) in Ocean View to find that mine and about 20 of my neighbors cars had been a bit ransacked. Seems no one can figure out what these "thieves" (and I use the term loosely) wanted. Nothing but loose change seems to have been taken. Why is it that as soon as summer comes and the campgrounds are in full swing, this sort of thing happens every year without fail? I never lock my car for this reason and this reason only. Curiosity from some loser punk thief could cost me a window replacement. I thought Rt.9 traffic was all I ever had to worry about.
(ED. NOTE: Try locking the car. That might make a difference.)
Wildwood - In 2010 Wildwood placed down walkways to beach. This year they did not and there are wooden walkways laying around Schellenger Ave. behind the information center. In 2010 the Public Works placed walkways around the sand dune there for people to walk on and not walk on the pier’s drive way. What’s up with the Public Works? One word explains it: Lazy. It is functioning like it did in the past when the current mayor was in charge and nothing more than a waste of tax payers money.
Erma - Obama discontinuing extending unemployment benefits so it will look like the unemployment rate is dropping right before elections. What a conniving politician.
Cape May - Surprised when we bought tickets to the Jay and American's Concert., advertised for $30 but a $4 "facilities" charge was added. Facilities charge, I've heard of handling fees when you buy by mail or internet but what's a facilities charge - bathroom, water fountain? Made me think, were the $150 ticket buyers for the Peter Nero concert charged the $4 fee or are we being charged to make up the shortfall..
West Cape May - I was wondering who thinks they own the beach more the life guards or the beach taggers?
Sea Isle City - Is there a local government official with any common sense in SIC? July 7 was 99 degrees. The people collecting beach fees were on asphalt with no sea breeze. At 2 p.m. they were told to stay or be fired.
North Wildwood - To the owners of the barking hounds on Fifth Ave., how can you be so arrogant to allow your dogs to bark incessantly on your deck and disturb the peace of everyone within "barking" distance? Have you no consideration for those who share the neighborhood? Have the common courtesy to keep them inside. We are sick of it.
Avalon - Avalon could learn from Ocean City. Instead of spending money foolishly to provide housing for pets (just in case we have another hurricane) why not spend it on the safety of your residents and provide lifeguards after 5 p.m. like Ocean City is doing? As an Avalon taxpayer I am embarrassed that we are bragging about having trailers for pet evacuations.
North Wildwood - Well five years and counting and still very little progress on the Children’s Fresh Air Home completion. Get the home done so the kids can finally enjoy it.
North Wildwood - People living behind the 18th Ave. laundry: Keep the grocery cart at the store and not on the property.
North Wildwood - Fix Park Avenue. You don't need to pay for a roller coaster ride just go down Park Avenue in either direction.
North Wildwood - Hats off to the City of North Wildwood for keeping Allen Park on Delaware Ave. in excellent condition. It's beautiful. Thank you.
Wildwood - Will the mayor ever learn he gets recalled because he gave everyone in his family a job now he creates the beach authority and gives his son and the mayor of West Wildwood a job. Another recall is on the way.
Wildwood - The Wildwood Housing Authority Board better wake up and realize that the director is always in Millville. Bring back Mr. C and make Sandman Towers a home again not a business.
Wildwood - What on earth is that Wildwood school board thinking? Millions in tax dollars wasted. Test scores among the lowest in our state. Our precious children holding a meaningless diploma. Where is the vision, the needed interventions, the school leadership, beyond that unsafe and disastrous football program? Parents, for our children's future, please contact the governor. We need him to send down a state monitor as in other failing school districts.
Villas - By now, many of you have received the notice by the National Association of Letter Carriers. In addition to filling out the form (be wise and enclose it in an envelope to secure your signature), go to the Facebook page of the US House of Representatives and tell them to vote no on H.R. 2309. Why should our government allow the postal service, a vital service to every citizen, to dissolve? After all, Congress bailed out Wall Street (incl. big banking) and the auto industry. Why should they not help the postal service? Could it be that there's no financial incentive (think "kickback") for them to do so?
Villas - Our leaders are sending millions of dollars in aid to foreign countries, many of whom don't even like us. Yet, Congress wants to dismantle the U.S. Postal Service. Why do we keep supporting other countries while the people in our own country are suffering? It makes absolutely no sense. By sending money to enemy nations, we are just paying the bully not to take our lunch money. Grow a pair and stop kow-towing to despots.
Cape May - We all now have a running bet concerning the big parkway extension to the ferry via the North Cape May diversion route. Basically we are guessing exactly where that big fat new toll booth will be constructed. I say directly outside of the Cape May-Lewis Ferry exit ramp. Perhaps a one-time time charge of $8 slapped on tourists getting off the ferry, or a $3/$5 toll going both ways in or out of N.J., getting you coming and going as is the norm for this greedy, money-grabbing state whose version of tourist trade is beach fees, the sudden attrition rate of minimum-wage lifeguards who now cannot feed their families or afford winter fuel costs due to no winter unemployment checks, parking machines outsiders cannot see or understand, and antiquated amusement rides in the name of canned entertainment.
Wildwood - The heat is on but the volcano will erupt soon in Wildwood without a Budget.
Lower Township - Ok people, it starts with morals at home. You have trash you throw it into a trash can. Why do kids walking by eating and drinking throw their trash right on the ground? We should fine these kids, make them pay a fine, and walk around the township picking up trash. Maybe their parents will step in and be parents.
Lower Township - To the landscapers that cut Lower Township facilities: For the price you get paid by the taxpayers it would be nice if you could pick up the trash before you cut it to shreads.
Stone Harbor - To my neighbors and their eternally barking dogs, why bother having dogs if you cannot find the time to train them properly? Why do you leave them outside, unattended, to bark non-stop? The black dog is bored. He stares at your backdoor and barks and barks, begging for attention or to be let in the house. If you can't be bothered, why not give the dog to a family who will care about her? I will be keeping a log of the barking and will involve authorities if this goes on much longer.
Wildwood - Still no word on City of Wildwood budget. Just more smoke and mirrors. Time for recall.
North Wildwood - Do not call the police about backyard fireworks or crowds hanging on dead end streets because it will fall on closed minds. They take more information from the caller then people committing the problem and if the problem comes from a cop's residence you get a long line and they ignore the problem even when the whole street talks to the cops on the scene.
Wildwood - I am appalled at the rudeness of Jet Skiers on Sunset Lake. They are constantly harassing the sailboat transients who anchor for peace on the lake. They are nothing but needy people who need the attention of those watching from the bank. They have the whole other side of the lake to use and yet still continue this repulsive obtrusive needy behaivor. Can't the rental companies lay down the law about this, using the “no wake” law as ammo?
Middle Township - This pet name of Pittie really gets on my nerves. I was brutally attacked by one of these things, and still people on the beach let them run and jump on me, saying, "Oh, he wants to say hello." Keep your dog away from me and all others. You have no idea of the magnitude of our fears.
North Cape May - A fishing pier? Really? Why? Why can't we keep our little slice of heaven the way it is? A fishing pier will only bring more....more traffic, trash, parking issues, pet issues, people issues, etc. I hate to say it but follow the money.
North Wildwood - To the parents who bring their kids to a bar: It’s not cute, it’s not cool, it’s wrong. Get a babysitter or don't go out.
Court House - Summer camp counselors, please remember that what happened in your room stays in your room and is not to be brought up in public to a parent when others are present. Show a little professionalism.
Court House - Why not concede defeat on the railroad that will never again run into Cape May County and turn it into a bike path? At least that would be better than the obnoxious weeds we must look at now along the rusting railway.
Stone Harbor - What's the deal with the Stone Harbor lifeguards? They blow their whistles every few minutes at swimmers who are only a few feet left or right of the stands or if a swimmer goes past their waist. They keep the swimmers so crowded like cattle that it's actually unsafe with so many kids and boogie boards on top of each other. And this is on calm days, no rips, when it’s safe. I know we need them but give us some space. If you can't run the extra 20 steps to save someone if ever needed, maybe you shouldn't be a lifeguard. Wildwood beaches have the perfect set up, you can swim anywhere between stands and no beach tags either.
Rio Grande - To the person who had an orange and white cat that lives somewhere near Secluded Acres off of Route 47, he is dead, because you failed him. He was hit by a car sometime during the past weekend. You should be banned from ever having any animals again. He thought you cared, he just wanted you to love him, to take care of him and feed him. But the last couple of months you didn't do that. I know you didn't and I know you didn't care about him because no matter how bad the weather was, or how bad the traffic was he had to risk crossing 47 to come to my house looking for food, love and attention and my family gave it to him as much as we could. We would have taken him in but we already had four cats and a dog and didn't know how they would get along. At least he knows we loved and cared about him.
Sea Isle City - What a great Fouth of July fireworks presentation this year. Using the barge enabled the fireworks to be seen all up and down the beach for miles. I hope the city continues to use this venue.
Villas - July 8, 2012 I met two angels. I unknowingly locked the keys in my car when I went into a convenience store on Bayshore Road. Once I realized what I did I had no choice but to walk a half mile to the library. A very sweet woman in the library heard my plight and offered to drive me back to the convenience store to wait for the police. She waited with me until the officer arrived. This very polite and understanding officer had my car unlocked within minutes. I'm so grateful for their kindness. Hopefully some day I can be an angel to someone in need.
Sea Isle City - Awesome job with the fireworks this year. The changes were a good move and well planned.
Sea Isle City - Is it legal in N.J. to make a left-hand turn from a one way street onto a two way street when the traffic light is red? I was just wondering because saw a driver with Delaware plates do this in SIC.
Upper Montclair - My friends and I were shocked and then amused at the Chesney concert when your mayor appeared dressed in shorts, a muscle shirt and unshaven in front of thousands. What was he thinking? Unthinkable up here. His family must be, or should be, mortified. But the concert and setting were superb. Wildwood sure knew how to stage a first-class performance.
Whitesboro - Middle Township Recreation Summer Basketball Program so unorganized. For weeks we heard nothing about the program if they were having it or not than the week of when the program was to begin on Sat. July 7 we got a call from one of the coaches telling us to be there at the MLK Center at a certain time. On Friday we got a call from the women at the Recreation Dept in Goshen to be at the MLK Center at a different time. Again all last minute. Our son has played in other programs with the Recreation Dept that the Goshen Complex has run and it was never last minute or unorganized. Does the MLK Center not know how to run a program? Or did these coaches just decide to do their own thing? Director of Middle Township Recreation Dept. can you please explain what is going on?
Del Haven - Middle Twp. street cleaner truck, why would you come to clean the streets of Del Haven early on a Tuesday morning when it is trash day and you can’t get around the cans? And the trash men always drop something in the streets why not wait till they at least are done and come through after they are done? Sometimes I wonder how smart people are who work for the Public Works Department.
Stone Harbor - Whatever happened to fiscal sanity in Stone Harbor? For the library site the desperate housewives are using (spending) $4 million of investment real estate that should be reserved for emergencies such as beach replenishment. Taxpayers, this is your money and amounts to half the annual budget. Reckless spending can be expected from one of the councilwomen but why doesn't the "bookkeeper extraordinaire" on council see this reckless behavior; and where is "Capt. Stone" with his fiscal conservatism?
Stone Harbor - Where have all the fireflies gone? Long time passing. Where have all the fireflies gone? Long time ago. Where have all the fireflies gone? Gone to pesticides on lawns (and stones). When will they ever learn? Oh, when will they ever learn? Where have all the fireflies gone? Long time passing. Where have all the fireflies gone? Long time ago. Where have all the fireflies gone? You'll never see them my son. When will they ever learn? Oh, when will they ever learn?
North Wildwood - Please explain to me why the City of North Wildwood would pay $50K for a street sweeper vehicle and a $50K salary for the driver for a useless function? What I mean is that the sweeper rides in the middle of the street where no trash lies. There are bottles and cans next to the curb which is not picked up by the sweeper because cars are parked along the curb. This is just another example of wasteful property tax spending by the mayor and council president.
Wildwood - It seems Chris Fox has a great deal to say regarding the RVs on the beach and what gives him the right to shoot his mouth off? He is supposedly the mayor of West Wildwood so why doesn't he go there and stay there? Also, I understand he is the boardwalk inspector of Wildwood and how did he get that position? Go over the bridge mayor and stay there. We have enough trouble here in Wildwood without you. West Wildwood threw you out a few years ago and I can understand why. Maybe Mayor Troiano can tell us who is running this city. I am sure many people would like to know.
West Wildwood - To the spouter who wanted an answer about the ex-lieutenant of the West Wildwood Police Dept., there is no answer, something is fishy in Denmark. How can Comm. Golden and Comm. Maxwell overturn the ruling of the hearing officer who found the lieutenant guilty of three out of four criminal charges? Where did they get their law degrees? I don't believe they have any, of course our illustrious mayor abstained from the vote. Where are all the prosecutors in all of this, sleeping on the job?
Wildwood Crest - Patricia Romano of Wildwood was right on the money with her editorial "Wildwood on Verge of Becoming Parking Lot of Camden." In the same edition of the Herald, Mayor Troiano referred to the beach as "a barren waste of money." Maybe the mayor would like to concrete the beach and make Patricia's prediction a reality. Shame on you, Mr. Mayor, for not seeing the beauty and the potential of this beautiful beach. It is a good thing that you don't work for American Express or Kenny Chesney.
Wildwood Crest - In response to the spouter from North Wildwood: The employees with their fat pensions, 40 paid sick days, and medical benefits, work a 40-hour work week all year long. The expectation that you can survive 12 months on six months of work is arrogant. The math just does not work. If you are struggling to buy the necessities than you need to get a full time job.
Cold Spring - To the spouter who recently credited Obama with saving General Motors, please note: "The Treasury Department’s actions during the auto bailout caused 20,000 non-union workers from Delphi to lose most of their pensions. Delphi, a GM company, is one of the largest automotive parts manufacturers in the world. Its workers lost their pensions when the government bailed out GM. While those non-union Delphi workers lost nearly their entire pensions, United Auto Workers union members’ pensions were topped off and made whole." Obama didn't save GM, he saved the UAW. Our taxers paid for that. How nice.
Wildwood - Hey Commissioners of Wildwood, residents are fed up with your leadership, it's time for a recall.
Cape May - I can't understand why the city didn't have the foresight to order benches for the deck of the new convention center so they would be in place for the grand opening. Here we are a month and a half later and still no benches on the deck.
Erma - To the drunk who hit my dog and didn’t stop, around 3 a.m. Sun., July 8, southbound on Seashore Road in Erma, h is name was King, and he was my best friend for more than 13 years. He was a better dog than anyone could ever ask for, and he made friends with everyone he met. He had a long, happy life, and was always loved. He did not deserve to slowly die, crying in unimaginable pain, lying on the side of the road. You may have avoided a DWI, but in the end, we all must account for our actions.
Wildwood - The City of Wildwood Public Works has neglected to place down the beach walkways. The Public Works was run better in the past.
Wildwood Crest - Can anything be done to move the surf camp truck parked on Rambler and Ocean Ave.? It is an eyesore, it blocks my view of the ocean, and is a safety hazard for people standing on the corner. It is also taking up a metered spot. Please move it closer to the life guard station.
Stone Harbor - Mr Romney is right, there is no global warming. He promises to get rid of the EPA on his first day. Go Mitt., we don't need the EPA our corporations will police themselves. I am so glad to be a Republican flag waving NRA member.
North Wildwood - Stopped to buy a hot dog. Waiting at the curb was a hostess. She seated me at a table and gave me a menu. Then when I decided what kind, I had to wait in line to order, then another line to pickup. What’s next? Valet parking. I just wanted a dog with mustard.
Villas - Just wondering how many of the so-called threats, namely I will not be shopping there again, I’m going to sell my house, I’m going to move are actually carried out? Or are you just blowing smoke as usual?
Villas - So many bad things to say about WW. Why don’t you all move?
North Wildwood - What part of No Animals on Boardwalk sign do people not understand? It is absolutely disgusting walking on the sea wall with spot after spot of smeared dog excrement. Not only that but we have also recently seen piles of excrement up there. This is a beautiful place for all to enjoy. it is not a toilet zone for dogs. Laws are laws. Have consideration for others not just your pets.
Rio Grande - To the spouter that says "Wildwood is going to PUNK LAND with Punk rock bands and Young Hard Punk Rock Bands at Convention Center" in August bringing "drugs, gangs, and crime." Not only are you uneducated and misinformed, but whatever dateline episodes you've been watching have given you the wrong idea. If you knew anything about "punk rock" or "punk bands", you'd know that they are against drugs, alcohol, violence, and even promiscuity. It's close-minded people like you that make music criminalized in Cape May County.
Wildwood - Wildwood Police Sub-station located at 300 block East Glenwood Ave. activities, 1-overloading apartment 2 -underage drinking parties. 3 - baiting seagulls for target practice. Yes, they were using pieces of bread to bring the gulls to the ground on the church parking lot, and using plastic drinking to throw at the seagulls. This is some of the things that happen on this side of Wildwood.
North Cape May - President Obama said that he would not run for a second term if he could not turn things around in his first four years in office. Please keep your promise and step down.
SWAINTON - Isn't it time for Upper Township to have their own police force? Huge new shopping center, more banks per sq. mile than any other township in Cape May County. They also receive huge ratables from Strathmere yet can't afford a police force. Us non-residents of the township must support, with our tax dollars, State Police who could be better utilized. Local state politicians won't touch this.
Court House - Wake up, New Jersey residents, we are blessed with a great governor and now to reap the benefits of having a great governor we need to take back the Legislature and get rid of the dead beats like those worrying more about speeding tickets they get than the citizens they represent. New Jersey has the opportunity to return to greatness but only if we can have politicians who are strong enough to take on the special interest, the bloated state employees unions and the useless teachers union. Wake up and vote for effective change before it is too late.
Wildwood - When are the police going to close down the under-age drinking party all night absentee landlord houses on the east side of St. Ann Church? The mayor and chief of police must be aware of these smaller houses activities already. When are the owners/realtor going to be held accountable for their negligence? Our property values are going to the dong hill in this area of town. The family tourists see these activities, I am sure that some of the parents must wonder where are the police officers that patrol this area of town.
Stone Harbor - Thru all the discussions on the library some forgot who was in charge of the library project in SH. Recall, the mayor told everyone she was in charge of the project. Want to know who wouldn't listen? You guessed it. Further she hardballed it when the voters asked to put the location to a ballot. Isn't it time for accountability? Weak mayor that took charge when it should have been a council committee. You can blame the council, but recall who took charge of the project.
Stone Harbor - To the spouter blaming Rich/Lane, let's get the facts straight. The location committee gave everyone the chance to have their say. You had your chance, you submitted your petition and it got rejected for the same reason their’s did. You had your say, that's more than we had with the old council and mayor in charge of the project. Time for you to move on.
Lower Township – Oh no, it is not even mid-July and my tourist cranky has kicked in. In a store parking lot, Canadians using four spaces for one vehicle, another using two. In the store, standing and walking in group, say excuse me four times, nothing. Then the handicapped woman on her motorized shopping cart, stopped smack in the middle of an isle, say excuse me two times, nothing, can't get around her, what is she doing? Chit chat on her cell, did I bump her going around, yes, gently, did I have a choice, no. Peeps think of others.
Wildwood - For all of the people who complain about the crime, parking problems, taxes etc in Wildwood, instead of crying here, why don’t you start attending council meetings. Have your compliants heard by the mayor and commissioners. As citizens, maybe come up with some ideas (neighborhood watch etc.). It takes all the people to make changes, the police and mayor can't do it by themselves. Get involved.
Shawcrest - What makes me angry more than anything about the way the county hands out jobs to these political hacks in Lower Township - and other towns too - is the fact that we have 16 percent unemployment in the county. It just isn't fair to have a special class of people who get prime jobs they wouldn't otherwise even be considered for.
North Wildwood - In Ocean City, the curbs are painted yellow for 30 feet and one has a clear site on traffic both ways. Yes it takes up a parking spot or two but it definately keeps accidents from obstructed views to a minimum. The City of North Wildwood should learn from ocean city and do the same on all corners in North Wildwood. The redesign of Surf Ave. is very dangerous. It will get the city sued. You can throw away the extra meter money made with the extra parking spots gained with the new design.
North Wildwood - I lived on 20th Street for many years and see more city employees today than I did 20 years ago. Explain to me why the city employees in the bright lime green shirts do not pick up the trash under the boardwalk ramp? Many visitors pass this location all summer long and yet nobody ever thinks of cleaning this area up. Who is the head of the Sanitation Department?
Wildwood - Gas price gouging surely appears to be the mainstream with all the gas stations along Route 47 from Wildwood to Route 9. The gas prices in Wildwood are 20 cents more per gallon than what I pay in Camden County. The price per gallon in Wildwood is what is charged in the Philadelphia areas. If anyone feels the same way as I do, then contact the New Jersey Consumer Affairs Department at 1-800-242-5846.
Wildwood - In response to the spouter who wants to rescue the seniors: For your info we know how to vote, we want a President who wants to stop the free ride you people are on and stop you from taking our money to support your way of life, which is always looking for a hand out. Give us all a break and get a job.
Avalon - Do you like baloney? If you do, you'll love what the Republican party is trying to feed you about the health insurance mandate feature of the Affordable Care Act imposing the biggest tax increase on the middle class in the history of the U.S. Under Romney's health care mandate in Massachusetts, fewer than 1 percent of the population chose to pay a penalty/tax rather than purchase insurance. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects that 1.2 percent of Americans will pay the ACA penalty/tax. Perhaps more importantly, under our current health care system, if you, like me, have health insurance, you (and I) are paying for those who don't. Our premiums are higher and we pay more for services because someone has to pay for the health care for those who have no insurance. I find it hard to believe that you would rather pay for someone else's health care than have them pay for it themselves. However, if you don't mind doing that, then I guess you should oppose the ACA.
Stone Harbor - Can somebody tell me why certain merchants on 96th St. are permitted to stay open until 11 p.m. when the rest close at 10:00 pm? All this does is provide a playground for loud and unruly behavior. There are no customers in these store but the older kids gather around out front just because they are open. Nobody needs a tatoo or an ice cream cone at this hour. Most stores are open 12 hours a day. That gives the visitors ample shopping time. We don't need 96th St looking like the Wildwood boardwalk after 10:00 pm.
Wildwood Crest - I found the article "Donate Towards Your Future & Theirs" to be quite impressive. The "tin man" really got me thinking with the economy the way it is and unable to fear of not being able to send my kids to college. ACE should be a front page article in your newspaper as well as newspapers across the USA. I would like to thank the person who started this organization by showing my support for this great cause and helping to raise funds. Parents across the nation should stand behind this person. I believe probably a mom.
West Wildwood - To the resident who can't stop crying: Please get your facts straight and stop exaggerating. It did not cost the taxpayers any money. If you really want the truth, ask. If you are a senior citizen taking care of your mother I am sure there is an agencey out there willing to help out two older women.
West Wildwood - The festival didn't cost the public any money. Why can't the unhappy people be happy for the people who know the festival is for the island. It was never a political event. Why do a few try so hard to make it one?
Villas - I feel really bad for the mothers and fathers that bring their children to Millman Field Playground. The group of teenagers that have taken over are potty-mouthed and rude with no respect. The teen girls are worse than the boys screaming obscenities constantly. I also feel bad for the residents that can’t even sit outside without enduring this horrible behavior. I would hope that this gets some attention and that the police put an end to this soon.
West Wildwood - There are only about two dozen Spout Offs in the July 11 Herald. What the heck is wrong with you people? Are you restricting our First Amendment rights?
(ED. NOTE: Does it look like we’re restricting any today?)
Stone Harbor - As a PSU grad I am not surprised at the former FBI directors report concerning the misconduct of Paterno and three of his cronies. I think the Federal Government needs to take over the school and get some real college staff and teachers there and ban football until it is manageable. Right now, it will probably be business as usual with cherry picked successors and PSU primarily be in existence as a football team. I only continued for my BS as I was on scholarship. It was not until I went for my doctorate at NYU did I feel academically challenged, but cared for.
Sea Isle City - What is going on in this town? First, the police want to write tickets to people who have a parking permit, then pizza delivery guys need beach tags to deliver to the beach, and now Bubba Dogs can't fly his flags after 11 years. What's next?
North Wildwood - Marina Bay is at it again making us seniors live like second-class citizens. Washers and dryers are broken on numerous floors, lights are out in the elevators and halls, TV stations have been out for weeks. How does the city let them get away with this?
North Wildwood - Have a great summer.
North Wildwood – I’ve submitted several rants regarding the abuse of the rules by tenants at Marina Bay Towers. My spout offs were never posted. Finally in the latest edition another voice echoed my outrage. It’s a slap in the face to see "full time" tenants unload their cars and begin their summer vacation in Wildwood. Where is the management that allows these rich folks a subsidized summer home? Lets crack down on these frauds.
Sea Isle City - Since this town suddenly seems concerned with enforcing laws and doing the right thing, how about they start looking into the actions of the top officials?
Avalon - In response to the spouter from Avalon: Avalon spans from the Townsend's Inlet Bridge to 80th street, north to south and the Atlantic Ocean to the bay, east to west. The Avalon Police Department can be located at 3000 Dune Drive. They would be more than happy to provide you a list of borough ordinances that pertain to beach tags, ball playing, and lifeguard directions. The free coastal waters of New Jersey (specifically Cape May County) begin in North Wildwood and stretch south to Wildwood Crest.
Wildwood - Does Wildwood have a neighborhood watch group? If it does, when is it going to come to the St. Ann church area east of Atlantic Ave. to see all of the underage drinking and overloading of guests that occur almost every night? There are a few property owners that don't care what goes on in these buildings.. Lets get to the bottom of this soon . Mayor , what are you going to do about it ?
Stone Harbor - This has been the least relaxing vacation we have ever had here. It is like the set of Jersey Shore: police careening all over the beaches in SUVs, and sirens day and night. In addition, the SHBP has created a Police State on the beaches whereby any citizen who disagrees with a lifeguard or tag checker is surrounded by police, handcuffed and arrested. In addition, the guards will not allow anyone to go into the water past their waists even on days where there clearly are no large waves, undertow or rip currents, this, in turn, creates a public health hazard since it forces people of all ability levels to swim when guards are not present. These "authorities" are representing Stone Harbor, and not doing it well. The Police and SHBP would do better by employing interpersonal skills and de-escalation techniques to solve the mostly petty problems they encounter everyday.
Stone Harbor - When I was growing up here the lifeguards were a part of our community. They taught the kids how to ride waves and be safe in the ocean, exemplified physical fitness by running drills and exercising on the beach and connected with residents of all ages. Now, it seems as if their goal is to negate the need to step off the stand so that they can listen to their music and talk to pretty girls. People are merely allowed to wade in the ocean, not swim in it. They have no interest in getting to know anyone on the beaches they guard; in fact they spurn any attempt at communication with residents. Their M.O. is to sit upon their perches and incessantly blow their whistles at the people who are obviously ruining their days by coming to the beach.

Middle Township - Middle Township High School is more concerned about sports than academics. There is never enough money for academics and academic supplies but money is no object when it comes to sports and coaches. Teacher morale could not be lower because they have to inflate grades to avoid being harassed about low test and marking period scores. The school never holds the students accountable for their own academic performance. Any parent thinking about sending their children there should reconsider.
Stone Harbor - On Tuesday, July 3, the Stone Harbor Borough Council voted to have the new library constructed on 2nd Ave., rather than the beach front at 95th Street. By this courageous vote, which was supported by the tireless work of the Committee to Rescue Area Potties (:: bologna ::), our cherished and beloved beach front potties are now safe from being replaced by something as mundane as a library. Thank you, Borough Council, for giving Stone Harbor the leadership the people so RICH-ly deserve.

Wildwood - Welcome to Fantasy Land and the one trick pony show and the smoke and mirrors illusion. That is what is being done at City Hall in Wildwood. The only truth is the city is Camden by the sea.
Court House - Mr. Thornton, you and the "old boys" may have made up, but it was our money that was frittered away. We thought you were part of the solution and we have been sold out.
Wildwood - Every summer dozens of foreign students come to town to work. They have an orientation session. Someone please teach them the rules of the road for bikes. They come out of one way streets the wrong way, therefore no stop sign, so no stop. They ride in clusters on sidewalk and expect walkers to get out of their way. Ride across the street any where they get the urge. Cut thru parking lots at high rate of speed, don't understand how they leave here in one piece. Should be if you don't know the rules don't ride a bike.
Cape May County - Who the heck came up with the Wildwood Catholic reading list. I just finished Stephen King's "11/22/63" . Believe me, nobody will be talking about this book 5 years from now, let alone 100. The language is atrocious . The "F-bomb" is on almost every page (there are 850), plus the "S-bomb" the "C word" , plus every other profane term you can think of ...Including "CS" and "MF". Not to mention the premarital sex and birth control. Who came up with this selection? Did they read it? Is this the language that we want students to be using?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Spout Off - The PRINTED EDITION All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: