Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Free Lunch, $9.95 Cable and $149.00 Computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Free Lunch, $9.95 Cable and $149.00 Computer Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What a deal! Only problem is, the schools never check to verify that those that sign up for free lunch really qualify.

"Simonsen said Comcast has an Internet Essentials program which offered any household that had a child receiving a free lunch the opportunity to have Internet service for $9.95 per month and purchase a computer for $149.99"

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/government/villas/84265-lower+signing+15year+agreement+comcast
john

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Lunch, $9.95 Cable and $149.00 Computer Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Shotzi21 wrote:
What a deal! Only problem is, the schools never check to verify that those that sign up for free lunch really qualify.

"Simonsen said Comcast has an Internet Essentials program which offered any household that had a child receiving a free lunch the opportunity to have Internet service for $9.95 per month and purchase a computer for $149.99"

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/government/villas/84265-lower+signing+15year+agreement+comcast

If I read this article correctly , it gives Comcast the sole franchise for this service in Lower Township . Anyone who would eliminate competition for a measly $100k and a meager 2% rebate ( on what ?) is cheating the public . Fios offers a better deal for the consumer and Comcast will gouge the public and make the $100K back in a month . But , what else would you expect from the incompetent Township manager ? Nice work , Mr. Voll .
spazcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

no, no, no! 'cuda assures me that our elected representatives will always make the choice that saves taxpayers the most money. what could have gone wrong??? exactly what will go wrong when you contract out township services instead of having township employees whose paychecks are dependent on said township. as shotzi just pointed out you get: one time savings...one time then bend over cause here it comes. enjoy! Shocked
barracuda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Spaz........You're off the mark here. No elected officials negotiated this contract; but Simonsen (VP @ Teileman) and Kobick (Curriculum Director at the H.S.) did.

So, when you form a cable TV negotiating committee comprised of school officials....do you really think their focus is on the taxpayers/cable users?

I see the schools made out great.......the cable company made out great and gets a "locked in contract" for 15 yrs. and the cable users who pay for all this got????
The bill....
Scorpion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spaz never tires being wrong. Very Happy He's probably thinking how it's done in PA, where he lives, votes, and happily pays his taxes.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
john

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:
Spaz........You're off the mark here. No elected officials negotiated this contract; but Simonsen (VP @ Teileman) and Kobick (Curriculum Director at the H.S.) did.

So, when you form a cable TV negotiating committee comprised of school officials....do you really think their focus is on the taxpayers/cable users?

I see the schools made out great.......the cable company made out great and gets a "locked in contract" for 15 yrs. and the cable users who pay for all this got????
The bill....

You are correct , no elected official negotiated this outrageous deal . The "appointed" Township manager , Michael Voll ( Vole) is taking all the credit . Shame on him for giving away the whole store for 15 years . Why would a Township manager saddle his fellow citizens with such an onerous and costly bad deal ? Maybe you fine people should be asking your elected officials . I'm sure glad we chased him out of Middle Twp .
spazcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i do however tire of you being wrong. how about getting a clue...i'll have "knowing what i'm talking about for $200 alex". so it wasn't the elected officials it was (how convenient) the "appointed" official. who appointed him? glad i could clear that up for you. is anyone supposed to believe mr. voll's paymasters had no inkling of this chicanery? please pull the other one! how do you get through a day being that naive. sheesh!!! Rolling Eyes
LSMFT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Doesn't the article say that the council is voting on the approval of the deal? Aren't the council elected officials? Just asking?
spazcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

not according to mr. and mrs. wrongway ('cuda and scorp). Shocked
Abaddon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

An Internet Essentials program seems noble for any corporation wanting to support education ( and looking for a HUGE tax break)....Here is my fairness Question...I Have a set top box (roku).I can stream live TV-Movies-You Tube Videos and Music,for the amazing low price of $50.00 worth of Comcast bandwidth per month.I Dropped HD and "on demand" ,because it was getting out of hand with pricing ,and am now getting Basic Cable + Internet.....Sooooo....How Much money do i have to make ,to not afford cable and internet???? Twisted Evil
cobra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Hereeee's Johnny! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Abby,
All along I thought you sat in your room writing on looseleaf over and over again "All work and no play makes Jack a Dull Boy."" I assume you get the reference...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: