Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Print Spout Offs 2.22.12

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Spout Off - The PRINTED EDITION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoutoff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Print Spout Offs 2.22.12 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Dias Creek - Thank you to Marion Howard and her group at the Villas V.F.W. for the flowers, teddy, and kind words. The volunteers there work endlessly to make sure every Sunday, event, and holiday are special for us all. It offers some of the best music, food, and the nicest people that can be found anywhere! Thank you for all you do for us, it is appreciated. On behalf of all the VFW family.
Wildwood - Do you want to know about the stranded dolphins? The ocean currents are changing. The fact is true about the Greenland ice cap; look at the facts: it is colder and snowing in places it never did before in Africa and other places. Dolphins are smart and got confused with the change of currents, so the the end is near.
North Wildwood - Are you kidding? North Wildwood is a Giants town. Most of the people who live in North Wildwood are from Philly. Wake up!
Wildwood - A vote for Obama is a vote against the Constitution of the United States.
Cape May - Thanks to the restaurant owners who opened on Valentine's Day so that we locals could have a nice dinner out. Maybe next year some of your competition will think of us also.
West Wildwood - If the woman with the handicap space feels she deserves the space and claims she is a resident most of the year, then why doesn't she have New Jersey tags? If she wants the benefit of the space, then pay N.J. for your car registration, not Pa. I thought if you lived in N.J. for more than six months - which she said she does - you had to have N.J. tags? Also, you have a driveway you can park in.
Stone Harbor - Bravo to the owners and residents of Stone Harbor for rejecting a Stone Harbor library. It has been written that the best library in New Jersey is in Avalon and all 300 of us Stone Harbor winter residents use it and love it. It's free, and only two miles away.
Villas - I agree big time about the massive dog waste on the North Wildwood Seawall. My wife and I love walking there, and each time we're there, there's more and more dog waste. Can't something be done?
Court House - Mitt Romney will be remembered to Republicans as John Kerry is to the Democrats.
Court House - Unused sick and unused vacation time: use it or lose it. Also, part-time jobs (i.e. freeholders, mayors, committeemen) should not be getting pension or insurance retirement. We should not be passing that expense on to our children and grandchildren.
Villas - I also live in Villas, to the person that is complaining, enough is enough; the fire horns are in the fire truck only. The fire siren alerts the firefighter that there is a fire. No one knows when a fire or major accident will happen. It could happen at day or even late at night. If it bothers you so much, wear ear plugs. Each time I hear the siren, I say a prayer to make sure everyone is Ok. You should be proud of the fire fighters and police and EMTs. They put their life on the line each and every day. So stopped the complaining the next time the sirens goes off, and say a prayer.
Wildwood - As far as I'm concerned, President Obama, Senator Reed, and Nancy Pelosi should all be in jail for harboring criminals - 15 million of them.
Lower Township - Parishioners, neighbors and visitors of St. John of God Church on Townbank Road can park in front of the church at any time. This is the safest place in all of Lower Township to park a car. This is a residential II district. People in residential districts have the same rights other people in their respective districts have. You will not be ticketed, despite the "No Parking" signs. The signs are in violation of the residential site improvement standard as defined in the NJ Administrative Code, Title 5, Chapter 21.
Dennisville - They need to fill the pothole on Dennisville-Courthouse Road driving onto Gravel Hole Road. There's a big pothole there. When are they going to pick up the leaves in Dennis Township? There are big piles all over the township.
York, Pa. - Time is on my side.
(ED. NOTE: How do you know?)
Court House - I support and love to see the Girl Scouts around town. They are working hard towards the goal. However, I have to say it really bothered me to see a troop outside of the liquor store in Rio Grande on Super Bowl day. I thought it was disrespectful to the Girl Scouts. I have since found out this is not allowed by the state council. Shame on the leader, who used a day you knew of huge alcohol consumption as a means to parade your little girls with cookies in front of a liquor store and worse, dancing on the beams!
Ocean City - What do Gravina Island and Cape May County have in common ? Google it.
Wildwood - I think it is great that the Convention Center brings in tourism for the city during the winter months; however, I was disappointed to see that the dog owners did not treat our city with respect last week. I went for my usual Saturday morning run on the boardwalk only to find mounds of dog poo everywhere!
North Wildwood - The Middle Township Spouter can come to the island and take back all the missing Middle Township rabbits. They seem to have relocated over here. At night, you will see hundreds of them scurrying about the neighborhoods.
Villas - Black History Month? Is there a White History Month? No! I am glad Lower Township Public Schools celebrate February with patriotism. The children not only learn about MLK, but they also learn about Abraham Lincoln and George Washington, as their birthdays are both in February.
Court House - With so many pit bulls being killed at animal shelters throughout the United States, there can be no breeding of pit bulls.
Avalon - Yes, Mitt Romney feels my pain and the pain of my fellow 99 percenters. He can empathize with us: He made, by his own admission, only a "little bit" of money from his speaking fees, over $300,000. If you're a 99 percenter who thinks that Romney's on our side, I have a bridge to sell you. Of course, I've already sold it to the supporters of Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin and Rick Perry. But I'm sure I can sell it to you, too.
Villas - I want to thank the person/persons who stole the copper tubing in my home. Hopefully the police will catch up to them soon. Nothing worse than not having running water or heat. Neighbors, start keeping an eye and/or ear out for these people during the night or your house maybe next.
Lower Township - To the Spouter from Scotsdale, Ariz. I may be willing to "get with it" if I could ascertain from your missive just what "it" is!
Court House - Everyone please check your telephone bill for third party charges - they have slammed me for charges I did not authorize. Call your provider and have all third party billing blocked from your bill and then call the third party biller and get the charges reversed. I cannot believe I did not catch this earlier; hopefully I have now taken care of it and can share this information and help someone else.
West Wildwood - To the family that resides in West Wildwood and are concerned for their mother who has "cancer" and needs a handicapped parking space - shame on you! How dare you lie and use cancer as an excuse; not once, but twice you lied and said, "you have cancer in your family." I feel so insulted that you could stoop so low, and lie and use cancer for a parking spot. I hope that you never have to go through the pain that many people have suffered through.
Lower Township - The Spouter who tried to shame the Executive Committee of the LTES Teacher Association for finally acting like a real union has the facts wrong. The LTEA willingly gave concessions in the last bargaining session; they helped keep taxes down. The Spouter uses the same threatening tone which was used by the Administration - this led to the Public Employee Relations Commission complaint. Threats must be taken seriously. We can't let bullies win! Bullies don't belong in schools!
Cape May - The Spouter who stated that Giants fans shouldn't wear their team in Cape May because Cape May is "Eagle Country" needs to grow up! It's a free country and we can support whatever team we want! As a Giants fan, I proudly wear my team any where I go! Maybe if the Eagles fans weren't so stuck up and cocky, they would be able to accept the fact that their team did not win or get even close to making the Super Bowl this year. Good sportsmanship happens on and off the field. I wish you all the best, and hope one day you can grow up and act like an adult!
Court House - Concerned citizens - parents, health care workers, small business owners, farmers etc. - who care about what's in the food we eat. Just Label It campaign was formed when the Center for Food Safety filed a petition with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to require the labeling of all foods produced using genetic engineering. GMO foods should be labeled so we know what we are eating. Please tell the FDA to "Just Label It." Please sign on at www.JustLabelIt.org/takeaction.
Rio Grande - How come all the celebrities that pass away get all kinds of recognition on the news and TV, but a fire fighter/EMT/police or even a soldier doesn't get recognized? Something needs to change and some credit needs to be given to those who actually help save people and fight for our country!
North Wildwood - Thank you, North Wildwood, for a great job at Second and JFK.
Lower Township - Why can't we get the bump on Fulling Mill Road fixed? It's been that way for a couple of years. I've seen people go into the on-coming lane to avoid it and I've seen people slow down to 15 miles per hour to go over it. Why don't they just fix it before someone gets killed trying to avoid it.
Cape May - I agree with the Spouter who wants Cape May to focus on handicapped parking instead of smoking. I know people who use outdated or other peoples’ handicap parking placards.
Avalon/Court House - Under what Constitutional authority is the government claiming that it has the power to force private companies to provide an insurance benefit? This is not a workplace safety issue, not that the government has a role there either, but at least it’s arguable. No, here there is no Constitutional justification. The Obama smoke and mirrors team really believe women are so stupid they will think this is a women's issue, as they are touting, and follow him blindly. Many did that in '08. Never again!
Philadelphia/North Cape May - Well, here we are 12 years later; this week my best friend died of ovarian cancer. "Stem cells have the potential to cure hundreds of millions of people suffering from such diseases as type 1 diabetes, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, leukemia, paralysis, arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and sports injuries." Thank you, George W. Bush - for nothing.
Dennis Township - Neighborhood Watch will still contact the State Police when your "bored" kids ride the streets on ATVs and dirt-bikes, and township and state officials will still be notified of private property nuisance issues (noise, dust, safety) that will inevitably be addressed in our municipal court. This is how it works in all other townships and municipalities in Cape May County and elsewhere throughout New Jersey. By the way, were "bored" kids responsible for tearing up the rec-center soccer fields and endangering trick-or-treaters this past Halloween night?
Clermont - On Oct. 3, 2011, Lower Township passed an ordinance prohibiting smoke from outdoor wood burning stoves from entering homes of adjoining properties. Township officials or the homeowners themselves can file complaints in municipal court. A judge then renders a decision. Why is this ordinance process not being used in Dennis Township to address dust and fumes from ATVs which cross property lines and likewise enters homes, cars and swimming pools? No one has a "property right" to engage in any activity that pollutes another person's home or endangers the health of it's inhabitants.
North Cape May - In reference to February 8 article, the Cox Hall Creek Project. We like the ideal of reducing the mosquito problem and improving the environment. We have one question. When they shut down that pump near the "S" Curve, what will that do for the home owners on Roseann Avenue and the other surrounding blocks in the area when heavy rains come and street flooding becomes even a bigger problem?

Wildwood Crest - Crest taxpayers, get in touch with School Board people. Now that that superintendent is retiring, it is a good, fiscal opportunity to end the Crest relationship with Wildwood. It has cost the Crest thousands, since we got only a part time superintendent, and then had to go out and hire a principal at Crest Memorial, costing us thousands more. For such a small school, who needs both a superintendent, plus a principal?
Dennis Township - Can the Herald find out why the School Board president resigned? How much of a raise did the teachers get in their new contract? How many lawsuits are pending against the School Board? What the heck is going on over there? There's four open seats in April and I'm hoping for four new members.
Wildwood - What's the deal with the Cirelli beach tax? The city is looking into it until beach tags come out.
Stone Harbor - Who does the Turnpike Authority think they are, anyway? They apparently are out of control and running amok. They need to be held accountable for the damage that has been done to our county by their arrogance.
Dennisville - A referendum to increase property taxes in Dennis Township is now in the works to correct years of fiscal mismanagement by former Mayor Murphy and his ousted Democrats. Ratables are one solution to generate township funds, but new ratables are almost non-existent here. Preservation of current property values is now more important than ever, and it is time to enact appropriate ordinances and protections that ensure financial stability for all Dennis Township homeowners and taxpayers. The "wild west" residential communities enabled by Murphy and crew will soon hit everyone in the pocketbook.
North Wildwood - Just left the North Wildwood Zoning Board hearing for approval of a Wawa to be built on land zoned residential: Unanimously approved in exchange for paving one block of Walnut Avenue. What a bargain! With board members like this, North Wildwood can only get worse by the day. Now our gateway into the city can be just as dirty as Wildwood's. Why did I move here?
Ocean View - Hey, Committeemen Murphy and DiCicco, you sure do ignore a lot of stuff. You both have ignored professional advice from the State Police and legal opinions from two township attorneys to implement police power ordinances to control nuisance ATVs. Why? Now residents just learned that you both ignored the repeated recommendations of our municipal auditor to not "double spend" municipal funds in conjunction with school tax obligations. This "smoke and mirrors" approach has now put us on the brink of a referendum and a large tax increase that will be on the books forever. Again, the question is why?
North Wildwood - At the zoning board hearing this week, Wawa was allowed to talk for three and a half hours without interruption. Then the board chairman stated that the public was limited to talk for five minutes. That's real fair? Of course why I bothered to sit through a five hour meeting for an already done deal was stupid of me. I ask the Zoning Board, is Wawa going to effect your life? No, but it will ruin my home life and property value.
Dennis Township - I attended a very interesting township budget meeting recently. The committee and auditor went through the reasons why we are in such bad shape. As a tax paying homeowner, I will say that the committee better be sure that they carefully examine each department before they approach us asking for an increase. Kudos to the township employee who had the guts to speak up. Your actions are commendable.

South Seaville - A Spouter from Fishing Creek advises real estate investors to buy a "haven" at the shore, which are in great abundance everywhere in Cape May County. Everywhere, that is, but in Dennis Township, where ATVs are roaring, taxes will soon be soaring, and our political leaders keep ignoring. People are being driven out of their homes in Dennis seeking "havens" in other municipalities where peaceful enjoyment of one's property is paramount. It is ludicrous to now pay higher taxes to reside in communities that are unlivable due to noise, dust pollution and compromised safety. Vote no on tax referendum!
Wildwood - I would like to commend the Wildwood Public Works (sarcasm) for the fine work they do. It is now mid-February they still have not retrieved the beach boards that run from the boardwalk down to the water on both Maple and Schellenger Avenues that floated under the boardwalk during the August hurricane. It looks like garbage under the boardwalk with those boards and the trash that's never picked up under there; talk about a first impression. I'm glad our taxes are low (sarcasm, again)!
North Wildwood - Does anyone know why the Police Chief recently purchased 14 Army trucks?
Dennis Township - To the whistle-blower recreation employee at the township budget meeting, we got your back in South Dennis. You received applause at this meeting because you merely stated what many township residents already know regarding the governmental dysfunction that exists as carry-over baggage from the Murphy administration. Public scrutiny will keep your job safe. Keep firing away.
Dennisville - All we hear is about the poor Public Works guys. Well, guess what, people, these "poor guys" make about $40k per year plus $15 to $25k in benefits. Not bad for a job where you only actually work three out of eight hours. Now if they worked a full day, they wouldn't hear a peep out of me, but until that happens I'll be chirping loudly. Make them earn it.
Villas - Here we go again about the Lower Township code officer, mainly for the Villas area. Isn't it so obvious with all the complains and phone calls to the township about him nothing will happen? The Villas is a code violation all in itself. It's gone unaddressed for so long it would take a ton of people to get it back in shape. From the Villas Outsider!
Cape May Beach - Few people are aware that Chicago's two most prominent citizens shared similar backgrounds as "community organizers;" Obama and Capone.
Wildwood - My friends and family will not come to Wildwood if there are beach bars; families will not come with more drunks on the beach. Plus, I am a restaurant owner and I will not obey the new trash laws Wildwood is going to force on everyone. For example, I have 35 95 gallon trash cans for my trash; I will not pay more and I am considering to close my business after 20 years; I cannot pay any more. Wildwood is turning into a drunk and drug town.
Fox Chase - What's up with My Lady Warriors for the last few years? I can't believe they're losing so much. When we were at Wildwood High in the late 90s, the girls basketball team was the team to beat. Who are the new coaches? Good luck for the rest of the season.
Dennisville - To the person who thinks the Board of Education is not doing their job, why don,t you come to a board meeting and show your face, voice your opinion; they welcome the public. If you think they have things such a mess, maybe you should run for a board seat; it's not as easy as you think. The mess you're referring to was made years ago, this board is trying to clean it up. Sit back and shut up, or show up. Rome was not built in a day.
West Wildwood - Is there an ordinance concerning "barking dogs," or does the West Wildwood Police Department allow "howling" dogs only?
Fishing Creek - To all politicians and business people- please do whatever you can to bring decent jobs to Cape May County. How 'bout it, DRBA? We can't all sell T-shirts and pizza to each other.
Stone Harbor - You can't blame the councilman from Lower for taking a cake job with the county when the blame lies squarely with the Freeholders who hired him. It might be a new day, but it's the same old political patronage. We expected better.
Wildwood - Who is in charge of the Wildwood Beach Patrol? The website is down and I need job info for my tenants.
Cape May - Mr. Mayor - ask that guy who never guarded where all the sponsorship money went from the lifeguard championships. That sponsor isn't coming back.
Sea Isle City - I am surprised more people have not questioned the water in Sea Isle City. If you go away for a few days, when you return you find the toilet bowls ringed in black. What's the problem with the water? . But now we supposedly have an experienced, on the job trained business administrator. we are worse off; is this condition healthful for the citizens?
York, PA - I've haven't seen any white smoke in town, so I'll assume nothing changes.
Avalon - Avalon has an ordinance that states all construction dumpsters must be covered by a tarp after hours so trash doesn't blow out of them. That's what the ordinance says; however, it's not enforced. We have three dumpsters on our street and trash all over the place that blows out of those dumpsters. Half of the dumpsters on the island are not covered. With one construction company, none of them are ever covered. Wonder why that's not being enforced?
Wildwood - To the City of Wildwood Fireman that's always in the City Clerk's office talking to a female employee: Get back to work. That's what taxpayers are paying you for!
Lower Township - Lower Township Police Department issued its 2011 Incident Report: 47 drug possession arrests. Are you kidding me? There's a heroin and prescription drug epidemic in this country and they only put up 47 drug possession arrests? This is a disgrace. The taxpayers are being fleeced. Maybe they're in on it.
Wildwood - It takes 35 minutes to rob a house (air conditioning compressor). It takes 33 miles per hour to get a ticket. Maybe our priorities aren't right when we come on this island.
Cape May - Self appointed Cape May historian, Ben Miller's letter to the editor in last week's issue is interesting, if not just plain ridiculous. He lists Cape May but he doesn't live in Cape May. He lives in Nazareth, PA. He is misinformed on at least four of his five points. Get the facts, Ben, before slamming the city and its leaders.
Erma - You have to get permission to go to the bathroom in Lower.
Avalon - After Obama's latest attempt at a political power grab through another dictatorial mandate, we all need to support: Respect for Rights of Conscience Act http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-1179 and http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-1467
Stone Harbor - Why doesn't the Turnpike Authority have a representative from South Jersey? Maybe if we have had a voice, the damage that has been done could have been avoided.
Lower Township - Lower Town's Zoning inspectors must be blind! There's been a puppy mill running out of a residential house for a year now. Dogs in and out.
Dennis Township - Perhaps our township could save some money by not reimbursing retiring township employees for unused sick days. Also, is the "double-dipping" of pensions being looked into? Last week's Spouter was correct about the Public Works Department. Those guys spent an awful lot of time at the Dennisville Wawa. All the trash truck drivers return to the yard between 1-1:30 where they hang around until 3 - and get paid!
Wildwood - Ernie Troiano, what's the plan for 2012 season? Wildwood is the only NJ shore town I know off with sinking property values. How do we bring the town to be prosperous? Any ideas?
North Cape May - In response to the Spouter of 2/15 who was so self-righteously critical of the Executive Committee of the LTEA, from whom did you get your information? Meetings are confidential, but someone with an agenda obviously shared with you. The venomous tone of your Spout Off makes it possible to guess who that might be. I am not on the Executive Committee, never have been, nor am I a minion. Love that word, by the way, but you are using it to describe the wrong people. There are always two sides to every story and I feel confident in saying the truth was not spoken in that Spout Off.
North Cape May - The Spouter from North Cape May that complained about the person that was annoyed at the Public Works Department for picking up the leaves two weeks late must be a township worker (and I use the word, worker, loosely). Not only was the township late in picking up the leaves, they also did the work on Saturday and Sunday - my tax dollars at work on overtime! It's a disgrace!
Cape May - Speaking of smoking in Cape May, the mayor must be smoking something if he thinks Convention Hall will be completed by May 12th for the high school prom.
Dennis Township - Holy cow, I actually saw public works employees wearing their safety vests while picking up trash. Is the new regime finally starting to crack down on these guys? Don't stop, keep it up. There is still plenty left to do, but this is a step in the right direction.
Del Haven - To the code enforcement officer of Middle Township. I can't believe that you said they're are no violations on the property at Bayshore Road. It's a fire hazard and accident waiting to happen! How can you honestly say that a falling down fence filled with junk is okay? A three-story building filed from ceiling to floor with junk is okay, and what they can't squeeze into the building they pile up and around the building. Maybe you should look again?
Tuckahoe/Upper Township - The Board of Education spent thousands of dollars fighting a family that went to Upper schools for six weeks before they settled on their house. They didn't settle on the house until July, but they moved to New Jersey in May. It sure sounds like the school district persecuted them . Why would they follow the kids home from school? My kids have gone to school for six years there and no one has ever followed them home. I think the School Board should apologize to the family who had to spend 8,000 dollars for their lawyer.
Wildwood - The strobe light that's shining in our windows every night is a new light on top of the WCMC building. Tried to call there and no answer. WCMC, have some consideration for your neighbors and change back to the red light you always had. Very annoying.
Wildwood - What we the taxpayers need is someone to step-up and clean house; 17 paid firemen, please! 170 full-time city employees. Wildwood is an employment agency! A Public Works Department that's an embarrassment, with absolutely no supervision or accountability!
Stone Harbor - Guess what, all of these Spout Offs about the two new council persons have missed one major point; they were elected by a two-to-one majority over the losers by the Stone Harbor electorate. Rich-340, Lane-318, Cope-167 and Lisenring-162. Why, because the electorate feels they are the persons that can be better council persons and perform better than the losers. Period.
Lower Township - Dear Editor, Last week I Spouted about doing spell checks before submitting a Spout Off. While the Spout Off was printed, it was not printed as I wrote it. I don't understand why you would take the time to change my submission by fixing the spelling, but not fix the spelling of all the other posts? I enjoy the Spout Off section, but there are so many omissions and edits week to week, it reminds me of the government. My post made it's point, but not the way I had intended. Free speech.
North Wildwood - Editor: Again, how do I view the property transfer charts that are no longer available? When I click on the option under Real Estate transfer charts, Weichert realty shows up with classifieds. Editors Note; click on Real Estate and look to the far right side of the page . ***
Stone Harbor - Let me get this straight. The County wants to build a state of the art library for six million or more, but the elitist on council want to build their own. We have been paying millions to the library system for years and now that we can take advantage of these taxes, they want to build their own library and have more tax burden. Seems like the council is out of touch and it is time for some changes. We want it on the beach, but let's see if the new councilperson has the guts to admit she was wrong and just wanted to make an issue for her to get her old job back.
Wildwood - Mr. Mayor, please tell us the merchants who are reaping the profits because of the events? Mercantile licenses off island are $75, here about 10 times that. Why not a user fee, as you are so eager to put in place for the beach? Let event attendees pay an extra dollar a ticket. Now all merchants are being taxed an additional amount instead? How is it the hardware and furniture stores profit from events? Or insurance brokers? And how are 10 more police on the boardwalk a "promotion" of events? Somehow your thinking does not follow reason.
Lower Township - Well, , Councilman Douglass, your conscience is finally getting to you! You're a decent Christian and you see the lies and the cover ups and the outright wrong being done to the taxpayers who put their trust in you when you put your hand on the Bible. Let's keep going; stand with Mayor Beck and rid this township of the other three who are only out for themselves and their friends, who intend to bleed the taxpayer to line their pockets. Remember, we are all watching and waiting for you to do the right thing. You will feel better.
Hershey, PA - Isn’t it ironic that Spouters in South Jersey continually complain about fiscal mismanagement in Trenton and Washington, yet they continue to finance three small town governments, three Beach Patrols, three Police Departments, three Public Works staffs, as well as their own libraries, own schools, own firehouses, etc.? How about you clean up our own fiscal mess before you try to tell people in other areas how to cut back on government waste. It sure seems like all the year round residents in South Jersey have some family member on the public payroll during the winter.
North Wildwood - To my fellow Elks members. Here is the chance to take back your Lodge. Over the past five to six years, this great organization has forgotten its mission of caring and sharing and has become a private nightclub for the chosen few. You have a chance to bring it back to where it belongs. Vote for change on February 23, 2012. One candidate, who is a past ER, has promised to regain the trust of the members and hire an independent audit. Don't know him, but he has my vote.

Wildwood - Pacific Avenue is an absolute disgrace. Here's an idea, Mayor, cross the bridge into Stone Harbor's shopping district and mirror Pacific Avenue after that. Give potential store owners a break on rent and let only legitimate businesses rent these spaces. Pacific Avenue was great in the early 90s; let's get back to what Wildwood was, and it will be a great place to live and vacation again!
Dennis Township - I hear the Democrats dug the township into a major financial hole where we might lose trash pick up and other basic services while the new guys clean up the mess. I think those responsible for this should face criminal charges. Better yet, they should have to man the trash trucks for the next couple years. Then they wouldn't have so much time on their hands to send in hateful and untruthful Spout Offs.
West Wildwood - Please, please, there has to be someone in this town that is not "connected" to any of the present or former mayors that can run for the council. This town needs new faces and ideas. A woman (again, not "connected") would be great. Come on, somebody step up and save this wonderful town. Let's get this town back on track. I'm too old, or I would do it.
Sea Isle City - I was at the last Council meeting and couldn't believe some of the things that come out of the mouths of those that attend. Do they think before they speak or listen to what it is they are saying? If you have a valid concern or problem, by all means, that is the place to discuss it, but the things people brought up were bizarre and petty. I long for the days of a good debate. Thank you, Administration and Council, for putting up with these people. This town has come a long way and is going in a good direction.
Clermont - Committeeman Murphy, you do not have to worry about a recall election regarding your financial misguidedness as former mayor for the past several years. We simply don't have the money. The current mayor must now address a $350,000 budget deficit. You and fellow Democrats ignored professional accounting advice from our auditor, and you paid out over a million dollars to an engineering firm for a still incomplete Master Plan.
Lower Township - Clearly the appointment of Kevin Lare to a county job is beginning of a payback system that plagues government on both sides. To insinuate that because Lare worked for the county in a different capacity it qualifies him to work in a government purchasing office, where he will spend public money without any training, is an insult to every county resident and another arrogant comment from the county administrator. There was no mention of his qualifications yet his part time pay, without benefits, is much higher than most full time, and experienced workers in the private sector. We expected better from our "new" Freeholder Board.
Cape May County - RE: Smoking ban I don't know why the Chamber is so concerned. By the time smokers pay to feed their habit, they don't have any money left to spend at local businesses anyway.
North Cape May - Why is it that the Sheriff can hire who ever he wants? You can't tell me there is not one person who can handle that job other than Walt Craig? What are we talking about, are there thousands of out of control juveniles wearing ankle bracelets? We have many unemployed residents that are more than qualified for that job and I don't mean another retired cop. The county uses the Sheriff's office as an employment office for good republicans. It has to stop.
Swainton - After reading spout-offs, I checked the salaries posted on the website . Conclusion, yes, most road department employees earn less than the poverty level for this area. Then $70,000 was spent on; a Deputy CFO/$60,000 +benefits and $5,000 raise to an already $94,860 +benefits. The current CFO earns $71,124 +benefits. Is this municipality that large to need a Deputy CFO? Maybe the Republican team will consider bringing road department salaries current with salaries of other road departments in this now 100% Republican run County.
Avalon - OK the cat's out of the bag--the Catholic Church and the whole country now realize that 98% of child bearing women are on the "pill". Maybe now the Church could direct its attention to the lack of interest of young people in the church. Three areas that could be addressed are birth control, divorce and acceptance of gay catholics and gay marriage. We recently spent time on changing the wording of the liturgy maybe now we can devote time to important problems . What would God do? Talk with young college and professional Catholics and if you want to keep them , listen .
CAPE MAY COUNTY - “They say ignorance is bliss, but I say the ignorant are easily enslaved! Just tell them you'll give them something for nothing (food, shelter, retirement, healthcare, education) and they'll willingly compromise their liberties. When they do that, you have started them down the road of enslavement!”
Wildwood - In reference to the person who said the whole point of Wawa was so you can do two things at once, get gas and whatever else you need. Sorry, that's not the whole point. If the place is dead, then sure, run in and grab whatever and come right back out as fast as you can. If the place is packed(which normally it is), get your gas, then park your car and run in and get what you need. Is it so hard to park the car and walk in ? The gas is already being pumped for you.
Wildwood - To:Philly/Wildwood You're happy to see the new restaurant at Garfield and Pacific. What about the restaurant that sat there forever ? Garfields Ristorante? Did you frequent them ? Or the bar Kahunas that was where the new restaurant is going to open ? There are no "others already well established " right there on Pacific. Wake up people and support the businesses that are already existing as well as the new, The new one at Garfield and Pacific was existing on Pacific already. New isn't always better. Support your local businesses ! And locals, If it wasn't for shoobies, this place would look like Flint, Michigan !
Stone Harbor - More on SH schoolyard/community garden: My favorite seed catalogs (sites) now: Johnny's Selected Seeds (johnnyseeds.com), Seeds of Change (seedsofchange.com) and Seed Savers Exchange (seedsavers.org). I ordered for early planting. P.S. I admire Captain Stone's courage. Because his identity's known, he suffers vicious, personal attacks. Though I often disagree with him, I like his tenacity and always find him engaging and informing. More later.

Villas - It looks like, this year, the same Girl Scout leader keeps breaking rules as far as selling cookies are concerned. She's been told several times now that you can't sell cookies at liquor stores and bars. Every year she keeps doing it. When is the Girl Scout Council going to put their foot down and do something about this .

Villas - Just want to thank the low life person who stole the copper pipes from my home. Hopefully the police will catch you. I am a firm believer in 'what goes around, comes around'. Neighbors be on the look out, your house may be next.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Spout Off - The PRINTED EDITION All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: