Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 



Democrats selling $1 million tickets to their convention

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Wharton



Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 664

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Democrats selling $1 million tickets to their convention Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Copsandrobbers and cobra/ERM/john will most likely be buying some of these tickets, so you'd better get yours fast!

Quote:
Democrats are billing the upcoming Democratic National Committee’s annual convention as a “People’s Convention,” funded by “the people.”


Yeah. Let's see. There's a $1 million "Presidential ticket" which includes concierge services. Then there's the $500,000.00 "Gold Rush" ticket.

Apparently the DNC is leaning on wealthy Bank of America executives and pressuring them into buying unload some of the top dollar ticket packages.

It must warm copsandrobbers heart to see that she'll be included in this and her voice will be heard with the same clarity as wealthy Bank of America executives. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Twisted Oz



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 4440
Location: Wildwood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Maybe with the surplus funds, they can upgrade free cell phone service to the poor to include a $25.00 gift card to Dollar General as a stimulus to help accelerate the economy. Shocked
_________________
No one can get in to see the Wizard, not no body, not no how!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wharton is always knocking the lesser of evils. From Wharton's conservative source: "At President Obama’s request, the host committee in Charlotte — which must raise $36.6 million to pay for the convention — has promised to refuse donations from corporations, lobbyists or other special interest groups, including unions. Individual contributions are limited to $100,000. But living up to these ambitious self-imposed rules is proving more difficult than party leaders expected."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1corruptionkiller



Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 2900
Location: Corruptionkiller HQ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Same old same old. Your money bad...my money good. Rolling Eyes

And there are people that claim Obama doesnt owe favors with the money he receives...like he's above corruption. Bull. He's no different than any other politician...its just that his party affiliation has him answering to different overlords.
_________________
"Time makes more converts than reason" Thomas Paine

Cops and Robbers wrote:
Sadly, much that comes from freddy is cartoonish, ignorant stereotypes.

Spouters Ignored: C&R
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cobra



Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: fraud Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Whaton...let me explain simple political economics 101 to you: The more money a candidate has, the better chance he/she has to win? Understand? So the more money Obama raises over Mitt and its already at $150million to Mitts $45, the Dems can use that to smack down all of the lies, hate, spin and lies (yea I repeated) and win a second term. And the Dem fundraising treasure is in the bank, waiting for the Rep bozos to continue to spend and beat each other up all the way to the convention. And THEN, the money-fueled bomb will be dropped to bring whataever fraud you nominate to the hateful knees......So the more million-dollar donations--the Better! Anything to keep a Rep out of office---they did enough damage to this country during the 8 years of Bush and a do-nothing un-American Congress now....
Ya think the people haven't noticed? Why do you think the money is pouring in financial wiz?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1corruptionkiller



Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 2900
Location: Corruptionkiller HQ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: fraud Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
do-nothing un-American Congress now....


So which is it...the Country is doing better financially...but the Republicans have obstructed EVERYTHING Obama has tried to do.

You cant have it both ways.

If I follow your logic, the Republicans stopping Obama's agenda has led to the "recovery"
_________________
"Time makes more converts than reason" Thomas Paine

Cops and Robbers wrote:
Sadly, much that comes from freddy is cartoonish, ignorant stereotypes.

Spouters Ignored: C&R
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Democrats selling $1 million tickets to their convention Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wharton wrote:
It must warm your heart to see that your voice will be heard with the same clarity as wealthy Bank of America executives. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wharton recognizes the problem, he just doesn't care.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Appearantly you only care when reps do this. When Obama does it it is just to be like them(whic he promised he would not be).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

1corruptionkiller wrote:
Same old same old. Your money bad...my money good. Rolling Eyes
Wharton started the thread to bash Democrats for what Republicans do worse. Obama gets credit for requesting the Democratic Convention host committee turn down contributions from corporations, lobbyists and other special interests, including unions. "A convention has never been funded this way before." Republicans have no such qualms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Feb. 9, 2012 -- ...He opened an envelope from a Florida company to find a check for $1 million. That afternoon, another million arrived from a different company. The host committee has raised more than a third of the $55 million needed to help stage the Republican National Convention. Most contributions come from big donors.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72697.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cobra



Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: gridlock Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think the recovery, which everybody who actually reads knew it would be extremely slow and painful foer years cioulsd have been helped if the reps. didn't try to block EVERY jobs/funding, stimulus proposal by Obama--andofferered Nothing in RETURN except striong-armed to keep[ tax cuts for the rich.
Ecverybody knows that Reps did NOT want ONE NEW JOB until after the eklection and wanted to keeep unemploymwent HIGH for political pusposes. That is a fact? Why? Just look at the Rep. congress reciord on job legislation--ZERO...
You think that isn't gonna be one of the ATTACK ads when the real race begins? You bet it is....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1corruptionkiller



Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 2900
Location: Corruptionkiller HQ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:
[Wharton started the thread to bash Democrats for what Republicans do worse. .


I believe he started the thread to counter your argument of how pure the Democrats are, since you only post negative threads about republicans. But, your not biased in anyway Rolling Eyes

By claiming the Repubs do it worse, you agree that the democrats follow in the same eeeevil practice...you just agree with them.
_________________
"Time makes more converts than reason" Thomas Paine

Cops and Robbers wrote:
Sadly, much that comes from freddy is cartoonish, ignorant stereotypes.

Spouters Ignored: C&R
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

1corruptionkiller wrote:
your argument of how pure the Democrats....the democrats follow in the same eeeevil practice...you just agree with them.
Thanks, I'll let you speak for me next time.

I have sometimes said the choice is between bad and worse.

Other times, I have said the choice is between Obama and worse.

I try to stay focused.

Your argument about my argument of how pure the Democrats are is nonsense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So are you saying President Obama is a bad president?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You mean like leather whip and high heels bad?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Why is that bad?

Dodged another question Cops.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Is this how you think? "President good." "President bad."

Struggling .... against .... all .... reason .. and ... evidence ... to .. take .... you .... seriously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Your post said you believe its a choice between a bad president and a worse president. Which one is Obama in that scenario?


You brought it up not me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cobra



Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Obama Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Obama is a good man who has tried to do his best to get us out of this terrbible economic mess, out of the wars, and trying to stay calm about the situation in the Middle East without attackign Iran--llike Rick, Newt and Mitt want to do.. yea, that would work (see, Iraq, Afghanstan, Viet Nam, etc...). No, Obama is not perfect by a long shot and has compromised wayyy more than MOST DEMS WANTED but, he has remained composed in the face of the most hostile Rep. Congress in history to a sitting president from day 1. There is no argument there. and now that the economy is crawling out of uits massive slump, ahhh, the Reps are turning to the "social" issues as the big wedge platform--which they will lose the eklection fro sure....Miitt, Newt and Rick are just plain bad for the country compared to Obama....
PS. Newt is already scaring felloe conservatives sayung Iran could drop a bomb on Columbus or Cleveland (he actualluy said that in the Mdwest this week)...Really Newt, How? and why would they? Risk total anniliation to bomb Cleveland?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:
You said you believe its a choice between a bad president and a worse president.
I said that at times "the choice is between Obama and worse."

Example. Obama compromised on the stimulus and gave Republicans their tax cuts for the wealthy, but therefore the stimulus was less effective because tax cuts for the rich are the least effective stimulus. Worse, Republicans wanted no stimulus at all except the ineffective tax cuts.

Example. Obama won a temporary payroll tax cut for workers, but he had to extend the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy. Worse, Republicans demand the tax cuts for the rich be made permanent, ballooning the deficit and forcing painful cuts in Social Security and Medicare.

Example: Obama’s compromise offer with Republicans to reduce the deficit hits the poor and the middle class the hardest, while wealthy Americans and the military are asked to sacrifice less, even though it was unfunded tax cuts and wars that got us a deficit in the first place. Worse, Republicans oppose any taxes on the rich and, posing as tough if not smart on defense, no military savings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spazcat



Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 7657
Location: whatsamatta u

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If i vote repub this time i gotta vote for the guy who i know will flip flop the second he gets the gig. All the candidates on our side sound like they all failed 2nd grade math. i know at least two of them know better but have to feed the beast that is the tea party. Romney seems like the only choice but man its gonna be a leap of faith. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Would it be racist to call him Charlie Brown Erm?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spazcat



Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 7657
Location: whatsamatta u

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Call who? And why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Obama. Erm says he is a good man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spazcat



Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 7657
Location: whatsamatta u

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm sure he is. Marco Rubio said so yesterday, true i think he meant to imply he was not a fabulous prez. You gotta take the compliments where you can find 'em i guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum