Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Debate Questions for Jeff Van Drew to Answer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fletch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Debate Questions for Jeff Van Drew to Answer Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Van Drew is on record saying he will not participate in any debate that allows voters to ask him questions. But I have questions for him. And since he won't take them at a debate, or let anyone ask him on Facebook, or answer them at campaign appearances, or pick up the phones at his office, I will ask them here. Hopefully someone out here in the World Wide Web knows the asnwers.

-You said if Cape May County bought the Beesely’s Point Bridge, the county wouldn’t have to pay for repairs. So why did Cape May County just borrow $9 million to tear down just the drawbridge portion of the bridge?

-Taxes have been raised 115 times since you took office. Why?

-You voted earlier this year to spend $900 million New Jersey doesn’t have based on faulty projections that were just proven to be wrong. Did you want to raise taxes or borrow money to pay for that?

-Why did you support the Norcross provision in the recent pension& health benefit reform?

-You’ve been promising for 10 years to finish Rt 55. Will it ever be completed?
ZER0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

$9 million to tear a portion of the bridge is not repairs therefore Jeffy's right. No money for repairs but the money borrowed is only a partial tear down. More will be needed later.................you can count on it.
newsmanridesagain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Why should Van Drew be forced to answer questions when DeWeese will not?
freddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Exactly why we are in the mess we are in. Politicians not being held accountable and people defending them.
Sally Sunshine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: just saying Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't know fletch. What if the debate got uploaded to YouTube and the candidates got pressured to appear on Jerry Springer? What good could possibly come of that?
fletch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Zero - Demolition costs are SOOOOO much better than repair costs. How stupid of me.

Newsman - If you are who I think you are, maybe you shouldn't lead off your questions with "i don't trust politicians and aren't gonna believe your answer anyway"

Freddy - like where your head is at. Need to work on your hair though Smile

Sally - If it was the 1990s and Springer was still popular, I'd be worried. But if Van Drew and DeWeese posted a YouTube video that got them an invite to the Jerry Springer show, I'd be thrilled. Because if he still has a show, that means unlike most people in the 1990s who had jobs, Springer still has one. And I need to hear some good economic news.
Sally Sunshine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Fletch, I guess what I'm saying is it could easily turn into a free for all and Van Drew is never going to go for it. You see, you have people like me who want to tar and feather him and I'm a liberal. He is aloof, arrogant and narcissistic. He and his goons have decimated the county party and many local parties because he only cares about his "brand" and the money that funds it. There is no pursuit or vetting of candidates, no party agenda unless you count shut up and do as you're told. He lost his trading partners and he is still wandering around like a lost shepherd trying to make deals. How smart is that? Here are some questions I'd like to ask Van Drew : Since your're practically the only one running, what is the incentive to go out and vote? Who is going to stump for you? How does it feel to be an outcast?

Personally, I think he is toast. Your party has had it's revitalization and he is the first obstacle to the opposition having theirs. He needs to go. It's like picking off a Capo. Someone else takes over. Restructuring occurs. You know the rest. It's time to even the playing field and get down to a "real" game of ball. Doesn't that sound like fun?
BornDowntheShore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sally, are you interested in rebuilding the Democratic Party in Cape May County? There are a lot of Democrats who are fed up with the status quo and see things exactly the same way that you do.

You are not alone but there are way too many eyes on us, so we have to work quietly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: