Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 



facts are such stubborn things
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I guess you told me Grasshopper. I broughtit up because Cops uses him as a barometer not I.
50 points? Look out Mensa...Obama and Biden are only 100 poins short. Find where I support Palin. Hello Ermmy. You have yet to liveup to the Edwin R Murrow you claim to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ender



Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
I guess you told me Grasshopper. I broughtit up because Cops uses him as a barometer not I.
50 points? Look out Mensa...Obama and Biden are only 100 poins short. Find where I support Palin. Hello Ermmy. You have yet to liveup to the Edwin R Murrow you claim to be.

Mensa. I missed Mensa by 5 crummy points. Confused

You? Close, I bet. For someone to put themselves down so much takes someone comfortable with themselves and their intelligence. BTW, I didn't tell what part of "medical field " I'm a part of. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Any chance you want a tutor? No cash necessry...barter is just fine. 5 points....we can work on a pe point basiis.

Send me a private pm about the medical field. I would prefer to hyperventilate in private.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ender wrote:
Trupat_78 wrote:
freddy wrote:
Easy TRU....All the dems gave us is Obama and Biden.....Im actually enjoying Stewart now while he exposes these two idiiiooots.


Says a lot about you Freddy. Stewart is BS until he says something you like...then he's great. It's just a game, eh? One for your team? Interesting.

These two idiiiooots have about 50 IQ points each on Sarah Palin.


Your friend, Erm
OHOH, someone has bought into the state-run media brand of BS. :-/ Neutral


You mean Fox? Yeah I watch it sometimes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
Any chance you want a tutor? No cash necessry...barter is just fine. 5 points....we can work on a pe point basiis.

Send me a private pm about the medical field. I would prefer to hyperventilate in private.


It's the internet Fred..how do you know that Ender isn't a guy?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ender



Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Trupat_78 wrote:
freddy wrote:
Any chance you want a tutor? No cash necessry...barter is just fine. 5 points....we can work on a pe point basiis.

Send me a private pm about the medical field. I would prefer to hyperventilate in private.


It's the internet Fred..how do you know that Ender isn't a guy?
Like you are a Korean Taekwondo or Chinese Wing Chun expert? LOL!

Yes, I'm a female. If you don't believe avatars or profiles, there's not much else I can say to convince you. <shrug>

Always so paranoid and distrustful? Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hey its a 50/50 shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hey its a 50/50 shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cubby wrote:
facts are such stubborn things

"Facts are troublesome creatures from time to time." So says Shep Smith, Fox news anchor.

Short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbL6tv6m9iQ


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:
cubby wrote:
facts are such stubborn things

"Facts are troublesome creatures from time to time." So says Shep Smith, Fox news anchor.

Short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbL6tv6m9iQ




Yes, I have noticed how some people won't let facts stand in the way of a good, delusional opinion.

Shepard Smith is one of the few fair reporters/hosts on Fox. I wonder how he is still working there. It's also funny how on several occasions O'Reilly has dissed Hannity, Beck and some of the others as being less than fair and or opinion...not news.

I wonder how the Mad Australian has not fired them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ender



Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Trupat_78 wrote:


Shepard Smith is one of the few fair reporters/hosts on Fox. I wonder how he is still working there. It's also funny how on several occasions O'Reilly has dissed Hannity, Beck and some of the others as being less than fair and or opinion...not news.

I wonder how the Mad Australian has not fired them?
Shepherd Smith is neither fair nor believable. His recent reporting from Japan bordered upon hysteria, ginning up the worry among citizens of Japan. Listening to him, I almost had an anxiety attack Japan ended up asking the media to stop this type of coverage because of the effect upon its citizens.

During the first bailout at the end of Bush's term in office, I remember his nagging, harping and pushing over and over on the need of the government "to do something! about the failing economy!!" and that our nation was going to be destroyed if SOMETHING, wasn't done! asking why Bush was so remiss about NOT doing something when Bush was resistant to passing the TARP. I remember his silly sideways posing for the camera and eyes glittering as he signed off with "Someone's GOTTA DO SOMETHING!!"

Then, a couple of months later he flip-flopped and began criticizing the very action and program he'd been pushing and demanding to be passed while criticizing Bush for not doing so faster!?!., He was posing again, with eyes glittering again. I emailed him with his inconsistencies and told him to shut up if he couldn't be more honest and consistent. He banned me from sending any more emails.

So much for........what was it?................"fair reporter"? "Believable"? ROLFLMAO!

He's a viewer chasing phony. And, a pretty boy pandering to the left that think he's so wonderful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ender wrote:
Shepherd Smith...was posing again, with eyes glittering.... I emailed him...and told him to shut up.... He banned me from sending any more emails.

Shep Smith and Juan Williams are talking heads at conservative Fox, which brings home their affirmation the Republican war on organized workers is not about the budget. I am afraid the burden is on you to prove that Smith's and William's credibility are in question and not your own.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrestExpat



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 3005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Funny, since C&R's credibility was destroyed years ago...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Just like the "former" poster that used to scream about "global warming".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: response to Ender's comment about Shepard Smith. Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh boy...here we go.

I don't remember Smith's coverage of the bailout. ..so I don't have an opinion on it...somehow, after reading the rest of your comment, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another side to the story...a more rational side.

I did see some of his coverage of the quake/tsunami and I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "his reporting bordered on hysteria." Here is a link to some of his coverage of the Japan disaster from You tube. You call this hysterical? This gave you an anxiety attack? Are you kidding me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgM-wiFuPYU

If you think this is hysteria, and almost caused you to have an anxiety attack..maybe you should consider anti-anxiety medication. I'm sorry, but there is no hysteria. The guy couldn't be any calmer. I hope that you don't think that this response to your comment is "hysterical," and that it doesn't give you a panic attack.

I also see that you wrote harassing e-mails telling him to "shut-up"and that somebody had to block you. Gee, that's a big surprise. Do you obsess much? To paraphrase part of your comment...about your comment: ROLFLMAO![/quote]


Last edited by Trupat_78 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

CrestExpat wrote:
Funny, since C&R's credibility was destroyed years ago...
The conservative media are so rife with disinformation, an easy chore I've undertaken on this forum is to "copy and paste" the debunking of the abundant misinformation. This may irk some Republicans, as Shep Smith says facts are troublesome creatures. But seriously, you cannot distinguish bunk from debunk?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Trupat's post mysteriously appeared blank on my screen. So here is Trupat's post:

Trupat_78 wrote:


Ender wrote:
Shepherd Smith is neither fair nor believable. His recent reporting from Japan bordered upon hysteria, ginning up the worry among citizens of Japan. Listening to him, I almost had an anxiety attack Japan ended up asking the media to stop this type of coverage because of the effect upon its citizens.


Oh boy...here we go.

I don't remember Smith's coverage of the bailout. ..so I don't have an opinion on it...somehow, after reading the rest of your comment, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another side to the story...a more rational side.

I did see some of his coverage of the quake/tsunami and I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "his reporting bordered on hysteria." Here is a link to some of his coverage of the Japan disaster from You tube. You call this hysterical? This gave you an anxiety attack? Are you kidding me?

url= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgM-wiFuPYU

If you think this is hysteria, and almost caused you to have an anxiety attack..maybe you should consider anti-anxiety medication. I'm sorry, but there is no hysteria. The guy couldn't be any calmer. I hope that you don't think that this response to your comment is "hysterical," and that it doesn't give you a panic attack.

I also see that you wrote harassing e-mails telling him to "shut-up"and that somebody had to block you. Gee, that's a big surprise. Do you obsess much? To paraphrase part of your comment...about your comment: ROLFLMAO!


Last edited by Cops and Robbers on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:
Trupat's post mysteriously appeared blank on my screen, until I selected to "quote" him and I found this: That he had mistakenly missed the equals sign in url=http.

So here is Trupat's post:

Trupat_78 wrote:


Ender wrote:
Shepherd Smith is neither fair nor believable. His recent reporting from Japan bordered upon hysteria, ginning up the worry among citizens of Japan. Listening to him, I almost had an anxiety attack Japan ended up asking the media to stop this type of coverage because of the effect upon its citizens.

During the first bailout at the end of Bush's term in office, I remember his nagging, harping and pushing over and over on the need of the government "to do something! about the failing economy!!" and that our nation was going to be destroyed if SOMETHING, wasn't done! asking why Bush was so remiss about NOT doing something when Bush was resistant to passing the TARP. I remember his silly sideways posing for the camera and eyes glittering as he signed off with "Someone's GOTTA DO SOMETHING!!"

Then, a couple of months later he flip-flopped and began criticizing the very action and program he'd been pushing and demanding to be passed while criticizing Bush for not doing so faster!?!., He was posing again, with eyes glittering again. I emailed him with his inconsistencies and told him to shut up if he couldn't be more honest and consistent. He banned me from sending any more emails.

So much for........what was it?................"fair reporter"? "Believable"? ROLFLMAO!

He's a viewer chasing phony. And, a pretty boy pandering to the left that think he's so wonderful.



Oh boy...here we go.

I don't remember Smith's coverage of the bailout. ..so I don't have an opinion on it...somehow, after reading the rest of your comment, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another side to the story...a more rational side.

I did see some of his coverage of the quake/tsunami and I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "his reporting bordered on hysteria." Here is a link to some of his coverage of the Japan disaster from You tube. You call this hysterical? This gave you an anxiety attack? Are you kidding me?

url= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgM-wiFuPYU

If you think this is hysteria, and almost caused you to have an anxiety attack..maybe you should consider anti-anxiety medication. I'm sorry, but there is no hysteria. The guy couldn't be any calmer. I hope that you don't think that this response to your comment is "hysterical," and that it doesn't give you a panic attack.

I also see that you wrote harassing e-mails telling him to "shut-up"and that somebody had to block you. Gee, that's a big surprise. Do you obsess much? To paraphrase part of your comment...about your comment: ROLFLMAO!


Thanks Cops, I couldn't find the problem!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ender



Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Trupat_78 wrote:
Cops and Robbers wrote:
Trupat's post mysteriously appeared blank on my screen, until I selected to "quote" him and I found this: That he had mistakenly missed the equals sign in url=http.

So here is Trupat's post:

Trupat_78 wrote:


Ender wrote:
Shepherd Smith is neither fair nor believable. His recent reporting from Japan bordered upon hysteria, ginning up the worry among citizens of Japan. Listening to him, I almost had an anxiety attack Japan ended up asking the media to stop this type of coverage because of the effect upon its citizens.

During the first bailout at the end of Bush's term in office, I remember his nagging, harping and pushing over and over on the need of the government "to do something! about the failing economy!!" and that our nation was going to be destroyed if SOMETHING, wasn't done! asking why Bush was so remiss about NOT doing something when Bush was resistant to passing the TARP. I remember his silly sideways posing for the camera and eyes glittering as he signed off with "Someone's GOTTA DO SOMETHING!!"

Then, a couple of months later he flip-flopped and began criticizing the very action and program he'd been pushing and demanding to be passed while criticizing Bush for not doing so faster!?!., He was posing again, with eyes glittering again. I emailed him with his inconsistencies and told him to shut up if he couldn't be more honest and consistent. He banned me from sending any more emails.

So much for........what was it?................"fair reporter"? "Believable"? ROLFLMAO!

He's a viewer chasing phony. And, a pretty boy pandering to the left that think he's so wonderful.



Oh boy...here we go.

I don't remember Smith's coverage of the bailout. ..so I don't have an opinion on it...somehow, after reading the rest of your comment, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another side to the story...a more rational side.

I did see some of his coverage of the quake/tsunami and I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "his reporting bordered on hysteria." Here is a link to some of his coverage of the Japan disaster from You tube. You call this hysterical? This gave you an anxiety attack? Are you kidding me?

url= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgM-wiFuPYU

If you think this is hysteria, and almost caused you to have an anxiety attack..maybe you should consider anti-anxiety medication. I'm sorry, but there is no hysteria. The guy couldn't be any calmer. I hope that you don't think that this response to your comment is "hysterical," and that it doesn't give you a panic attack.

I also see that you wrote harassing e-mails telling him to "shut-up"and that somebody had to block you. Gee, that's a big surprise. Do you obsess much? To paraphrase part of your comment...about your comment: ROLFLMAO!


Thanks Cops, I couldn't find the problem!

His "calmness" in reporting didn't stop at all his "obsession" over the facts that he kept repeating over and over and over, with the same urgency he used in the bailout issue. There are various ways to create anxiety in listeners in case you guys don't know. Funny.

And, yes, he was the major Fox commentator on this issue, so I guess the Japanese didn't think so much of his "calmness" either. Regarding the anxiety..........Take it up with them as they thought it was creating anxiety in their population, asked for it to stop. Japan Earthquake and the Irresponsible Foreign Media and A Message to the International Media: Stop the Hysteria!

I didn't say I wrote harrassing "emails. I wrote ONE email. Care to put more words in my mouth some more in order to refute them? How about some honesty in replying, Funny men. Like usual actual facts. (Or, [looking furtively] are you the same poster as I've been accused?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So Ender, Shep Smith is "neither fair nor believable" owing to "his obsession over the facts"? Yes, facts are troublesome creatures - to Republicans. Reality has a well known liberal bias. Very Happy

Last edited by Cops and Robbers on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ender



Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:
So Ender, Shep Smith is "neither fair nor believable" owing to "his obsession over the facts"? Yes, facts are troublesome creatures - to whom today pass for conservatives. Reality has a well known progressive bias.

You've gone completely askew from the facts that I presented about japan wanting this type of reporting to stop. The facts weren't correct as being presented by the media especially when second-by-second accounts (to gin up viewers) were taking place. As I said.........take it up with Japan.

But, <shrug> the longer I post I see that you are just another liberal hack that uses obfuscation and deflection to keep from honestly discussing facts. Now, you are using a world play to do the same.

Tell me why your opinion is important? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trupat_78



Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ender wrote:
Trupat_78 wrote:
Cops and Robbers wrote:
Trupat's post mysteriously appeared blank on my screen, until I selected to "quote" him and I found this: That he had mistakenly missed the equals sign in url=http.

So here is Trupat's post:

Trupat_78 wrote:


Ender wrote:
Shepherd Smith is neither fair nor believable. His recent reporting from Japan bordered upon hysteria, ginning up the worry among citizens of Japan. Listening to him, I almost had an anxiety attack Japan ended up asking the media to stop this type of coverage because of the effect upon its citizens.

During the first bailout at the end of Bush's term in office, I remember his nagging, harping and pushing over and over on the need of the government "to do something! about the failing economy!!" and that our nation was going to be destroyed if SOMETHING, wasn't done! asking why Bush was so remiss about NOT doing something when Bush was resistant to passing the TARP. I remember his silly sideways posing for the camera and eyes glittering as he signed off with "Someone's GOTTA DO SOMETHING!!"

Then, a couple of months later he flip-flopped and began criticizing the very action and program he'd been pushing and demanding to be passed while criticizing Bush for not doing so faster!?!., He was posing again, with eyes glittering again. I emailed him with his inconsistencies and told him to shut up if he couldn't be more honest and consistent. He banned me from sending any more emails.

So much for........what was it?................"fair reporter"? "Believable"? ROLFLMAO!

He's a viewer chasing phony. And, a pretty boy pandering to the left that think he's so wonderful.



Oh boy...here we go.

I don't remember Smith's coverage of the bailout. ..so I don't have an opinion on it...somehow, after reading the rest of your comment, I wouldn't be surprised if there was another side to the story...a more rational side.

I did see some of his coverage of the quake/tsunami and I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "his reporting bordered on hysteria." Here is a link to some of his coverage of the Japan disaster from You tube. You call this hysterical? This gave you an anxiety attack? Are you kidding me?

url= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgM-wiFuPYU

If you think this is hysteria, and almost caused you to have an anxiety attack..maybe you should consider anti-anxiety medication. I'm sorry, but there is no hysteria. The guy couldn't be any calmer. I hope that you don't think that this response to your comment is "hysterical," and that it doesn't give you a panic attack.

I also see that you wrote harassing e-mails telling him to "shut-up"and that somebody had to block you. Gee, that's a big surprise. Do you obsess much? To paraphrase part of your comment...about your comment: ROLFLMAO!


Thanks Cops, I couldn't find the problem!

His "calmness" in reporting didn't stop at all his "obsession" over the facts that he kept repeating over and over and over, with the same urgency he used in the bailout issue. There are various ways to create anxiety in listeners in case you guys don't know. Funny.

And, yes, he was the major Fox commentator on this issue, so I guess the Japanese didn't think so much of his "calmness" either. Regarding the anxiety..........Take it up with them as they thought it was creating anxiety in their population, asked for it to stop. Japan Earthquake and the Irresponsible Foreign Media and A Message to the International Media: Stop the Hysteria!

I didn't say I wrote harrassing "emails. I wrote ONE email. Care to put more words in my mouth some more in order to refute them? How about some honesty in replying, Funny men. Like usual actual facts. (Or, [looking furtively] are you the same poster as I've been accused?)


While, first singling out the BBC and then the foreign media in general...nowhere, does either the article or the you tube video mention Shepard Smith or even Fox News. You singled him out as if he were doing something extraordinary in his coverage, and sited these links as how hysterical Smith's coverage was...when, in fact he seems to be one of the more low key reporters during that time. I even notice that some of the images during his segment were taken from the Japanese news. He like all the other News shows raised the question of nuclear meltdown and that certainly could create hysteria, but probably had to be mentioned...there was a lot of damage to the reactors. I want to know this because it would effect us....Japanese radiation from those reactors is already showing up in milk on the west coast. Anyway...nothing here is new or out of the ordinary to news media...they are always over dramatizing events to get ratings. Why the bitterness toward Shepard Smith? Did he have to get a restraining order to stop you from stalking him? LOL!

Smith is one of the few moderate voices of reason in an otherwise hyper-conservative propaganda machine that is Fox News. But maybe you're not interested in reason. Give him a break.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum