Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Spout Off - 9/23-9/29

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Spout Off - The PRINTED EDITION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Spout Off - 9/23-9/29 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Why does the Mayor of West Wildwood have a seven-foot wall on a city park between his house and the park?
—West Wildwood
Who is in charge of Middle Township's Youth Football Program? The Recreation Department? Mr. McMichael? Mr. Toney? Mr. Jones? Mr. McDonnell? Who should people address their concerns to?
—Middle Township
(ED. NOTE: Concerns should be addressed to Mr. Toney or Mr. McDonnell)
I read about the West Wildwood illegal termination and think about the cost associated with such a dumb decision by its mayor. Then I read about the two Wildwood commissioners that are fighting their recall issue until the very end. My only thought is what is in the drinking water of these communities? One cannot make this stuff up. This island is managed by 17 elected officials (not including the three school boards) who are dumber than the word dumb.
—Wildwood
Raw sewerage running in the streets. What does the city administration do about it? Nothing. No warnings, no cleanup.
—Sea Isle City
Thanks to the regional newspaper that identifies empty homes by tossing a red wrapped paper in the front of homes. It makes it so much easier for burglars. There's even a scale. One paper on the lawn...maybe unoccupied, two papers on the lawn...good chance it's empty, three papers on the lawn...help yourselves. Ironically, this paper just recently ran a front page article about the increase in burglaries.
—Court House
To the talented southern blues singer who graced the stage at the Dogtooth for Biker’s Weekend: Understand; your blues are not like my blues. But, baby, you sure do sing sweet. Blues so blue you made my blues positively green. So much thanks! Won’t you please come entertain us again?
—Cape May County
You "Flat Earth Society" folks are just too smart, got it figured out. Seems Mr. Obama and his minions plan to take over the country. Then, in a brilliant move, appoint Mr. Obama as President of the United States! From that position, the now President Obama, plans to subject the U.S. citizens to "health care." Smart folks will get out now, leave the country before it's too late only don’t head north, they have healthcare.
—Court House
I would like to thank the local pizza establishment on the boardwalk for their new rule that you're not allowed to bring any outside beverages in. You're still allowed to bring other food in but no longer can bring your own beverages in. They have lost their long time customer.
—Wildwood
Help! Lost my camera. A Sony Cybershot in a Gorman case on the wooden wall vicinity of Sixth and JFK in North Wildwood. Please call 609-522-8128 or Jeri @ Marlboro Farm Market 886-2524.
—North Wildwood
I tip my hat to the assistant manager at the Rio Grande Shop Rite, Dar Weaver. He and a couple of his associates were hauling down that large flag that flies over the Rio Grande Shop Rite shopping mall that was badly tattered after the storms we've had the last couple nights. I just thought it was a thing of beauty, on 9/11, that he and other patriots would take the time to haul down a badly tattered flag and give it an honorable resting. Hats off! Well done.
—Cape May County
It was really great when the representative from South Carolina yelled out that Obama is a liar. But, alas, he did the "Republican thing," he apologized.
—Cape May
I'm calling in regards to the Cape May County Child Support Department. I think the case workers up need to get off their rears and start enforcing these orders for the payee of the parent to start paying. There are women out there owed $20,000 and nobody's collecting this money. How about getting on this and doing something about it so these kids get the money they deserve.
—Rio Grande
In these tough economic times, I find that lawn care is a luxury not a necessity. A local lawn crafting company has twice disappointed me. I'll be cutting my own lawn and doing my own landscaping from now on.
—Court House
To heck with the communist healthcare bill. Let’s worry about Donovan McNabb.
—Cape May
I think a priority in the county should be to extend Railroad Avenue through to North Wildwood Boulevard. This would get a lot of traffic off Route 9 and 47. The road would create good ratables in West Whitesboro and provide better access to emergency vehicles.
—Mayville
Where was Wildwood Public Works on Friday to close Pacific Avenue off with saw-horses where it was flooded to keep people from driving through the water, making wake and causing more water to come in the stores that people were already trying to dry out? I see they found them to close the streets off for the motorcycles later in the day.
—Wildwood
Cape May County freeholders want another $100,000 grant from New Jersey DEP to develop a water quality management plan. The $2.2M Cape May County water study, by the US Geological Survey, is seven years old and still no study. Guess it's too hot to handle. No wonder the county planner decided to retire. Time for a full investigation. The public deserves the truth. The big question: Who can you trust to do this investigation?
—Cape May County
This is regarding the white Nova that's parked on the sidewalk on the street by the Cape May Lewes Ferry. We've called numerous times to the Lower Township Police Department and Code Enforcement Office. This car has false tags that aren't registered to the vehicle. It's constantly blocking the sidewalk. What's it going to take for the township to do something about this? Please have the township of Lower take care of this problem.
—North Cape May
I'd like to inform everyone who shops in North Cape May on Bayshore Road that if they want to get waited on at the deli counter make sure they take a number even though there's nobody in the store. You still need a number even if you're the only one there. If somebody comes in after you they'll wait on them even if you've been standing there for about 10 minutes waiting for them to finish their talking behind the deli counter.
—North Cape May
President Carter was one of the worst presidents in our history. He should go back to what he really does know and that is peanut farming. He claims to be a Christian and a Sunday school teacher. He's a troublemaker and a hypocrite.
—Goshen
To all the dog owners in the Crest: I don't get it. I could never stand there and watch my dog take a dump and have to pick it up. You love your dog, great. You want to sit there, let them go to the bathroom, pick it up. I am sick of seeing dog dirt all over.
—Wildwood Crest
To the Avalon spouter, "Procrastinate" is the wrong word. The public health option may delay cancer treatment. Now is that too hard to understand?
—Sea Isle City
I don't think it's fair that they're giving everybody Section 8 to rent these new condos. I pay taxes. I'm a taxpayer. I don't understand why I have to live in a shabby old house and pay for their Section 8.
—Wildwood
I'm calling about the old Unkle's service station on Rte. 47 and Goshen/Swainton Road. It's an eyesore to the community. Someone should make them clean that up and do something with it. It's literally disgusting. The homes that are around there can't sell because of how bad it looks and how poorly it's kept.
—Goshen
Once again a big "thank you" goes out to the Payless of Rio Grande for donating all the shoe boxes they did for the Cape May United Methodist Church for the children at Christmas.
—Villas
How long are the Wildwood Crest people going to leave American flags out in the weather day and night, 24 hours a day, some on the ground, some ripped. Collect them and save them for next Sept. 11.
—Wildwood
What's with the body piercings and tattoos? No wonder the business owners hire foreigners because it makes you not want to go into those stores.
—Cape May
I don't know if it's a conspiracy but what is one to think when a group is 12 percent of the population but is in 99.99 percent of the TV commercials? Virtually all TV commercials. Just something to think about the TV stations and the people who run these things actually think we're too stupid to notice this.
—Cape May
Sen. Wilson of South Carolina is correct. Obamacare will pay for illegal immigrants' healthcare. Sen. Wilson later had to apologize to the president for calling out he lied. I will say it for him without an apology. Obama and the liberals are, indeed, lying. Wake up America.
—Lower Township
Obama should look up the word "truth" in the dictionary. He lied during the campaign and is lying now. At least Glenn Beck is giving us the news. All the other networks like ABC, NBC, MSNBC & CBS are not reporting the news.
—North Cape May
Why would anyone suggest that we place a historical lighthouse or information center in the middle of our playground at JFK? Doesn't a lighthouse belong on the beachfront? There are no other options or any other place for a tourist information center? I find it very nice when you drive into town and you see the children playing at the playground. It would be a shame to remove that with a big building.
—Sea Isle City
I'm glad Councilman McHale spoke up against the $1.4 million marina building. Do we really need another Taj Mahal in Sea Isle City like the one at Dealy Field where the use doesn't reflect it's cost?
—Sea Isle City
To the spouter who called Councilman McHale a flip-flop: If you would attend council meetings you would see he is the only councilperson voting against city budget increases and water/sewer increases. Mike, please keep fighting for us.
-—Sea Isle City
Good thing Fredericks has Ms. Goldberg under his spell in West Wildwood. Hers is the only positive Spout Off that gets in the paper. He's really costing the taxpayers a lot of money. Wake up West Wildwood.
—West Wildwood/Media, Pa.
As I sit here outside Marina Bay Towers I'm watching the rats run in and around the dumpsters that were placed here. I have two questions. Where do all rats go in the wintertime? Where is our Code Enforcer?
—North Wildwood
I am a gentleman and I would like to know when women will realize they look 10 years older and very unattractive with straight hair.
—Cape May
(ED. NOTE: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think straight looks great! )
The Borough of Avalon puzzles me. They have systematically, for approximately the last 10 years, to allow its dune protection ordinance to be violated and allowed people to degrade and ruin what were once our beautiful high dunes. Now Avalon, for whatever reason, is attempting to weaken the dune protection ordinance yet again and make it easier to ruin our dunes, cut down trees and to build bigger properties. I wonder why Avalon is going to be fertilizing its dunes as was reported in the Herald with an aerial application of fertilizer.
—Avalon

To all the vacationers that do not shut the water off at the 26th Street beach showers shame on you. The Morey's were nice enough to install showers after the remodeling last year so that you don't bring sand into your rented homes and you have the audacity to let the water run. I am sure you don't let the water run in your house but since it's not showing up on your bill I guess it's ok.
—North Wildwood
Shame, shame on you citizens of good old SIC. You really didn't want our heroes in blue to come to the aid of the people who pay their salaries. It was not safe out there on the flooded streets. Imagine what will happen if a hurricane hits.
—Sea Isle City
Just received my notice from the SICTA, concerning sewer rates and how they were going to explain the costs. I really wish they would admit they are the reason we are in this fix. We did not need a change of government all we needed was to replace the three drone commissioners. So what did they achieve? We now have a mayor and five commissioners who do nothing. Thanks a lot SICTA.
—Sea Isle City
Recall. Replacing the mayor and commissioners will not help the town if three more local common people replace them. The city needs a professional business administrator with no ties to the city to run the every day operation. The Three Kings could not run this city without professional help.
—Wildwood
The skateboard park in North Wildwood is such a nice place for our children, why is North Wildwood recreation department letting the marshland bushes to grow higher than the skateboard park? Please cut them down at least to the fence so that all the bugs do not bother the chldren who are trying to have some fun. Thank you.
—North Wildwood
Our school leader makes $130,000 for 65 kids, has a full time assistant in Avalon, supposedly works through the summer, and yet doesn't know a serious mold problem is starting until school is supposed to open. He should be ashamed or maybe we should for letting someone who just doesn't care be responsible for our children.
—Stone Harbor
People, put your own large trash in your yard. Just because I have a bulk item outside doesn't mean you can add to it. If I find out who's doing this I will call the cops and have you arrested for trespassing.
—Villas
Thanks to the Herald for running the Spout Offs. It is very entertaining.
—Avalon
I found a grill cover blowing around on 92nd Street in the 100 block. Please call 368-1230 to claim.
—Stone Harbor
The Dennis Township School has a new program that requires two years of kindergarten unless the student goes to the daycare center at the primary school. If the student attends the daycare, they only need one year. Doesn't that prove that the taxpayers have been paying the daycare?
—South Dennis
When I think of West Wildwood I think of the ole song...Where have all the good men (employees) gone? and then I remember they were illegally fired by Mayor Chuck. Instead of giving you the Golden Hammer Award the taxpayers should give you the Bronze Screwdriver Award. Because the only people being screwed here are the employees and the taxpayers.
—West Wildwood
My family and I want Mailman Mike back on 96th street.
—Stone Harbor
Mayor Walters you have lost all credibility with the voters. New Jersey has the reputation as one of the most corrupt states in the country. This corruption has spread to Stone Harbor. Karl Giulian decided not to pay his federal and state taxes for years. Yet he insisted that residents of Stone Harbor pay their taxes, since he was president of the council so he could spend their money. He betrayed his oath of office and was caught. Mayor Walters your shallow understanding of your office and your oath is showing. You will never get my vote again. You should resign along with Karl.
—Stone Harbor
An obnoxious customer at a pharmacy, this past Wednesday afternoon was creating a disturbance because her medicine took longer than estimated. She continually berated the clerk and manager in a loud voice. The pharmacy staff was very professional as they attempted to take care of her. This woman was out of control, and she should be happy the police were not called. Maybe she should see a different type of doctor for this problem, anger management.
—Court House
Being a Philly native, my kid a season ticket holder (RV and all for tailgating) you would think the decision would of been tough, absolutley not. The shelter will get my Eagle's jersey, fleece jacket, etc.. donated to keep them warm this winter. Scraping the bumper sticker off was a tough one, it’s been there so long. Maybe I can cheer on the Falcons, they are birds too, right? Atlanta...they got rid of Vick...go Falcons.
—Villas
What is wrong with the Republican and Democratic parties? You have Obama’s organization, Acorn, which has been shown to be a corrupt organization throughout the country. Voter fraud to promoting prostitution and child sex slavery, and yet you hear nothing from the political parties. Instead of investigating this group, their answer is to give them $8 billion taxpayer dollars. What is happening to our country?
—Avalon
For the Road Department in Middle Township: Can we please get road signs for our streets in Whitesboro that says “kids at play?” Why is it Whitesboro has to ask time and time again, and yet other road three blocks down on Penn Avenue has them all over. And you need to take up the stop signs on 13 curves that are nothing but woods for a deer that might come out. If we do not get road signs up for our kids soon, this may have to go to a higher up in Trenton. Thank you for your hard work.
—Whitesboro
Family night out was a big deal this year. Ha ha, a total of five in the big field. The bug spray did you in, and they only did it as the reunion was in town. They did nothing great but they never do. That’s why we need a new rec leader in Whitesboro. Someone who will do things for our kids…not put them down. They were kids one day. Guess they did no wrong.
—Whitesboro
We love to hear the horse and carriages go back and forth. However, WCM is very quiet late at night. The horse trot is pleasant but the hollering of the drivers from one carriage to the other has woken us up at night. Could they please converse before or after their trip home?
—West Cape May
Recently in your paper there was an article about flooding concerns for the nesting birds in the conservancy. An official stated "no problem, there were no nesting birds there." Then why can't we use this part of WCM's beach for sitting and sunning? We were told it was to protect the nesting birds.
—West Cape May
Who would you rather have speaking to your child? The President of The United States or a convicted felon? While the president was speaking to school children in Ill., Michael Vick was speaking to a class in Pa.
—South Dennis
I know some people here are acting like West Wildwood is a trailer park in the middle of rural Kansas, but the borough meeting was cancelled because of a tornado warning.
—West Wildwood
Is the school board really that childish that they would approach a builder about buying the school just to get a reaction from the council and see if he would talk to his “cronies?” I thought we had more intelligent people on the board but apparently I was mistaken.
—Sea Isle City
With all the new stores going up in town we are wondering what type of businesses might move in. Possibilities: tanning, adult , tattoo, massage, nails, hair, video, or beach supplies.
—Sea Isle City
Many Conservatives cannot accept the fact that the Supreme Court did not have the opportunity to overturn the popular vote favoring Obama the way they did in Florida to put Bush into office. Now Conservatives are faced with a president they don’t like pushing a social program they don’t want and find themselves unwilling to accept what American is becoming. To quote the Conservative mantra of days gone by, “America – Love It or Leave it!”
—Wildwood Crest
To the person who stole my grandfather's pocket watch from our Crest home several years ago: You have left ::removed:: in our hearts. We would be most appreciative if we could recover the watch. The house looks different now but same address. No punitive action will be taken. The watch was the only thing we had from our grandparents. Any information would be helpful.
—Wildwood Crest
(ED. NOTE: Years ago, and just now your report it?)
Its inexcusable that the general manager of Live Nation~Susquehanna Bank Center would not rectify the horrible mess of a seating arrangement that placed many people directly behind cameras and equipment at the Rascal Flatts concert Friday night. Offering nothing more than “a refund and you can go” response. He refused to take into account all the traveling, and expense we all had to go through to get seats behind concert equipment. Unbelievable for $100 seats.
—Upper Township
Late in August, my family vacationed on Ninth Street in Avalon. I was amazed at how the lifeguards (especially Senior Guard Bill) took special measures to ensure the safety of all the young children in the water. I was never so at ease with my children in the ocean. A great lifeguard and a great looking guy to boot.
—Avalon
To those in Avalon who complain about having their bikes stolen: Like the drill sergeant from “Full Metal Jacket” says, “If it weren't for :: fools :: like you there wouldn't be any thievery in this world.” When the bars let out at 2 a.m., drunks are looking for transportation. If you don't want your bike stolen, lock it up and stop your moaning.
—Avalon
What's with these people who put out their trash and recycling almost 24 hours before it is to be picked up. One neighbor in particular lines up his cans about 8 a.m. at the top of his driveway and by 3 p.m. his garbage is in the street for collection about 8 a.m. the next morning. Don't people have better things to do than prematurely stink up the neighborhood with their smelly garbage?
—Rio Grande
Someone should really tell the coach for the Rams that it's more effective to talk to kids than to scream in their faces. Let's try to keep the kids interested and not make them afraid to come to practice for fear of getting screamed at. Go Rams.
—Lower Township
The SICTA Water & Sewer Forum was very interesting. I was surprised to hear that some business owners don't want to pay their fair share of the costs and the City Administrator believes non-residents should pay more than residents.
—Sea Isle City
The Lower Township North Cape May Acme parking lot is full of very deep potholes. The businesses have leaking roofs. The owner of the shopping center needs to replace the roofs and resurface the parking lot.
—Cape May
The 300 block of Roseann Avenue in North Cape May had about 12 inches of rain Friday morning when I went to work. I was unable to pull my car out of the driveway and had to walk 1.5 blocks to be picked up by a colleague. The sewer system in this neighborhood is outdated. The money is available for this project overhaul. Why hasn't it been repaired /reconstructed?
—North Cape May
It's finally happened, my taxes for my main residence in Cherry Hill are lower than my house in Wildwood, which is less than half the size and one third the property. Somebody has to take charge and reduce the payroll in Wildwood. When I tell friends how many public employees are is this one-square mile town, they laugh in disbelief.
—Cherry Hill/Wildwood
To all the parents of tweens who let their kids ride around on bikes while they chat and text on their cell phones; have a talk with them before they become road kill.
—Cape May
Good luck to Middle Township football team this season. Let’s hope the head coach (6-14, two seasons) can figure out a way to win more than three games a year for once.
—Middle Township
I am Catholic therefore I can break the law. I go to church therefore the laws that apply to everyone else do not apply to me. I can park anywhere I want, on crosswalks, on yellow even on the sidewalk. I will not get a summons, because Wildwood police and traffic control look the other way. Because I am Catholic and I go to church, I do not have to abide by the law.
—Wildwood
Why are all but one of the elected officials boycotting the new church building program?
—Sea Isle City
It’s nice to see the fancy and different styles of motorcycles during biker weekend, but its getting annoying when you hear them revving their engines at like 1 a.m. in the morning. Where are the cops that should be monitoring our streets? I'm pretty sure Wildwood has some sort of noise ordinance.
—Wildwood
I always found it a bit strange that Wildwood has less motels then Wildwood Crest, but yet, has more of the boardwalk. Why is that?
—Wildwood
Can someone tell me why is it at the dog show it’s the same winners and most of them are the judges. I think if you have a good dog you will win…not there. Sign in late, kiss the judge and win. Your day will come when you are gonna feel what a loss is, just a matter of time. Trash I would say. We need new judges in the dog show.
—Cape May
Why does Wildwood have 118 more fulltime city employees than North Wildwood?
—Wildwood
To the spouter inquiring about the so-called rec thieves. They are not thieves because a councilman made accusations against them.
—Anglesea
Concerned Citizens of Whitesboro, this in is in reference to children at play and speed limit signs. I see we have a “drug free school zone” sign at the park. Well where is the school? It’s a park. There is also one “slow children” sign but good luck finding it. Maybe we should have a scavenger hunt to see who can find it. Maybe it is just me but I thought “children at play signs” should be posted in the area of parks.
—Whitesboro
The sex offender out of Flordia was not living in Whitesboro. He lived in Court House. He was just caught in Whitesboro. Stop trying to give Whitesboro a bad name.
—Whitesboro
On Sept.13 in North Wildwood at the pavilion located at Third Street and the beach, I witnessed an altercation between two men. I don't know either of them but it seems to me that it could have easily been avoided. If the owner of the small black dog did not let the dog run loose it would have never happened.
—North Wildwood
To the total loser who took the plant off my mothers porch the other day on Bayshore Road, Bayshore Nutrition Center, you know who you are...Let me just tell you something you :: fool ::. I bought that plant for my Mom who is undergoing chemo for breast cancer, she loved to sit on the porch late at night and rest and look at her plants, especially this one. Didn't anyone ever teach you some morals? It's not just about a plant here...grow up you loser. How dare you? Get a life and I hope you enjoy the plant.
—North Cape May
The woman who spoke near the end of the meeting on water and sewer rates was certainly confused. At no time did the presenters say the issue was non-residents v. business. It was also interesting to hear her speak for the owner of the ice company. Is he really going to move out of town because a new rate structure will save him money?
—Sea Isle City
Went to the Street Fair in Avalon to specifically buy tee shirts from the Avalon Chamber. Selection was small and I was told that the board was going to stop selling these shirts. Someone willing to pay $12 to wear a logo of a town, company or organization, why not sell it? It’s called branding and it is unbelievable that the board of directors has mandated not to sell the brand of Avalon.
—Avalon
What has happened to on line property charts in the last month?
—North Wildwood/Fox Chase
(ED. NOTE: Problem is being worked on.)
I am the son of a homeowner in Villas who has a well that has passed every Cape May County water test ever taken. My mother is being forced to change to "city" water. My mother is very distraught over this and I am also. She feels that this was orchestrated as another way to get money. I feel that if the water has passed standards, you shouldn’t have to change. You don’t put fix-a-flat in a tire that is holding air and is brand new.
—Cape May County
Please stop throwing the papers with the red wrappers all around the county. Most people do not pick them up and they are an eyesore and get chopped up by lawnmowers. If people want a newspaper they know where to buy them. We don't need them thrown everywhere.
—Lower Township
All the people voicing their opinion about Vick the Eagles new player I want to voice mine. I wish every one that stands up for animal rights would stand up for unborn children’s rights, abortions might stop. Vick paid for his mistake by jail time loss of money and respect. I love animals and do not agree with what he did but he paid his dues. Can't wait to see what all you guys have to say when Stallworth is allowed to play again. He did no jail time, paid the family off. That's right, he only killed a person by drinking and driving.
—North Cape May
To the two men who separately came to my house to sign a petition, stop pestering me. I don't believe in your type of politics. You make this place a horrible place to live.
—West Wildwood
I have visited the Tuna Club located in Cape May on more than one occasion this summer. A beautiful establishment and great people. I have but one question, why is there a child in the club after 9 p.m. at night?
—Cape May
Swedish scientists, according to Science Daily and Nature Geoscience, have taken another step further proving the University of Washington geologists correct that hydrocarbons are continually produced under high pressure, high temperature conditions in the Earth’s upper mantle. The hydrocarbons then seep into the upper crust as oil and natural gas. No wonder new oil fields are being found in Brazil, off of Louisiana, the Dakotas, Colorado, the Arctic and dozens of other places. We won't be running out of oil.
—Sea Isle City
What is with our school board? When they ran they talked about sending the kids to OC and the school would revert to the city and become a rec center, now they are trying to sell it to builders. They talked about it being cheaper to send the kids to OC, but now they are looking for money from the city or sell off the school. Guess the taxpayer is going to pay no matter what.
—Sea Isle City
As the owner of a vacation home in Sea Isle, I was shocked to hear city officials say that year round residents and businesses should pay less for water and sewer than we do. Talk about being second-class citizens with no rights…Sea Isle takes the cake.
—Sea Isle City
Why is it OK for Cape May City employees to use the “closed” convention hall “clean bathrooms” while all of us taxpayers who pay their salaries have to use the filthy, disgusting, public restrooms around the corner? Open the restrooms to all of us or close them completely.
—Cape May
I love my country, love my flag, love my God, love my rights, love my choices, love my $1,500 health insurance premium. All of you who do not love yours can move to Canada or to a country of your choice.
—Wildwood Crest
As soon as we welcomed back our old friend Wibbge, they’re gone again. Wildwood Days and Atlantic City nights are not really a hometown station any more or are they? They have disappeared to the family resort town with the ‘best beach,’ Ocean City. First our beach, then our ‘Oldies Radio’ what’s next to leave…tourists? Although you can still catch a song on the radio, our local jocks are nowhere to be found in Wildwood unless there’s a paycheck. Sorry Mr. Niagara and Mr. Lit…it’s just business now.
—Philadelphia
Sen. Arlen Specter referred to America as a civilized society. What rock has he been living under? Civilized, who’s he kidding? The last time America was civilized was the day before General Cornwallis packed up his red coats and sailed back to Britain. America has been uncivilized ever since that fateful date. Our ‘civilized’ society has more crime, crooked politicians, shootings, uneducated, homeless, wackos walking the streets with guns and more mayhem, violence than any other “civilized” society thanks to the likes of Sen. Specter and his ilk.
—Green Creek
I wonder why the major networks didn’t show the peaceful protests, (tea parties,) and the more intelligent, thoughtful signs that appeared in last weekend’s 9-12 Project protests. In Washington D. C. alone, there were 60,000 people, elderly, black, white, and young people from all walks of life, deeply concerned about the direction our country is going in...more government intrusion in our lives, and debt that not only our children, but our grandchildren and their children will have to pay.
—Stone Harbor

I think the spouter saying they didn't want ice cream vendors misunderstood my suggestion. I don't want ice cream trucks ringing their bells up and down the streets of the Crest. My suggestion was for the "ice cream man" to walk the beach like they do in North Wildwood. It would put people to work including college kids, generate revenue for the Crest and provide a service to the people and their children. What's the down side?
—Wildwood Crest
(ED. NOTE: Cold ice cream on a hot beach day? Sounds great!)

A skeleton crew of Wildwood and Wildwood Crest beach patrol lifeguards come into work at noon and stay until 8 p.m. for "after hours" beach protection. This saves the city from having to pay overtime. Why hasn't the NWBP followed the same process?
—North Wildwood
Just a note of thanks and gratefulness to our Waste Management employees (trash men). I am so very grateful for all they do. I've recently had extensive surgery and my husband, due to a stroke, is unable to bring our cans to the curb. As a result, I forgot this week and left them by our fence. In spite of the inconvenience they came and picked up our trash even though it wasn't at the curb.
—Villas
(ED. NOTE: A word of thanks makes for great reading among all t e complaints.)
The North Wildwood OEM is headed by the beach patrol chief. What qualifies this person is anyone’s guess as his job description is a special program coordinator for the recreation department.
—North Wildwood
No wonder our water and sewer bills are so high. Certain businesses who are "in" with the city get a huge break on their bills. The city administrator believes the year round residents shouldn't pay as much as the part time owners. Isn't this taxation without representation?
—Sea Isle City
I would like to know why Jimmy Dean sausages are now in a 12-ounce package vs. 16 ounce? How am I supposed to feed a family of five with a couple dozen eggs, T-Bone steak, and a 12-ounce patty of sausage?
—Court House
(ED. NOTE: Why not cook ‘em grits?)
I would like to thank Officer Bill Fowkes and citizens Gene Garvin and Dave Moniz for their help in apprehending the Stone Harbor Stinky Skunk Beat farm Bandit. Without their help an innocent child could have been sprayed. May our town smell better forever.
—Stone Harbor
What's with all the drug activity on Kentucky? I think Sheriff Schaffer needs a tip about the four houses selling drugs. Fair warning guys.
—Villas
Let’s go Lower Cape May Regional!
—Villas
I have a son that plays for the Middle Township youth football program. Chuck McDonnell the rec director has done a great job this year with the program. Thank you, Chuck, for being there for the kids in Middle Township.
—Middle Township
We need a leader to run the King Center. Bob Jackson is a proven leader that will make sure the kids in the community will have a place that they can go and the doors will be open. If not Bob, please find someone.
—Middle Township
Why isn't the Herald Newspaper doing its own investigation into the voter fraud in Wildwood? There's certainly been enough letters to the editor and articles with credible evidence in the newspapers. Art Hall comes off as a very moral man, but ignores the people of Wildwood's civil rights being walked all over? He's one person in a position to help the people.
—Wildwood
(ED. NOTE: The matter has been through court. An election is scheduled Dec. 8. Facts have been reported as the spouter indicated.)
To the person/persons who tried to throw a seven-week-old kitten off the Sea Isle Bridge: What a horrendous act of animal cruelty. Little Beamer survived, but is waiting for surgery to remove his left front leg. You see, he didn't go over the bridge, but bounced off the bridge wall and landed in the middle of the bridge. He is now in foster care receiving all the love and care he needs and deserves.
—Sea Isle City
We are losing all the sand that was pumped with just one storm. We need to investigate other means to protect and replenish the beaches. Also what happened to the money that was supposed to be spent on snow fences?
—Sea Isle City
Thanks to the efforts of the two Lower Township police officers who helped save Jamie he is coming back strong. It looks like he will walk again, but he still has a long road ahead. Again, thank you from the family.
—Court House
I am also an unhappy beach box renter. Several phone calls have gone unanswered. All of these boxes are in horrible condition. Shame on Cape May for not having a reliable person to examine this clutter on the beach. The person in charge of the blue boxes should have their eyes examined…right after they laugh all the way to the bank.
—Cape May
Are the handicapped resident parking spaces supposed to be used for storage? Check out the SUV on Hughes with an expired (by over a year) inspection sticker that hasn't been moved in weeks.
—Cape May
When Commissioner DeMarzo ran for office he ran on a slate for "Transparent Government." While his efforts may be truthful he utilizes the media to put blame on others and relies on a group of followers to place libelous remarks on line anonymously. It is still illegal to make these false claims even if with fictitious names. It is also easier to track you down electronically and pass them on to the proper authorities.
—Wildwood
The Democratic Congress is cutting $1.7 billion from Medicare for cardiac and cancer doctors and treatments. The new payment schedule, which starts Jan 1, 2010, will not cover the real expenses of the doctors and treatments seniors need. This is backdoor medical rationing and denial of treatment. How can a doctor take care of you if she doesn't even make enough to pay her office overhead? Solution, don't be a heart or cancer doctor. Then there will be a shortage and not enough doctors to treat seniors. Who needs death panels to off the old? Just don't treat their heart ailments and their cancer.
—Erma
To the spouters complaining about the ice cream guys on the beach: The Fudgy Wudgy guys are not a moneymaker for the city. They are veterans who buy and assemble their own carts and buy their own ice cream to sell with permission from the city. They aren't overly loud or obnoxious and they'll bring "ice cold water" right to your towel. I agree with the spouter who wants to allow them in Crest. Support our veterans. They've sure done a lot for us.
—Wildwood Crest

When you read the crime report in an area newspaper, you notice that most towns had a decrease in crime from 2007 to 2008. Not in Stone Harbor, they had an increase. More cops, but more crime. Maybe they should stop making 500 car stops a month, and start to try to prevent crime. Maybe if you treated us taxpayers with respect we could help you prevent crime. We should all work together.
—Stone Harbor
Mayor Doughty, listen up. Eight-six the red tape and authorize a safe pedestrian walkway from Lowe’s parking lot to the store entrance to stop the speeding cars before one of your constituents gets squashed.
—Green Creek
To the person from Villas complaining about the Press delivered red bags: What kind of medication are you on?
—Villas
Laws are made to protect the people who reside in the cities of the US. The legal age for drinking and/or buying alcohol in New Jersey is 21. If any person uses another person's identity to break the law by falsely claming to be 21, they should be arrested for doing so. The state prosecutes and fines the owner of the bar when this person has entered illegally so why should they not be physically arrested? Do they use the same license when driving a car?
—Anglesea
The establishment in Sea Isle is at it again. As soon as anyone raises questions or brings out facts that show what is wrong, they start a series of personal attacks. It should be clear after the statements made by city officials on Saturday, part-time owners should only pay their unfair water and sewer bills and shut up.
—Sea Isle City
To the Middle Township capitalist reader who claims that all military or other government employees should quit our jobs because you are tired of paying our Socialist way, let me say, If ignorance is bliss, then you must be in heaven. Being retired military, I am truly offended that you can lay under the blanket of freedom that my brothers and sisters in arms and myself have provided, and claim that you are tired of providing for us. Not only do we pay taxes on our income and our retirement checks, we also pay for our medical insurance. So we kind of pay our own salary.
—Villas
During last week’s flood it has been said that raw sewerage was flowing into the streets. Why didn't the city make an announcement?
—Sea Isle City
If the State of New Jersey is so green, why is it so hard to install a 1K vertical windmill, which will take up no space on my property? It is a disgrace that between the application, permit and variances, it will cost me about $1000 to install a system that is only $4,500. The State of New Jersey makes if very difficult to do good for the environment.
—Del Haven
Welcome bikers: Sept. 10-13 on the “Block that Rocks.” VFW took the prize.
—Wildwood
It is so obvious there is something fishy about the lighthouse land deal. I have never seen a variance, subdivision and bond ordinance passed so quickly? When will the media investigate this? The taxpayers deserve answers of how their money is spent and who benefits by it.
—North Wildwood

In response to the spouter correcting another stating that di-hydrogen oxide is water. No, sorry, you are wrong. Water or H2O is Hydrogen Oxide. Di-Hydrogen Oxide is a harmful compound that can mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. I guess you don't know much about chemistry.
—Wildwood
An editor's note to a recent spout-off stated that New Jersey has yet to initiate an "Exit Tax." Have you checked the one-way tolls on the bridges? It's free to enter New Jersey but the "Exit Tax" is charged when leaving the state via Delaware River and Hudson River/Staten Island crossings.
—Cape May County
(ED. NOTE: Missed that one!)
This is to the spouter who wants people with cash or credit to wait till after the fifth to go to the food store because of a lack of parking, are you for real? I like most people are very busy. We go to the store when we have the chance to. If you can’t find parking, get up and get to the store 15 -20 minutes before it opens and stand at the front door and wait for them to unlock it
—Villas
I previously submitted a spout stating that those code enforcement jobs were created for the sole purpose of giving friends and family supplemental income and medical benefits, namely Koehler & Boyle. The Herald chose not to print it. Let's see who they give the new construction code official jobs to now that NW pulled out of COWCO.
—North Wildwood
To the non-Phillies fan from Cape May: Leave the Phillies alone. So what if they lost the series against the Astros, they moved on and you need to move on too. Funny how you're dragging them through the dirt, yet they are in first place and ahead seven games at the moment. It may be even more after they play Washington tonight. So back off Ibanez and Lidge, and like all true Phillies fans say, Go Phils.
—Middle Township
Why is it that some of our charming small town residents still believe the mayor is running this town well? Have you gotten your water bill for the past six months? Have you noticed that he has a lawsuit against a former employee in spite of being directed by the State to rehire? Who will pay those legal bills? We will; those of us who can't vote but pay the highest taxes in town. Wake up citizens and educate yourselves with the truth.
—West Wildwood
Thank you to the spouter who fully described the nepotism in the Lower school system. I, too, have tried to teach in these schools, and have been directly told it is virtually impossible because it is a closed system of favoritism.
—Cape May
My wife and I ordered two meatball sandwiches from a place in North Wildwood, and when I picked them up I almost fell over when they charged me over $19. On the way home I thought boy for that price they must be really good, but I was wrong, the meatballs were cold and the bread was hard. I don't mind paying for good food but the sandwiches were terrible. Never again.
—North Wildwood
Went to Harbor Furniture in North Wildwood to check out some bedding and was totally impressed. After checking out Raymour and Flannigan, Sears, JC Penney, and Sam’s, they were the best. We walked in, picked it out, it was in stock and they delivered within one hour. Nice staff, nice delivery people and we stayed local.
—North Wildwood
What has happened to the wonderful Whitesboro Historical Museum? Is it closed for good? It was always a lovely way to spend a rainy afternoon with the grandchildren.
—Stone Harbor/Bryn Mawr
Thank God and Mother Nature for giving the owner of the Cove Restaurant a well deserved break from dealing with the City of Cape May on the sand dune issue. The Cove has their view again, and I am sure the city is pondering a way to get "in the way" again. Mother Nature 1...Cape May 0.
—Upper Dublin, Pa./N. Cape May
Tell President Obama, he may not be raising taxes to pay for his hospitalization plan, but, the people on Social Security are paying for it with his no-increase till 2012. No taxes! Just using senior citizens to pay for it.
—Villas
To the Rio Grande spouters who are happy about the "abandoned" trains being removed from Rio Grande: There were no abandoned trains in Rio Grande, only vandalized trains. They have been moved to a "safer" place. Who vandalized the trains, Rio Grande residents? Or, did someone come from afar to do the dirty work? Why were the Middle Township police unable to catch anyone in the act?
—Rio Grande
I have attended every meeting at North Wildwood City Hall pertaining to the purchase of Open Space behind the Lighthouse. Every aspect of that deal has been talked about in the open at each and every meeting. I am baffled by the Spout Offs that continue to try and cast a negative light on this deal. This deal is good for the city, the lighthouse and future generations. Why people can't get over petty politics for the good of the city is beyond me.
—North Wildwood
If the Cape May County Board of Elections and the Wildwood politicians do not listen, start writing to the NJ attorney general. Provide specifics they will listen.
—Wildwood
I have to laugh at the spouter, I am sure it is the same person, who keeps revealing "new" details about the open space purchase in North Wildwood. If this "concerned citizen" would have taken the time to attend any of the multiple public meetings where this issue was discussed, they would realize that their "new" details have been talked about in public for several months now.
—North Wildwood
Rep. Joe Wilson's outburst during the president's speech may not have been racist, but it was definitely rude. The president of our country deserves respect regardless of your political affiliation and even when you disagree with his point of you view or message. What message are we giving our children?
—Wildwood
Just spouting off in a favorable way to the city fathers for turning the city around. Progress is being made to bring the city into the 21st century. Promenade recoated, repairs made on the railings, boardwalk by the bay is nice, keep up the good work.
—Sea Isle City
Thank you, Lower Township police, for finally making Jacksonville Avenue a safe place for our children to play. It is a pleasure to see the 70-year-old man busted for heroin sales. I hope he never gets out of jail.
—Villas
I just read that the Shelton Family home is up for sheriff sale on Sept. 30. What else can this nice family endure? Is there not anything we can do to stop this so the wife and daughter can recover in their own home?
—Lower Township
The Middle Township School Board is paying Landgraff until February to keep his mouth shut. He practically ran the district while he was there and he knows all their dirty little secrets.
—Court House
In reference to the comment about the drug dealer, you are right. I, too, used to live on Jacksonville. The 300 block, and I often saw cop cars outside that drug home and they never came out of the car. The dealing has been going on for many years.
—Somers Point
Does anyone know how to contact Curbside Can Service?
—Cape May Point
Saturday night past my friend and I decided to walk from the Lions Center up to Atlantic Avenue to see what the fuss was about with the motorcycles. We sat on the Post Office steps and watched the beautiful but loud bikes with the young people all dressed in black outfits. We totally enjoyed the night and Lord willing will be back again next year.
—Wildwood
To the Stone Harbor spouter, doesn’t it make more sense to teach our children to yield to motor vehicles on the road instead of saying just walk across the street because the law says they have to stop for you. I mean half of seniors cant see 50 feet in front of them. So don’t teach the kids to walk in front of moving vehicles. Teach them to stop and look before crossing the road.
—Court House
The south end beaches have been destroyed by the NE winds and it will take a minimum of 5-7 years to get any chance of beach replenishment. Why doesn't NJ buy a dredge of it's own and it can just pump up and down the coast?
—Townsend Inlet
I agree with the Villas spouter about the Press Extra all over Villas. The red bags are starting to make our street look :: lousy ::. Does anyone know who we can call to complain to, to have this stopped? Perhaps if everyone started spouting off and calling the township to complain, we can resolve this.
—Villas
The current NJ government continues to raid dedicated funds and moving dollars into the bloated General Fund. The latest being the DEP and Energy fund. I hope we remember in November how this government stole from dedicated funds. The state can't pay electric bills so they raid the energy fund. If the State is in such bad shape, how come politicians aren't taking a 25 percent cut in pay and benefits? They got us into this mess.
—Swainton
The mayor recently said, “We’re in this stinkin’ hole and can’t get out of it.” He suggested, “Maybe the state should try to resolve the city’s budget mess.” Mr. Mayor, it’s time to throw in the towel and resign. You admit you don’t have a clue. So give someone else a chance to get Wildwood some tax relief.
—Wildwood
That was quite a collection of sheeple, Martians and automatons gathered in Washington, D. C. to protest Obama’s policies.
—Avalon
I am a local senior looking for a volunteer position using my word processing skills. I have searched the Web with no success. Isn't any organization out there in need of my skills? It would be a help to both volunteers and the community if the Herald would post some opportunities that are out there.
—Rio Grande
This is for the rec as I call it. You ask me what I do for Whitesboro. I do nothing like the rest of you. The rec is not torn up like you try to make people believe, and if you feel you had a bad hand dealed to you, well throw it in. Like I said, we need a new leader.
—Whitesboro
Thank you Urie's! I lost my wallet at Uries Saturday evening Sept. 5. I discovered it was missing the next morning. We spent frantic time searching the car and walkways around our home with no luck. I went back to Urie's but the building was still locked. I called a number listed on the door. The women asked me to describe my wallet, and she said they had it. Since I was standing outside she came right out.
—North Wildwood
Does anyone know the name of the Marina at 1 Venice Avenue West Wildwood? It has too many boats and blocks the right of way. (17 boats behind one house)
—West Wildwood
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Spout Off - The PRINTED EDITION All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: