Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

We are still way behind
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beachnutz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: We are still way behind Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/06/heres-a-map-of-the-countries-that-provide-universal-health-care-americas-still-not-on-it/259153/

The above is the countries with universal health care. I also looked up the "happiest countries to live in" All of those countries have a universal health care.
maximus99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: We are still way behind Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/06/heres-a-map-of-the-countries-that-provide-universal-health-care-americas-still-not-on-it/259153/

The above is the countries with universal health care. I also looked up the "happiest countries to live in" All of those countries have a universal health care.

Those countries have very little diversity.

When Obamacare is in full effect and Americans are not happy living in crime ridden, graffiti covered neighborhoods with tons of trash, diversity and bad schools(thanks diversity) what will be your new excuse?
maximus99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: We are still way behind Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:

When are the inner city Dems going to get up to speed on education? You don't want to be way behind.
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The easiest way to compensate for free healthcare is to eliminate the fuel subsidies provided by the federal govt. Raise gasoline to $7 a gallon and then reallocate that to healthcare. Simple. Wait til that happens.

Just like Europe.
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:
The easiest way to compensate for free healthcare is to eliminate the fuel subsidies provided by the federal govt. Raise gasoline to $7 a gallon and then reallocate that to healthcare. Simple. Wait til that happens.

Just like Europe.

What has our way gotten us except the biggest income disparity and the most expensive healthcare? What do we have that W Europeans don't have?
RealMan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: We are still way behind Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:

Have you considered moving there?
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

2 to 3 dollar gas for one Sharkey. Lets calculate $7 a gallon to each citizens commute. Or add that to the cost of public transportation. Ill respect your math. Show me the numbers.
SeaGee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: We are still way behind Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:

Now if only we could spread this message to all the immigrants that are trying to get in, and perhaps convince some of the ones that are here already, especially the illegals, that there are greener pastures elsewhere...
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:
2 to 3 dollar gas for one Sharkey. Lets calculate $7 a gallon to each citizens commute. Or add that to the cost of public transportation. Ill respect your math. Show me the numbers.

$2-$3 gas? When was the last time we had $2 dollar gas. Europeans, to keep from being more dependent on foreign fuel, wisely invested in mass trans. Here, in the US...you pretty much have to have a car. Our trans infrastructure is based on it. Special interests through a lot of money at our lawmakers to make sure it stays that way. Are we better off because of $3-$4 gas? No..they probably are better off having their advanced mass trans systems.

Thanks for your confidence, but I don't know the math to that one. I'm sure there are estimates somewhere on the web though.
beachnutz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: We are still way behind Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SeaGee wrote:
beachnutz wrote:

Now if only we could spread this message to all the immigrants that are trying to get in, and perhaps convince some of the ones that are here already, especially the illegals, that there are greener pastures elsewhere...

Look at the map! The majority of people trying to get in are from the countries like us that do not have healthcare and no jobs
beachnutz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: We are still way behind Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

RealMan wrote:
beachnutz wrote:

Have you considered moving there?

Instead of moving there I try to vote so our country can better itself like the other countries with healthcare.
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:

Just like Europe.

Only problem is...cars in Europe get doule the gas mileage as ours.
Scorpion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
$2-$3 gas? When was the last time we had $2 dollar gas.

BEFORE Obama-rama was elected.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
sixpointstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Shotzi21 wrote:
Long_Duk_Dong wrote:

Just like Europe.

They buy gas by the liter, Their mileage is base on kilometers One kilometer is a little more than half of a mile. What they pay for one liter, We Americans get almost a gallon. Are you really sure that you want that Europe life style? The cars, that get that much distance, that run on gas, that you speak of are made the size of sardin cans. The stronger metal cars made in those countries run on Diesel. Shotzi, you sound like the sharky poster.
sixpointstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
Quote:

Sharky, who was the first USA president that bowed to the Arab?
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sorry Sharks.....I meant ad 2 or 3 dollars per gallon of gas for all US citizens. See how that works out.
robtpost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sixpointstar wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Quote:

With all due respect to everyone, the president doesn't have the power to set oil prices. Oil prices are set on a world market and if a President Gingrich said gas will cost $2.00 a gallon, all of the oil in the world would go to the people who would pay 3, 4, 10 or twenty dollars a gallon with nothing left over. The only ways to get cheap gas are to 1, reduce demand for the product, or 2, increase supply of a finite resource to such a level as to be unsustainable.
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sorry Robpost.....our cheap gas is a result of subsidies even after the gas tax that does not show up on your gas station receipt. Another hidden tax. Refining capacity is the biggest factor.
robtpost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes, and can you imagine the subsidies that would be required to advance your dream? Subsidies aren't free, we all pay for them. Subsidies given to otherwise healthy industries are a waste of money.
Have you noticed that the refineries all seem to need maintenance at the same time? There is enough capacity to refine the oil we "need" it is all a matter of how much you will, not want, to pay for ir.
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Please define "my dreams". All the refineries were probably built in the 70s. Hence upgrades would in fact be along the same timeline. How much do we "need" rob? Do you drive a car....heat your house....buy or use anything plastic which is in fact petroleum based? Let us all know how much "you" need.
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sixpointstar wrote:
Scorpion wrote:
Quote:

Sixer, the problem with you far-right crazies is that you prefer symbol over action. The question you should be asking is...."what President actually did the most to reduce our dependence on foreign oil?" That is the action. That is what is important. Obama enacted tough fuel economy requirements and invested in mass transportation. We are also producing more oil than ever before and are projected to become the leading oil producing country by 2020. Obama also tried to reduce government subsidies to the rich oil companies making record profits. Republicans went bananas.

Second Sixer, maybe you could tell me what President kissed and held hands with a Saudi King? I'll give you a hint..it was the last Republican President. I rather see him bow than smooch and hold hands like a teenage girl. Apparently, that doesn't bother you. I think I know why.

Oh..by the way...gas prices more than doubled under George Bush...and hit the all time high under than walking disaster. You just aren't too bright.

Last edited by sharks-eat-commies on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:28 am; edited 4 times in total
villainesta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the basic problem we face in the US is there is no elite with a master plan to create a civilization worthy of our rhetoric. so we get McMansions built with thin bits of wood and vinyl and strip malls and let's not forget BIG boxes.All this require gasoline...lots and lots of it to keep going. The day the gas stops...kaput! It's all over and it won't be pretty.Europe has a functioning mass transit system infrastructure. just as Russia did wen it collapsed. The place survived because the average Ivan had a government provided solid living structure and a mass transit system. the population was used to getting screwed by the commissars who shopped at special stores so the little guys were used to growing their own food in gardens. They didn't have to worry about losing their living quarters to rapacious bankers. When the gas stops the US will get a chance to live out the fantasies of the Sun Belt Pioneers big time.
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Average Ivan? Go back from whence you came Chevinista. Although most of those nirvanas have collapsed.
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sixpointstar wrote:
Shotzi21 wrote:
Long_Duk_Dong wrote:

Just like Europe.

They buy gas by the liter, Their mileage is base on kilometers One kilometer is a little more than half of a mile. What they pay for one liter, We Americans get almost a gallon. Are you really sure that you want that Europe life style? The cars, that get that much distance, that run on gas, that you speak of are made the size of sardin cans. The stronger metal cars made in those countries run on Diesel. Shotzi, you sound like the sharky poster.

Really? Oh glad you explained all that to me. Rolling Eyes I never would have known they sold gas by the liter....I mean, just because it STATES that at all the gas stations over there.

FULL SIZE Volvo suv, leather, loaded....47 MPG. That's right...47 MILES PER GALLON
Smart car.....here 30 something mph, there 71 mpg.

And wow! Another news flash.....they get this mileage going 100 mph. Some cars such as the FULL SIZE VOLVO SUV actually have both on the odometer. WOW!!!!

Go over and see and stop listening to the newspapers and fox news.
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Me thinks Shotzi has never fueled up in Europe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: