Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Wisconsin to Return Surplus to Taxpayers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tea Bag

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Wisconsin to Return Surplus to Taxpayers Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The typical Wisconsin homeowner will save approximately $680 over four years under a new $100 million property tax relief plan.

After increasing 27 percent for a decade prior to 2011, median-valued homeowner property taxes will have dropped in three consecutive years. Once Governor Walker’s term is completed in 2015, property taxes for the median-valued home will be lower than when he took office in January 2011.

The $100 million investment in property tax relief comes from higher than expected growth in state revenue due to our growing economy and job creation. In addition, under the leadership and prudent fiscal management of Governor Walker and the Republican legislature, the State of Wisconsin spent less money than anticipated in the last fiscal year.

“This investment is another sign of Wisconsin’s continued economic success, and it’s a product of our sound management of the state’s finances,” said Senate Majority Leader Fitzgerald. “This is another huge win for the taxpayers – our reforms are working.”

“Our smart fiscal decisions have produced surpluses and continued investments to our rainy day fund,” said Speaker Vos. “In addition to the one billion dollars in income tax relief this biennium, property owners will now receive some additional relief.”

Due to reforms and property tax controls, typical Wisconsin homeowners will save $680 over four years compared to the prior four-year trend.

Governor Walker issued an Executive Order, this week, calling a special session of the legislature to quickly pass the property tax relief bill and two other economic development issues.

“In the decade prior to our taking office, property taxes on a median-valued home skyrocketed by 27 percent,” Governor Walker said. “Now, because of our tough, but prudent decisions, we’re able to invest $100 million in property tax relief for Wisconsin’s hardworking families, farmers, and seniors.”

http://wisconsindailyindependent.com/tax-relief-coming-to-wisconsin-homeowners/
john

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Wisconsin to Return Surplus to Taxpayers Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tea Bag wrote:
The typical Wisconsin homeowner will save approximately $680 over four years under a new $100 million property tax relief plan.

After increasing 27 percent for a decade prior to 2011, median-valued homeowner property taxes will have dropped in three consecutive years. Once Governor Walker’s term is completed in 2015, property taxes for the median-valued home will be lower than when he took office in January 2011.

The $100 million investment in property tax relief comes from higher than expected growth in state revenue due to our growing economy and job creation. In addition, under the leadership and prudent fiscal management of Governor Walker and the Republican legislature, the State of Wisconsin spent less money than anticipated in the last fiscal year.

“This investment is another sign of Wisconsin’s continued economic success, and it’s a product of our sound management of the state’s finances,” said Senate Majority Leader Fitzgerald. “This is another huge win for the taxpayers – our reforms are working.”

“Our smart fiscal decisions have produced surpluses and continued investments to our rainy day fund,” said Speaker Vos. “In addition to the one billion dollars in income tax relief this biennium, property owners will now receive some additional relief.”

Due to reforms and property tax controls, typical Wisconsin homeowners will save $680 over four years compared to the prior four-year trend.

Governor Walker issued an Executive Order, this week, calling a special session of the legislature to quickly pass the property tax relief bill and two other economic development issues.

“In the decade prior to our taking office, property taxes on a median-valued home skyrocketed by 27 percent,” Governor Walker said. “Now, because of our tough, but prudent decisions, we’re able to invest $100 million in property tax relief for Wisconsin’s hardworking families, farmers, and seniors.”

http://wisconsindailyindependent.com/tax-relief-coming-to-wisconsin-homeowners/

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Rolling Eyes
sixpointstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yoony girl all those Z's is what makes you, you fool. What's this I hear about you and spazz ? When is the gay wedding date? Will it be in the month of May? You two will make a perfect family. Will Lady GA GA be performing as Minister or lead band singer? Is Duk included on your gay wedding guest list? I had no idea that Duk swam in that pool. I hope for his sake, that he was just jestering around with you.
spazcat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

more gay bashing from sixpack, did you give up being a racist? as National Director of Racial Purity you better stick to what you do best! take the the dive into that empty cement pond wacko! Cool
Scorpion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
more gay bashing from sixpack, did you give up being a racist? as National Director of Racial Purity you better stick to what you do best! take the the dive into that empty cement pond wacko! Cool

Because "gay bashing", gay jokes and gay innuendoes are only funny when they come from spaz and company. Go figure!

What do you call someone who is compelled to mention "RACE" in every thread as an accusation against people he doesn't agree with? SPAZCAT aka lefty32.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Wisconsin to Return Surplus to Taxpayers Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tea Bag wrote:

So homeowners are getting back $170 per year? Wow Rolling Eyes
Shame they couldn't have done that without violating public employee contracts and vilifying public workers. The average homeowner could save that much and more by simply putting their pocket change into a jar every week.
spazcat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

and where did the bulk of the money go? into the pockets of donors and friends with no bid contracts and sweetheart deals. sacrifice the middle class of Wisconsin for a coupla of hundred bucks, great tradeoff! and exactly and its a one shot deal, there won't be any checks next year and the middle class will still be destroyed...brilliant! Rolling Eyes
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think they should have allocated the entire surplus to the unions. Now that is where you get you moneys worth. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:
I think they should have allocated the entire surplus to the unions. Now that is where you get you moneys worth. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The only laughable thing here is that the politicians in Wisconsin actually think $170 a year is something to brag about.

What a joke.
john

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JerseyDevil wrote:
Long_Duk_Dong wrote:

The only laughable thing here is that the politicians in Wisconsin actually think $170 a year is something to brag about.

What a joke.

Don't be so fast JDevil . That $170 amounts to about $.47 a day .

With that munificent sum , you could buy a ______________( you can fill in the blank ) .
spazcat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

...dimwitted republican voter! what did i win? Razz
Scorpion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hold on there....although the rates haven't been set in Wisconsin as of yet, there is a good possibility this $170 might cover a month of the premium payment for ACA in that state.

The amount may not be a lot, but it's found money. Many living on fixed incomes would be grateful for that money. Ingrates like yourselves should donate that measly amount to a neighbor in need or a good cause instead of scoffing about it.

spazcat 9/23/2013
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wow Scorp....sometimes you actually amaze me. But most times, not so much. Wink
spazcat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the amazing thing about scorp is how much he talks and how little he has to say. thank god for the wacky cartoons! Cool
Scorpion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spaz-maniac seems to be running low on creativity.

spazcat 9/23/2013
spazcat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

scorp being the president of the know nothings, i'm going to guess wacky cartoon...how did i do? Shocked
Scorpion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
scorp being the president of the know nothings, i'm going to guess wacky cartoon...how did i do? Shocked

Kreskin, you're not. You're the only whacky thing on this thread. Laughing

spazcat 9/23/2013
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Can you imagine JD's response if they raised taxpayer obligations by $170.
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:
Can you imagine JD's response if they raised taxpayer obligations by $170.

I probably wouldn't even notice it in my own tax bill. Of course if the politicians starting lecturing me about how much they need the money, inversely like they're tooting their own horns about what a great job they've done to get this "savings", I'd have plenty to say about the increase. Wisconsin has given this 'discount' in much the same way that NJ used to provide Homestead Rebate checks, at the expense of public employees.
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Of course not. Yet I have read many negative spouts about a 50 dollar increase in the water bills. At what expense to the "employees"? Most who got money back are not municipal union hacks. You would not notice it because you have a cushy union/govt job.
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:
Of course not. Yet I have read many negative spouts about a 50 dollar increase in the water bills. At what expense to the "employees"? Most who got money back are not municipal union hacks. You would not notice it because you have a cushy union/govt job.

People have the right to complain about whatever they want to complain about. That $50 increase in the water bill may actually affect someone adversely but that would mean that their budget is so strict that even a small change in expenses would be a big problem. Of course that would mean that they were poor so shame on them for not working harder or starting their own business, right?

I would not notice it because I live well within my means, always have. How "cushy" my job may or may not be has no bearing on my income and how I spend it. After all, it is only 47 cents a day.

As for the expense to the employees...NJ raided the pension system to pay for give backs to the tax payers. One of the biggest of those was the Homestead Rebate which was paid for from public employee pensions. Wisconsin has similarly gouged public employees, negating their contracts and slashing their income/benefits and jeopardizing the financial well being of every public employee, but most notoriously teachers, just so they can say, “Our smart fiscal decisions have produced surpluses and continued investments to our rainy day fund” and cut everyone a check for 47 cents a day.....all at the expense of public employees.
spazcat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hard to believe dum duc only believes in the worst of the pols he claims to hate. I guess honoring a contract and fair dealing don't come up much in SH. Rolling Eyes
Scorpion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

How is it fair dealing when the people obligated to pay up have no say in negotiations, aren't aware of what is actually being negotiated and after union bosses and lawyers agree on a deal, have no idea what is in the contract.

Public employee unions should be outlawed. The contractual greed cannot be sustained any longer.

spazcat 9/23/2013
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
How is it fair dealing when the people obligated to pay up have no say in negotiations, aren't aware of what is actually being negotiated and after union bosses and lawyers agree on a deal, have no idea what is in the contract.

Public employee unions should be outlawed. The contractual greed cannot be sustained any longer.

I think the biggest reasons for your disdain for public unions and contracts are
1) You seem to ignore the fact that YOU help elect public officials who are your representatives in all things associated with that level of government. Like it or not, they obligate you and everyone else within their jurisdiction by their decisions.

2) Public contracts are available for the public to view.

3) Contracts, generally aren't negotiated in the public eye or with the public's input because most members of the public don't understand the process and more input/opinions equal longer negotiations, essentially negating the point of electing representatives to various levels of government. Imagine if the public was 'consulted' every time a dollar had to be spent. The people who live around the corner from you would vote down the paving of your street if it came before theirs.

We ALL have a right to negotiate. Next time the plumber comes over and fixes your problem, don't pay him. Tell him you didn't anticipate that it would cost so much and that you have other financial obligations. Do the same with your cell phone carrier or the electric company. That's basically what NJ and Wisconsin did to public employees. The difference is though, your cable company can simply stop service until you pay to limit additional losses and they can sue you or send your bill to a collection agency to recoup what they're owed. The small business owner (plumber) can do the same thing but if enough people decide not to pay him after services rendered, he stands a good chance of losing his business and everything else paid for with that income.

I don't think anyone is being greedy for expecting to get what they negotiated for and the other party agreed to pay. If anyone is greedy in any of these scenarios, it's the people who received services or goods and then declined to make payment on what was owed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: