Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Affordable Care Act
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramjet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Affordable Care Act Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

My guess is the vast amount of Americans, including myself, are rather confused about whether the new Health Care act will be bad or good for the country. I think the republicans are giving us a huge clue though.
Assuming everything the political parties do is to strengthen their power. Then if Obamacare was so bad. Why wouldn't they let it take effect, Have the American people truly see how bad it is, then win in a landslide repeal it and put what they want in? The way they are behaving it appears that it may be an improvement causig the Democrats to gain power. Hmmmmm.
beachnutz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

another view from an award winning writer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/20/wonkbook-shutting-down-the-government-wont-stop-obamacare-it-might-even-help-it/
spazcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Goes to show the tea party republicans are even dummer than we thought! Which i didn't think was possible. Shocked
Ramjet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

An intelligent person doesn't allow themselves to be a political pawn. The Tea Party is and has been established as the poor wing of the Republican party. Time to Time they lose control of it and now with this government shut down threat. All may implode.
john

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
Goes to show the tea party republicans are even dummer than we thought! Which i didn't think was possible. Shocked

They went from dumb to ......crazy . Rolling Eyes
Tea Bag

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The majority of Americans actually do want to retain their health care. They will not under the Affordable Care Act.

Waivers have been given to previous supporters of the Act.

Unions want out.

By law Congress was supposed to be included. Now, they are exempt from it.

It will probably collapse upon itself, but not before collapsing the economy through loss of jobs and or loss of hours.

The great proportion of new jobs have been part time.

The House has fully funded the government with the exception of Obamacare.

It is the President who states he will not negotiate - he apparently feels more comfortable talking with our enemies than our Congress, but then he has not demonstrated any respect for the Constitution.

Constitutionally, the purse is the responsibility of the House.

Last edited by Tea Bag on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
john

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tea Bag wrote:
The majority of Americans actually do want to retain their health care. They will not under the Affordable Care Act.

Wavers have been given to previous supporters of the Act.

Unions want out.

It will probably collapse upon itself, but not before collapsing the economy through loss of jobs and or loss of hours.

It is the President who states he will not negotiate - he apparently feels more comfortable talking with our enemies than our Congress, but then he has not demonstrated any respect for the Constitution.

What ? No pithy posting pasted by the inimitable tea bagger ? When the supporters get "wavers" , do they hold their arms above their heads and say "hello" ? Laughing I see why you usually only cut and paste . The word is "waiver" , dope .

I will post this message on all the threads populated by the right wing lunatic fringe . They are the ones who give me such joy at their pain . They may call this spam , I call it my way of thanking them for joy they bring to me .

I admit to having a guilty pleasure . Some call it schadenfreude . I enjoy watching the tea baggers twist in the wind . When the racist rightwingnuts bellow about losing their rights , I am ecstatic . When these bible thumpin' , gun totin' , climate change denyin' , buffoons rail against science and reality , I am elated . Nothing makes me more blissful than to watch these bigots squirm because we have an African-American in "their" White House . Three more years with President Obama and , then , I get a chance to have the same euphoric pleasure when the misogynists start their hate-fueled rant against Hillary for the following eight years . This is what paradise must feel like
Laughing

Last edited by john on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think the part..."that's what happened in every other country" says a lot. Republicans are trying to keep this country in the dark ages. Every other country has rejected our system. It is the worst performing in the developed world. The GOP is the party of stagnation and poor performance...except for the privileged few that the GOP works for.
spazcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

some people like "stagnation and poor performance", the know-nothings for instance! right scorp? Laughing
maximus99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Affordable Care Act Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ramjet wrote:
My guess is the vast amount of Americans, including myself, are rather confused about whether the new Health Care act will be bad or good for the country. I think the republicans are giving us a huge clue though.
Assuming everything the political parties do is to strengthen their power. Then if Obamacare was so bad. Why wouldn't they let it take effect, Have the American people truly see how bad it is, then win in a landslide repeal it and put what they want in? The way they are behaving it appears that it may be an improvement causig the Democrats to gain power. Hmmmmm.

Why don't you ask the same question for the Dems who are agaisnt Obama CAre? Why do the unions want exemptions? Why do affluent Dems want exemptions?
spazcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

speaking of poor performance! here is the poster child... Laughing
MiddleMindset

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sharks-eat-commies wrote:
I think the part..."that's what happened in every other country" says a lot. Republicans are trying to keep this country in the dark ages. Every other country has rejected our system. It is the worst performing in the developed world. The GOP is the party of stagnation and poor performance...except for the privileged few that the GOP works for.

I don't usually just criticize, but when I do, it's usually against the fat guppy.

It's not Sharks eat Commies it's Sharks are Commies. You flew your colors high today Gup for everyone to see what a disgraceful trun-coat traitor looks like.

sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tea Bag wrote:

Unions want out.

Here teaparty perpetuates misinfromation about the law. I believe that he believes it though. Learn the truth about Congress supposedly being exempt from Obamacare from a new thread that I started.
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

MiddleMindset wrote:

I don't usually just criticize, but when I do, it's usually against the fat guppy.

It's not Sharks eat Commies it's Sharks are Commies. You flew your colors high today Gup for everyone to see what a disgraceful trun-coat traitor looks like.

Traitor? To who? The commie and traitor ploy is one of the most overused weapons in the Right-winger's BS arsenal. Whenever someone wants something that helps the average people, the right wing starts crying about communism. If something doesn't work, why keep it? If America is under-performing compared to other countries, why keep the same system? When something isn't working, ostriches like you, bury their head in the sand and pretend it's not happening. In the words of the immortal Sargent Schultz..."I see nothing!" All the while thinking you are a great American for ignoring a serious problem.

The left are for fixing problems that plague average people. The right is for moving as much money as is possible into the hands of the few which makes the country weak and harms hard working people.

American has the worst performing and most expensive healthcare system in the developed world. America has the most lopsided income inequality of any major country..and it's growing faster than ever.

Wanting America to truly be the best and wanting the system to work for everybody makes me a true American...more patriotic than you could ever dream to be.

beachnutz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

MiddleMindset wrote:

Traitor? To who? The commie and traitor ploy is one of the most overused weapons in the Right-winger's BS arsenal. Whenever someone wants something that helps the average people, the right wing starts crying about communism. If something doesn't work, why keep it? If America is under-performing compared to other countries, why keep the same system? When something isn't working, ostriches like you, bury their head in the sand and pretend it's not happening. In the words of the immortal Sargent Schultz..."I see nothing!" All the while thinking you are a great American for ignoring a serious problem.

The left are for fixing problems that plague average people. The right is for moving as much money as is possible into the hands of the few which makes the country weak and harms hard working people.

American has the worst performing and most expensive healthcare system in the developed world. America has the most lopsided income inequality of any major country..and it's growing faster than ever.

Wanting America to truly be the best and wanting the system to work for everybody makes me a true American...more patriotic than you could ever dream to be.

WELL SAID!!!

maximus99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

MiddleMindset wrote:

Who is the President of the country with the most lopside and ever growing income equality in the world? Isn't that the same guy who YOU want to reform the healthcare system?

The reality is YOUR people fail with every system.
Scorpion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Who is the President of the country with the most lopside and ever growing income equality in the world? Isn't that the same guy who YOU want to reform the healthcare system?

Blame Bush! Since Obombo has been in office, everything that's wrong is Bush's fault.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:

Blame Bush! Since Obombo has been in office, everything that's wrong is Bush's fault.

First, I didn't blame Bush alone. This has been happening for a long, long time. I guess if you can interject my opinion for me, you have a better chance of not looking like a complete horse's A. Wrong again.

I blame the Republicans who fought against tax hikes for the richest Americans, the most profitable business and for keeping subsidies for companies like Exxon and to allow other companies and millionaires to pay no income tax. The same ones that fight every attempt to bring a minimum wage up to date and in line with the cost of living. Obama tried to change that and Republicans went crazy. You're the one that keeps bringing up Bush as much as anyone else.

As many of us has said...he's the only one that is willing to reform healthcare. Republicans have NO plan other than to stay with the under performing and overprices system we have.

You CAN'T be that stoopid. Oh...wait...you ARE.
spazcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

only scorp the original know-nothing would show a cartoon where everybody at that table are the ones who back the republicans. as bugs would say: "what a dope, what a maroon!" Rolling Eyes
Scorpion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
some people like "stagnation and poor performance", the know-nothings for instance! right scorp? Laughing

Speaking of stagnation and poor performance, did the wife get off to a great start at the Philadelphia public school that employs her?

Question for you....why are you and john both using the cartoon character, bugs bunny as your mentor when attempting to showcase superior intelligence over everyone else?

Baffling. Confused

spazcat 9/23/2013
john

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
spazcat wrote:

Speaking of stagnation and poor performance, did the wife get off to a great start at the Philadelphia public school that employs her?

Question for you....why are you and john both using the cartoon character, bugs bunny as your mentor when attempting to showcase superior intelligence over everyone else?

Baffling. Confused

The Spout Off filter won't allow the use of the word m0r0n . So , I have to revert to the Bugs Bunny spelling of "maroon" when referring to half wits . I guess it's easy to "baffle" someone like you . Rolling Eyes

Last edited by john on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scorpion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Biugs Bunny
Question Question Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's a typo when YOU make a mistake. Rolling Eyes

spazcat 9/23/2013
Truth_Equals_Freedom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have to admit, With all of the propaganda on one side and doomsday on the other I wasn't quite sure what effect the Affordable Healthcare Act would have on me or my family. With the deadline approaching, we began asking questions and my employer sent home a letter last week explaining it in simple terms. Because I have affordable, employer provided insurance (although I pay a healthy part of the premium) there is zero change in my coverage. I am not going to have to drop my coverage and pick a healthcare exchange, my employer will not drop me and force me to an exchange. We take smaller salaries to offset the price our employer pays towards our premium. We are still allowed to pick from various levels of coverage, depending on the medical needs of ourselves and our families. I've always chosen a more extensive plan with higher out of pocket monthly premium for lower co-pays and no referrals or limitations on where I can be seen. my employer is not dropping spouses who are eligible through their own employers. I wish more employees would talk to their HR departments rather than watch Fox or CNN and get rumors instead of cold hard facts on how implementation will effect them. Not blaming either party or accusing anyone, just saying we the people need to do the work, ask the questions of our employers and not just listen to the fear mongers in Washington on both sides of the aisle and their mouthpieces in the media.
spazcat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Good post truth. The truth is as with any law there will be winners and losers. This law is flawed but not as flawed as the status quo, we can't afford it. Also ask yourself how you would feel about it if you had a family and worked at say walmart? Every industrialized nation on earth has universal healthcare except one. Its ludicrous to say america can't join them. Laughing
Tea Bag

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

john wrote:
Tea Bag wrote:

Unions want out.

What ? No pithy posting pasted by the inimitable tea bagger ? When the supporters get "wavers" , do they hold their arms above their heads and say "hello" ? Laughing I see why you usually only cut and paste . The word is "waiver" , dope .

I will post this message on all the threads populated by the right wing lunatic fringe . They are the ones who give me such joy at their pain . They may call this spam , I call it my way of thanking them for joy they bring to me .

I admit to having a guilty pleasure . Some call it schadenfreude . I enjoy watching the tea baggers twist in the wind . When the racist rightwingnuts bellow about losing their rights , I am ecstatic . When these bible thumpin' , gun totin' , climate change denyin' , buffoons rail against science and reality , I am elated . Nothing makes me more blissful than to watch these bigots squirm because we have an African-American in "their" White House . Three more years with President Obama and , then , I get a chance to have the same euphoric pleasure when the misogynists start their hate-fueled rant against Hillary for the following eight years . This is what paradise must feel like
Laughing

Thank you for the spelling correction and your concern. Wish I could blame it on my iPad which often kidnaps words, but I am afraid I was probably in a hurry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: