Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Print Spout Offs 8.21.13

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Spout Off - The PRINTED EDITION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnewton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Print Spout Offs 8.21.13 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Villas - We see TV ads now that our immigration laws are broken which is one big lie. The truth is we have leaders who are delinquent in enforcing the law regarding our border security. They should be removed from office for such failures in protecting the nation.
North Wildwood - While I completely understand the "share the road" with cyclists I have been hounded by a family near 2nd and Atlantic while out walking with my husband in the early evenings. The whole family shouts "beep beep" at us as they cycle on the sidewalk. Might I remind them, that it is indeed a side"walk" and we have the right of way. Ride your bike in the street where we all "share" the road. Are we expected to "jump" into the street as you shout at us?
Mayville - Congrats to Councilwoman DeLanzo for questioning why local government has to be involved with citizens' electric and gas meters. What is next for an overreaching Middle Town Council? Who pays for the consultant checking utility comparison prices?
Clermont - I am a seasonal resident at the Avalon Campground. All the campers here read the Herald and I want to give a shout out for assigning Ray Rebmann as the beat reporter for Dennis Township. He is doing a great job covering government meetings and creating an awareness for the public and keeping visitors informed. Between his stories and all the spout-offs that are constantly posted maybe some of these issues will get addressed. All it seems like is non-action and poor job performance by the local government. For sure, not everyone is a happy camper in this township.
Erma - instead of good feeling gun laws against law abiding citizens why don’t the Democrats bring back criminal control laws like the death penalty and use it once a week? That would stop seventy five percent of crime immediately.
Wildwood Crest - To the people who said that the police do not follow pedestrian laws: they do not follow the bike laws, either. The "bike cops" weave in and out of parked cars, on and off the sidewalks, riding the wrong way down the streets, etc. If police do not follow laws, why should we expect anyone else to?
North Wildwood - I can not believe that they made a "No Outlet" beside/behind the new Wawa on Spruce. What a mess. Who decided that?
North Cape May - I agree with the North Wildwood spouter who works a lot to support their family and then can not even afford to take their kids to the Wildwood boardwalk and waterpark. I have two children and my wife and I both work very hard to have what we have. When it comes to "fun" stuff in the summer we head up to Ocean City. Even with gas prices it is more affordable than Wildwood.
Wildwood Crest - I agree with the spouter about jet skiers on Sunset Lake. That lake is totally abused, with the pesticides on the grass, and the dog feces, kills everything anyway, and then all the poison washes down the banks. A totally disgusting way for a lake to be utilized.
North Cape May - Mr. Obama, don't spread my hard earned wealth, spread my work ethic.
North Wildwood - Half of the new Wawa was built on residential zoned land. NW approved a zoning variance for Wawa to build on residential land. That is a fact. Our property values have been but by 1/3rd, and yet others keep complaining about the inconvenience of more traffic on Spruce Avenue. If you are going to post further criticism of the barrier on Maryland Avenue, post your street name so we can turn your street into a commercial zone just like what happened to ours.
North Cape May - In Florida last week, a young white man was beaten by three black youths while riding home on a school bus. The black bus driver failed to stop the beating, but eventually did summon help. This was reported on the Fox Cable News Network. Amazing that the other major networks failed to report this story. You can bet that if this beating was the other way around they would have jumped all over it with Sharpton and Jackson at the head of the pack. What a disgrace.
Ocean City - Last week I spouted about the pedestrians who stride out into the street without bothering to look. It is a disaster waiting to happen because they assume that drivers have seen them. A few weeks back, I spouted about the bicyclists, who flagrantly disregard traffic laws and also foolishly cross without looking, like many pedestrians do. Well, summer is almost over. No one has died, thankfully. Will the shore towns wake up and take ownership of these problems for next summer, or will we continue to live on luck?
Avalon - Can anyone look at a baby and say, "That baby will grow up to be a criminal"? Of course not. The point is, no-one is born a criminal; everyone is a law-abiding citizen unless at some point during their life they commit a crime. Today's criminal element was once part of a population of law-abiding citizens. Tomorrow's criminal element is part of today's population of law-abiding citizens. And probably the greatest inducement to a life of crime is the easy availability of guns in our society, thanks to the gun-worshipping extremists of the NRA.
Wildwood - A big “thank you” to Dr. Terri Marks and her wonderful staff at South Paw Animal Hospital. They were so compassionate and kind to my husband and I when we had to put our beautiful "Beyonce" to sleep. Their kindness and careful ways were so appreciated. Thank you again Dr. Marks and Staff for your heartfelt compassion. It was defintely appreciated by us both.
North Wildwood - To the person who is worried about the free trolleys: You don’t pay for it in your taxes. It’s a free program from the state. I love it. How else are we to get around? No bus comes until 5:30 at night. I love the trolley and there’s only 4 trips a day. If you pay for it good it’s about time. Someone cares about us year-rounders. Get over it.
South Dennis - To the shopper at the Avalon Acme who turned in the handbag I left outside in a shopping cart on 7/9, thank you for being so honest. You did not leave your name or I would have thanked you myself. God bless you.
Dennis Township - I am no fan of "Team Van Drew'" but if this is the best that Mike Donohue (Cape May County Republican Chairman) can do is attack Nelson Albano for a two year old traffic violation then I will just stay home in November. Donohue needs to pull his head out of the sand and solve problems in his very own South Dennis neighborhood where a culture of criminality and lawlessness prevails, in part, because of the partisan political games that are played here by both Donohue and Van Drew. Van Drew also resides in Dennis Township just up the road in South Seaville.
Court House - Urging all Middle Township residents to become familiar with salaries associated with our "top" Middle Township Administration. Is it necessary that the two administrators are the highest paid in the district especially since the actual teaching staff received a low percentage increase this last contract? We need to ban together and put "our" money where it counts - with our children.
Sea Isle City - The shopping center is a disgrace. Those awful condos are an eyesore and has made parking a nightmare. It is only going to get worse once people move in. I think as punishment whoever gave permits for this project should have to spend the weekend driving around the lot.
Stone Harbor Manor - Stone Harbor flooded badly in '62 and again in Sandy. We didn't. Enough said.
Middle Township - I would like to thank Jeff Van Drew and Michael Clark for getting the State Highway Department to fix the problem in front of my driveway on Route 9. It is nice to have elected officials come to your house and help the people.
Villas - The taxpayers of Cape May City should feel privileged to support the regional intermediate and high schools. The local workers of all ages may live in Lower Township but many work in Cape May City. In turn, most stores Cape May City taxpayers shop at are in Lower Township. Good schools produce educated workers in the total community.
Stone Harbor - What is the status of the 83rd Street fishing pier in Stone Harbor? The pier decking and railings were dismantled last fall before Hurricane Sandy hit but the pilings are still in the bay water. It remains that way today and this 2013 summer season is almost over. Are there plans to rebuild the fishing pier?
Middle Township - Thank you for the bike path. It’s great.
Wildwood - Every time it rains the beach at Pine St. has several inches of standing water where the seagulls love to congregate and defecate in the water, leaving residents and visitors to trudge through this disgusting water to reach the ocean. Unless, of course, there's an event on the beach ,the city is quick to rake the beach for our short term visitors. The taxpayers who use the beach every week/weekend are left in the dust. Can anything be done?
Wildwood - The police on the boardwalk are standing around doing nothing because there is not anything going on that requires their assistance.
Wildwood - Need to crack down on the handicapped plaques not paying the meters. Is everyone suddenly handicapped?
North Wildwood - I read all these negatives about North Wildwood and the things the mayor, council and the council president get away with each week. The editor of this paper has to contact the mayor for a response but why does the editor or mayor think the public believes what the mayor says since most of what he says is not true? If he and his council did the right thing for the city he would not have to have a weekly quote in the Herald. The council president gets away with things because the mayor lets him. This is what happens when you don't have elections in a city just one party control.

Ed. Note:Shouldn’t everybody have an opportunuty to answer a charge ?
North Cape May - Thank goodness the Herald published the article on the disorderly house on Beachurst Dr. Maybe something will finally be done about that house of illegal activity. Too long a blind eye Lower Twp., too long. Stay on it Herald.
Dennis Township - Great job to the Rec Department for putting on another superb National Night Out. If you stayed home due to the rain you missed a great night. The fireworks were the best.
North Wildwood - Last November, at dinner in Wildwood, I overheard two gents bemoaning how our country was lost. I looked out the window for the Mongol hoard but didn't see one. Almost a year later and I'm still looking for the hoard but none yet.
North Wildwood - There are no excuses for an inexperienced officer who used extremely bad judgment over a service dog and his veteran master on the boardwalk. However, city officials need to stop catering to their Philly cronies who are animal haters making multiple reports everyday about dogs on the beach, dogs on the boardwalk, dogs in the yard, and dogs on the street. City officials give mixed messages about animal tolerance which can lead to serious misunderstandings and hard feelings.
North Wildwood - Waste Management of Woodbine once again missed the pickup for recycling on Illinois, Oak, Pine Avenue and surrounding blocks week of 8/8/13. Is it possible to get the trash picked up in a timely manner not between 5-7pm on pickup day? You call for answers and get the run-around. I welcome a change to the trash vendor in North Wildwood.

Dennis Township - The Marmora section of Upper Twp. is slowly but surely turning into another Rio Grande. Those who allowed this type of "growth" certainly did not have the best interests of the residents at heart. The few tax dollars that are brought in as ratables in no way cancels out the tax dollars having to be spent for government provided services, not to mention the increased traffic and blight. Watch out Ocean View in Dennis Twp. as you are next. Progress = the "connected" getting rich at the expense of the average citizen.
Stone Harbor - For the spouter from Villas in the 8/24 Herald: our presidents during both World Wars I and II were both Democrats (Wilson & FDR). So how have the Democrats made us "weak & inviting targets"?
Cape May - Another nice beach day ruined by smokers. When will smoking be banned on the beach and promenade? Not only is the smell of cigarettes and cigars disgusting, the waste left behind is unconscionable. Please, can't we all enjoy our most beautiful resource? Smoke at home. Litter your own yard.
Stone Harbor - All the complaints about the delay in completing the beach restoration can be laid at the feet of sequestration.
Avalon - Would it hurt if the new trash collectors could at least answer you when asked a question? Granted it's probably the worst job to do, but could they at least be a little bit more social?
Stone Harbor - Don't forget that Middle graciously also comes to Stone Harbor to help out when needed.
Avalon - What Cape May County needs is a clothing-optional beach.
Avalon - Hey pedestrians : You stay off the streets, I won't drive on the sidewalks. Deal?
Wildwood - Lots of handicapped cars in metered spaces for much more than 24 hours and nothing being done about it.
Stone Harbor - As a merchant this is the worst year ever. Plenty of people are shopping but not buying. I hear a lot of them complaining about the beach being a mess.
Wildwood Crest - When is the state going to extend 55 into the shore area? Traffic is getting worse every year.
North Cape May - The Oval Office should move to the set of the Jay Leno Show. While our country struggles with the world’s troubles, our celebrity so-called leader is laughing away on the Leno show..
Lower Township - Can someone please tell me exactly how this latest "Oprah" incident is considered racist? If it is only because O is black and the salesperson is white then maybe we should start considering all black on white crime as racist and therefore a "hate crime". Come on people. I get it that prejudice is out there and probably always will be but we are getting this shoved down our throats. Wake up.
Goshen - To the yard saler I see who continually pulls his blue minivan up into driveways is in violation of yard sale etiquette.
West Wildwood - Wow, I met the new code enforcement person Friday after filing a complaint about a property in my block. He was no help at all. His response was, "well look at the rest of this island, this isn't that bad". The grass is more than a foot high and there is trash everywhere. Where do I go next? Someone please let me know.
Havertown/ Cape May - I am so dissappointed that the farmers market at the Cape May Ferry did not happen this year. It was fabulous. I went every single Saturday morning. It was a time to see folks, chat, buy great produce and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I hope it comes back next year. What can I do to make that happen?
Sea Isle City - To the spouter who was shocked at the public drunkedness in Sea Isle: Where have you been? Sea Isle changed a long time ago from the "family town" to what it is today, a town that caters to the bars and liquor stores. Drinking abounds everywhere in Sea Isle and no one seems to care. Check the boaters and beach goers and watch for the red cups all over town.
Wildwood - The boardwalk waterparks need to reconsider the policy of having the lifeguards continually slowly nod and rotate their heads throughout their shift. I understand it is so they can see the entire pool area but it freaks out the children. Maybe they can simply move their eyes but not their entire head.

Ed.Note: Would you prefer a robot or wooden headed dummie to a real live life guards ?
Dennis Township - Lower township is now the latest municipality, along with Stone Harbor, Middle Township, Wildwood, Commercial Township, Egg Harbor City, and many others that are seeking and effectuating a fifteen percent electric bill rate reduction for all homeowners in their respective municipalities. Why is Dennis Township always behind the curve and totally clueless on every issue that positively impacts homeowners and taxpayers here? Please don't forget to let Glembocki and Murphy know what you think of their job performances at the polls this November.
Cape May - I took my family to see the musical Shrek on Friday night due to a rainy evening and having to cancel outside activities that were planned. Wow were we pleasantly surprised. Cape May County has some wonderful talented young people. From Shrek to donkey and the king, not to mention the young girl that played Fionna. Congrats to the whole cast. We are glad we made that last minute change in our plans.
Avalon - Interesting that the Avalon public officials chose to ignore the maximum capacity for some bars in Avalon this past Sunday. I applaud the Windrift and Golden Inn (along with the Stone Harbor bars) who have stopped allowing the Tour DeShore participants into their establishments. It was not even safe to walk around the area of 21st Street in Avalon. This was an absolute disgrace.
Erma - Does anyone know why the DRBA feels the need to put in a third entrance to the airport ? There are crrently two good entrances, one with a traffic light .This is going to cause confusion and accidents on Breakwater Road. If the new brewery and distillery can get their own entrance,why not the mini storage ? Your tax dollars at work.
Avalon - Steve Lonegan's own words prove that he is unqualified to be a U.S. Senator. For example, he says that he will win the general election. We can't afford to have anyone that delusional sitting in the U.S. Senate. Another example: He believes that the solution to a better educational system is for "parents to help their children with their homework". In a world that is constantly becoming more technologically and scientifically complex, and more economically competitive and challenging, Lonegan's cockamamie notion guarantees that the United States would become a second-rate country.
Wildwood - Thank you Wildwood Public Works for keeping the world’s best beach so beautiful.
Town Bank - I am no Obama fan but what is so wrong with affordable health care for everyone? Most other countries have it.
Wildwood - Both Lower and Middle Township have set up on line property tax payment, Wildwood why won't you do this for your tax payers? Even for water and sewer bills? Receipt given at time of payment, no question about if paid or not, don't have to count on the mail, a no brainer.
North Wildwood – Please check the beach tents for illegal sale of alcohol.
Stone Harbor - To the Stone Harbor spouter: Mayor Walters won fair and square and is a fantastic mayor and person. Stone Harbor is the seashore at it’s best because of leaders like her.
Villas - What in God's name is wrong with this country? That major Nidal Hassan who killed all our soldiers at Fort Hood has been kept and fed on taxpayers money for four years and he is just brought to trial now. Oh, by the way, they say he is going to get all his back pay - over $300,000. They should have put him up against a wall and shot him. Ever since Obama got elected our country has gone down. We have lost respect all over the world. Next time you vote think hard before you pull that lever.
Wildwood Crest - Are craft shows on the Wildwood boardwalk run by a Wildwood Crest commissioner administered and organized in her office at Wildwood Crest Borough Hall and at the expense of the taxpayers of WIldwood Crest?
Dennisville - Thank you President Obama for deciding when I can and can not fill my prescriptions. By the way, prescriptions are not "free" if the price of my insurance continues to increase every year. Just because I'm not physically pulling the money out of my pocket at the pharmacy counter does not make it "free." Thanks to your "lovely" healthcare plans, my entire body is out of whack.
Dennisville - Everyone is always talking about "going green." Does "green" not include wild animals? Every time you deliberately run over a turtle or a snake or any other animal minding it’s own business you are helping to destroy the earth.
Chalk Hill / Wildwood - Wildwood Police Dept. is the only one I know who has an answering machine to receive your calls for help. The message states if you know your parties number call it. That's why I called to complain about the party next door. I don't know their number. First option if emergency call the emergency number 911, we know that. Then there are six other options before somebody picks up the phone. Wouldn't a police dispatcher be more efficient answering the phone.
Sea Isle City - I join those people who miss the tourist center on the promenade. We have been vacationing in Sea Isle for years and we can't understand why it has not been replaced. We tried the new visitor center but the phone was disconnected. There was no one there after 5pm. That small building provided a valuable service and was staffed by knowledgeable ladies who went out of their way to help. They not only provided brochures but they knew what was going on in town. Please bring it back.
Lower Township - Another annoying robo call by the mayor about a meeting to discuss drugs, parenting and the youth of the township. This call after the deputy mayor's robo call about the businesses who donated money for the fireworks. Please gentlemen I am sure you have the best of intentions but we have a township to operate. You were elected to serve all the people in the township. A social worker and PR agent is not what you should be doing. You should be focused on high taxes, road disrepair, flooding problems and other elected official duties.
Stone Harbor - If that 96th St. bridge is so historic that the original motors are not allowed to be replaced I think that's just crazy, who sees those motors anyway? And there are no plaques anywhere indicating that it is in any way historic. All historic preservation sites usually have some kind of sign explaining the history. As Ronald Regan would have said, Mr. Gorbachave, tear that bridge down.
Stone Harbor Manor- Future renters: rent here. No parking meters, the bay is right out back anywhere you go and the beach is only a few blocks away. We also don't flood .
Rio Grande - I see where Township Committee candidate Melanie Collins wants to debate Michael Clark. Instead of debating Clark maybe she should debate Mayor Lockwood and Committeeman Donohue and ask them why they raised my property taxes, my son's property taxes and my daughter and son-in-law's property taxes.
Ringwood/Wildwood - I love the Wildwoods and consider this island my second home. Over the past 30 years there have been a lot of changes and I can't say they have all been good. Seems to me there is a lot of crime, drugs and according to the papers even some gang activity. It is beyond me that a police officer on the boardwalk, surrounded by mess that goes on there, would go after a man and his service dog. When are the mayor and police of North Wildwood going to come to their senses and issue a very heartfelt and public apology to Jared Goering and his wife?

ED Note :The city has removed the summons and done everything in its power to see that it does not happen again .It seems tha the issue has been properly addressed.

Upper Township - The constitution outlines the government's role as the conservator of individual freedom. The so called affordable care act tramples individuals ability to freely choose their desired level of care through an affordable competitive free market. The IRS is to administer our health care. With the recent uncovering of scandal and political persecution by them, we are sure to get fair distribution of life preserving services, so long as you do not show signs of opposing opinions. Our children do not deserve this. Eventually they will understand that we failed them.
Stone Harbor - You may think your Editor's Notes are witty, charming, and add value. You never hit the mark on the first two, and rarely hit the mark on the third. This is not an Editor's Spout Off. Maybe you should think about establishing a Spout Off in one of your trade publications. I would suggest that when you feel the need to add an Editor's Note in the Herald's Spout Off, write it then read it again three times. Maybe have a respected colleague give you their input. If you still feel the need to publish it, then do so but I think you'll find that if you follow my advice, you won't.

Ed Note :I read your compaint three times and still put it in.

Dennis Township - Let me recap some of Mayor Glembocki's outstanding accomplishments to the voters. He abolished an independent Environmental Commission and replaced it with a "do nothing" Natural Resources Committee. He made campaign promises in 2010 to address noise, nuisance, neighborhood disruption and zoning problems related to ATVs. He then abruptly cancelled all ATV Subcommittee meetings in 2012 without remedies. In 2013, he now is stonewalling the ATV issue before the Consolidated Land Use Board regarding permitted land uses and Master Plan compatibility of ATVs in residential areas.
Villas - This is directed to the person who parked next to the green Grand Marquis at the Harborview Friday 8/9/13 You parked so close to my drivers door that I had to ask a patron using the rest room to back my car out. This was after he squeezed in thru my passengers door.Just in case you didn"t notice I was in a handicapped parking space with the placard displayed. Next time (I hope there will be none) I will call police and sign a complaint(which by the way carries a $500 fine ,0 tolerance statute) these blue placards are issued by the state after a doctor’s review and signature .I personally do not use it as "sympathy" card. Never did. Signed a Viet Nam veteran
North Cape May - On August 6th,2013, the Lower Township Police Department were summoned to a house for the 24th time this year, dealing with a disorderly household. For well over a decade the neighbors have been complaining about this house. We've had numerous people move away, numerous mail boxes ripped out, screaming and fighting all night long in our street, and no help from the authorities in Lower Township
Cape May - The public bathroom situation on Guerney Street is a disgrace. As a property owner/taxpayer of Cape May someone from the city should monitor the filfth that is exposed to visitors. On every occasion I have had the absolute neccessity to use this facility I have overheard women (with their children in most cases) complaining bitterly about the conditions. Toilet paper everywhere,sometimes none available! I have personally encountered the cleaning person on several occasions when she has been rude and complaining about the people trying to use the facility while she "cleans". Suggestion to city: since there are only a few public restrooms available along the beach keep at least one stall available at all times. People have emergencies!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Spout Off - The PRINTED EDITION All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: