Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Townbank fire co

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTNews

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Townbank fire co Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

How does town bank fire company get away with having a bar? I always thought they needed a license to dispense alcohol. I think council should look into this.
barracuda

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I believe you need a liquor license to sell alcohol; but you don't need a license to have alcohol in a fully stocked bar in your own private man-cave. The private lounges in the fire companies are strictly for the volunteer firemen to hang out, they maintain the stock of alcohol ,from donations of money, for their consumption and do not sell it to anyone else. It's like the volunteers private club.

People always forget the difference:

Town Bank Fire District........government owned, paid for by your taxes.

Town Bank Fire Company......a private organization owned by the volunteer firemen, paid for by your donations, solicitations and fundraisers.
That's the difference when you talk about Lower township fire districts versus fire companies.
free2be

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I would imagine just about every volunteer Fire Dept in the State....maybe the entire country has a lounge with a bar for its volunteer fireman. The fireman pay for the beer....they're volunteers!!!! Since you questioned Town Bank FD, you obviously have a hard om for them!
Just for the record, Town Bank, along with Erma FD and Villas FD are three of the most dedicated, finest VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENTS IN THE STATE!!!!! LTnews
....go pick your nose or go pick on someone or something else, leave these Volunteers alone!!!!!!

Last edited by free2be on Tue May 14, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
villainesta

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wonder if LTNews is the reincarnation of Disgusted who carried on a long campaign against the TB Fire Station for allegedly serving minors beer at wedding etc. Of course in our screwball values system even a 20 yo combat soldier would be considered underage!
LTLocal

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Townbank Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Free2be Please don't confuse me with LTnews. I'm a lifelong resident, know many of the fireman and agree with you 100‰
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

free2be wrote:
I would imagine just about every volunteer Fire Dept in the State....maybe the entire country has a lounge with a bar for its volunteer fireman. The fireman pay for the beer....they're volunteers!!!! Since you questioned Town Bank FD, you obviously have a hard om for them!
Just for the record, Town Bank, along with Erma FD and Villas FD are three of the most dedicated, finest VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENTS IN THE STATE!!!!! LTLocal....go pick your nose or go pick on someone or something else, leave these Volunteers alone!!!!!!

No. They constantly ask for donations to pay for the beer.

There has also been some cases of the fire depts illegally selling the beer.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Firefighters_Resign_Over_Alleged_Illegal_Bar_In_Dry_Town.html
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

villainesta wrote:
Wonder if LTNews is the reincarnation of Disgusted who carried on a long campaign against the TB Fire Station for allegedly serving minors beer at wedding etc. Of course in our screwball values system even a 20 yo combat soldier would be considered underage!

A 20 y/o combat soldier IS underage in this country. Nothing to do with a "screwball values system" unless that's how you refer to the law. When he turns 21, I'd happily buy him a beer or else you should work to lower the drinking age.
free2be

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Townbank Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

LTLocal wrote:
Free2be Please don't confuse me with LTnews. I'm a lifelong resident, know many of the fireman and agree with you 100‰

My apologies.....I misread names....saw LT and assumed....my apologies.
LTLocal

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Townbank Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Free2be- That was my thought, we're good
villainesta

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
A 20 y/o combat soldier IS underage in this country. Nothing to do with a "screwball values system" unless that's how you refer to the law. When he turns 21, I'd happily buy him a beer or else you should work to lower the drinking age.

Well the drinking age law is screwball to me and I suppose it was a concession to the Prohibition crazies that we are now stuck with it. At least the law could allow an underage to drink a beer in his parents house but nooo the cops will raid the house for a .merit badge from the chief.
spazcat

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i believe it is legal to serve alcohol to you own family regardless of age. could be wrong but since i wouldn't i never researched it. Cool
KOS

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
free2be wrote:
Just for the record, Town Bank, along with Erma FD and Villas FD are three of the most dedicated, finest VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENTS IN THE STATE!!!!! LTLocal....go pick your nose or go pick on someone or something else, leave these Volunteers alone!!!!!!

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Firefighters_Resign_Over_Alleged_Illegal_Bar_In_Dry_Town.html
I'm sure it's just to buy beer you screwball, not for the upkeep of equipment and the purchase of needed supplies. How does it feel to have an entire board of people laugh at your stupidity
LTNews

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
free2be wrote:

Some that gets it! Yes, that is what I was referring to, them selling beer at the bar which is paid for by donations.
free2be

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You can blow as much smoke as you want, the intent of this post was to embarrass the Town Bank Fire Dept and it's volunteers! Your attempt...is a miserable failure, just like you!!!!
The overwhelming population of Lower Township may well have their divisions and diversity, but the overwhelming majority appreciate the dedication the VOLUNTEERS OF THE VILLAS FIRE DEPT, THE ERMA FIRE DEPT AND THE TOWN BANK FIRE DEPT have in keeping our community safe!
beachnutz

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The volunteers deserve a spot in the firehouse to hangout. Thank you to all our dedicated volunteers in Lower.
LTNews

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

free2be wrote:
You can blow as much smoke as you want, the intent of this post was to embarrass the Town Bank Fire Dept and it's volunteers! Your attempt...is a miserable failure, just like you!!!!
The overwhelming population of Lower Township may well have their divisions and diversity, but the overwhelming majority appreciate the dedication the VOLUNTEERS OF THE VILLAS FIRE DEPT, THE ERMA FIRE DEPT AND THE TOWN BANK FIRE DEPT have in keeping our community safe!
i

Just wait until one of the blue lighters after a few hours in the bar gets behind the wheel of a 10 ton pumper full of water, and creams someone.
ZER0

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

And you know that they now drive the trucks while drunk.....................How! ........ I think you're punching itnthe air hoping to stir something up. Did they ask you for a donation and now you need an excuse for being such a tightwad?
free2be

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

yup!!!! LTnews is inventing new ways to go even lower!!!! Sounds like maybe LTnews wanted to be a fireman but couldn't make the grade!!!!
LTNews

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

free2be wrote:
yup!!!! LTnews is inventing new ways to go even lower!!!! Sounds like maybe LTnews wanted to be a fireman but couldn't make the grade!!!!

Too funny! Have you ever spoke with any of these yahoos? Some of the couldn't spell c-a-t if they were spotted the consonants
beachnutz

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Bet you will not call them yahoos when they get out of their bed at 3AM in the morning to put a fire out in your house or go into a burning building to rescue a loved one
LTNews

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:
Bet you will not call them yahoos when they get out of their bed at 3AM in the morning to put a fire out in your house or go into a burning building to rescue a loved one

I most certainly would. I know there are quite a few good fireman there, maybe 30% if I had to put a number on it. The rest are blue lighter yahoos!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: