Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

More Americans leaving US over taxes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximus99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: More Americans leaving US over taxes Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/should-you-renounce-your-citizenship-144048875.html

Good job Democrats. What are the Dems going to do when they don't have enough rich people to pay for their weflare programs?
spazcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

so when is your plane flight out max? i (and many others) would be happy to drive you to the airport. i wonder what country would take you? one short on racists i guess. Cool
4everBlowingBubbles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I know a couple of people leaving the US because the US doesn't accept same sex marriages for immigration purposes so if they want to live with their spouse they can't live in the US. It's disgusting. Why not give amnesty for American same sex partners before even considering amnesty for illegals.
4everBlowingBubbles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
so when is your plane flight out max? i (and many others) would be happy to drive you to the airport. i wonder what country would take you? one short on racists i guess. Cool

The US will not let you renounce if it would make you stateless so Max or anyone else would have to hold citizenship in another country.
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

4everBlowingBubbles wrote:
I know a couple of people leaving the US because the US doesn't accept same sex marriages for immigration purposes so if they want to live with their spouse they can't live in the US. It's disgusting. Why not give amnesty for American same sex partners before even considering amnesty for illegals.

While I support same sex marriages, I don't understand your point since even a marriage between a man and woman does not give someone legal residency or citizenship.
4everBlowingBubbles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JerseyDevil wrote:

While I support same sex marriages, I don't understand your point since even a marriage between a man and woman does not give someone legal residency or citizenship.

Unlike a marriage between a man and woman, If you are an American and want to bring your same sex spouse to the US there is no family based visa that will allow that.
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: More Americans leaving US over taxes Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/should-you-renounce-your-citizenship-144048875.html
Good job Democrats. What are the Dems going to do when they don't have enough rich people to pay for their weflare programs?

So Phil Mickelson threatens to leave California because his state income taxes went up 3 percent? Cry me a river. Assuming 0 deductions he is now left with a paltry $867,000 for every million taxed as opposed to $897,000.

I love how people want the system to work for them but they don't want to support the system that makes it possible. Rolling Eyes
maximus99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:

When enough Rs leave the country then who will be left to pay for your welfare programs? Not you. If your people were willing to work then you would not need welfare.

I tried to leave. I moved out of the city and you complained. When people like me left the cities the cities turned into ghettos becuase your people are too lazy to work.
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JerseyDevil wrote:

Unlike a marriage between a man and woman, If you are an American and want to bring your same sex spouse to the US there is no family based visa that will allow that.

Gotcha. Well, if it's any consolation, I think that 'family based visa' is b.s. no matter who you're married to. No one should be granted a visa because they married someone outside the country. If you want to stay with your spouse, stay in the country you were married in until you're both cleared for legal entry.
villainesta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

good riddance to bad rubbish I say. If they are too selfish to participate in a democracy, who needs them.
4everBlowingBubbles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JerseyDevil wrote:
JerseyDevil wrote:

Gotcha. Well, if it's any consolation, I think that 'family based visa' is b.s. no matter who you're married to. No one should be granted a visa because they married someone outside the country. If you want to stay with your spouse, stay in the country you were married in until you're both cleared for legal entry.

Visa's are not automatic and it's a long and expensive process.
4everBlowingBubbles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
spazcat wrote:

When enough Rs leave the country then who will be left to pay for your welfare programs? Not you. If your people were willing to work then you would not need welfare.

I tried to leave. I moved out of the city and you complained. When people like me left the cities the cities turned into ghettos becuase your people are too lazy to work.

If you are American you still have to file tax returns and pay taxes on your foreign income.
maximus99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

villainesta wrote:
good riddance to bad rubbish I say. If they are too selfish to participate in a democracy, who needs them.

Does that apply to the 47% who do not pay income taxes?

Do you agree with Romney?

Who is going to pay for your welfare programs when the rubbish who pay all the taxes leave?
maximus99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: More Americans leaving US over taxes Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JerseyDevil wrote:
maximus99 wrote:

So Phil Mickelson threatens to leave California because his state income taxes went up 3 percent? Cry me a river. Assuming 0 deductions he is now left with a paltry $867,000 for every million taxed as opposed to $897,000.

I love how people want the system to work for them but they don't want to support the system that makes it possible. Rolling Eyes

Does that mean you would support NJ raising the taxes by 3%?

Hasn't NJ seen a mass exodus or residents in the last few years?

When the rich leave then who do you think gets stuck with the bills?
villainesta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Who is going to pay for your welfare programs when the rubbish who pay all the taxes leave?

There will be plenty of money when the rubbish that siphon off most of the money are gone
All that welfare for the rich will be over. Yea!.

Despite his astronomical income, or perhaps because of it, Romney has benefited enormously from government welfare and his tax record has become central to Democratic campaign strategy. His plan to gut entitlement programs and eliminate select tax expenditures wouldn't neutralize the effect of his corporate and high-income tax cuts, and would shift the tax burden to lower class households. His proposals amount to a two-tier welfare system: expanded benefits for the rich and reduced aid for everyone else.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/colleen-becker/welfare-for-the-rich_b_1868859.html
maximus99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

villainesta wrote:
Quote:

There will be plenty of money when the rubbish that siphon off most of the money are gone
All that welfare for the rich will be over. Yea!.

Despite his astronomical income, or perhaps because of it, Romney has benefited enormously from government welfare and his tax record has become central to Democratic campaign strategy. His plan to gut entitlement programs and eliminate select tax expenditures wouldn't neutralize the effect of his corporate and high-income tax cuts, and would shift the tax burden to lower class households. His proposals amount to a two-tier welfare system: expanded benefits for the rich and reduced aid for everyone else.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/colleen-becker/welfare-for-the-rich_b_1868859.html

Really? Why did the cities turn into ghettos when the upper middle class moved to the burbs? How is YOUR plan working in Camden?

You are not too bright. There is not a set amount of money. The money supply can increase. The rich will take their money with them. The poor are too lazy to work. If they are willing to work then they probably don't have any skills.

PS. What do you think about Obama's jobs bill that gives tax credits to job creators?
villainesta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Really? Why did the cities turn into ghettos when the upper middle class moved to the burbs? How is YOUR plan working in Camden?
You are not too bright. There is not a set amount of money. The money supply can increase. The rich will take their money with them. The poor are too lazy to work. If they are willing to work then they probably don't have any skills.

You are obsessing over yesterdays problems. Money is created by the Fed with a few kry strokes on a computer. It doesn't even have to be printed anymore. So all the Fed has to do is put more money into the system. Let the carpetbaggers leave . We don't need them anymore.
maximus99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

villainesta wrote:
Quote:

You are obsessing over yesterdays problems. Money is created by the Fed with a few kry strokes on a computer. It doesn't even have to be printed anymore. So all the Fed has to do is put more money into the system. Let the carpetbaggers leave . We don't need them anymore.

That causes inflation and devalues the dollar. You are not too bright. There will be more money and less buying power.

YOU DO need the carpetbaggers. Without them you will starve.

I have already proposed letting the states have more power. The states can then compete vs each other and we will see which system works better. Will you support my plan? Are you Gimmycrats afraid of competing against the carpetbaggers? You are a Gimmycrat. YOu are too lazy to work and support your illegitimate kids.

If YOU don't need them then why don't you leave? You can't even provide your kids with healtcare on your own.
villainesta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
villainesta wrote:
Quote:

That causes inflation and devalues the dollar. You are not too bright. There will be more money and less buying power.

I have already proposed letting the states have more power. The states can then compete vs each other and we will see which system works better. Will you support my plan? Are you Gimmycrats afraid of competing against the carpetbaggers? You are a Gimmycrat. YOu are too lazy to work and support your illegitimate kids.

If YOU don't need them then why don't you leave? You can't even provide your kids with healtcare on your own.

No you have got it all wrong. Do you really thing people like Romney and his ilk are going to leave the US? Of course not as they love it so much as they have told us time and time again. And having left they couldn't run for office or control events. No they will stay and be glad even if their taxes rise to the pre-jack Kennedy period of 90%. Yes bring back the old tax structure and bring fairness back.
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
spazcat wrote:

Aren't most of the richest Americans Democrats...Bill Gates...Warren Buffet? I thought just the sleaze bag rich like Trump and Madoff were Reps. It's amazing how petty Reps are. They will whine and cry over a few percent more in taxes and renounce their own country. In the long run we'll be better off without them. They're probably just running a pyramid scheme anyway or directly stealing tax payer money with the help of Republican law makers. Now, the governments of the Bahamas or Singapore can help them start a war to profit from . Reps talk a good game about patriotism, but will pack up and move just to spite a Democrat. It's not all that surprising. True lowlifes.
barracuda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Pres. Obama is starting to tighten the tax loopholes by singing agreements with countries who our super rich use for tax havens. Most noteably the newly signed agreement with Switzerland. Now if Pres. Obama can get the Cayman Islands on board it will help.
The super rich say they haven't done anything illegal by shipping their profits to these tax haven countries to avoid US taxes and they are correct. We need to continue to work on closing these loopholes and many other financial "tricks" which allow them to avoid US taxes or not pay the appropriate tax rate on the money.
Elimination of the deferred interest will help.
I have read some talk of a transaction tax on all stock buying and selling. Supposedly, it would make billions in increased revenue from the buying and selling of stock. What do you think? Also, capital gains taxed as ordinary income. Good idea...bad idea?
Ramjet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:
Pres. Obama is starting to tighten the tax loopholes by singing agreements with countries who our super rich use for tax havens. Most noteably the newly signed agreement with Switzerland. Now if Pres. Obama can get the Cayman Islands on board it will help.
The super rich say they haven't done anything illegal by shipping their profits to these tax haven countries to avoid US taxes and they are correct. We need to continue to work on closing these loopholes and many other financial "tricks" which allow them to avoid US taxes or not pay the appropriate tax rate on the money.
I have read some talk of a transaction tax on all stock buying and selling. Supposedly, it would make billions in increased revenue from the buying and selling of stock. What do you think? Also, capital gains taxed as ordinary income. Good idea...bad idea?

Capital gains taxed as regular income, great idea. It may even spur economic growth by encouraging investment in real business growth rather than stock value growth. Can also help CEO's concentrate on making companies long term profitable rather than short term stock value. When wealthy people depend more on their work income rather than their investment incoe, we will all be better off. No need for a transaction tax if Capital gains loophole fixed. I see it as a 1 or the other scenario. with 1 of them being better than the other.
4everBlowingBubbles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:

yes I have been hearing about UK banks refusing US ciitzens because they don't want the hassle of reporting to the IRS.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/5374095/British-banks-revolt-against-Obama-tax-plan.html
maximus99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

villainesta wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
villainesta wrote:
Quote:

No you have got it all wrong. Do you really thing people like Romney and his ilk are going to leave the US? Of course not as they love it so much as they have told us time and time again. And having left they couldn't run for office or control events. No they will stay and be glad even if their taxes rise to the pre-jack Kennedy period of 90%. Yes bring back the old tax structure and bring fairness back.

Every week there is another story on the net about the best place to retire outside the US? The business magazines like Businessweek, Smart Money and Fortune are always running stories on the best places to retire outside the US.

The answer to your question is YES. People will leave the US just like the came to the US.
maximus99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sharks-eat-commies wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
spazcat wrote:

Aren't most of the richest Americans Democrats...Bill Gates...Warren Buffet? I thought just the sleaze bag rich like Trump and Madoff were Reps. It's amazing how petty Reps are. They will whine and cry over a few percent more in taxes and renounce their own country. In the long run we'll be better off without them. They're probably just running a pyramid scheme anyway or directly stealing tax payer money with the help of Republican law makers. Now, the governments of the Bahamas or Singapore can help them start a war to profit from . Reps talk a good game about patriotism, but will pack up and move just to spite a Democrat. It's not all that surprising. True lowlifes.

That is ironic sicne most of the 47% who don't pay ANY taxes are DEmocrats.

Another flaw with your post is you are always complaining about the RICH not paying their share of taxes. The RICH are Democrats.

When do YOU Dems ever pay your share of the taxes?

Why don't you support my plan of a flat tax rate with zero deductions? Are you afriad of paying your share? If you think Rs are being petty then how about YOU share the same tax rates? That means the 47% pay the same rate and the super rich Dems pay the same rate. ARe you on board or are you going to be petty?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: