Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Millman Center
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spazcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

scorp gets almost everything wrong zero but he's right here. you talk about excessive spending, everybody agrees with you. you think spending on the people who have given us everything is excessive, most of us disagree. lets hope we don't waste any money on disabled veterans, the handicapped or god forbid: kids. Shocked
ZER0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[quote="spazcat"]scorp gets almost everything wrong zero but he's right here. you talk about excessive spending, everybody agrees with you. you think spending on the people who have given us everything is excessive, most of us disagree. lets hope we don't waste any money on disabled veterans, the handicapped or god forbid: kids. Shocked[/quote]

So what part was correct? The part where he projected my age to be less and wished me 10 fold when I got older or was it the part where he claimed I was self-centered?
As for your comment about disabled vets and the handicapped, I've never said anything to denounce spending to aid those people. Seems as though I remember a while back when someone referenced Obama's TV statement about delaying social security and veteran's checks if the congress didn't increase the debt ceiling. In that case it was questioned why not welfare delays too. That poster was attacked for suggesting such a thing. How often do you go to the senior centers in the area? The ones I went to visit to check and see the need were very poorly attended and several even had a township employee to "babysit" ( I'm sorry that person is called a coordinator) So again I say why can't these people meet at each others homes or why can't they join in the local churches activities? I know several Catholic churches who do not care what denomination you are that welcome seniors and even provide a lunch for them.
As for the kids, I have always questioned why we had school sports and then had to use other tax funds for rec. sports. I hate to see the arts programs cut at the schools
but see no reason not to cut the duplicate activities that most township rec departments in the county offer.
sherluck gnomes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Frankly, I am glad to see the improvements that are being/or will be made to the Millman Center. Maybe with a fresh look and renovated kitchen more community based groups will make use of it! If the only groups that take advantage of the center are Seniors...well then good for them and I hope they enjoy it.
ZER0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Since the money has already been allocated and the jobs awarded, I too hope that many groups would make use of the center. I just didn't and still don't see why this $340,00 and last year's roof expense was so needed. If there was that much money to benefit the township residents then why not work it out so that no one has to pay for ambulance service. Seems as though everyone complains about health care cost and that would be a way to benefit all residents seniors, juniors, rich and poor alike.
spazcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

not a bad idea zero, go to a meeting and talk to your elected reps about it. as you said the money for milman has been spent. my gripe would have been with the fact that there is another senior center a mile away. the reality is that seniors vote so you see a lot of things role their way: free bus service, senior centers...all sorts of things. maybe the rest of us could learn something from seniors and start voting. Cool
ZER0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I do go to the twp meetings and I talk often with Van Drew and some time with Lobiando as well as the local mayor and council. I'm a senior and therefore I do vote.....Haven't missed an election in nearly 35 years.
spazcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

likewise, been voting since i was 18 that was awhile ago. as i pointed out though seniors have clout because they don't get bamboozled by either side. as a rule the republicans have an edge but since they've (repubs) gone batsh!t crazy wanting to end s.s. and medicare, seniors have voted the other way. thats how you make your voice heard make sure nobody takes your vote for granted. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: