Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Wildwood commission to place beach fees on the ballot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sea4me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this.

Ask yourself this….. When has Troiano EVER wanted our option on anything?

We are being set up.

If we vote this down, well then it will be our doing when he has to raise taxes.

I am contemplating voting YES for beach tags.

Let’s see how he intends to implement tags without NW, WC, and the owners of the private sections of the beach working with him.

Give Troiano enough rope and he will hang himself. When this boondoggle cost more than it makes, and business suffers from it, who will be his supporters?

Troiano thinks he knows the answer to this vote already and he is counting on you to vote it down, let’s give him this one and let it play out……
Tra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

We are supposed to be a "Family" resort so it's not the price of one person going to the beach it's the price of a "Family". $50 for a family of 5 for a week, plus parking, eating.............it's a no brainer to go a few blocks in either direction and save this $$$
Twisted Oz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
How much will ww realize in new revenue when neither the crest or nw will have beach tags? Plus the 8 blocks or so of private ww beachs? On top of that the 30k or so it will cost to pay for the referendum. How about the lost revenues when families rent their rooms or condos in nw or the crest. Another hare brained idea from BLT. Cool

In addition, Wildwood will lose additional revenue for beach maintenence as provided by thye SID, BID, and 1.85 percent of receipts of tourisim taxes collected and paid for by the State. So they would have to make up all this, around $500.000, before they spent thousands of dollars trying to make it;s first nickle. It's a bust for sure. Stupid is as stupid does-should be the motto of the BLT Team!
Ramjet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sea4me wrote:

We are being set up.

If we vote this down, well then it will be our doing when he has to raise taxes.

Let’s see how he intends to implement tags without NW, WC, and the owners of the private sections of the beach working with him.

Give Troiano enough rope and he will hang himself. When this boondoggle cost more than it makes, and business suffers from it, who will be his supporters?

Troiano thinks he knows the answer to this vote already and he is counting on you to vote it down, let’s give him this one and let it play out……

There is a good chance you are correct. It is such a bad idea that there must be motive behind it. I can't vote in Wildwood but if I could I might go with you. May be a great way to finally get rid of Troianno and his allies.
Twisted Oz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ramjet wrote:
sea4me wrote:

We are being set up.

There is a good chance you are correct. It is such a bad idea that there must be motive behind it. I can't vote in Wildwood but if I could I might go with you. May be a great way to finally get rid of Troianno and his allies.

The only problem, it is going to be a BINDING REFERENDUM, therefore, the taxpayers in Wildwood will be stick with the carcass long after Troiano and crew are gone. This is not about Troiano as much as it is about the future financial stability of Wildwood.
Ramjet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Financial stability of Wildwood? Laughing Do you think it is possible to implement? Even if they have it for 1 unsuccessful year , can't they get it dropped the following year?
sea4me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Twisted Oz wrote:

The only problem, it is going to be a BINDING REFERENDUM, therefore, the taxpayers in Wildwood will be stick with the carcass long after Troiano and crew are gone. This is not about Troiano as much as it is about the future financial stability of Wildwood.

I don’t recall Troiano EVER caring about BINDING REFERENDUMS; if he did we wouldn’t be in the pickle we are in NOW!!!!!
sundayschool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: AC Press article on Wildwood voters Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Talking about the low number of voters on the idea:

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/communities/lower_capemay/small-number-of-voters-could-decide-if-wildwood-adopts-beach/article_bce44514-64e9-11e2-b408-001a4bcf887a.html
kenzo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Most of the people voting do not pay property taxes and don't care about taxes, they get and want everything for free. This should have been done by survey with tax bills as someone suggested. From the AC press article, it looks like the tourism groups are working on a plan to avert the beach fees by helping the city cover its beach costs. All I want is for my taxes to go down to the level as the rest of the island with or without beach tags.
Twisted Oz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You are dreaming Kenzo, the only way that will happen is IF they implement layoffs and concessions with the police and fire unions. Demarzo, like him or not, had the right idea, he only waited too long to do what he thought needed to b done. Again, that is the only way.
kenzo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Dream and hope is all I got since I can't sell without taking a huge loss and I still like the area but can't afford the taxes.
Twisted Oz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

kenzo wrote:
Dream and hope is all I got since I can't sell without taking a huge loss and I still like the area but can't afford the taxes.

I am with you on this one. One problem WE face as taxpayers is, we are losing he war on iidentity. By that I mean, taxpayer / residents vs.taxpayer / tenants. The taxpayer/resident should want to cut taxes and streamline services to be more efficient, not redundant. For example, a drunk trying to keep warm, sets a trash can on fire. A fire engine, ambulance, and police car all show up, and at the end of the month, 3 seperate service calls are reported for the same incident. The figures can lie. That;s another story. But the tenants, section 8 and low income, are bullied to register and vote in a way that is favorable to the current administration, payback by the cops and firemen for saving jobs and awarding contracts with promotions and raises. So it is an uphill battle to be heard among your peers. Quite simply, they know the majority of taxpayers do not live here, and they don;t really care either, just so long as the needs and wants of the administration are met. Afterall, no one wants to see grown men cry!
barracuda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Why can North Wildwood and Wildwood Crest operate their beaches without beach tags through funding from the parking meters, fines, SID, BID, UEZ money and the hotel/motel tax and Wildwood cannot?
wildwoodhaze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:
Why can North Wildwood and Wildwood Crest operate their beaches without beach tags through funding from the parking meters, fines, SID, BID, UEZ money and the hotel/motel tax and Wildwood cannot?

Because Wildwood has triple the amount of employees, compared to North Wildwood and the Crest. That along with a spending problem, lack of accountability, and total disregard for the tax payers.
AfroMan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Truth Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

@barracuda can't put it any clearer than haze did. It is an accurate and factual assessment of Wildwood's woes.
spazcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

left out the municipal debt. oh and personal responsibility, didn't the citizens of ww reinstall these genius's after just recalling them??? it seems a state takeover is the only answer but somebody at the state level must be at the trough also, given the lack of interest. Cool
Scorpion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
left out the municipal debt. oh and personal responsibility, didn't the citizens of ww reinstall these genius's after just recalling them??? it seems a state takeover is the only answer but somebody at the state level must be at the trough also, given the lack of interest. Cool

As usual, you contribute nothing because you know nothing.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
spazcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the sublime followed by the ridiculous! Laughing
barracuda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I was just reading some old articles from last year's budget fiasco and in them Mayor Trioano said the city has 168 year-round employees. Seriously, 168 year round employees for a population of 5000 people? Unbelievable!!!

Mayor Troiano and Clerk Woods also said last year what great shape Wildwood was in financially and they should have about $1 million surplus going into 2013.

The interesting thing is the timing of March 5th for the beach tag ballot. Wonder why?
Well, the extended deadline for all municipal budgets to be introduced is March 15th.
If the beach tag question is approved, Wildwood gets budget A, with inflated revenue from beach tag sales to appease the state Department of Community Affairs, with some dazzling "recurring revenue source", like the $1.6 million lease of the beach last year. The state won't be fooled twice. This time they want it in concrete (approval by the voters). If it isn't approved, the state steps in and works with the officials to develop budget B with reductions to bring revenue and expenses into balance.
spazcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the state has let ww miss budget deadline after budget deadline in the past if i remember correctly. why would it be different this time, hope you're right but... Cool
kenzo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have written the state numberous times and they always send me a nice email back that the take a look at my concerns but they always allow ww to extend deadlines and go above the % cap in years past. The only good thing is I believe any tax increase above the 2% cap, needs to goto a public vote.
spazcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

thanks kenzo, thats how i thought i remembered it. Cool
ww concerned citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I just read all of the responses to this article and I have to say I agree with some and disagree with others.

So lets take take some of the speculation and anger out of things???
I know that liars figure and, figures lie, but these are facts
Wildwood's beach budget is "closer to $2 million than $1.2 million" t loenetti
Why should the taxpayer who is not profiting from the beach have to pay for the beach? Especially when the beach budget is :: removed :: high.
The school budgets which I haven't looked up:
NW $ 8 million?
WC $ 7 million?
WIldwood $18 million, WTF!!!!! 700-800 kids
So to say that non-taxpaying residents dont have an impact on city services is an out and out lie. The rental property owner's taxes are not based on how many people live there just what the property value is and with Uncle Sam paying anywhere from 12-1800 a month per unit, that property owner want to fill them all!!!
Roughly 40% of out "taxes" go to the school tax if $2k of my $4500 goes to school the $10k taxpayer is paying 4k for school, if that property owner has 10kids living in thier property, there is no way the formula is fair and its far from equal across the board.
i dont seperate my taxes as far as saying this is what city, school , county I look at the bill as "my taxes". There is no doubt that they are higher than neighboring towns, but also look at the ratebles as mentioned.
NW has a BILLION more in ratables
WC has 1.7 BILLION more in ratables.
WW has thier most prized property fenced in by the boardwalk. The entire beachfront property has a fence on it, which as we all know restricts our propery values. WC has the entire length of thier town that boarders the beach.
NW has all but 10 blocks of thier town unrestricted by boardwalk.
Speaking of the boardwalk do you think the money given to Wildwood from the SID comes even remotely close to the actual cost of operating and maintaining the boardwalk?
So yes WW is unique and agree or disagree there are problems in WW that have nothing to do with City hall, don't get me wrong there are also alot of problems that both begin and end with city hall as well.
MrMILLER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

"So to say that non-taxpaying residents dont have an impact on city services is an out and out lie. The rental property owner's taxes are not based on how many people live there just what the property value is and with Uncle Sam paying anywhere from 12-1800 a month per unit, that property owner want to fill them all!!! "

Well said, besides the personel running the show,this has to be be one of our BIGGEST issues.
sundayschool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yet another article in the Press about the issue including how much Wildwood gets for keeping the beaches free:
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/communities/lower_capemay/many-who-want-wildwood-beaches-to-stay-free-can-t/article_ffd4d8f4-6d89-11e2-9d6b-001a4bcf887a.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: