Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

President's Gun Control Executive Orders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tea Bag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: President's Gun Control Executive Orders Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/16/list-executive-actions-obama-plans-to-take-as-part-anti-gun-violence-plan/?intcmp=trending#ixzz2IA7T2XpF
spazcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

IMPEACHMENT, IMPEACHMENT, IMPEACHMENT!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tea Bag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Laughing
john

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

How did I ever guess that teaparty would post a link to Faux Spews ? Call me the "amazing Kreskin" . Rolling Eyes
LSMFT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

After just a quick read with the idea that I'll be able to look more closely later, I don't find a problem with the ideas here by Obama. When it get's to funding the programs I'm sure there will be a lot of static sounding in the room.
beachnutz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

LSMFT wrote:
After just a quick read with the idea that I'll be able to look more closely later, I don't find a problem with the ideas here by Obama. When it get's to funding the programs I'm sure there will be a lot of static sounding in the room.

Maybe the NRA can do some good and help fund, instead of throwing millions around to support weapon manufactorers.
LSMFT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:
LSMFT wrote:

Maybe the NRA can do some good and help fund, instead of throwing millions around to support weapon manufactorers.

I guess I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

LSMFT wrote:
beachnutz wrote:
LSMFT wrote:

I guess I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

They already support and advocate:
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

And they already agreed to provide the training necessary for armed personnel in schools:
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
cobra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: schools Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So the NRa answer is to have more people with guns guardingn our schools. Hmmm. what kind of weapons and ammo should they have to defend the children? I mean if someone comes in with an assault rifle with magazine containg bullets that shred the flesh and organs ofchildren, the school malitias wiil need more firepower and backup? say an automotaic assault rifle to save rthe kids, and some tear gas, maybe some stun grenades, a glock with large magazines. body armor, night visiuon goggles, taser, nightstick, brass knuckles, a crossbow..I mean we need to keep the kids safe!!

so this is what american has come down to....more people armed in SCHOOLS!!!! to protect lives.. How about playgrounds? Chuckie-cheese? all grammar, middle and high school sporting events? Proms>? dances? soccer practive...? I mean since guns don't kill, we need more guns, right!
InSANNNNNNNNNEEEEEE! The NRA leadership are cowards just sucking paychecks from the gun and ammo manufactuers and they hide behid the 2nd amendment to scare :: people :: to give them $$$$$$.. what a great scam! Geem guns
How come we ban auto weapons? grenades? bazokas? rocket launchers? Gee....I guess those weaponss don';t kill, only people????
ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Enhanced background checks, enforcement of existing laws and education for the people enforcing those laws?

This is an outrage!
marmoracat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The only issue I have is with #6:
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

Federally licensed gun dealers are going to "run background checks for private sellers". This essentially opens us, as private sellers/purchasers up to lots of potentially expensive fees.
The State of NJ already charges $15 dollars for every NICS check they conduct(which, as I might add, this is usually free of charge in most states).
Since the Federally licensed gun dealer is providing a service, it is expected that they will be allowed to collect a fee for the service rendered. That will likely be up to the dealer.
I could setup a deal for a gun from a private seller, for lets say $30.00(some old junky guns may sell for only $30). Now I then have to pay $15 to the State to conduct a background check, when in every other state the FBI will do that check free of charge and that's perfectly sufficient. Then on top of that, I have to pay a dealer an additional $25 for his service? Well that is $40 dollars in bureaucratic fees on a $30 dollar gun. That's absurd.

What they should do is setup a FREE 1-800 number to conduct a NICS check for private sales. When the check is complete, the seller will be provided with a transfer ID number, in which he puts on the paperwork for the transaction. Every transaction in NJ requires paperwork, one copy retained by the seller and one to the purchaser. If there is ever an issue, both the seller and purchaser will have documentation, including the proof of a background check.

Problem solved, for free, and it includes a background check on private sales, which further ensures that firearms are not ending up in the hands of people who shouldn't have them.
ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

marmoracat,

how can you make dollar amount assumptions on things that don't exist yet? That would be absurd.

Also, this is less about where your $30 :: lousy :: gun goes, and more about where the $1500 gun goes, the one with no trail and no background check.
barracuda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Which executive order stops the mass shooter crazy from taking the legally owned household guns and committing a mass shooting or sniper spree.?
beachnutz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

First of $30 would be a very small fee to pay and who is suppose to pay for the background check///the person who does not have a gun or want one? I pay for my car regestration and the gun owner should pay for his/her gun registration.

Second, the new rules will not stop all deaths by guns and the President stated that, but if they help stop one mass shooting it is worth it.

Third, I am not for guns in the schools, churches, malls, movies etc. If a crazy person did get possession of a weapon he will find a way. Like stated before, do we need an armed person in the playground, at every door, on every school bus....this is crazy.

The NRA should have changed it's name years ago to the NMMA National Militia Manuufactoreres Assoc. Old George Bush was right when he dropped his membership.The NRA have been bullies forever and it is time to show the bullies they do not have all the power....we do.
beachnutz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

First of $30 would be a very small fee to pay and who is suppose to pay for the background check///the person who does not have a gun or want one? I pay for my car regestration and the gun owner should pay for his/her gun registration.

Second, the new rules will not stop all deaths by guns and the President stated that, but if they help stop one mass shooting it is worth it.

Third, I am not for guns in the schools, churches, malls, movies etc. If a crazy person did get possession of a weapon he will find a way. Like stated before, do we need an armed person in the playground, at every door, on every school bus....this is crazy.

The NRA should have changed it's name years ago to the NMMA National Militia Manuufactoreres Assoc. Old George Bush was right when he dropped his membership.The NRA have been bullies forever and it is time to show the bullies they do not have all the power....we do.
ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:
Which executive order stops the mass shooter crazy from taking the legally owned household guns and committing a mass shooting or sniper spree.?

Both 7 & 8 specifically address that serious issue.
Twisted Oz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:
Especially now that they are publishing the names and addresses of registered gun owners, for the criminals to seek out and rob. People love to play with numbers, so let's start keeping tabs on robbers shot dead in the act of burglary, when you think they are there to seal your guns to commit such horrible crimes as mass shootings. Seems like a win win situation. A dead criminal and lives saved. Somehow I don;t think Obama has thought of that scenerio.
beachnutz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Twisted Oz wrote:
barracuda wrote:
Especially now that they are publishing the names and addresses of registered gun owners, for the criminals to seek out and rob. People love to play with numbers, so let's start keeping tabs on robbers shot dead in the act of burglary, when you think they are there to seal your guns to commit such horrible crimes as mass shootings. Seems like a win win situation. A dead criminal and lives saved. Somehow I don;t think Obama has thought of that scenerio.

Can you read or not? There is nothing in the list about legal gun owners not having the right to own a gun! Also, if you want to keep tabs there are probably more deaths (accidental or intentional) from a gun being in the house than robbers shot by gun owners.
Twisted Oz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

And how many women are dying each year as result of domestic violence?
maximus99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It does not really matter.

Dems who support gun control will all be against tough enforcement of the new gun laws.

What is the point of tough gun laws if you do not support tough enforcement of those same laws?

Will the dEms support tough enforcement when the inner city dems start filling the jails? THe liberal nuts like Spaz, Beachnutz, Cobra and Estein will protest and have signs that say, "build more jails not more prisons." Spaz and Cobra will then support freeing the violent criminals at the expense of the middle class will will be victims of future crimes.

Most crimes are committed by repeat offenders. Dems support a revolving door prison system.
beachnutz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Twisted Oz wrote:

AND THERE ARE LAWS AGAINST THAT and some lives have been saved because of restraining orders and the state of NJ taking the guns away from a known domestic abuser.
maximus99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:
Twisted Oz wrote:

AND THERE ARE LAWS AGAINST THAT and some lives have been saved because of restraining orders and the state of NJ taking the guns away from a known domestic abuser.

How many women are not saved?
beachnutz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
beachnutz wrote:
Twisted Oz wrote:

Just like the President of the United States said, if these laws save one child it is worth it. WHY SHOULD ANYONE HAVE AN ASSUALT WEAPON? WHY SHOULD ANY SANE PERSON BE AGAINST BACKGROUND CHECKS? This is not a Democrat/Republican issue. What do you think Romney would have done? I would hope he would have done the samething as President Obama.
maximus99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
beachnutz wrote:
Twisted Oz wrote:

Just like the President of the United States said, if these laws save one child it is worth it. WHY SHOULD ANYONE HAVE AN ASSUALT WEAPON? WHY SHOULD ANY SANE PERSON BE AGAINST BACKGROUND CHECKS? This is not a Democrat/Republican issue. What do you think Romney would have done? I would hope he would have done the samething as President Obama.

Why are DEms against the dealth penalty for violent criminals? If it saves just one child wouldn't it be worth it? Why would any sane persoen be against swift justice for violent criminals?

THe FACT is most violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders. YOU Dems support a revolving door prison system. THe criminals go to jail, get out and commit more crimes.

What good wil the new gun laws do if you do not support tough enforcement of those laws? Let's say a drug dealer gets caught with an assault rifle. How many weeks will he spend in jail before you liberals let him out to commit more crimes? It will only be a matter of time before he is involved in a drive by that kills a child.

DO you support tough enforcemnt of the new laws that you support?
marmoracat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
beachnutz wrote:
Twisted Oz wrote:

Do you realize that all of the features that are banned by Assault Rifle bans, are purely cosmetic? You can go ban AR-15's, and I can go buy a gun with a wooden stock that fires the same round and functions in the same manner.
Not to mention it is the most popular rifle in the US.

Handguns commit 90% of all gun related homicides in the US. Why the push to ban scary looking rifles, yet not a peep about handguns?

Why should background checks in NJ cost $15, when they are free in the majority of other states? I don't disagree with them at all. In fact, I agree with expanding them to the private sales, I just don't agree with NJ charging fees, for a service the FBI provides free of charge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: