Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

55% of US companies pay no federal income tax...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: 55% of US companies pay no federal income tax... Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
A Government Accountability Office study released in 2008 found that 55 percent of United States companies paid no federal income taxes during at least one year in a seven-year period it studied.

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d08957.pdf

This is 2008 Max. You can't blame it on Obama.
maximus99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 55% of US companies pay no federal income tax... Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sharks-eat-commies wrote:
Quote:
A Government Accountability Office study released in 2008 found that 55 percent of United States companies paid no federal income taxes during at least one year in a seven-year period it studied.

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d08957.pdf

This is 2008 Max. You can't blame it on Obama.

Who cares about the rate Max? It's what is payed that counts...and American corporations pay an effective tax rate of 29.2% which is lower than average 31.9% among major economies.

Max, if you read the articles that you use for sources, you'd save yourself a lot of humiliation.

Probably all Obama supporters.

Why don't you support my plan of a flat tax with zero deductions? ARe you afriad you will have to pay your share? ARe you afraid companies that support Obama will have to pay their share?

THe Obama plan will just raise taxes on the 45% who do pay?

If we analyze YOUR two posts and OVER half don't pay anything according to YOU and we pay an average of 29.2% according to YOU then the 45% are paying over 60% in taxes. Those are your numbers!! Isn't it fair to say that Obama supporters like GE who pay ZERO are not paying their share and the companies who are paying are paying far too much?

Maybe you should check with NBC for to findout how you are supposed to answer. I doubt they pay any taxes either.
spazcat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

and yet he will! or the hoodocrats or someother racist imaginary boogeyman he has made up! Cool
maximus99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It is funny how Shark hides when he has to support his position with facts.

Obama's new tax plan is to raise taxes but he keeps the loopholes in place so companies like GE still pay nothng and the middle class pay even more. I thought the Dems cared about the middle class. I guess not.
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the Obama plan closed loopholes and ended subsidies that allowed profitable companies to get away with paying little or in some cases no taxes. It's the Republicans that fought that.

Max, don't try to analyze anything, you're not capable. How can companies pay 60%, as you claim when the tax rate is 39.2%?

My numbers came from a government study. If you don't like it, take it up with them.

Max, for the last time, you don't have a plan. You are barely making through the day on your own. A flat tax has been discussed for years. It doesn't get done because the current system is so corruptible and a cash cow for our Congressmen. Besides, you can't have a single tax rate for all earners. It's just not practical. You can simplify it, but that wouldn't give politicians any room to exploit it for personal gain.

Max, you're only proving that you either refuse or aren't capable of having a reasonable discussion...again. I have to be done with you for a while. You're just a broken record that knows nothing.
maximus99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the Obama plan closed loopholes and ended subsidies that allowed profitable companies to get away with paying little or in some cases no taxes. It's the Republicans that fought that.

Max, don't try to analyze anything, you're not capable. How can companies pay 60%, as you claim when the tax rate is 39.2%?

My numbers came from a government study. If you don't like it, take it up with them.

Max, for the last time, you don't have a plan. You are barely making through the day on your own. A flat tax has been discussed for years. It doesn't get done because the current system is so corruptible and a cash cow for our Congressmen. Besides, you can't have a single tax rate for all earners. It's just not practical. You can simplify it, but that wouldn't give politicians any room to exploit it for personal gain.

Max, you're only proving that you either refuse or aren't capable of having a reasonable discussion...again. I have to be done with you for a while. You're just a broken record that knows nothing.

We have heard that before. THey will just slip in other loopholes. Didn't you get the memo about Obama supporting tax breaks for job creators? What do you think happens when the job creators make money?

Why don't you support my plan with zero deductions, no tax breaks?

I only used YOUR numbers. IF you think it is impossible for any company to pay 60% then your numbers are BS. YOu claim that corporations only pay an average of 29.2 % yet you also claim that 55% don't pay any taxes. Did you ever take algegra? If over half don't pay any taxes and the average is 29% then the half that are paying have to be paying over double. YOUR 55% number must be BS you [Incrediby Intelligent Human Being].
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:

We have heard that before. THey will just slip in other loopholes. Didn't you get the memo about Obama supporting tax breaks for job creators? What do you think happens when the job creators make money?

I only used YOUR numbers. IF you think it is impossible for any company to pay 60% then your numbers are BS. YOu claim that corporations only pay an average of 29.2 % yet you also claim that 55% don't pay any taxes. Did you ever take algegra? If over half don't pay any taxes and the average is 29% then the half that are paying have to be paying over double. YOUR 55% number must be BS you [Incrediby Intelligent Human Being].

Yeah Max, I had algebra...college algebra...I also had three semesters of calculus and statistics. It's not that straight forward max. You apparently didn't read the articles or aren't able to understand what they say. First the 55% that didn't pay was one year out of seven and was calculated in 08. You are far too unequipped to be trying to figure this one out.

Max...are you a special kind of stupid?
maximus99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:

Yeah Max, I had algebra...college algebra...I also had three semesters of calculus and statistics. It's not that straight forward max. You apparently didn't read the articles or aren't able to understand what they say. First the 55% that didn't pay was one year out of seven and was calculated in 08. You are far too unequipped to be trying to figure this one out.

Max...are you a special kind of stupid?

Are you saying your stat was not the norm and really just an anomaly?

If so then your stat was bogus like I said.
barracuda

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

OK

So 47% of people don't pay Federal taxes and 55% of Corporations don't pay Federal taxes.........well according to the Supreme Court, Citizens United, and Mitt Romney... Corporations are people too, so I guess it is OK. Rolling Eyes
maximus99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda wrote:
OK

So 47% of people don't pay Federal taxes and 55% of Corporations don't pay Federal taxes.........well according to the Supreme Court, Citizens United, and Mitt Romney... Corporations are people too, so I guess it is OK. Rolling Eyes

It is funny how Dems complain about certain groups not paying taxes but as soon as someone like me proposes a flat tax with zero deductions the dems all flipflop on the issue becuase they realize they will have to pay the taxes that they propose.
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Just reread the link.

Nice try stupid. According to YOUR reference 55% did not pay income taxes in ONE year out of 8. THat means they did not have any INCOME you [Incrediby Intelligent Human Being].

According to the same source over 70% of foreign companies did not pay taxes in one year out of 8.

Last edited by maximus99 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
Just reread the link.

Nice try [Incrediby Intelligent Human Being]. According to YOUR reference 55% did not pay income taxes in ONE year out of 8. THat means they did not have any INCOME you [Incrediby Intelligent Human Being].

According to the same source over 70% of foreign companies did not pay taxes in one year out of 8.

I gon't get your point here. You are basically repeating what I said then claiming that i'm wrong. I never said in one year. I said, one year out of seven. So What?
maximus99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
Just reread the link.

Nice try [Incrediby Intelligent Human Being]. According to YOUR reference 55% did not pay income taxes in ONE year out of 8. THat means they did not have any INCOME you [Incrediby Intelligent Human Being].

I gon't get your point here. You are basically repeating what I said then claiming that i'm wrong. I never said in one year. I said, one year out of seven. So What?

You are not too bright.

YOU posted in the title, "55% of US companies pay no federal income tax..." THe reality is they DO pay income taxes when they have income. THey didn't pay the tax when they did not have income. Do you expect companies that are losing money to pay INCOME tax when they do not have income?

THe second flaw with your stupid post is that 72% foreign companies did not pay income taxes in at least one year over that period too. YOU were trying to prove that US companies paid less in taxes. THe reality is your source actually proved the opposite of your point.
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
Just reread the link.

You are not too bright.

YOU posted in the title, "55% of US companies pay no federal income tax..." THe reality is they DO pay income taxes when they have income. THey didn't pay the tax when they did not have income. Do you expect companies that are losing money to pay INCOME tax when they do not have income?

THe second flaw with your stupid post is that 72% foreign companies did not pay income taxes in at least one year over that period too. YOU were trying to prove that US companies paid less in taxes. THe reality is your source actually proved the opposite of your point.

For God's sake Max, how can one person be so gulliblle and uninformed. You have a world of information at your fingeritps and you ignore almost all of it. Of course they don't necessarily always pay taxes when they have income. That's what deductions, loopoles and subsidies do. You see Max, here's how it works"
Quote:
Many companies pay no income taxes, study finds
By Charles Riley @CNNMoney November 3, 2011: 3:10 PM ET

Some companies paid zero. And 30 actually owed less than nothing in income taxes over the three years.

How does that happen?

At the root of the problem is a system of inverted incentives that encourages corporations to lobby for special tax breaks -- and politicians to insert them into the tax code.

Corporations pay lobbyists. Lobbyists convince lawmakers to add tax breaks. Lawmakers modify the tax code.
http://money.cnn.com/2011/11/03/news/economy/corporate_taxes/index.htm

You might find this interesting and informative Max.
Quote:
10 Most Profitable U.S. Corporations Paid Average Tax Rate Of Just 9 Percent Last Year: Report: Exxon Mobil, which only sent 2 percent of its $73.3 billion earnings to the IRS.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06/most-profitable-corporations-tax-rate_n_1746817.html

Quote:
26 Major Corporations Paid No Corporate Income Tax For The Last Four Years, Despite Making Billions In Profits: Last year, Citizens for Tax Justice found that 30 major corporations had made billions of dollars in profits while paying no federal income tax between 2008 and 2010. Today, CTJ updated that report to reflect the 2011 tax bill of those 30 companies, and 26 of them have still managed to pay absolutely nothing over that four year
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/04/09/460519/major-corporations-no-taxes-four-year/

And why is my argument wrong because of the 72% of foreing companies payed no tax? You're not getting it Max. You just don't get it.

Sorry Max.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: