Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 



Good Day for the NRA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cobra



Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: culture Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes, a lot of gun supporters are out in force with the "mental health" diversion tactic. Heard one guy say the US has a "gun culture" like that's supposed to dismiss any regulations. Interesting, we use to have a "slave culture" "drinking while driving culture": "child abuse culture" and many cultures that we put a stop to. Oh, Maromacat.. you cited the murders assaults under the assault ban during the Clienton yeras? Well, remember the NRA and supportes watered-down the law so previous assault gun owners were grandfathered in the bill- as well as large clips.The -NRA has used that slight of hand and it hasn't worked--so a lot of those murders were done with previously owned assault weapons.. Besides, who cares? Isn't Texas Tech, Columbine, Aurora, and 20 6 and 7 year olds enough for you?

So we change the "gun culture" for good.....and we live in a less violent society. Who can argue that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Diversion tactic? How about the legal tactic of making sure "nuts" are protected? If cops cannot get the applicants mental history why are they now responsible for the acts of those that should be in the looney bin. Nuts will be nuts. Criminals will be criminals irrespective of the law.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximus99



Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Posts: 3455

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

eyenstein wrote:
JerseyDevil wrote:
eyenstein wrote:

Jersey, I think we both want the same thing. I happen to be very emotional regarding educators giving their lives protecting their students. I don't even want to begin how many tears I shed upon hearing about the little angels that were massacred in Conn. About 10 years ago a Principal in our then home county gave his life, Dr. Eugene Segro was killed in the morning in the cafeteria, before classes began.
You want to protect, as do I, however, I feel a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I agree, we're reading the same book. Just not on the same page. Read my old posts. I'm nothing but a flag waiver for our teachers. I think most of them do remarkable jobs with what they're given and those that laid down their lives in Connecticut are some of the finest human beings I'll never have the privilege to meet. This isn't the last time a travesty like this is going to occur. It WILL get worse before it gets better. Looking for the quickest answer isn't going to solve the problem. Don't lose focus because of emotion. There's more to this than gun control.


Jersey, I wasn't going to respond, but, I don't know how any caring parent or grandparent could not get emotional after hearing of this tradgedy. I have grandkids that but for the grace of God weren't involved in this horrific massacre. We need to put an end to this culture of violence. Personal weapons of mass destruction have no place in ANY civilized society. We as a country are pathetic. The gun lobby, whose only motive is greed cannot continue to set the standard for our way of life. All the talk of "mental illness" is but a diversion from the fact that there is no reason anybody needs to possess these weapons of mass destruction.



When are the bleeding heart liberals going to pass gun control laws? If they do pass laws are you going to support tough enforcement or will you complain about the large number of inner city thugs going to jail?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Interesting.
Did Harry Reid really carry a gun on his person? Oh the humanity. Did he really hang out with the head of the NRA?[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cobra



Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: naive Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Gee Fred, this is a revelation to you that many Dems are NRA members and own guns? Like there are only two sides? you are not very bright with your black/white take on issues. Lot of people in Newtown are gun owners--but they will work to change the LAWS!!! --
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I thought only right wing nuts/NRA members owned guns Erm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximus99



Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Posts: 3455

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: naive Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
Gee Fred, this is a revelation to you that many Dems are NRA members and own guns? Like there are only two sides? you are not very bright with your black/white take on issues. Lot of people in Newtown are gun owners--but they will work to change the LAWS!!! --



Does that make then left wing nuts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cobra



Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: action Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hey Fred/ Devil..obviously the people of Newtown aren't waiting to take action... Talk all you want about pro-gun rhetoric, twisted statistics, warraants, stabbings in China, mental health distraction, etc--but all of you are on the rwrong side of this issue--and will get crushed, just like in the electionns and election to come...the right-wing is dying out...and all of its flag waving, gun violent "rights"....The NRA must be scared to death that they cant keep getting rich off of their spins and lies anymore...
Read below...

About 50 people got together Saturday, then Sunday and again Monday at the town's public library, the only place that could accommodate the growing crowd of 75-plus people.

They decided to call themselves Newtown United. A Facebook and Twitter account were set up. Then they scrambled to find people in the group who could drop their jobs for a day or put off family obligations to go to Washington. The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, which holds perhaps the biggest pro-gun control megaphone in the country, was staging a press conference at the capital.

Shull, Murray and Murray's 16-year-old daughter, Tess, just wanted to be a part of that, if only to stand and listen.

They get that they're entering a foreign, complex and often ugly world of politics and ideology.

"Maybe that sounds like a pipe dream, and maybe that's arrogant," said Shull. "But why not? If we fail, and maybe we will, but we don't know if we don't try."

So many victims, a long fight

At the press conference, more than 40 relatives of people who have been victims of gun violence spoke. One after another, they approached the microphone:

-- Mothers of an 8-year-old and a 27-year-old killed in the Aurora, Colorado, movie theater shootings this July.

-- A man who talked about his sister who was shot to death in a classroom in 2007 at Virginia Tech.

-- A mother who held a picture of her 16-year-old son, gunned down the same year on a bus in Chicago.

-- The sons of a member of the Sikh Temple in Wisconsin where a gunman murdered six in August.

-- The mother of a little girl killed in the Tucson, Arizona, shooting that targeted former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords.

Tom Mauser, the father of Daniel Mauser, who was one of 13 people killed at Columbine High School in Colorado in 1999, walked to the podium. He had on worn, gray sneakers.

"I am here today wearing my son's shoes," he said. "It's amazing we have the same size shoes so I wear them, because he was a member of the debate team at Columbine High School, so I now wear his shoes in this great debate and it's a debate we need to have in this country."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nice play on anothers grief. Just remember.....no nut...not tragedy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cobra



Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: seriously Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Seriously Fred... no assault rifle with multiple 30-magazines with exploding bullets and no dead children--So if he used a handgun, with large magazine, probably the same results--maqybe a few less who were just wounded.. who knows. It's the larger picture.. Taking advantage of the tragedy( and all the previous mass murders with guns)? The people who,live in Newtown town are taking advantage of this mass murders? How..? By trying to stop it from happening again? So we were attcked on 9-11 and spend billions on homeland security and billions more on globalintelligence..but that reaction was OK..but not a domestic ""terrorist" atttack?

You serious? stop playing the conservative line.. you know gun laws have got to change..you know assault rifles and large magazines serve no purpose...you know exploding bullets are insane....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximus99



Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Posts: 3455

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: seriously Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
Seriously Fred... no assault rifle with multiple 30-magazines with exploding bullets and no dead children--So if he used a handgun, with large magazine, probably the same results--maqybe a few less who were just wounded.. who knows. It's the larger picture.. Taking advantage of the tragedy( and all the previous mass murders with guns)? The people who,live in Newtown town are taking advantage of this mass murders? How..? By trying to stop it from happening again? So we were attcked on 9-11 and spend billions on homeland security and billions more on globalintelligence..but that reaction was OK..but not a domestic ""terrorist" atttack?

You serious? stop playing the conservative line.. you know gun laws have got to change..you know assault rifles and large magazines serve no purpose...you know exploding bullets are insane....




Will you support tough enforcement of the new gun laws that you support?


When the jails fill up with urban youth who break the laws will you still support tough enforcement? Will you cry racism?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marmoracat



Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: seriously Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
Seriously Fred... no assault rifle with multiple 30-magazines with exploding bullets and no dead children--So if he used a handgun, with large magazine, probably the same results--maqybe a few less who were just wounded.. who knows. It's the larger picture.. Taking advantage of the tragedy( and all the previous mass murders with guns)? The people who,live in Newtown town are taking advantage of this mass murders? How..? By trying to stop it from happening again? So we were attcked on 9-11 and spend billions on homeland security and billions more on globalintelligence..but that reaction was OK..but not a domestic ""terrorist" atttack?

You serious? stop playing the conservative line.. you know gun laws have got to change..you know assault rifles and large magazines serve no purpose...you know exploding bullets are insane....


Do me a favor, if you're going to argue your point relentlessly, at least read our States firearms laws. Your posting is just coming off as ignorant, because there are many errors and false claims made by you. I understand your intentions, but as I read your posts I'm having to sort and sift through so many things that you appear to be misinformed on.

Start here:
http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/062408_title13ch54.pdf

Specifically page 2/37 - Definition of "Assault firearms", N.J.A.C. 13:54-5.1 and N.J.A.C. 13:54-5.5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cobra



Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: state Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It isn't a "state" thing...it's a national thing with different rules..like people can buy guns at gun shows with little or not background check..and straw buyers, "stand your ground" stupid laws; right to carry laws, and owning multiple guns, and large magazines and guns through the internet, and bullets that do heavy damage... It's harder in this country to adopt a pet than buy a gun....that should tell you something...

LIke the stats don;'t tell the tale? Who needs an assault weapon with a 30-bullet magazine? Go to any emergency room in any twon or city and ask the staff what is their greatest problem? 100 percent gun shootings is number one for sheer carnage....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What we really need is mor feves filled socks legislation.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/traffic/transit/chicago-transit-cta-passenger-attacked-sock-human-feces-184148911.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scorpion



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 6090
Location: NW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:
What we really need is mor feves filled socks legislation.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/traffic/transit/chicago-transit-cta-passenger-attacked-sock-human-feces-184148911.html


No mental health issues there. It's perfectly normal to carry and conceal a fully loaded sock. Laughing
_________________
Lincoln (R) freed the slaves. Obama (D) has enslaved the free.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximus99



Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Posts: 3455

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: state Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
It isn't a "state" thing...it's a national thing with different rules..like people can buy guns at gun shows with little or not background check..and straw buyers, "stand your ground" stupid laws; right to carry laws, and owning multiple guns, and large magazines and guns through the internet, and bullets that do heavy damage... It's harder in this country to adopt a pet than buy a gun....that should tell you something...

LIke the stats don;'t tell the tale? Who needs an assault weapon with a 30-bullet magazine? Go to any emergency room in any twon or city and ask the staff what is their greatest problem? 100 percent gun shootings is number one for sheer carnage....




Will you support tough enforcement of the law that you support?

Will you flipflop when the jails start filling up with the urban thugs who break the laws?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marmoracat



Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: state Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
cobra wrote:
It isn't a "state" thing...it's a national thing with different rules..like people can buy guns at gun shows with little or not background check..and straw buyers, "stand your ground" stupid laws; right to carry laws, and owning multiple guns, and large magazines and guns through the internet, and bullets that do heavy damage... It's harder in this country to adopt a pet than buy a gun....that should tell you something...

LIke the stats don;'t tell the tale? Who needs an assault weapon with a 30-bullet magazine? Go to any emergency room in any twon or city and ask the staff what is their greatest problem? 100 percent gun shootings is number one for sheer carnage....




Will you support tough enforcement of the law that you support?

Will you flipflop when the jails start filling up with the urban thugs who break the laws?


"What are you in for?" "oh, I was at the shooting range with my 12 year old son, teaching him to target shoot and we got caught with a 20 round magazine, got 5-7 for it".
WE the tax payers have to pay for people to live in prison. More people in prison=more you'll be paying in taxes.

Mean while thugs in cities are running around with illegal pistols doing drive by's, killing people who are defenseless, because of ignorant people writing stupid laws that don't help anyone other than the criminals!

An unarmed society is an unsafe society, because there isn't the question of "is this person armed?"
The police cannot be everywhere at every time with their pistols ready to defend you from evil people. It's just impossible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sharks-eat-commies



Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 4176

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: state Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

marmoracat wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
cobra wrote:
It isn't a "state" thing...it's a national thing with different rules..like people can buy guns at gun shows with little or not background check..and straw buyers, "stand your ground" stupid laws; right to carry laws, and owning multiple guns, and large magazines and guns through the internet, and bullets that do heavy damage... It's harder in this country to adopt a pet than buy a gun....that should tell you something...

LIke the stats don;'t tell the tale? Who needs an assault weapon with a 30-bullet magazine? Go to any emergency room in any twon or city and ask the staff what is their greatest problem? 100 percent gun shootings is number one for sheer carnage....




Will you support tough enforcement of the law that you support?

Will you flipflop when the jails start filling up with the urban thugs who break the laws?


"What are you in for?" "oh, I was at the shooting range with my 12 year old son, teaching him to target shoot and we got caught with a 20 round magazine, got 5-7 for it".
WE the tax payers have to pay for people to live in prison. More people in prison=more you'll be paying in taxes.

Mean while thugs in cities are running around with illegal pistols doing drive by's, killing people who are defenseless, because of ignorant people writing stupid laws that don't help anyone other than the criminals!

An unarmed society is an unsafe society, because there isn't the question of "is this person armed?"
The police cannot be everywhere at every time with their pistols ready to defend you from evil people. It's just impossible.


Really disagree with you on that last statement..."An unarmed society is an unsafe society." Japan is one of the most "un-armed societies" and one of the safest. Other countries with few arms are relatively safe. WE are the most armed...and the most dangerous...as far as gun crime. Your NRA cliche makes a great catch phrase for gun advocates, but it's just flat our untrue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eyenstein



Joined: 28 Jun 2011
Posts: 968

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marmoracat



Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: state Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sharks-eat-commies wrote:


Your NRA cliche makes a great catch phrase for gun advocates, but it's just flat our untrue.


I'm not an NRA member.

It has nothing to do with Japan's gun laws. Japan's non-gun crimes are also multitudes lower than that of the United States. Japan's prison crime rate also is much lower in comparison to America's prison crime rate (where guns don't exist either).
Japan's low crime rate is due to their unique "group" based society. They are instilled with DISCIPLINE from day one.

Before you start comparing us to other countries, you should begin by learning about the two very different cultures.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cobra



Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: reverse is true Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Actually, a well-armed society delutes democracy because people are afraid to say anything, curb their freedom of speech and live in "fear" that anybody/antimne can kill them....that is not a Free society by any means--Oh, and people live in fear that those who can't protect themselves are at the mercy of those who are---see Newtown.... W end up living in a fear-based society because of guns.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximus99



Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Posts: 3455

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

eyenstein wrote:





How many people are killed each year by weapons with alternate uses? ARe those deaths ok in your book?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximus99



Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Posts: 3455

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: reverse is true Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
Actually, a well-armed society delutes democracy because people are afraid to say anything, curb their freedom of speech and live in "fear" that anybody/antimne can kill them....that is not a Free society by any means--Oh, and people live in fear that those who can't protect themselves are at the mercy of those who are---see Newtown.... W end up living in a fear-based society because of guns.....



Will you support tough enforcement of the new laws that you support?

When your bros start filling the jails will you still support the new gun laws?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sharks-eat-commies



Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 4176

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The NRA is now calling for armed police officers in every school. I hope their planning to propose a tax on gun sales to help pay for it. Also, considering the fire power that these nuts bring with them, they better be heavily armed and have the best armor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This woman should be put to death for aiding and abetting murder. Right?
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/police_arrest_woman_who_bought_BUsyAnLKnXUPLK8Lf3GSmJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum