Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Good Day for the NRA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyenstein

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Devil, you're more an optimist than me. I don't see it ever getting better. The Devil (not you) was present in Sandy Hook last Friday. He's not going anywhere soon. We can only pray good will win, many, many more times than it loses

Last edited by eyenstein on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Polls show that even NRA members support the common sense goals of banning assault weapons, expanding background checks and prohibiting those on the terror watch list from getting weapons. Did you know you can be on the federal terror watch list and still buy guns? Of course, these are the members' positions and not the NRA's.
cobra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: kids Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think Americans with kids aren't too worried about what the NRA thinks anymore...now if some puxxy politicians knuckle under because they are "afraind" of the NRA's wrath...they ain't gonna be in office very long.
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Parents should be just as worried about the laws that forbid parents from knowing that there is a nut in their kids school.
eyenstein

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:
Parents should be just as worried about the laws that forbid parents from knowing that there is a nut in their kids school.

Amen, Fred.
cobra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: nuts Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

fact is that only a very small percentage of people who murder with guns are mentally ill....all over the news today. That ain't the problem.....guns are the problem
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Seems that most of the massacres are comitted by nuts and most gun homicides are comitted by criminals.

As sharks says to Max. Can you cite a reference about nuts not doing these things?
marmoracat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Clinton enacted an assault weapons ban from 1994-2004, here's a list of school/office shootings that occurred during this period:
11/15/95 - Lynville, Tn School shooting
2/2/96 - Moses Lake, Wa School shooting
2/19/97 - Bethel, Ak School shooting
10/1/97 - Pearl, Ms School shooting
12/1/97 - West Paducah, Ky School shooting
4/24/98 - Edinboro, Pa School shooting
5/21/98 - Springfield, Or School shooting
4/20/99 - Columbine, Co School shooting
5/20/99 - Conyers, Ga School shooting
11/2/99 - Honolulu, Hi Office Shooting
12/26/00 - Wakefield, Ma Office Shooting
3/5/01 - Santee, Ca School Shooting
3/22/01 El Cajon, Ca School Shooting
1/16/02 Grundy, Va College Shooting
4/14/03 New Orleans, La School Shooting

Clearly, the assault weapons ban is not an answer.
cobra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: yes Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

article in Phila Inquirer today...read it editorial page. Gun violence? drug wars, gang wars, heat-of-passion murders, extremists, etc--they aren't crazy--just murderers....

Doesn't matter really now.. the wave of support for strictre gun control and assault bans is overwhelming. Like who is going to defend an assault weapon now? The NRA? Right-wingers? Hardly....and who cares...we will justr roll over them and their supporters.. There is a national groundswell for gun control and it won't be stopped....so play games with mental health, etc people get stabbed in China, guns don;t kill, etc etc.... don't matter....we will win this one and it is so long overdue.....
Just think we will prevent another massacre of children by a killing machine.... who can argue that? Right Fred/NRA?
sharks-eat-commies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:
Seems that most of the massacres are comitted by nuts and most gun homicides are comitted by criminals.

As sharks says to Max. Can you cite a reference about nuts not doing these things?

Huh?
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Was talking to Erm when he said that the guns killed kids and the nuts holding the guns had no responsibility. He claims that it was all over the news that those that massacre are not nuts.
marmoracat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: yes Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cobra wrote:

Just think we will prevent another massacre of children by a killing machine.... /quote]

Will it really though?
Drugs are illegal, and yet it's plenty easy for the drug addicts to buy their dope. There is always going to be a black market of drugs, guns regardless of the laws. Criminals will always have their "tools" and dope.
cobra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: nuts Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The overwhelming majority of all people who kill someone in the US with a gun are not crazy....that is a fact....
Mamora Cat said:" Clearly, the assault weapons ban is not an answer."

I bet the parents of the 20 dead children would argue otherwise..... Easy equation--ban assault rifles and high-=capacity clips and less mass murders...in the future. That's common sense....
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:
Polls show that even NRA members support the common sense goals of banning assault weapons, expanding background checks and prohibiting those on the terror watch list from getting weapons. Did you know you can be on the federal terror watch list and still buy guns? Of course, these are the members' positions and not the NRA's.

Democrats are great at talking about doing but lousy a doing. They will support the ban but then they won't enforce the same ban.

What good is gun control if you don't have tough enforcement? The inner city Dems will still run wild. The 30 year old mothers will still tell you that their babies were good boys and they did not mean to kill anybody. They was framed.
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
hey real man i am glad to hear your call for more money for healthcare so we can identify lunatics like this guy. all it will take is money, still in? be a lot easier and a lot cheaper to stop letting everybody have weapons meant for the police or military. let us know which option you prefer. Shocked

Which of your welfare programs are you willing to give up in return for more money for mental health?

The Dems all want more but are never willing to pay for it.
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: not just loons Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
Not just loons. There are right-wing extremists groups ( and maybe some left wing groups too) in the US who have major assault weapon arsenals--waiting for that supposed "revolution": or their insane belief that Obama and the UN are on their way to takeover the USi th their blue helmets.. Or, like a lot of righ-wingers they arewaiting for the mythical "race war" to start.These "sane" people have ten times the firepower...we need to get the guns out of their hands, too. J

Obama has stated he is going to find a solution to it...and the NRA and its supportes will get crushed this time--long, long overdue. Friend of mine is a hunter and he is raving mad about assault rifles and large magazines on the streets.....guys like him will make the difference.

Would love to hear someone on the board defend assault weapons and large magazines??? I would think all the anti-abortion folks would be against assault rifles and guns, ya know, protect the children> Oh, forgot--only the unborn have a right to life.....

Maybe some left wing groups? LOL. The hoodcrats have better weapons than the cops. Why do you think all the affluent Dems move to the Republican neighborhoods?
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

eyenstein wrote:
JerseyDevil wrote:
marmoracat wrote:
Here's an interesting article for you anti-gun people to read:
http://www.policeone.com/active-shooter/articles/2058168-Lt-Col-Dave-Grossman-to-cops-The-enemy-is-denial/

I told you this guy was on point !

Yeah, blame it on those d*mn teachers. They should be strapped. That guy's sick. My wife taught. They had drills where cops were dressed in fatigues, carrying assault weapons trying to break down the classroom doors. Nice drill, but, what about the playground? What about arrival and departure on the bus? If a wacko wants to kill, he has many options.

The shooters mom was a teacher and she taught him how to shoot. Typical loony Democrats.
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
They have these kind of drills at my wife's school. Great but it doesn't explain why america is the only industrialised nation that has this problem? Two count 'em 2 gun deaths in japan last year. As i said before we need to see how other countries deal with this problem and at least try to fix this. I want to reiterate that while i support the right to own guns i think its time for reasonable gun laws. Cool

Diversity. There is no diversity in Japan. Japan also has less welfare. If you are able to work in japan then you are not eligible for welfare. Japan has a 1% illegitimate birth rate compared to Obama supporters with 80%. The Japanese have pride. Pride vs No Pride.

When are you going to enlighten us on the problems in the schools? Do you want to fix the schools?
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
Oh, yes one thing the far right is all about its spending money on education. There was one dunce (on fox of course) who suggested "maybe if there was an armed security guard there..." there is the answer to the problem of gun violence. MORE GUNS! Brilliant! Shocked

We already increased spending many times over. When did it ever work?

The DEMs and union hacks like your wife only want to pad their paychecks. They don't care about the actual education results. How about we increase spending and if that does not work we then fire your wife and go non union? If you think it is all about funding then will you support my plan?

Even Obama has admitted that funding is not the solution. I Posted one of his speeches on a previous thread.
beachnutz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
eyenstein wrote:
JerseyDevil wrote:
marmoracat wrote:
http://www.policeone.com/active-shooter/articles/2058168-Lt-Col-Dave-Grossman-to-cops-The-enemy-is-denial/

Yeah, blame it on those d*mn teachers. They should be strapped. That guy's sick. My wife taught. They had drills where cops were dressed in fatigues, carrying assault weapons trying to break down the classroom doors. Nice drill, but, what about the playground? What about arrival and departure on the bus? If a wacko wants to kill, he has many options.

The shooters mom was a teacher and she taught him how to shoot. Typical loony Democrats.

SHE WAS NOT A TEACHER, UNLESS YOU CALL A HOMESCHOOL TEACHER a teacher.>
eyenstein

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
eyenstein wrote:
JerseyDevil wrote:
marmoracat wrote:

Max, you are an unmitigated as$whole Crying or Very sad
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beachnutz wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
eyenstein wrote:
JerseyDevil wrote:
marmoracat wrote:

SHE WAS NOT A TEACHER, UNLESS YOU CALL A HOMESCHOOL TEACHER a teacher.>

You can blame that on NBC.
grandjury

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Please advise when you are done playing politics, and wish to seek solutions that our filthy politicians are too greedy to solve Exclamation
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

grandjury wrote:
Please advise when you are done playing politics, and wish to seek solutions that our filthy politicians are too greedy to solve Exclamation

I am ready. I am even willing to let the Dems on the board write the new gun laws on the condition that I get to be in charge of the enforcement and punishment phase. I will execute all the violent criminals. The petty criminals will be sentenced to the chain gangs. A criminals worst nightmare is an honest days work.

The Dems will all support new guns laws but will be against enforcement of the same laws.
eyenstein

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

JerseyDevil wrote:
eyenstein wrote:

Jersey, I think we both want the same thing. I happen to be very emotional regarding educators giving their lives protecting their students. I don't even want to begin how many tears I shed upon hearing about the little angels that were massacred in Conn. About 10 years ago a Principal in our then home county gave his life, Dr. Eugene Segro was killed in the morning in the cafeteria, before classes began.
You want to protect, as do I, however, I feel a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I agree, we're reading the same book. Just not on the same page. Read my old posts. I'm nothing but a flag waiver for our teachers. I think most of them do remarkable jobs with what they're given and those that laid down their lives in Connecticut are some of the finest human beings I'll never have the privilege to meet. This isn't the last time a travesty like this is going to occur. It WILL get worse before it gets better. Looking for the quickest answer isn't going to solve the problem. Don't lose focus because of emotion. There's more to this than gun control.

Jersey, I wasn't going to respond, but, I don't know how any caring parent or grandparent could not get emotional after hearing of this tradgedy. I have grandkids that but for the grace of God weren't involved in this horrific massacre. We need to put an end to this culture of violence. Personal weapons of mass destruction have no place in ANY civilized society. We as a country are pathetic. The gun lobby, whose only motive is greed cannot continue to set the standard for our way of life. All the talk of "mental illness" is but a diversion from the fact that there is no reason anybody needs to possess these weapons of mass destruction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: