Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

A Time to Build Dunes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WWbytheC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: A Time to Build Dunes Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It seems to me this would be the perfect time to start buillding dunes along the beach in Wildwood. The dunes along the beachfront of The Crest and North Wildwood buffered some of the wind and sea surge.

This would be an excellent project for the town's school children and community to join forces as a volunteer program. It would beautify our beachfront and make the long walk to the water's edge seem shorter to endure.

Oh sorry... it probably won't happen cause nobody can make any money on preserving natural conservation.
spazcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Better yet, i will bet the people in the CMC prison system have got some time on their hands. Yes i know it makes a lot sense but putting that aside, whatta ya think? Wink
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

That would be demeaning to the prisoners. And would take away from their tv and internet time.
Hello ACLU.
maximus99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Long_Duk_Dong wrote:
That would be demeaning to the prisoners. And would take away from their tv and internet time.
Hello ACLU.

The Democrats are easy on criminals becuase they want the inner city vote. Criminals get congical vists, free cable and healtcare while the middle class gets the bills. You can thank the Democrats.
Scorpion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: A Time to Build Dunes Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

WWbytheC wrote:
It seems to me this would be the perfect time to start buillding dunes along the beach in Wildwood. The dunes along the beachfront of The Crest and North Wildwood buffered some of the wind and sea surge.

This would be an excellent project for the town's school children and community to join forces as a volunteer program. It would beautify our beachfront and make the long walk to the water's edge seem shorter to endure.

Oh sorry... it probably won't happen cause nobody can make any money on preserving natural conservation.

Building dunes on the beach requires heavy equipment such as bulldozers, front end loaders and dump trucks. It ridiculous to suggest "school children" and community volunteers can build dunes using buckets and shovels.

spaz will be along shortly to tell everyone I'm wrong. Razz

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
spazcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Since i already opined on the subject i will just point to your past track record of getting things right. Cool
Scorpion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
whatta ya think?

I think you should keep your opines to yourself. How much experience and knowledge can one get from building dunes in and around a cul de sac or inner city classroom.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
spazcat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

didn't want any experience, thought it might be character building for the guests of the state. really a shame about your dyslexia maybe you could get someone to read the posts to you. would that help you understand them better? Cool
john

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I can't read what he wrote ( I have him on ignore ) but I can guess that " he who shall remain nameless " probably "opined" that the inner city gimmycrats should rebuild the dunes . Because , all they ever do is take and never work .
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

john wrote:
I can't read what he wrote ( I have him on ignore ) but I can guess that " he who shall remain nameless " probably "opined" that the inner city gimmycrats should rebuild the dunes . Because , all they ever do is take and never work .

Good idea but they would probably steal the sand.
the-eye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

actually your both right yes you need heavy equipment IE dredges bulldozers heavy duty pumps etc. but once built it would be nice to have school kids planting dune grass to help preserve them and give them some community pride that they helped in protecting their home town
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the-eye wrote:
actually your both right yes you need heavy equipment IE dredges bulldozers heavy duty pumps etc. but once built it would be nice to have school kids planting dune grass to help preserve them and give them some community pride that they helped in protecting their home town

You would never get the lower class to do that. It is usually the Republicans who volunteer to clean up the beaches after the DEm day trippers come in from Camden and leave all their trash, fishing tackle, and beer cans on the jetties and sod banks.

Just look at all the trahs the dEms leave in their own neighborhoods. THey are too lazy to clean up their front steps.

If you bring up the subject the lower class like Sharkie, Cobra and John will say, "why don't YOU clean it up." Hmm. I DO clean it up. That is why my suburban neighborhood is neat, clean and safe and the Democratic inner city neighborhood is a ghetto. WHy don't the hoodcrats in the ghetto clean up THEIR OWN neighborhood? THey think it is the guberments job to babysit them.

Spaz will defend the hoodcrats but would never live in a neighborhood with them. He complains about the Rs but then lives in a Republcian neighorhood to avoid the Dems who he supports.
the-eye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

first of all we are talking about dunes not inner-city and you are so wrong !! anytime we have a beach clean-up here , by the way run by Mrs Jones a wonderful black teacher every kid turns out Black White brown even yellow . And I hate to correct you but as someone who worked in public works I have seen first hand your upper-class leave trash broken beach chairs etc. on the beach for us to clean while the ,as you say ,lower-class clean up their spot oh and pick up others trash also
maximus99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the-eye wrote:
first of all we are talking about dunes not inner-city and you are so wrong !! anytime we have a beach clean-up here , by the way run by Mrs Jones a wonderful black teacher every kid turns out Black White brown even yellow . And I hate to correct you but as someone who worked in public works I have seen first hand your upper-class leave trash broken beach chairs etc. on the beach for us to clean while the ,as you say ,lower-class clean up their spot oh and pick up others trash also

If anyone is leaving trash then the lazy cops should do their job and fine the chit out of them. Don't give me the bs excuse that they have better things to do. They seem to have plenty of to go the beech and confront people without beech tags.

Like I said before they should get rid of the beach tag checkers. If you have a problem with trash on your island then tell the politicans to tell the cops to do their jobs. They could easilly fine the slobs who cause problems. The bars are usually not crowded during the day. There are not too many noise complaints during the day. The day is the slow time on most i slands and the cops shoudl have plenty of time to enforce litter laws. Even if they need more manpower then so what. Two fines a day should pay for a rent a cop. Most cops are just too lazy to do their jobs. If you call the cops and tell them you have a picture of a dumper and their license plate they still do nothing.
spazcat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the thread title is spelled wrong. it should be "Time to be a Dunce" Laughing
the-eye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
the-eye wrote:

If anyone is leaving trash then the lazy cops should do their job and fine the chit out of them. Don't give me the bs excuse that they have better things to do. They seem to have plenty of to go the beech and confront people without beech tags.

Like I said before they should get rid of the beach tag checkers. If you have a problem with trash on your island then tell the politicans to tell the cops to do their jobs. They could easilly fine the slobs who cause problems. The bars are usually not crowded during the day. There are not too many noise complaints during the day. The day is the slow time on most i slands and the cops shoudl have plenty of time to enforce litter laws. Even if they need more manpower then so what. Two fines a day should pay for a rent a cop. Most cops are just too lazy to do their jobs. If you call the cops and tell them you have a picture of a dumper and their license plate they still do nothing.
OK your a :: fool :: since the island in question doesn't have beach tags and the police do fine when they see things like that . And if you actually knew what you talk about you would know the police have less on duty during the day since most real crime happens after dark , plus patrolling the beach more would mean they would need more 4 wheel drive vehicles driving on the beach and they aren't cheep !!
Long_Duk_Dong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You should get those yellow kids checked for jaundice Eye.
maximus99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the-eye wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
the-eye wrote:

OK your a :: fool :: since the island in question doesn't have beach tags and the police do fine when they see things like that . And if you actually knew what you talk about you would know the police have less on duty during the day since most real crime happens after dark , plus patrolling the beach more would mean they would need more 4 wheel drive vehicles driving on the beach and they aren't cheep !!

No. The cops could get off of their lazy butts and walk the beach. Most of the visitors are packed near the lifeguard stands. Most of the trash is left in those same areas. The visitors don't need 4 wheel drive to get to the beach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: