Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Lower Township "Debate Debacle"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Lower Township "Debate Debacle" Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The Cape May County Herald published the straight story here:
http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/politicselections/villas/87279-becks+accuses+lower+republicans+dragging+feet+scheduled+debate
spazcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Beck has always struck me as a total tool but obviously he's the class in this race. how sad! Shocked
peanutchew1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

When two reputable newspaper reporters say that Kevin Lare was asked on Oct 1 whether or not the Republican candidates would debate and then had to be ask again two weeks later on Oct 15th, and that the newspapers told him they had to know by the next day (Oct. 16th) at the latest and Mr. Lindsey says he didn't know a thing until Wed., Oct. 17th (his words, not mine) HOW IS THAT MR. BECK'S FAULT?? Why didn't Mr. Lare tell his Republican leader? Everyone knows that that would have been the first thing he reported to Jeff L. It seems they allowed the date to pass so they could cry foul. Mr. Simonsen says that the debate held at the Milman center, arranged by the Herald and the Star and Wave, and moderated by the League of Women Voters would have been a "Beck dog and pony show". Wow....what a slap in the face to those good people!!

Please take note that Mr. Clark was also asked about the debate on Oct. 1st and he responded "yes" immediately.

And, Mr. Simonsen, the bully here is the Republican party, trying to dodge a bullet. Mr. Beck didn't try to put this debate together, the two afore mentioned newspapers did that. Are you calling them bullies? The Independent candidates accepted the offer to debate. They did not try to wiggle out of it by deliberately missing the deadline put down by the papers. And, I am curious....please disclose if you spoke to Mr. beck, mr. Clark, Mr. neville or mr. Douglas regarding a debate and where and when this conversation took place.

Finally, how do you account for the statement by the herald reporter that 98.7 was asked 3 times in Oct. to participate in the debate and they never responded but now, all of a sudden, they want to hold a debate of their own. Strange. Very Strange. Causes one to ponder!
peanutchew1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
Beck has always struck me as a total tool but obviously he's the class in this race. how sad! Shocked

How sad that you do not know Mr. Beck. He is a class act.
Pop Pop Hopp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What debacle? It sounds like the Republicans offered the Independants a date and time to do a debate. If the Independants want to debate, stop running to the paper to write a story on an issue where there isn't one, and take-up the Republicans on their offer to debate on October 27. The Republicans publically offered a date and time for the debate, why won't the Independants accept if they are so eager to ask Kevin Lare questions?
LTNews

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Pop Pop Hopp wrote:
What debacle? It sounds like the Republicans offered the Independants a date and time to do a debate. If the Independants want to debate, stop running to the paper to write a story on an issue where there isn't one, and take-up the Republicans on their offer to debate on October 27. The Republicans publically offered a date and time for the debate, why won't the Independants accept if they are so eager to ask Kevin Lare questions?

Truth be told is that Mr. Beck will have the forum full with his puppets. He's done it in the past, and will continue this tactic. If they all want to debate, do it live on the radio as someone already suggested.
Indy Rob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If the reporters were told that Lindsey was the person to talk to - and they obviously were told because they then contacted him - why would they ask all these other people except for Lindsey? Why did the reporters give the Independants the date and time on October 1, but not give it to the Republicans - and they obviously didn't or else Fichter would have included it in his article? Everyone knows that Fichter and South are in Beck's pocket - it sounds like Simonsen Lare and Craig were set-up!! As Pops said, if the Independants want to debate - there is a challenge floating out there to debate on Oct 27!!! What do ya say Independants? Will you put your money where your mouth is? Probably not, its not Beck's style to yell and scream and put on a dog and pony show
I know what u did

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have always been a supporter for someone who can run a town well. The republican party simonsen and lare were asked many of times to join in on a debate. The republicans lare and simonsen are the puppets they do what they are told from miss j. Lindsey and donahu. Mike and Clark only do what they tell themselves to do. They have never been forced out of west cape may and had a whole dead pig thrown on there lawn due to shafting over there towns people.
barracuda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I believe the Herald and Cape May Star and Wave had their debate scheduled and requested very much in advance of the 98.7 radio broadcast. Why doesn't 98.7 broadcast remotely as it has done in the past with the two other debates from Lower Township? It seems like the Republicans are really pushing for only 98.7. Sounds suspicious. What's the connection? How much paid advertisement is the Republicans giving 98.7 and who is involved politically there. I seem to remember Lare talking a lot on that station.

I'm not buying Beck having the room filled with his puppets. The number of Republican puppets countywide is huge.
Besides, the residents would like to not only hear what the candidates say, but also watch the body language and expressions.
The Republicans should have done the two newspapers sponsored debate, as in the past. Their snubbing of the Herald, Cape May Star and Wave and the voters of Lower Township is inexcuseable.
peanutchew1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Pop Pop Hopp wrote:

No issue? Are you saying the two newspaper reporters are making this up? The truth was told in the article written by Fichter and did you bother to read the Gazette?

On Oct. 1st, kevin Lare is the one who said he would have to check with (or talk to) Jeff L. It's the candidates who were approached and only one team responded immediately and on Oct. 1st ....it was Independent candidate, Norris Clark.

Try to remember: The Republicans were challenged by the Independents waaaaayyyy back in April when the Independent team was put together. The Republicans avoided the deadline date, cried foul, and then offered their own forum.

Dates don't lie....according to two reporters, they had two weeks to respond to the offer put forth by the Herald and the Star and Wave. Then Kevin was asked again on Oct. 15th and still no answer. And by the way...snce when does the candidate have to acquiesce to the leader or the campaign mgr? That's NOT leadership. The answer from Mr. Lare should have been the same as mr. Clark's, "yes" and go back to the repub. leader and campaign mgr. and say "I've accepted a debate on our part". That's leadership. It was explained that the papers had to know by the next day, which gave the Repubs a total of 16 days to respond, they missed the deadline date on oct. 16th so their idea and offer to have a debate was hatched after that date passed. Why is it you don't think that is odd? And just how public was the offer put out by the Repub. to debate? When they were forced to answer the question about why they didn't answer the two reporters in a timely fashion? Do you mean today? Ask them if they contacted the campaign chairman, or any of the candidates. I'm guessing they did not because Mr. Clark had already agreed to debate them, a debate monitored by the League of women Voters. Are they in the pocket of mr. beck?

How Optimistic can anyone believe you are about our wonderful Township when you allow the Repub. to tell you what to write, think and post? Pretty pessimistic outlook, I'd say.
spazcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I said "obviously he is the class in this race" and i get criticized by a beckie? Only in lower could saying someone has "class" be taken as an insult. Cool probably someone from the villas!
barracuda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nah spaz........I got it... Wink

The Republican operatives are in full spin mode for having messed up really bad
and the Beck supporters are just having a little trouble wading through all the "blame the victim" hyperbole....a tad sensitive.

A media conspiracy of two different newspapers to hold a candidates debate, just like they have done for the last two elections. Imagine that.
logical one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

peanutchew1 wrote:
When two reputable newspaper reporters say that Kevin Lare was asked on Oct 1 whether or not the Republican candidates would debate and then had to be ask again two weeks later on Oct 15th, and that the newspapers told him they had to know by the next day (Oct. 16th) at the latest and Mr. Lindsey says he didn't know a thing until Wed., Oct. 17th (his words, not mine) HOW IS THAT MR. BECK'S FAULT?? Why didn't Mr. Lare tell his Republican leader? Everyone knows that that would have been the first thing he reported to Jeff L. It seems they allowed the date to pass so they could cry foul. Mr. Simonsen says that the debate held at the Milman center, arranged by the Herald and the Star and Wave, and moderated by the League of Women Voters would have been a "Beck dog and pony show". Wow....what a slap in the face to those good people!!

Please take note that Mr. Clark was also asked about the debate on Oct. 1st and he responded "yes" immediately.

And, Mr. Simonsen, the bully here is the Republican party, trying to dodge a bullet. Mr. Beck didn't try to put this debate together, the two afore mentioned newspapers did that. Are you calling them bullies? The Independent candidates accepted the offer to debate. They did not try to wiggle out of it by deliberately missing the deadline put down by the papers. And, I am curious....please disclose if you spoke to Mr. beck, mr. Clark, Mr. neville or mr. Douglas regarding a debate and where and when this conversation took place.

Finally, how do you account for the statement by the herald reporter that 98.7 was asked 3 times in Oct. to participate in the debate and they never responded but now, all of a sudden, they want to hold a debate of their own. Strange. Very Strange. Causes one to ponder!

So says the independent candidate a/k/a peanutchew who joined a week ago to come on here as a caring voter - please!
peanutchew1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
I said "obviously he is the class in this race" and i get criticized by a beckie? Only in lower could saying someone has "class" be taken as an insult. Cool probably someone from the villas!

You forgot the rest of your post: "how sad Shocked . "

If you meant that as a compliment to mr. beck and an insult to the repub. party then I apologize but it really came across as a back-handed compliment which, in case you don't know, is in reality, an insult. Your post reads that if Mr. beck is the best LT can do, that makes him the class act and that the bar is not set very high.

After all, you begin your post by calling him a "tool". Not an endearing expression.
spazcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

if it seems i'm giving a backhanded compliment it is by definition a compliment. at worst it is a lesser of two evils kind of compliment but a compliment all the same. and considering they are all politicians i was probably spot on. in other word he is probably the best of a bad bunch. still makes him the best, right? Cool
peanutchew1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

logical one wrote:
peanutchew1 wrote:

So says the independent candidate a/k/a peanutchew who joined a week ago to come on here as a caring voter - please!

Great Day!!! Do you read anything other than Spout Off? OOPS, sorry, did not mean to say something that would hurt your feelings. Please have someone read the Gazette and Herald to you and, if possible, close the hole in your brain but open your mind. Truth can be hard to accept but it will not be denied!. Unless, of course, you are so directed by the puppeteers yanking your chains that you cannot figure things out for yourself, even when it is right in front of you.
peanutchew1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
if it seems i'm giving a backhanded compliment it is by definition a compliment. at worst it is a lesser of two evils kind of compliment but a compliment all the same. and considering they are all politicians i was probably spot on. in other word he is probably the best of a bad bunch. still makes him the best, right? Cool

A backhanded compliment, also known as a left handed compliment or asteism, is an insult that is disguised as a compliment. Sometimes, a backhanded compliment may be inadvertent. However, the term usually connotes an intent to belittle or condescend. [1]

A backhanded compliment may fool the listener, but the compliment remains "backhanded" because the speaker is being intentionally slighting and insulting. In some cultures, backhanded compliments are considered a genteel or polite way of expressing disdain.
logical one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

peanutchew1 wrote:
logical one wrote:
peanutchew1 wrote:

Great Day!!! Do you read anything other than Spout Off? OOPS, sorry, did not mean to say something that would hurt your feelings. Please have someone read the Gazette and Herald to you and, if possible, close the hole in your brain but open your mind. Truth can be hard to accept but it will not be denied!. Unless, of course, you are so directed by the puppeteers yanking your chains that you cannot figure things out for yourself, even when it is right in front of you.

Wow! With you and 1776 (who calls all republicans retards) behind him, how could Beck lose?
logical one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Township "Debate Debacle" Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

norris wrote:
The Cape May County Herald published the straight story here:
http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/politicselections/villas/87279-becks+accuses+lower+republicans+dragging+feet+scheduled+debate

So says the professional lobbyist -- so it must be true . . . Hmmmmm
spazcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

said he was the "best", why don't you semantic that away. who gives a cr@p he is a politician he would walk over his grandmother in golf shoes to get reelected. what are you 2? Shocked
peanutchew1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

logical one wrote:
peanutchew1 wrote:
logical one wrote:
peanutchew1 wrote:

Wow! With you and 1776 (who calls all republicans retards) behind him, how could Beck lose?

Boomarangs hurt when they come back at ya, don't they. BTW...I don't think republicans are retards. My response was well founded based on what was written. Go back and peruse.
peanutchew1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

spazcat wrote:
said he was the "best", why don't you semantic that away. who gives a cr@p he is a politician he would walk over his grandmother in golf shoes to get reelected. what are you 2? Shocked

Can't find the word "best" in your post.
spazcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i didn't post "best of a bad bunch"? Cool
peanutchew1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If you say calling someone the "best of a bad bunch" a compliment than you obviously have never had a real compliment tossed your way. I can understand that Laughing

And I see you have deningrated the good people of Villas. Typical Republican elitiist.
spazcat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

only if its not true! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: