Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 



Dems want welfare not jobs
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
maximus99



Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Posts: 3455

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Dems want welfare not jobs Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SeaGee wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
SeaGee wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
CAn you list just ONE good public school in Philly or Camden? There are NONE!


For the record, there are 2 Philadelphia public schools among the top 10 best high schools in the state of Pennsylvania. 3 in the top 20. 4 in the top 30. 5 in the top 40. 6 in the top 50. #51 is also a Philadelphia public school. If a school is on the list at all it means it is a good school. None of these are charter schools. The school ranked #1 in the state, Masterman, has 53% minority enrollment. #10 in the state, Central, has 70% minority enrollment.

Where is your local high school on this list? Is it there at all? There's a list for New Jersey, too.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/pennsylvania/rankings

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/new-jersey/rankings



Those are not true public schools. They are charters and they have special admissions testing. Those schools are basically private schools that are publicy funded.



Those schools have gone a long way down in the last few years. It is also a FACT that PHilly has been cheating on the tests. There have been multiple stories in the DN and Inky about the subject. Several schools that were recently accused of cheating have had their tests plumet now that the state is checking up on them.

Lower Merion, Council Rock, Radnor, and many other suburban public schools would easilly outperform Central students head to head.



If you want to go with Masterman and Central then I will go with it. ARe you now saying NCLB works? Do the examples that YOU listed prove that our system works?

What is the difference between Cantral/Masterman and the 42 Philly public schools with a sub 50% graduation rate? Is the curriculum different or are the students different?


The US NEws lists are bugus anyway. It reminds me of every year when they list the best neighborhood and they list Abington. LOL. It is an ok neighborhood but not anywhere near the best. It turns out that they disqualify neighborhoods that are not diverse. Typical. They probably do the same for schools.


You made the statement that there are no good Philadelphia schools. I provided a link that proved that you were wrong. None of the Philadelphia schools that made the list are charter schools except Mast, which I didn't count. Don't believe the proficiency scores? How about SAT scores? Here is a website with a chart of the best schools and their SATs. Not much difference.

http://www.selectgreaterphiladelphia.com/data/education/topsat.cfm


No. I asked you to list one good PUBLIC school? I was referring to the 42 public high schools.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SeaGee



Joined: 03 May 2006
Posts: 893

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

For the last time, and I am done with you, Central IS a PUBLIC school.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spazcat



Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 7657
Location: whatsamatta u

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maxiwrong is a better name for you. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximus99



Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Posts: 3455

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SeaGee wrote:
For the last time, and I am done with you, Central IS a PUBLIC school.



It operates like a private school with admissions.

Philly does not even include spending at Central or Masterman or any charter in their per student spending calculations. The kicker is they include the students at charters to [Incrediby Intelligent Human Being] down the spending so they can ask for more money.

It really does not matter. The current grads from Central are a joke. Their performance is way way down from back in the day. If you look at the list of grads from Central from back in the day they were billionaires and millionaires. . Guggenheims, Thomas Eakins, Gov Pattison, Sam Cohen, Sam Katz, Louis Kahns, Alfred Barnes, Larry Fine, Norman Fell, Penn or Teller(I cant remember which) , and my uncles. Ben Franklin's grandson was the first Principal at Central. In the last 30 years all Central has produced is a marginal rapper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tutter



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 830

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

maximus99 wrote:
SeaGee wrote:
For the last time, and I am done with you, Central IS a PUBLIC school.



It operates like a private school with admissions.

Philly does not even include spending at Central or Masterman or any charter in their per student spending calculations. The kicker is they include the students at charters to [Incrediby Intelligent Human Being] down the spending so they can ask for more money.

It really does not matter. The current grads from Central are a joke. Their performance is way way down from back in the day. If you look at the list of grads from Central from back in the day they were billionaires and millionaires. . Guggenheims, Thomas Eakins, Gov Pattison, Sam Cohen, Sam Katz, Louis Kahns, Alfred Barnes, Larry Fine, Norman Fell, Penn or Teller(I cant remember which) , and my uncles. Ben Franklin's grandson was the first Principal at Central. In the last 30 years all Central has produced is a marginal rapper.


All this time I've disagreed with your posts, but this tidbit has me convinced. Most compelling argument I've ever seen on SO. The "uncle" card has been played, game over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maximus99



Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Posts: 3455

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Tutter wrote:
maximus99 wrote:
SeaGee wrote:
For the last time, and I am done with you, Central IS a PUBLIC school.



It operates like a private school with admissions.

Philly does not even include spending at Central or Masterman or any charter in their per student spending calculations. The kicker is they include the students at charters to [Incrediby Intelligent Human Being] down the spending so they can ask for more money.

It really does not matter. The current grads from Central are a joke. Their performance is way way down from back in the day. If you look at the list of grads from Central from back in the day they were billionaires and millionaires. . Guggenheims, Thomas Eakins, Gov Pattison, Sam Cohen, Sam Katz, Louis Kahns, Alfred Barnes, Larry Fine, Norman Fell, Penn or Teller(I cant remember which) , and my uncles. Ben Franklin's grandson was the first Principal at Central. In the last 30 years all Central has produced is a marginal rapper.


All this time I've disagreed with your posts, but this tidbit has me convinced. Most compelling argument I've ever seen on SO. The "uncle" card has been played, game over.



Can you dispute any of my points?

The uncles was just a point of reference. The poster acts like she is an expert on the school. My family was from that area before her family destroyed the neighborhoods.

Central has gone down the toilet. Today's Central grads will be selling pretzels at Citizen Bank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spazcat



Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 7657
Location: whatsamatta u

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

since i've got mini on ignore i can't see what he's posted but i will play nostradamus here...it is either racist or ignorant. possibly both, how'd i do? Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Long_Duk_Dong



Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 3800

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nah....he was just saying how he loves that you are a lifelong rep. Jackarse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spazcat



Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 7657
Location: whatsamatta u

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Gonna play nostradamas again and say you are full of it. How'd i do? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum