Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Intersection Route # 9 & Route # 47 - Rio Grande

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeJack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Intersection Route # 9 & Route # 47 - Rio Grande Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think whoever designed the intersection of Rt. #9 & Rt # 47 must have been 'out to
lunch' so to speak , when conceived .
The right lanes , in all directions , which end without notice in a few hundred feet , are
dangerous and cause a real hazard and traffic problems !
I think in all four directions , the right hand lane should be made a 'RIGHT TURN ONLY'
lane , therefor eliminating the raceing to merge into the same lane.
villainesta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Poor Rio Grande. It's no more than an intersection that the Road engineers either screwed up or did the best they could of a bad job. Yes, it is crazy but for the locals we know the pitfalls but tough stuff to the few out of towners that pass this way.
sunny1017

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yeah I don't get why they didnt make them turning lanes either....
posterX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me why most of the section of rt 47, between the parkway and rt 9 is two lanes, then goes to one lane for 2 or three blocks, then returns to two lanes again? Why didn't they just make the whole section two lanes each way? Whoever planned it, just built in two bottlenecks that are extremely busy during the summer. Westbound of the parkway, you basically have what amounts to four lanes of traffic heading west, and into one lane just after the traffic light at the Shoprite plaza. Two lanes from Wildwood blvd. Traffic coming off of the parkway, traffic turning right from the plaza...all heading into one lane. Instant traffic jam.

Brilliant planning. Somebody got paid a lot of money to come up with this pattern.

Last edited by posterX on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Abaddon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

DUHHHHH...Anyone remember these roads 20 years ago......Much worse...Waaaay more inconvenient....and still led to nowhere. Twisted Evil
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:
Can anyone tell me why most of the section of rt 47, between the parkway and rt 9 is two lanes, then goes to one lane for 2 or three blocks, then returns to two lanes again? Why didn't they just make the whole section two lanes each way? Whoever planned it, just built in two bottlenecks that are extremely busy during the summer. Westbound of the parkway, you basically have what amounts to four lanes of traffic heading west, and into one lane just after the traffic light at the Shoprite plaza. Two lanes from Wildwood blvd. Traffic coming off of the parkway, traffic turning right from the plaza...all heading into one lane. Instant traffic jam.

Brilliant planning. Somebody got paid a lot of money to come up with this pattern.

Try paid off. Shocked
LSMFT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Did undocumented workers build those roads? I hear they are causing bottlenecks everywhere in the country ! Lol ! Laughing
Shotzi21

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

LSMFT wrote:
Did undocumented workers build those roads? I hear they are causing bottlenecks everywhere in the country ! Lol ! Laughing

Well actually, someone from the union came down down and busted the truck drivers,
VillasOutsider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Engineers Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:

I know a-lot of State and County Engineers,and there smart,but they have no common-sense at all with anything in this world,there dumb as a box of rocks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: