Search
Close this search box.

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Search

American Muslim Proud, Grateful for Our Nation

By Qadir

To The Editor:
As an American Ahmadi Muslim of Pakistani descent, I take special meaning from Independence Day. On May 28 in Pakistan, terrorists attacked two mosques belonging to the Ahmadiyya Muslim community, killing 94 and injuring hundreds. Long persecuted for our belief in Mirza Ghulam Ahmad as the Messiah, members of my community in Pakistan live and practice in secret under penalty of arrest and death.
Not only does Pakistan constitutionally sponsor this terrorism, but Pakistani clerics canvas every major media outlet, commending the murders of Ahmadi Muslims, Christians and Jews. In a nation that once was, and still is, home to much of my family, it is unfathomable that such grave injustices thrive.
America’s forefathers founded our great nation in part to escape religious persecution. As we celebrated our 234th Independence Day, I stood among my fellow Americans proud and grateful that our nation held fast to its original ideals of freedom. I hope one day that those bound by injustice will experience the true beauty of freedom.
NUSRAT QADIR
Morristown

Spout Off

Dennis Township – Sorry Democrats, who was it that fought Trump’s immigration policy tooth and nail? Oh right, that was you! So you don’t get to blame Trump for illegal immigrants murdering Americans. I don’t think…

Read More

Del Haven – Imagine that at a rose garden ceremony where a president is about to sign legislation into law, a group opposed to the legislation, breaks onto the White House grounds. They attack security and…

Read More

Wildwood Crest – The UAW’s successful unionization effort at a Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee — the first successful unionization effort at a car factory in the South since the 1940s — is breaking the…

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content