Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

wildwood car show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dude123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: wildwood car show Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The cops in wildwood destroyed the car show . they look like Criminal parked on every corner . giving out tickets for every lttle thing .
the car show wont be here next year we lost a lot of money this year . great job mayor . rip up them tickets get your police under control
Twisted Oz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

No lie, I was coming SB on Rt. 55, around MP39, when an old 65-67 plymouth passed us doing around 95 MPH ( we were doing 75 and he passed us like we were standing still). It was an older 4- dr. car, really showing it's age and we later were able to catch up to the car on Rt.47. A young white kid with scruffy beard and black horn rim glasses was driving. Tonight we found him again in Wildwood on Ocean Ave. If not in Wildwood, the State Police should have grabbed him on Rt. 55 for speeding/reckless driving. So if he gets stopped for burning rubber on Ocean Ave. it's getting off easy for what he should have received earlier.
montu07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: what a joke Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Had some friends who were ticketed for doing nothing more than revving thier engines at a traffic light!! It's no wonder that the Boardwalk Nationals gets smaller and smaller each year. They are law abiding citizens but it seems like Wildwood doesn't want them! For the most part;the Boardwalk Nationsls attendees are good people, seems like the problems start with the outsiders who bring thier Hondas and Hundais to the show! With their sound systems who cost more than thier cars!! Guess Wildwood wont be happy until the tourist season stops at Labot Day! And then all of the motels and restaurants and other businesses will complain about the lack of businees during the off season. People in Wildwood :: removed :: about every event that happens In Wildwlld but they are the same people who :: removed :: that nthing happens in Wildwlood! Was on the boardwalk Saturday evening! Lots of money being spent at the restaurants and businesses during the Boyscout/Girlscout campout on the beach as well as theHotrodders! Which is it Wildwood??? Do youwant to be a tourist destination or a 3 month out of the year hick town????
posterX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't get it...the cops crack down on the car dirt bags but won't crack down on the biker dirt bags and their illegal pipes. Good riddance to all of them.
Abaddon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

YEAH!!!! ......EXACTLY.....I t Undermines Wildwood's Family Image.
capemay08204

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

We went over late Sunday morning and they were all gone.I guess they did not stick around as in previous years. I always enjoyed the car show on the boardwalk. The bikers are worse!!!
Mr. Del Haven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Abaddon wrote:
.I t Undermines Wildwood's Family Image.

Very Happy Very Happy
marydelcorio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wildwood has a family image?! I don't think so!!!
Poor Trailer Trash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

marydelcorio wrote:
Wildwood has a family image?! I don't think so!!!
Section 8 families is Wildwoods image.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
freddy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I hope all those cars had lo-jack. It is WW afterall.
Harleyguy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:
I don't get it...the cops crack down on the car dirt bags but won't crack down on the biker dirt bags and their illegal pipes. Good riddance to all of them.

I find it humorous that the only think MOST people complain about is the loud pipes.....LOL
Its for OUR safety since most of you cant seem to drive your self out of a wet paperbag. So we NEED them louder.

Plus they do sound cool......LOL
posterX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Harleyguy wrote:
posterX wrote:

I find it humorous that the only think MOST people complain about is the loud pipes.....LOL
Its for OUR safety since most of you cant seem to drive your self out of a wet paperbag. So we NEED them louder.

When it's painful, it's too loud. Way too loud. It only sounds cool to you. To everyone else it's an annoying cry for attention.
Harleyguy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:
Harleyguy wrote:
posterX wrote:

When it's painful, it's too loud. Way too loud. It only sounds cool to you. To everyone else it's an annoying cry for attention.

Well i would agree to a certain point. When it IS painful yes that would be too loud and not really necassary but LOUD pipes do save lives. I would say that its about 50/50. For some it is a cry for attention yes but for some of us it is for safety. As par for the course you just cant pigeonhole every one of us into the same catagory.

But then again...you probably will anyway....
posterX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Harleyguy wrote:
posterX wrote:
Harleyguy wrote:
posterX wrote:

Well i would agree to a certain point. When it IS painful yes that would be too loud and not really necassary but LOUD pipes do save lives. I would say that its about 50/50. For some it is a cry for attention yes but for some of us it is for safety. As par for the course you just cant pigeonhole every one of us into the same catagory.

I will give up on the "too loud pipes" gripe if you show me statistics that Honda riders have more accidents because of their "whisper" like engines than Harley riders with ear splitting pipes that you can hear across town. Also, some Harley's are much louder...ridiculously louder than others.

No, I don't pigeon hole every Harley rider. As I've said all along. No illegal pipes, no outlaw bikers...no problem. I can' put up with 280 lb women in skin type leather shorts and 1/2 tops for a weekend. I'll just eat light and stay in the Crest.
Harleyguy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:
Harleyguy wrote:
posterX wrote:
Harleyguy wrote:
posterX wrote:

I will give up on the "too loud pipes" gripe if you show me statistics that Honda riders have more accidents because of their "whisper" like engines than Harley riders with ear splitting pipes that you can hear across town. Also, some Harley's are much louder...ridiculously louder than others.

No, I don't pigeon hole every Harley rider. As I've said all along. No illegal pipes, no outlaw bikers...no problem. I can' put up with 280 lb women in skin type leather shorts and 1/2 tops for a weekend. I'll just eat light and stay in the Crest.

Well i dont know of any statistics but that doesnt mean there arent any. I'm just saying that from my own personal experience when i ride, i prefer louder pipes than not. It does make people who are texting or talking on the phone or who are just plain oblivious to riders a little more conscious of us and aware that we are nearby thats all.

Some riders bore out the insides to make them as loud as possible. I have a nice set of Vans & Hines stock pipes that are louder but not obnoxiously loud like your refering to. This makes people a little more aware than if i was riding a Yamaha stock piped bike.
posterX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Harleyguy wrote:
posterX wrote:
Harleyguy wrote:
posterX wrote:
Harleyguy wrote:
posterX wrote:

Well i dont know of any statistics but that doesnt mean there arent any. I'm just saying that from my own personal experience when i ride, i prefer louder pipes than not. It does make people who are texting or talking on the phone or who are just plain oblivious to riders a little more conscious of us and aware that we are nearby thats all.

Some riders bore out the insides to make them as loud as possible. I have a nice set of Vans & Hines stock pipes that are louder but not obnoxiously loud like your refering to. This makes people a little more aware than if i was riding a Yamaha stock piped bike.

OK...I believe you're being sincere in your belief...everybody wants to feel safe when they're out on the road...but it may not be the case that louder bikes are safer. I googled "loud motorcycles safer" and found some information you might want to check out. This is from http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/streetsurvival/dangerous_motorcycle_safety_myths/index.html
Quote:
Myth 2: Loud Pipes Save Lives

Yeah, there are a few situations—like where you are right next to a driver with his window down who is about the to change lanes—where full-time noise-makers might help a driver notice you, but all that noise directed rearward doesn't do much in the most common and much more dangerous conflict where a car turns in front of you. Maybe it's the fatigue caused by the noise, maybe it's the attitudes of riders who insist on making annoying noise, or perhaps loud bikes annoy enough drivers to make them aggressive. Whatever the reason, the research shows that bikes with modified exhaust systems crash more frequently than those with stock pipes. If you really want to save lives, turn to a loud jacket or a bright helmet color, which have been proven to do the job. Or install a louder horn.

I'm not saying this is fact..just worth considering. The goal is to be safe on the road. I have made my feelings on biker weekend clear, but one thing I've never wished on anyone is to be hurt in an accident. I ride a bicycle on busy area roads like rt 9 and 47. I share your concerns about some kid that is texting or otherwise not paying attention and wandering onto my path and sending me to the hospital.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: