Thursday, March 28, 2024

Search

Reader Gives His Take on Snowstorm

By Holt

To The Editor:
These are a few random thoughts during a snowstorm:
This snow really needs to stop. I can see Russia from my front porch.
The snow blower is the greatest invention in the history of mankind.
Snow blowers will be included in this year’s post-Christmas sales. But stores will raise the price on them by $200.
I’m looking for an entry in the Iditarod right now.
Santa Claus came early for me this year. My neighbor’s snow blower just helped to rescue my car from a premature solemn street burial.
His snow blower just extended the warranty on my back for another five years or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
A lot of people really show their good sides and pull together when a community emergency like a major snowstorm arises.
Why does it take a problem to bring out the good in people in too many cases?
According to the latest reports from the airport, current snowfall totals for the Wenonah, Mantua, and Woodbury area are at approximately 367 inches. If you don’t feel these totals are accurate, go do your own calculations at your own airport. The three communities share one yardstick.
I’ve never shoveled snow from the branches of plants before, and I hope I never do again. At least I shoveled the branches of the plants which weren’t totally snow-covered.
Where is Yukon Cornelius and that giant Bumble when you really need him? Why do local television stations have continuous coverage of a snowstorm during said snowstorm? I know it’s snowing outside, that’s why I came inside; to watch the snow on TV. Entertain me, will you?
After you have already seen two feet of snow in December, doesn’t that mean the next time we hear a forecast of three to six inches of snow we should just poo-pooh it? And we shouldn’t see any panic attacks while people are looting the local ShopRite? And we don’t have to be hunkering down in our old leftover Y2K bunker with two months worth of supplies (including chips, salsa and wings) the next time Kathy Orr calls for snow flurries? We’ve gotten past those days by now, haven’t we? Haven’t we?
Nah.
BOB HOLT
Wenonah

Spout Off

Villas – To the channel40 spouter. You may be able to get Philly channel with a different store antenna. I guess that's the closest after Vineland.

Read More

Villas – It’s obvious if you take a quick glance at the ariel photo of Hereford Inlet that the grid of Wildwood development violates the natural shoreline. Stop the bickering and don’t use my tax dollars to…

Read More

Court House – Reading the Spout offs you find clear evidence that our Public Education is destroying this once Great Country. We once had the best Public Education in the World ,today 2024 our Public Education is…

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content