Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Chris Christie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Chris Christie
Will he get re-elected?
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
Will he be voted out?
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Or will the next Big Mac he eats kill him and put us out of our misery?
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 31

Wilder West

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Chris Christie Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Worst vote I ever casted!
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'd like to hear why you voted for Christie and why you now think that vote was a mistake?
ERMA23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Probably because west is a teacher and now that christie is attacking the teacher unions teachers actually have to do there jobs.
Wilder West

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Erma what happened did you spend all your time smoking in the boys bathroom and missed out on a education? Now you blame the teachers because you were lazy and always slacking off.

Christie turned out to be the typical politician who said what he needed to get elected and then went back on the very words that he spouted to get the vote.

Christie also comes across as a disrespectful pompous a@@ when he speaks to people that disagree with him and question his choices.
Wilder West

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

With all due respect goober she had the right to question why you think it's fair to cut funding.

http://video-embed.nj.com/services/player/bcpid651974715001?bctid=997978054001
rummrunner2

Location: family has been lifetime resident of stone harbor since 1930

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wilder West wrote:
With all due respect goober she had the right to question why you think it's fair to cut funding.

yes she asked a fair ? .what did he say wrong there .HE CHOOSE TO SEND HIS KIDS TO A private school.so why should he have to EXPLAIN HIS way he HANDLES his private business.I bet 2-1 you voted for obama when he promised change.he has changed stuff for the worse .FORCING HIS healthcare on us NOT LETTING BY LAW .THE READING OF THAT BILL BEFORE he forced them in the white house to vote it in SO WHAT IF YOU THINK Chris Christie IS WRONG ON THE WAY HE ANSWERED that lady .
ERMA23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wilder West wrote:
Erma what happened did you spend all your time smoking in the boys bathroom and missed out on a education? Now you blame the teachers because you were lazy and always slacking off.

Christie turned out to be the typical politician who said what he needed to get elected and then went back on the very words that he spouted to get the vote.

Christie also comes across as a disrespectful pompous a@@ when he speaks to people that disagree with him and question his choices.

Actually, i held an A/B average in all of my college bound classes, served 4 years in the military and am now using my G.I. bill to get my business degree and happen to be keeping my GPA above par doing that. The point i am trying to make is that tenures are no longer safe and therefore teachers have to do there jobs in order to keep them.
toto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Christie Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wilder West wrote:
Worst vote I ever casted!

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I'm with you the biggest mistake I ever made was voting for that dictator. The only people he care's about are himself & his rich friends. Also I am not a teacher, just one of the middle class that he is out to destroy.
sea4me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Those who can, do!

Those who can’t TEACH!!!!!!
Wilder West

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The point i am trying to make is that tenures are no longer safe and therefore teachers have to do there jobs in order to keep them.

Tenure is a bad thing. Once someone reaches that, they stop caring. Jobs should never be untouchable. Tenured teachers think they are untouchable. Same with politicians, once they start f-ing things up they are untouchable at least until the next election.
Wilder West

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rummrunner2 wrote:
Wilder West wrote:

yes she asked a fair ? .what did he say wrong there .HE CHOOSE TO SEND HIS KIDS TO A private school.so why should he have to EXPLAIN HIS way he HANDLES his private business.I bet 2-1 you voted for obama when he promised change.he has changed stuff for the worse .FORCING HIS healthcare on us NOT LETTING BY LAW .THE READING OF THAT BILL BEFORE he forced them in the white house to vote it in SO WHAT IF YOU THINK Chris Christie IS WRONG ON THE WAY HE ANSWERED that lady .

You are wrong. The lady asked a question. She implied nothing. It is her business. He took it personally and responded unprofessionally. She had every right to want to know if Christie had a vested interested in the public education system since he didn't have any children involved in it. He ran for public office, which made every aspect of his life public.
Scorpion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Here's a question for all you local teachers and past graduates of the area public schools.

Why do YOU choose to send your kids to private high schools? It seems to me that you don't have much faith in your own profession. You trust your own children to those who are not qualified members of your union and in most cases are either less educated than yourselves or teaching a subject they are not qualified in.

I don't get.[/list]

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wilder West wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
Wilder West wrote:

You are wrong. The lady asked a question. She implied nothing. It is her business. He took it personally and responded unprofessionally. She had every right to want to know if Christie had a vested interested in the public education system since he didn't have any children involved in it. He ran for public office, which made every aspect of his life public.

Agreed, he's a public official. Someone with great influence on the public school system in NJ..What's wrong with NJ's public schools that he feels the need to send his kids to a parochial school? CCD would give his kids the Catholic education he claims he was looking for. Seems to me the guy is hiding behind religion to avoid answering a very poignant question.
barracuda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Christie has kept his campaign promises to the taxpayers to try and address the causes of our high taxes in NJ. He did his part from the state, along with the Senate and Assembly with public pension and healthcare reform, and gave the local officials their "toolkit" to control the taxes locally.
He is doing exactly what the people elected him to do and will re-elect him to continue.
Dennisman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sea4me wrote:
Those who can, do!

Those who can’t TEACH!!!!!!

I Guess a teacher didn't teach you , I suppose you graduated from home schooling with honors I Bet. Remarks like that which are by the way disrespectful to all teachers and no i am not a teacher .
Scorpion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Five days have passed and not one local public school teacher wants to tell us why they, also, refuse to send their own kids to a public high school in this area. Even the superintendent in Lower sent his kids to a catholic HS. You know who you are. Enlighten the taxpayers as to why YOU chose a catholic secondary education for your kids over the public high schools.

Barracuda is right:
Quote:
He is doing exactly what the people elected him to do and will re-elect him to continue.

spazcat 9/23/2013
BuyTheBay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
Five days have passed and not one local public school teacher wants to tell us why they, also, refuse to send their own kids to a public high school in this area. Even the superintendent in Lower sent his kids to a catholic HS. You know who you are. Enlighten the taxpayers as to why YOU chose a catholic secondary education for your kids over the public high schools.

Barracuda is right:
Quote:

This coming from someone who complained about a couple kids with Autism when Christie spoke at the Airport a few months back.
Scorpion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
This coming from someone who complained about a couple kids with Autism when Christie spoke at the Airport a few months back.

Let's get one thing straight right here, right now. I complained about the distraction of kids in view of the recording camera who couldn't sit still and seemed to not want to be there.

Some one politely advised me these were autistic kids and there was some type of autism theme to the governor's town hall meeting. I did not know that. I never saw the word autism in any press release prior to the town hall meeting. After finding out, I was very embarrassed and did offer an apology for my ignorance.

If you aren't big enough to see my mistake for what it was, a mistake, then you have a bigger problem.

Now, what teacher has the balls to tell us why they don't support the secondary education provided by their NJEA union brothers and sisters? Buythebay, why don't you go first? I really want some insight into why you criticize the governor for doing the same thing many of you teachers yourselves do.

spazcat 9/23/2013
barracuda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If anyone doubts Governor Christie will get re-elected, they need only look at the recall election results in Wisconsin. This was a big win for Governor Walker and an affirmation of his initiatives.
spazcat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda, a big win really? more than 33% of them turned out less than a year after the elections. plus all six on recall ballots less than a year later, an odd definition of a big win. i guess you view the little big horn as a big win for the indians, they won but it wound up being the thing that inspired their enemies (us) to destroy them utterly. walker one term, christie i'm not as sure since he's started to show evidence of political savvy. people in he!! want ice water and air conditioning, don't mean they're gonna get it. teapartiers beware Razz
Scorpion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

A win is a win be it by 1 point or by 100 points, 1 vote or 100 votes...........just saying. Shocked

spazcat 9/23/2013
barracuda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Being able to defeat $35 million in union political activism money and untold numbers of public workers being bused in from all over the country to work on this recall campaign....yeah, this vote turned out to be a big win for Walker and Republicans.

Maybe Walker will be one term; Christie too. The point is their reform initiatives will stay, regardless if they continue in office or not.
villian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

While I realize it's unfair to compare, he's no Dudley.

Ironically, however, I suspect he may be vulnerable to the allure of a delicious Dud1ey Dog or two.
spazcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

barracuda 35 mil in union money and about 100 mil in corporate money for walkers peeps! don't cherry pick facts. the reality is if walker and christie are one termers the message will not be lost on the next batch of repubs. politicians want to get in office and stay there if you don't know that you don't know them. fiscal responsibility is great but screwing everybody except your paymasters is short sighted and suicidal. Laughing
JerseyDevil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:

Now, what teacher has the balls to tell us why they don't support the secondary education provided by their NJEA union brothers and sisters? Buythebay, why don't you go first? I really want some insight into why you criticize the governor for doing the same thing many of you teachers yourselves do.

Should any teacher here not sending their kid(s) to a public school simply take the governor's stance and tell you its none of your business?

I'm sure everyone has a reason for sending their kids to a private school. Some people live in bad areas that they don't want to work in let alone send their kids to school. Some want specialized curriculum. Some public schools have too large of a ratio of students to teachers for the parents' liking. That doesn't mean that the teachers themselves aren't doing their jobs. They do with what they're given.

The governor however, can afford to live in any town he chooses and essentially hand pick the finest public school system and more than afford to send his kid(s) to CCD or even hire a priest for private classes in religion but he didn't do that. He hid behind a 'religious' stance and avoided telling everyone what he thought of public education like most of us receive while trashing the teachers and cutting their budgets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: