Search
Close this search box.

Friday, April 26, 2024

Search

Great music, family fun highlight Block Party

By On Deck Staff

Enjoy the last weekend in August with a day of free family fun and music at the annual Wildwood Block Party and Music Festival, kicking off at 1 p.m., Aug. 29 at Fox Park, Ocean and Montgomery aves., directly across from the Wildwoods Convention Center.
The Wildwood Block Party and Music Festival will feature family fun, food, crafts and free live entertainment all day long.
Once the sun goes down, the Fox Park Amphitheater stage will heat up with a special, free Motown concert starring several classic Motown artists. The concert is scheduled to start at 8 p.m.
Below is a list of acts performing at the free Motown concert, along with their famous songs:
• The Blue Notes – “Bad Luck” and “The Love I Lost”
• The Contours – “Do You Love Me…Like I Knew You Would”
• Kim Weston – “Take Me In Your Arms”
• Martha Reeves and the Vandellas – “Heat Wave” and “Dancing In The Streets.”
For additional information, call 609-522-2444.

Spout Off

Dennis Township – Sorry Democrats, who was it that fought Trump’s immigration policy tooth and nail? Oh right, that was you! So you don’t get to blame Trump for illegal immigrants murdering Americans. I don’t think…

Read More

Del Haven – Imagine that at a rose garden ceremony where a president is about to sign legislation into law, a group opposed to the legislation, breaks onto the White House grounds. They attack security and…

Read More

Wildwood Crest – The UAW’s successful unionization effort at a Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee — the first successful unionization effort at a car factory in the South since the 1940s — is breaking the…

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content