Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Why aren't our leaders screaming about this this?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
posterX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Why aren't our leaders screaming about this this? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

According to the Federal Reserve Economic Database, the U.S. imported 62% of its oil - or 362 million barrels - last month alone. That's $41.7 billion that was sent to foreign countries for oil.

Our oil import numbers continue to be astronomical and our country continues to suffer as a result. In a time of economic turmoil, our crippling dependence on OPEC oil represents the height of fiscal irresponsibility - particularly when we have the ability to use our own vast domestic natural gas resources.

Could it have anything to do with the amount of money that the oil industry donates to election coffers and to lobby our leaders? I think I remember reading that Exxon gets tax breaks for buying oil from countries like Nigeria, because they hit them up a big tax just to buy their oil.
CrestExpat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I am all for getting our oil from our own soil, but that being said we need to develope alternative sources of energy...the oil will eventually run out...

Where is Doc Brown and his Mr Fusion when you need him?
rummrunner2

Location: family has been lifetime resident of stone harbor since 1930

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Why aren't our leaders screaming about this this? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:
According to the Federal Reserve Economic Database, the U.S. imported 62% of its oil - or 362 million barrels - last month alone. That's $41.7 billion that was sent to foreign countries for oil.

Our oil import numbers continue to be astronomical and our country continues to suffer as a result. In a time of economic turmoil, our crippling dependence on OPEC oil represents the height of fiscal irresponsibility - particularly when we have the ability to use our own vast domestic natural gas resources.

Could it have anything to do with the amount of money that the oil industry donates to election coffers and to lobby our leaders? I think I remember reading that Exxon gets tax breaks for buying oil from countries like Nigeria, because they hit them up a big tax just to buy their oil.
why should the goverment do anything .THEY ARE ALREADY SLEEPING WITH THEM.why do you think OBAMA gave those permits to those NON-AMERICAN oil companies.WHILE BANNING us from doing the same thing THEY WILL BE DOING
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Not sure what the previous consumer of Faux News refers to, but we can be pretty sure it proves to be inaccurate spin.
posterX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:
Not sure what the previous consumer of Faux News refers to, but we can be pretty sure it proves to be inaccurate spin.

It sounds like something from an Urban Legend that was going around a while ago.

Both parties are to blame for our predicament. Both have "pet" positions and fight the other side. We need to do everything. Increase domestic production, conserve and develop alternate sources.

Both parties keep us in a stalemate by pushing their position and fighting the other party. The right only wants to drill and fights conservation and alternative energy programs. The left only wants conservation and alternative energy. Meanwhile, I'd like to know how many trillions we've sent out of our economy in the last decade. I know that in 2008 the amount was over $600billion....just one year...and no one seems to be all that upset over it.

I really don't think that our leaders want to solve this problem. When oil companies are happy, our leaders are happy. Large oil companies probably don't want much more oil to hit the market. They're making record profits, why would they want the price to come down. They just do enough to ensure a steady supply. They also buy foreign oil and sell it for big bucks. Our elected leaders help all this to happen....it's always easy to convince party "loyalists" to blame the other side.
posterX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

CrestExpat wrote:
I am all for getting our oil from our own soil, but that being said we need to develope alternative sources of energy...the oil will eventually run out...

Where is Doc Brown and his Mr Fusion when you need him?

They just don't make em like Doc Brown anymore! Very Happy
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Obama Opens Leases For Drilling

May 14, 2011 -- President Obama announced a plan to open part of the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska to oil drilling. The President would also extend leases in the Gulf of Mexico for oil concerns, as well as speeding up evaluation of resources in the Atlantic, extending other leases in Alaska and building incentives for oil and gas companies to use land they own on existing leases on land and sea.

http://news.firedoglake.com/2011/05/14/obama-opens-part-of-national-petroleum-reserve-in-alaska-to-leases-for-drilling/
posterX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:

May 14, 2011 -- President Obama announced a plan to open part of the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska to oil drilling. The President would also extend leases in the Gulf of Mexico for oil concerns, as well as speeding up evaluation of resources in the Atlantic, extending other leases in Alaska and building incentives for oil and gas companies to use land they own on existing leases on land and sea.

http://news.firedoglake.com/2011/05/14/obama-opens-part-of-national-petroleum-reserve-in-alaska-to-leases-for-drilling/

I believe that Obama has done more than any other president to reduce dependence on foreign oil. Besides the above, he has increased fuel economy requirements and invested in alternative energy programs. Every President since Nixon has promised to reduce our dependence on foreign oil..none has. Obama is the only president to do this much.
rummrunner2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:
Cops and Robbers wrote:

I believe that Obama has done more than any other president to reduce dependence on foreign oil. Besides the above, he has increased fuel economy requirements and invested in alternative energy programs. Every President since Nixon has promised to reduce our dependence on foreign oil..none has. Obama is the only president to do this much.
what are you smoking .d-a-m-n i JUST REMEMBER YOUR N-U-T-S and I said I would never answer anything you would say in here .runs away and slams door as he leaves
posterX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rummrunner2 wrote:
posterX wrote:
Cops and Robbers wrote:

what are you smoking .d-a-m-n i JUST REMEMBER YOUR N-U-T-S and I said I would never answer anything you would say in here .runs away and slams door as he leaves

Don't run away before you show me where I'm wrong...but please...no chain e-mails, urban legend, or word of mouth from the drunk at the end of the bar Very Happy

Last edited by posterX on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
rummrunner2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

all your post are wrong it was my mistake in even posting in them
posterX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rummrunner2 wrote:
all your post are wrong it was my mistake in even posting in them

I'll consider the source. No one on spout off is perfect, but your spelling, grammer and composition are like that of a drunk 5 yr old. You debate issues like one too. You never present a reasonable argument. You just make weird, rambling statements and never back any of it up. If I'm wrong, show me where and maybe site a credible source. Otherwise, why bother?

Who has done more than Obama to reduce our dependence on foreign oil...which is to say...who has done anything? I won't be awaiting an intelligent, coherent reply...at least not from you.

Try a little punctuation once in a while.
rummrunner2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

you do knew all his changes do not become changes right away.they take years to become law .so what obama has done NOW is changes already in place from the LAST president NOT this one.I maybe wrong here but that is from what I have seen OUR company has to do in changes.thanks to epa and every states rules we sell in.each state has a different law on what can and can not be sold in that state as in cleaning MATERIAL
posterX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rummrunner2 wrote:
you do knew all his changes do not become changes right away.they take years to become law .so what obama has done NOW is changes already in place from the LAST president NOT this one.I maybe wrong here but that is from what I have seen OUR company has to do in changes.thanks to epa and every states rules we sell in.each state has a different law on what can and can not be sold in that state as in cleaning MATERIAL

I have no idea what you are talking about. Especially: "so what obama has done NOW is changes already in place from the LAST president NOT this one.

What does this have to do with America's dependence on foreign oil. I give up on.
rummrunner2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Especially: "so what obama has done NOW is changes already in place from the LAST president NOT this one.

What does this have to do with America's dependence on foreign oil. I give up on.
you asked my view NOW YOUR telling me I am nuts .IF YOU have no clue what your talking about DO NOT MAKE A THREAD OF A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G obama rear end just like you did here oh that right obama is doing great thing for us on our foreign oil.guess you missed the part were he banned oil from the gulf of mexico.still has that prison open in the carribeen.HE SAID HE would shutdown in his first year in OFFICE .what is year three in office for him and it is still open ..this man has made so many promise to get into that office .he will do it again in 2012 and you obama lovers will follow him again into BROKEN PROMISES
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:
I give up on.
Laughing
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rummrunner2 wrote:
you do knew all his changes do not become changes right away.they take years to become law .so what obama has done NOW is changes already in place from the LAST president NOT this one.

But rummy! That contradicts the fable you had been telling us, that Obama was responsible for the Bush economic collapse. This is my shocked look. Surprised

rummrunner2 wrote: "I have said a million time .I hate any president that COST me money.your god OBAMA has cost me more money in 2+ years he been in office .then THE 12 year both bush have been in office.oh that right"
rummrunner2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
you do knew all his changes do not become changes right away.they take years to become law .so what obama has done NOW is changes already in place from the LAST president NOT this one.

But rummy! That contradicts the fable you had been telling us, that Obama was responsible for the Bush economic collapse. This is my shocked look. Surprised

rummrunner2 wrote: "I have said a million time .I hate any president that COST me money.your god OBAMA has cost me more money in 2+ years he been in office .then THE 12 year both bush have been in office.oh that right"
wow YOU obama lovers will reword everything to make him LOOK GOOD.what I said was I hate any president that cost me MONEY EVEN BUSH JR/SR were NOT as bad as obama has in those 2+ year he been in office when I wrote that
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rummrunner2 wrote:
were NOT as bad as obama has in those 2+ year he been in office when I wrote that
Except just now, on this thread, seeking to deny Obama any credit, you just said it takes YEARS for a president's changes to take effect, so that any good we see under Obama today is really Bush's doing. Well which is it?
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rummrunner2 wrote:
rummrunner2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
why not read up on all the laws passed under obama rules since he took office and see when they turned into law .IF I AM CORRECT they will not take effect till he is REELECTED IN 2012-2014
posterX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rummrunner2 wrote:
posterX wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:

you asked my view NOW YOUR telling me I am nuts .IF YOU have no clue what your talking about DO NOT MAKE A THREAD OF A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G obama rear end just like you did here oh that right obama is doing great thing for us on our foreign oil.guess you missed the part were he banned oil from the gulf of mexico.still has that prison open in the carribeen.HE SAID HE would shutdown in his first year in OFFICE .what is year three in office for him and it is still open ..this man has made so many promise to get into that office .he will do it again in 2012 and you obama lovers will follow him again into BROKEN PROMISES

Rummrunner2 wrote:
Quote:
DO NOT MAKE A THREAD OF A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G obama rear end

I don't think that you need the hyphens in kissing, it's not profanity Very Happy
rummrunner2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
posterX wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:

Rummrunner2 wrote:
Quote:

I don't think that you need the hyphens in kissing, it's not profanity Very Happy
wow LOOK WHO JUST PROVE SHE/HE IS A BIGGER OBAMA LOVER THEN C&R/LEFTY32
posterX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rummrunner2 wrote:
posterX wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
posterX wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:

Rummrunner2 wrote:
Quote:

LOOK WHO JUST PROVED THAT SHE/HE IS A BIGGER OBAMA LOVER THAN C&R/LEFTY32.
rummrunner2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
posterX wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
posterX wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:

Rummrunner2 wrote:
Quote:

LOOK WHO JUST PROVED SHE/HE IS A BIGGER OBAMA LOVER THAN C&R/LEFTY32.
so what I missed spelled a word .YOUR STILL A OBAMA LOVER that GOT CONNED INTO VOTING FOR HIM .can not wait to see what OTHER PROMISES HE WILL LIE ABOUT TO GET REELECTED IN 2012 WITH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: