Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

LT Rescue Squad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lexi

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: LT Rescue Squad Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I really would like to hear what people especially the residents of Lower Township think about this, I have to admit when I read it I was shocked.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/press/cape_may/lower-township-resident-s-complaint-leads-to-review-of-rescue/article_4a11c3ca-836a-11e0-a7a4-001cc4c03286.html

Sorry for the link but the story really needs to be read in its entirety and its too long to post
VillasOutsider

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Embarassed Shocked OMG,WHAT A Crime Exclamation A Joke. Evil or Very Mad
Twisted Oz

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Just a few people working the system. Typical in free enterprise. My son was in an accident and , upon advice of the police officer, he was transported to the hospital for treatment and/or observation. He was released after being given a band aid. We received a bill, which we submitted to our insurance company and they paid a portion, as provided in our policy. The ambulance company sued us for the rest of the $$$. I have been a tax payer in Lower Twp for 22 years and OUR tax dollars help supplement this organization. Now it bothers me that others who cannot afford to pay, get a free ride and are not sued. Long and short of it is, those electing to use the service need to pay for it, not taxpayer dollars for the benefit of having a service available 24/7. If this well dries up, they will only open another. Good for you Mr. Beck for raising the questions. Time to expose all those creepy crawlers hiding under the rock!
Lexi

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thank you to the LT resident that had to bring this to the attention of the Mayor in our Township because WE the taxpayers have been contributing to this for how long???
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Twisted Oz wrote:
Just a few people working the system. Typical in free enterprise. ... those electing to use the service need to pay for it, not taxpayer dollars
Do I see a contradiction there?

Who remembers when ambulance rides were free?
king of the shoobies

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Boy no wonder there's always a new Lincoln outside their office, but mostly at the Fishing Club all hours of the day and night.
Driveitlikeustoleit

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Maybe the township should put the service out to bid. Atlantic Care or some other
Reliable company.
marmoracat

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'd like to know why there is a 450 dollar difference in the price of an ambulance ride. What exactly costs more? Is the service better? Do I get a hot towel to wash my hands and face when I arrive at the hospital? I can understand it could cost a tad more in fuel since it is a bit farther distance wise. 10 bucks more at the most.

Their reasoning behind it costing so much? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear an honest answer of "because the insurance company will pay for it".

Another slice in the pie of recession.

Keep in mind, not everyone has insurance, so that is 850 bucks out of pocket, but only 400 in Wildwood.
ncmmom

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ugh.... Those supposed highway robbers of an ambulance corp SAVED MY FATHERS LIFE... so to them, I will pay any amount.

Yes... please , lets start the bidding.. LOWEST BIDDER wins... just like the federal government programs. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

One day your gonna need em and when they aren't there you'll be posting again... or worse, DEAD. You can't have it both ways. Its not free or nothing.... don't like it... move.

Just sayin ~
marmoracat

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm very happy to hear that your father survived due to the actions of the EMT's.

Maybe I can explain my point of view a bit differently to help you understand where I'm coming from.

Lets say your car is broke. Both mechanics are ASE certified. Both have the same tools, and same parts.
Mechanic A wants 400 dollars to repair it. Mechanic B wants 850 dollars to repair it. Who would you go to? How can you justify spending 450 dollars extra for the same service?

Ultimately, I agree that the service they provide is often priceless in the eyes of the patient and their family.
Looking at it from outside the box, it makes me wonder why I can ride the ambulance from Wildwood to the hospital-twice for what one ride costs in Lower Township.

My town is 250 dollars cheaper per ride and still operates just fine. What gives?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: