Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Senior Week(S)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
posterX

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Senior Week(S) Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

My impressions of Wildwood's infamous and self-destructive practice of catering to High School Senior week so far: Driving on Wildwood Blvd approaching Wildwood this afternoon, I was lucky enough to be in the way of two racing cars full of teenagers swerving in and out of traffic at speeds between 65-75MPH. They continued this over the bridge till they were out of sight. Whoopee. At the NJ Ave Wildwood Wawa, a dozen or so teenage girls with bull horns and black "Go drunk, or go away" t-shirts. Not exactly sure what that means. Maybe some of you have also seen them?

I hate Wildwood. If they only had a Wawa in the Crest, I could almost avoid Wildwood all together. I feel for the long time residents and families...and for the people that plopped down small fortunes to buy those condos and town houses, falling for the "Wildwood revitalization" myth.
king of the shoobies

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You fabricate stories as yo go, I'm sure they were going 65 -75 mph. Your just an old miserable :: book :: that hates young people having a good time. Thank god your beloved foreign employees don"t drive
Ramjet

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Senior week used to be a big deal in Wildwood. Ide say less than 1/4 of what they used to get. The reputation of Wildwood is so bad that even drunk kids go elsewhere. Wildwood is now known as the poverty resort town. Not that there is anything wrong with that, poor people need vacations too, but don't expect them to pay top dollar rents and go to restaurants.
Cops and Robbers

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

king of the shoobies, why don't you stalk "RealMan" and talk to him that way? Wink

posterX wrote:
king of the shoobies wrote:
my son and nine friends came home with bed bugs

maybe if you don't send a bunch of minors off on their own to a flea-bag (in this case bed bug) hotel in Wildwood...you don't have this problem.

Hmmm...wonder if they were drinking? Isn't this what we're trying to get away from in Wildwood? A gang of un-supervised kids, probably drinking, wreaking havoc on the good people and families that we should be catering to? I don't know who's worse, the parents of these kids, or the low-lives that take their money.

RealMan wrote: I wholeheartedly agree. Those kids needed a parent, instead they got bedbugs.
posterX

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You fabricate stories as yo go, I'm sure they were going 65 -75 mph. Your just an old miserable :: book :: that hates young people having a good time. Thank god your beloved foreign employees don"t drive

While it's true that I don't have absorbing stories about sending underage kids off to get drunk and find bed bugs in Wildwood flop houses, you are confusing being an adult with being miserable.

I have found that it's usually the parents that have the ability to be oblivious to what their kids are doing and so surprised when they find that others don't want to put up with the behavior. I guess it might mean that you have to actually have to work at being a parent and exert some energy. Of course if you actually discipline your kid, you risk him/her not being your "BFF." I haven't fabricated anything. You sound surprised that kids might drive and race at 65-75 MPH..This is news to you? That's why auto insurance is so costly for 17-21 yr olds. It's why the drinking age had to return to 21. I'm sure most readers here are surprised that's all I've seen so far. Doesn't sound as if you have any clue what kids will do when on their own. I"m glad that my parents were parents and not trying to be my best friend, I wouldn't have had the respect that I have for them.

Also, if you have a kid that is a Junior in high school, then I am younger than you are.

Last edited by posterX on Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
posterX

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

posterX wrote:

While it's true that I don't have absorbing stories about sending underage kids off to get drunk and collect bed bugs in Wildwood flop houses, you are confusing being an adult with being miserable.

I have found that it's usually the parents that are oblivious to what their kids are doing and so surprised when they find that others don't want to put up with the behavior. I guess it might mean that you have to actually be a parent and exert some energy. Of course if you actually discipline your kid, he might not let you be his "BFF." I haven't fabricated anything. You sound surprised that kids might drive and race at 65-75 MPH..This is news to you? Have you been in a coma for most of your life? That's why auto insurance is so costly for 17-21 yr olds. It's why the drinking age had to return to 21. I'm sure most readers here are surprised that's all I've seen so far. Doesn't sound as if you have any clue what kids will do when on their own. I"m glad that my parents were parents and not trying to be my best friend, I wouldn't have had the respect that I have for them.

Also, if you have a kid that is a Junior in high school, then I am younger than you are... chronologically anyway.
lizo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Poster X you have WAYYYY too much time on your hands ~ If they bother you or are breaking the law : Call the cops, otherwise go to your house in the crest and hide. They are here trying to have a good time ..... Were you ever a teenager with bad judgement
?
posterX

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

lizo wrote:
Poster X you have WAYYYY too much time on your hands ~ If they bother you or are breaking the law : Call the cops, otherwise go to your house in the crest and hide. They are here trying to have a good time ..... Were you ever a teenager with bad judgement
?

Another example of the problem that makes Wildwood what it is....the joke of the Jersey shore. Are you one of those that rent to these kids, then rent an off duty cop to babysit while on your property? I notice that you complain enough when kids behavior affects you, but when they are spending money, it's" They are here trying to have a good time." Actually, I guess the kids aren't the worst of what comes to Wildwood on any given summer day, but it does help perpetuate Wildwood's reputation as the biggest hole on the E coast.

Hey, it's spout off...if you don't like it, don't read it and switch to another thread...and I"m far from the most prolific poster on this forum.

Last edited by posterX on Tue May 24, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scorpion

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Some of the kids coming down here after proms or for senior week aren't renters. They stay at the parent's condo inviting dozens of "friends". The ones who rent are prime targets for rip off from the businesses that cater to them.

There really isn't anything here for them to do this time of year. I don't understand how parents condone them coming here unsupervised. They are minors. They can't handle their liquor and they usually get themselves into trouble.

They should rent a motel room close to where they live and do their partying there. This way the parents who are called in the middle of the night won't have such a long drive to get their kids out of jail or visit them in the hospital while they are being treated for alcohol poisoning.

We have enough problems with the 20 somethings. We don't need underage he-ll raisers invading the area before the season starts.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
Hemisphere Dancer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Most kids prefer to go to Cancun or some Caribbean island for Senior Week. It's cheaper and they actually encourage kids to get slovenly drunk.
ERMA23

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Just a heads up about the kids doing 65-70 mph on wildwood blvd. I travel that road to work every morning and 65-70 mph has seemed to become the norm for almost everyone on it, not just kids. I can't count how many times each morning and afternoon i get passed like im standing still on that road when im doing 55mph.
posterX

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ERMA23 wrote:
Just a heads up about the kids doing 65-70 mph on wildwood blvd. I travel that road to work every morning and 65-70 mph has seemed to become the norm for almost everyone on it, not just kids. I can't count how many times each morning and afternoon i get passed like im standing still on that road when im doing 55mph.

Have to agree, there doesn't seem to be the cop presence on the median as much as there used to be...maybe cut backs.

I only estimated 65-75 to be conservative. They were passing other cars with ease and weaving in and out of traffic.
Mikedee

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Since when is senior week in May?
posterX

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mikedee wrote:
Since when is senior week in May?

After a certain point, every week is senior week in Wildwood.
lizo

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sounds like you bought a condo in the wrong part of town ~ this area has lots to offer just not in Wildwood
Scorpion

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

lizo wrote:
sounds like you bought a condo in the wrong part of town ~ this area has lots to offer just not in Wildwood

Like what? The kids who live here year-round complain there is nothing for them to do. The attraction is no responsible adult supervision thinking they can do whatever they want, wherever they want without mommy and daddy finding out.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
king of the shoobies

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Maybe if Poster X and the likes would offer employment to some kids instead of waiting for the Bulgarian bunch to invade, the kids would have something to do
rummrunner2

Location: family has been lifetime resident of stone harbor since 1930

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Maybe if Poster X and the likes would offer employment to some kids instead of waiting for the Bulgarian bunch to invade, the kids would have something to do
I agree there.BUT kids today are used to being given everything by thier parents.I had to work for what I wanted as a teenager MOM AND DAD only helped out when they saw I was in trouble.that only happened during tax time and when I was short of cash for that week
posterX

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This is redundant. Myself along with several others try to explain why employers can't run their business with Americans kids. They don't have the tools... discipline, work ethic,etc... Many are not fit physically fit for hard work. Parents would rather believe that employers, for some reason, are conspiring against local and summer kids.. That way they can avoid taking responsibility for raising kids that aren't equipped to deal with a summer job. Some parents are so accustomed to subjugating to their children that they expect others do the same. That's not going to happen. We're not going to suffer the consequences because parents have become so weak. If we can get dependable, hard working, smart and conscientious kids from Europe instead of increasingly undependable, lazy, smart-@$$, and uneducated American kids...it's a no brainer. Don't blame the employer, blame yourself.

For us, we have mostly Lithuanian kids coming year after year. Friends of friends, word of mouth and so on. It's a pleasure to have them. They come with the intention of being the best at their job. They show up and usually want all the hours you can give them. They are always the best employees. They are polite. They are smart. You can have a conversation with them. You can reason with them. They are usually well traveled and all are well educated. Most have been raised to drink responsibly and Pace themselves. I can't remember any of them being obviously hung over at work. They don't understand the American kid's mission to drink till they puke or the pride they take in their stupid, drunken antics. We always try to hire some American kids but are lucky if one is still with us by the end of the year.

Oh...by the way...they get the same wage as American kids, so don't bother going there either.
king of the shoobies

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Right, for 200 some years American business has not been able to survive til CMC discovered Lithuanian kids. Thank god poster X and his twin Brother Real Man enlightened us on these great business move
posterX

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Right, for 200 some years American business has not been able to survive til CMC discovered Lithuanian kids. Thank god poster X and his twin Brother Real Man enlightened us on these great business move

No shoob, I'd say this has been a big problem for the last 10-15 yrs or so. Don't take it out on the Europeans, they had an big advantage over our kids. They had parents that acted like parents and authority figures, not over grown kids and stooges wanting only to be a BFF and indulging every whim, afraid to anger them.

I believe you mentioned that you kid was fired by the Moreys and somehow felt the Europeans kids were to blame? Did you ever get an explanation as to why?
king of the shoobies

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

No he worked in the kitchen in Splash Zone because he was not old enough to be a lifeguard, go figure a young American kid cleaning pots in the summer. Then last winter he took the Red Cross lifeguard training and CPR, applied at all major water parks this year and did not even get a call back.

And please refer back to any post, and please re post where I said my child was fired from Morey's , or is this another of your fabricated stories
lizo

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Poster X ~ I am with you on your description of the forien students. It is SOOO sad to say but it is so true ~ Our teenagers are the " entitled generation" where cell phones are paid for, car insurance and EVERYTHING is paid for It is the fault of the parents who pay for it all !

KIng ~ as far as your child not bring hired or called back .... did he follow up and ask why he was not hired ? I think that any applicant has the RIGHT to know why they were not hired ( if not only to better themselves... ex bad interview skills, not dressed right ) I would ask why .
Mikedee

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

^^They just knew who his father was and decided to pass.

Wildwood is too far a drive for the kid when he has to pickup his drunk father at the Villas Fishing Club.
posterX

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mikedee wrote:
^^They just knew who his father was and decided to pass.

Wildwood is too far a drive for the kid when he has to pickup his drunk father at the Villas Fishing Club.

Sounds like you know King of the Shoobies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: