Search
Close this search box.

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Search

Cape Regional Lauds Volunteer G. Martin

By Herald Staff

COURT HOUSE — George Martin has been named Cape Regional Medical Center’s “Special Touch Volunteer of the Month” for August 2009.
Martin has contributed over 350 hours of priceless volunteer service since joining the Volunteer Services Department in January 2007. As part of the Errand Volunteer Team, Martin’s service includes messenger tasks throughout the Medical Center; in this role, he is called upon to provide wheelchair discharge assistance as well, according to a release.
His award nominators applauded Martin’s “attitude, personality, dependability, cheerfulness and performance.”
Retired after a 25 year career as a sheet metal worker, Martin enjoys his hospital volunteering as well as playing cards, a favorite being “Texas Hold’em,” and exercising at the medical center’s fitness center “Fit for Life.”
Martin and wife, Joanne, also enjoy spending time with their three children and two grandchildren.
While attending to his weekly volunteer assignment, Thomas Piratzky, vice president of Marketing and Public Relations, Julie Paolella, director of Volunteer Services, and his wife, Joanne, surprised Martin with this exceptional award. George was presented with a boutonniere, a Special Touch Volunteer pin, gift certificate and commemorative plaque.
“Although I appreciate being recognized in such a nice way, the award is not necessary,” stated Martin. “I like to help people, actually I simply like people; to be with them and talk with them. Volunteering is an important part of my life.”
For information on volunteer opportunities at Cape Regional Medical Center call Paolella at 609-463-2367.

Spout Off

North Cape May – So let me try to get this straight. 1) Chanting death to Americans and other colleges are in chaos in our own Country is totally unacceptable. 2) Inflation. 3) Over 10 million illegals invasion. 4)…

Read More

Avalon – With the passage of the national security supplemental bill through the House of Representatives, President Joe Biden became the winner of this Congress. When the Republicans took control of the…

Read More

Del Haven – Imagine that during a Supreme Court argument, protesters angry about the case storm the court building. The mob breaks doors and windows and assaults security officers while forcing its way into the…

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content