Search
Close this search box.

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Search

LoBiondo Signed; Never Read the Bill

By Crossen

To The Editor:
Before and during, I wrote to U. S. Rep. Frank LoBiondo regarding Cap and Trade in addition to drilling offshore for gas and oil. I also wrote Sen. Robert Menendez on the same issues and he is too arrogant to answer.
The questions that I have posed to both representatives were:
• What specific scientific facts were available illustrating that man is responsible for global warming? (A sidebar to this statement is: applied science is when you do the math; 2 + 2 = 4 and so on. When you produce pharmaceuticals the chemistry, and processes are duplicated every time, when they produce gasoline, motor oils, and diesel fuel, the scientific facts are duplicated verifiable through testing every time. DNA testing is now the gold standard for many convictions. The identified DNA is tested, and verified, making it a scientific fact. Repeating a thought repeatedly does not make a scientific fact.)
• A question that I have presented to LoBiondo is, 20 percent of a barrel of oil is used for auto gasoline. The entire emphasis of the government policy is that we increase the miles per gallon. Car and truck manufacturers accomplished most of the existing mileage goals using manufacturing components with plastic. Additionally upholstery, dashboards, electrical components, gaskets, and carpeting, from plastic, plastic is made from oil.
• Expanding the same thought, our politicians indicate electric cars are the future. Where does the electricity come from? Will safety become an issue with smaller plastic automobiles?
• As mentioned above, to date the automobile mandated mileage increases have been mandated and met. Diesel consumption is over 400 billion miles per year, utilizing 45 percent of each barrel of oil. Is there a focus issue with LoBiondo and Congress? I wonder if there are lobbyists for the trucking industry.
• Jeff Tittel of the Sierra Club congratulated LoBiondo’s dedication to the environment. LoBiondo has committed to nuclear, solar, and wind farms. I would like to know if the congressman could demonstrate some leadership and indicate where we could locate a wind farm in any one of the three counties he serves.
• Will the congressman indicate when lower energy savings will be available for any of the three counties, realized from wind power?
• Can Tittel work with the congressman, on a location as to where and how many windmills would be acceptable? A footnote; it requires almost 100 square miles of windmills to provide meaningful minimums of energy, approximately 400 to 600 megawatts. Over that, additional transmission grids would be required.
• The costs associated with Cap and Trade vary from one governmental agency to another, suggesting the average family of four will spend over $1,000 per year, up to $3,300 dollars within several years. That is what cap and trade is; energy reduction by you through higher costs. Those on fixed and lower incomes will bear the brunt of higher energy costs that includes the cost of food, and any commodity that is delivered.
• Write or call LoBiondo or Menendez, (most cases fail to respond, apparently the senator is too important to explain his positions) inquiring how they made their “green” decision, green as in dollars that is going to cost you.) Demand or request a copy of their scientific documentation.
• Since LoBiondo signed, but never bothered to read the bill he approved, did he read the documentation validating the flawed science?
AL CROSSEN
North Wildwood

Spout Off

Wildwood Crest – In NY City there are hundreds of "migrants" from Africa protesting because the housing and food they are given is not good enough. They say they deserve better. Their representative went in…

Read More

Lower Township – Great job by the school bus driver who got all children and herself off of the bus before it burst into flames on the GSP. Saw the smoke a half mile before we passed the scene and it was something I…

Read More

Cape May County – Us Attorney General Merrick Garland. I saw you on TV saying you noticed no decline in President Biden during his term is office. You are entitled to your opinion, that is what free speech and the 1st…

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content