Thursday, March 28, 2024

Search

All About Fishing -11-11

By Steven Lerario

This week what else could you say? Historically the best striper season we have seen in about four years. The stripers are just everywhere. The reports are pouring in, name after name after name of 40- pound stripers caught and weighed.
The bonus tag system seems to be kicking in this year. In the past there was not too much participation. This year is a good shot in the arm to the charter boat and party boat businesses that I am sure have been having a rough road with fish limits and no fish in general. This fishery has extended our season to around Christmas week.
I remember bringing fresh striper to Christmas Eve dinner at that time of the year. We do the fish dinner Christmas eve. It was my younger days when nothing stopped you from going fishing. Know it has to be just right to go. I don`t know…feeling older this year, turned 50.
Think I am slowing down a little. Can`t take the weather, and before, never even thought about it. You know what they say, no substitute for youth.
If you have a chance to get out after these beautiful fish just do it. This year will be worth the effort. Sunny gives the fishing 10 barks this week. I believe in nine years of doing the report, it is the only time Sunny gave up 10 barks.
When you buy your bait you will get the local report as to where you are fishing and the best tide. It changes almost daily.
Lerario can be reached at steveattheclub@yahoo.com

Spout Off

Villas – To the channel40 spouter. You may be able to get Philly channel with a different store antenna. I guess that's the closest after Vineland.

Read More

Villas – It’s obvious if you take a quick glance at the ariel photo of Hereford Inlet that the grid of Wildwood development violates the natural shoreline. Stop the bickering and don’t use my tax dollars to…

Read More

Court House – Reading the Spout offs you find clear evidence that our Public Education is destroying this once Great Country. We once had the best Public Education in the World ,today 2024 our Public Education is…

Read More

Most Read

Print Edition

Recommended Articles

Skip to content