Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 



NASA Predicts More Violent Storms & Tornadoes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: NASA Predicts More Violent Storms & Tornadoes Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Global Warming Will Bring Violent Storms And Tornadoes, NASA Predicts

ScienceDaily (Aug. 31, 2007) -- "NASA scientists have developed a new climate model that indicates that the most violent severe storms and tornadoes may become more common as Earth's climate warms."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070830105911.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Alabama Tornado Pictures: Mile-Wide "Monster" Tornado Slams Towns

National Geographic Daily News, April 28, 2010

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/04/pictures/110428-alabama-tornado-pictures-news-tuscaloosa-birmingham-nation/
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1corruptionkiller



Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 2900
Location: Corruptionkiller HQ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Never let a good tragedy go to waste Rolling Eyes

Of course when people say "God sent that storm to punish you"....they are considered freaks.

Yet when "Global Warming" causes it...its Gospel.
_________________
"Time makes more converts than reason" Thomas Paine

Cops and Robbers wrote:
Sadly, much that comes from freddy is cartoonish, ignorant stereotypes.

Spouters Ignored: C&R
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Not the first time Tribby has been the tragedy leech. Seems to like making political hay over others deaths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

For the love of money the ones playing politics with people's lives are the climate change deniers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I would not be suprised if in that article never once did the term "Global Warming" come as a quote from anyone at NASA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So? There is a reason it often isn't called global warming anymore. Higher temperatures are only one -- and not the most worrisome -- of the consequences of a changing climate.

A Cost of Denying Climate Change: Accelerating Climate Disruptions, Death, and Destruction

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-h-gleick/tornadoes-2011_b_855032.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Doesnt your very first post reference "global warming" as the prevailing issue? So now ou say its not global warming? So again I ask.....what caused the melting of the last Ice Age the claimed a 5 mile high sheet of ice on the globe. Was it my suv?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
Doesnt your very first post reference "global warming"
That is correct, the Global Warming headline was written by the staff at Science Daily.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070830105911.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
So now you say its not global warming?
No, I say no such thing. You seem hung up on names, as if you confuse the word for the thing. Certainly, you aim to confuse the issue. And the conservative disinfomation campaign seems to work, as we have seen consumers of Republican media deny global warming when it freezes in winter on the basis of nothing more than the name.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

UH oh. Looks like the tornado research community said that climate change has nothing to do with more tornados. I think the quote was that it would be a terrible mistake to associate the tornados with climate change.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jk31668



Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 1477
Location: cmc local

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the sky is falling, the sky is falling Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Herbie



Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 213

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NOTE TO CRAZY PEOPLE - The earth's climate changes. It is always in flux. It has done this for billions of years. We as humans are not causing anything in the way of climate change - it is what the earth does. So, we can go with Al Gore and make one group of people rich by taxing carbon credits (which at the end of the day does nothing except move some money around) or develop new building methods that make structures less suceptible to damage (thus making a whole different group of people rich). One method is just transacitons on paper; the other actually makes people safe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Herbie wrote:
NOTE TO CRAZY PEOPLE - The earth's climate changes. It is always in flux. It has done this for billions of years.
This is the equivalent of arguing that because people have been dying for centuries then there is no such thing as murder. A feeble mind would think there can only be one and not the other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
The tornado research community said that climate change has nothing to do with more tornados. I think the quote was that it would be a terrible mistake to associate the tornados with climate change.
Wrong. The climate science community would have said we can not directly pin any particular tornadoes on climate change due to natural variations but that continued climate warming will result in more frequent, more violent storms and tornadoes. But when did Freddy ever care about science, it is poison to the conservative agenda.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1corruptionkiller



Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 2900
Location: Corruptionkiller HQ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cops and Robbers wrote:
]This is the equivalent of arguing that because people have been dying for centuries then there is no such thing as murder. A feeble mind would think there can only be one and not the other.


Exactly...just because people are dieing does not mean that they are being murdered.

YOu have proved his point for him. Good job.
_________________
"Time makes more converts than reason" Thomas Paine

Cops and Robbers wrote:
Sadly, much that comes from freddy is cartoonish, ignorant stereotypes.

Spouters Ignored: C&R
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Herbie



Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 213

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

"This is the equivalent of arguing that because people have been dying for centuries then there is no such thing as murder."


No you goober, it is the equivalent of arguing what I'm arguing. Do you blame the dinosaurs for their own extinction? Well, you? Maybe you do. Neither here nor there. To think that we as humans can do anything to control the earth's climate is beyond a God complex. Why don't you get your crack team of "scientists" to stop earthquakes or keep volcanoes from erupting? What's that? That's crazy talk? No crazier than trying to control a tornado or hurricane. The earth is going to do what is has done for the last couple billion years. Try to understand it? Great. Try to respond to it? Good idea. Try to control it? Idiotic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

1corruptionkiller wrote:
Exactly...just because people are dieing does not mean that they are being murdered. YOu have proved his point for him. Good job.
Wrong again. No one claimed the mere warming of the planet earth points to man as the cause.

But uncritical followers of conservative propaganda do argue that because earth's climate has changed over millenia therefore man cannot have an impact. That's just dumb.

Herbie wrote: The earth's climate changes. It is always in flux. It has done this for billions of years. We as humans are not causing anything in the way of climate change - it is what the earth does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Herbie



Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 213

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

"Uncritical followers of conservative propoganda..."?????

I cannot fathom the level of your stupidity. Do you have a single original thought in your head or are you only able to regurgitate the BS that is spoonfed to you? I have no politcal agenda here. I don't argue one way or the other just because my party tells me to. I have what's called common sense.

Over the last couple billions of years the earth's climate has cooled, then warmed, then cooled, then warmed, then cooled.....are you catching a pattern here? And you know what? There weren't any humans around to make this happen! Crazy! I know!

I'm not saying lets go cut down all the rainforests and burn as much oil as we can as quickly as possible. Green energy in the long run is a good thing. But to think that we have any chance in :: heck :: of actually controlling the earth's climate is a huge farce. Are you going to stop water from evaporating so it doesn't rain? Maybe huge fans can push storm fronts up to Canada to we don't get anymore tornados? Try as you will but the earth is going to do what it wants to do whether you like it or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

A small person would think that man cannot possibly impact the planet. Such person encouraged by conservative media might humiliate himself by arguing so publicly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Herbie



Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 213

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So a big man can publicly explain how carbon credits actually help to change the climate of the earth and not just fill Al Gore's coffers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Herbie wrote:
I have no politcal agenda here.
Don't believe everything you think.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Click here to see an animation on how the greenhouse effect works:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freddy



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 9665
Location: stone harbor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The Flintstones and Rubbles and Slates were responsible for the last melting of the icecap. You ever see the suvs they drove on the Flintstones? And the fossil fuels that is required to cook just one Brontosaurus burger. Oh the humanity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cops and Robbers



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 7533

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

David Roberts wrote:
The crucial fact of post-truth politics is that there are no more referees. There are only players. The right has its own media, its own facts, its own world. In that world, the climate isn't warming, domestic drilling can solve the energy crisis, and Obama is a socialist Kenyan...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum