Cape May County Forum
Cape May County Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile      Log inLog in 

Wildwood, are we better now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorpion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sundayschool wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
sundayschool wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
I do now work for wildwood.

rummrunner2 wrote:
when I do not live or work there .

Maybe nobody is answering you because we can't understand your writing. One post you say that you work for Wildwood, then the next post you say you do not.
wow a typo turns into I worked for wildwood .I never said I worked for wildwood or lived there .maybe you spend to much time at sunday school and listen to the same thing over and over .YOUR BRAIN ONLY UNDERSTANDS half of what you read/listen/write ...plus answer me this IF Scorpion understood what I was typing .why did you have a PROBLEM

Yea, I guess I should apologize for having decent reading comprehension skills. I have no idea how I should know that you do NOT work for Wildwood when you type, "I do now work in Wildwood." I assumed that at one point you did not work there, but now you do not.

PS Thank God you and Scorpion are on the same wavelength!

What a very Christian response, Sunday School. I can only imagine the level of your meanness with the children.

" i have scorp on ignore as everyone but scorp knows."
spazcat 9/23/2013
SHOREMAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I thought this thread was about Wilwdood: Are we better now?

Yes, absolutely.

I think the people are finally OVER Troiano's promises of lowering taxes. The chart tells just how much he doesn't care about the taxpayers by his massive increases every year he was in office from 1999. If he ever had any intention of lowering taxes, the time to do it would have been in 2005 when our ratable base went from $544 million in 2004 to a whopping $1.7 billion in 2005, and in that one year he RAISED our Local Tax Levy (LTL) by $4.6 million. I still want to know WHERE IS ALL THAT MONEY? The chart tells the real story of Troiano’s heartless and inept municipal management. Just see one of his empty promises from the May 2007 municipal election below.

See an excerpt from a 2007 article right before the municipal election where Troiano says "… it is possible that a no-increase budget could be introduced at today’s 3:30 commission meeting at city hall." Really Ernie???? That year our Local Tax Levy (LTL), the amount the taxpayers pay, went up by $1.15 million. From $14.3 million in 2006 to $15.4 million in 2007.

Wildwood Candidates: What is their vision for the future?
http://www.thewildwoodleader.com/text/archive/177_index.html
ww concerned citizen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

beach lover I didnt miss speak, where did I say either one of the 2 projects were City projects? I did say Gary is for them, but didnt once mention the city, so....
As far as my knowledge goes, an oppurtunity doesn't go away it just goes to some one else, do you really think we've heard the last of the group home? The investors were gonna make mountains of $$$$, it'll be back.
Gallagher stated something along the lines of we have too many low income families now, which puts a major burden on the schools and taxpayers, yet Gary is endorsing Olarsch's office to turned into a free clinic? Could this be the medical facility needed for the group home requirement as well? or just a way to garner votes from non-taxpaying voters (this is a national problem, not just here in OZ), take a look around.

Thanks shoreman for trying to get this thread back on track.
You state that gary is doing his job by cutting, but @ what cost???
Your safety or mine isnt worth the savings, to me anyway
Please look at the power point on the wildwood fmba 50 website click on facts and figures, Gary's cut just dont make sense. Its educational and worth 5 minutes of time.
sundayschool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
sundayschool wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
sundayschool wrote:
rummrunner2 wrote:
I do now work for wildwood.

rummrunner2 wrote:
when I do not live or work there .

Maybe nobody is answering you because we can't understand your writing. One post you say that you work for Wildwood, then the next post you say you do not.
wow a typo turns into I worked for wildwood .I never said I worked for wildwood or lived there .maybe you spend to much time at sunday school and listen to the same thing over and over .YOUR BRAIN ONLY UNDERSTANDS half of what you read/listen/write ...plus answer me this IF Scorpion understood what I was typing .why did you have a PROBLEM

Yea, I guess I should apologize for having decent reading comprehension skills. I have no idea how I should know that you do NOT work for Wildwood when you type, "I do now work in Wildwood." I assumed that at one point you did not work there, but now you do not.

PS Thank God you and Scorpion are on the same wavelength!

What a very Christian response, Sunday School. I can only imagine the level of your meanness with the children.

Yo Scorpion, Sunday School was a religious experience in the late '80's, but I'm not talking about Christians or children!
I swear I saw God some nights after leaving that place! Twisted Evil
sea4me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

IN ANSWER TO CONCERNS QUESTIONS

Did your taxes go down?

Yes, in ‘10’ my taxes did go down, and for ‘11’ since my assessment went down so then did my taxes.

What services were cut to achieve that goal?

I don’t know what was cut to do this, my trash is still picked up, street sweeper is still sweeping, my water still comes out of the tap. What services do you think were cut?

What services have improved?

I personally like our new trash pick up.

Are we safer?

Safer? Safer then what, then when Troiano was in office, I want to ask you how much did crime rise under Troiano’s term in office (9yrs). I remember a time when going downtown on a Sat night was safe, it hasn’t been that in a very long time. What did Troiano do about crime, show me that.

Is the city on the verge of bankruptcy, speaking of which why is a man who has filed for bankruptcy 2x's running out finance dept? (With these cuts and savings are our bills being paid?)

You probably shouldn’t have brought up bankruptcy. Troiano’s track record is abysmal!!!! How many businesses did Troiano bankrupt?
http://www.wildwoodrecall.org/Issues/Taxes.html chart says it all.

Why was R Basara removed from the citizens action committee?

Was there a removal?

Why did the current mayor not take the Moreys to court to fight tax re-assessment?

This issue already cost a lot in legal fees, and in the end Troiano and Gallagher settled that out of court and since DeMarzo was finance, it was his duty to cut the check Troiano and Gallagher agreed on.
Is the City legally allowed to revisit this issue???? If you know something the City lawyers don’t it is your civil duty to inform our city and save us from this injustice. I eagerly await the result of your knowledge……

Laying off 20 police officers and 5 firefighters is it really a step in the right direction?

This issue is not unique to WW, this is going down all over this country. The Union refuses to make any concessions, offer no solutions. I say if layoffs ensue it is solely the responsibility of the Union and not the City.

Endorsing a free clinic, which would put further strain on our services (this relates to above) and a group home for 48 men w/ serious addictions, phycological problems and oh yeah and that have been trained to kill. Honestly I don't want them in my community

I direct you to Beach-luva’s response to this.

I ask again are we better off?

Liars figure but figures don’t lie…In ‘05’ our Local Tax Levy (LTL) increased by $3.7 MILLION just from the assessments, from ‘05’ to ‘08’ the LTL went up $3.3 MILLION. In ‘09’ Troiano raised our (LTL) $3.3 MILLION in one year alone. DeMarzo on the other hand REDUCED our LTL $1 MILLION after only 3 MONTHS IN OFFICE. Now correct me if I am wrong but Troiano was unable to do this even with the sale of our land, $5 MILLION from a land deal, and the new ratables he assured us would result in relief of our high tax burden.

I know where we've been and it wasn't paradise, however the direction we are moving to seems a whole lot worse.

Please share with us what you mean by ‘a whole lot worse’. Give us your details please, b/c I don’t see it…….

Remember to register and please don't forget to vote

Yes, please remember to register to vote, that is if you are legally eligible. On May 10, 2011 vote for the only elected officials who have kept their promise to lower our tax burden Gary and Chip, and I welcome Dara who also promises to continue the fight for the taxpayer.
SHOREMAN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ww concerned citizen, the police department refused to make concessions. Mayor DeMarzo wanted to reorganize the top heavy police department as was recommended in 2002 by the NJ State Treasury. DeMarzo was going to actually put more officers on the streets which WOULD MAKE THE CITY SAFER. Having lieutenants and sergeants whose salaries are upwards of $87,000 + benefits answering phones at desks is fiscally irresponsible.

Having all those lieutenants and sergeants at desk jobs certainly didn't help eliminate cops sleeping under the boardwalk in a police car while on duty. Or eliminate cops spending three hours at their hall where their police car was parked WHILE ON DUTY. All police departments in the nation are making cut backs and this police department hedged their bets on making NO CONCESSIONS which is morally and fiscally wrong to do to the taxpayers who pay their exhorbitant salaries, lucrative benefits and longevity pay which is 14% over and above some officers' salaries. That is just out and out GREED when some of the taxpayers are losing their homes and having trouble putting food on their tables for their families.
HO HO HO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

philadelphia just graduated a class of 123 officers , memphis, nashville are hiring camden cops if you are going to say something say the truth. you are still spouting about a 9 year old study which has been revised three times. if you want to bring up old stuff how about the crying about the retirement badge, traffic tickets,not paying taxes, indictment, crying about this site,etc. wasn't the mayor a commisioner when the taxes were raised?
HO HO HO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

a couple of things more, please list the concessions from other employees, and i am not voting for anyone who has held office or is holding office now. i think it is time for new ideas.
Me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

WE ARE WAY BETTER OFF NOW, THEN WE WERE BEFORE WITH THE PRIOR ADMINISTRATION.
SHOREMAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ho Ho Ho, thanks for letting me know about the study of nine years ago. I don't believe it was nine years ago, but I would love to have a link to it or see it. And also the three revised versions.
And do you believe we need 8 fire departments for the 4 towns of the Wildwoods which makes up only 4.5 square miles of land? Do you think the City of Wildwood needs one paid full-time fire department and two volunteer fired department one of which is across the street from the paid department. And please don't tell me volunteer fire departments don't cost the taxpayers any money because that would be a lie.
mrjojo11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Here's a past letter to the editor I found that shows Troiano BONDED over $25 million to the taxpayers in a span of 1 1/2 years, $9.8 million of it the month after he was elected in 2007. DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO THOSE DAYS.

Troiano Bonded Most Money in City’s History
Letters to the Editor | Mon, 03/16/2009 - 6:23 am | Updated 2 years 5 weeks ago | Read 5774 | Commented 162 | Emailed 3
By Kathleen McCullough

To The Editor: In response to Dave Wertman’s letter of Feb.18, he should do his homework. Mayor Ernie Troiano has bonded the most money to the taxpayers in the history of the city. He should get a copy of the ordinance worksheet from the Clerk’s Office showing all the bonds passed by Troiano. A bond ordinance is an ordinance with money attached (a bond), which gets added to our tax burden. Just to mention a few: In June of 2007, Bonds 700-07 $1,540,900; 701-07 $42,000; 702-07 $5,000,000; 703-07 $932,420; 704-07 $2,342,000; totaling $9,857,320 passed in one month (mostly for water/sewer infrastructure). From April 2005 to March 2006: Bonds 633-05 $1,650,000; 634-05 $560,000; 635-05 $4,610,500; 639-05 $500,000; 640-05 $80,000; 647-05 $1,307,700; 662-06 $3,550,000; 663-06 $500,000; 664-06 $1,032,000; 665-06 $132,000; 667-06 $500,000, totaling $14,422,200 (for mostly water/sewer, a recreation center and band shell). Just this sampling of bonds passed by Troiano total $24,279,520, for a 1.3-square- mile town over and above the already bloated budget. More bonds have been passed by Troiano that are listed in the clerk’s office. The city also received $13 million from the USDA mostly for water/sewer infrastructure, which was published in an article dated April 6, 2007. In a daily newspaper article of Feb. 20, Gary Ziegler, Wildwood Water Superintendent, is requesting an 8.8 percent rate increase for water pipes (despite a rate increase of 34 percent a few years ago). This is hard to believe since the city has already received $13 million from the USDA and bonded over $15 million to the taxpayers for water/sewer infrastructure. He goes on to state the Wildwood Water Utility has 26 employees but he considers himself a “half employee” because he only works one day a week. On the City of Wildwood List of 2009 Employee Base Salaries, Ziegler’s salary as water superintendent is listed at $49,999. For one day per week? The same Ziegler appeared in a 2007 campaign video, “Wildwood Update” for Troiano and Davenport. At a time when most municipalities and large cities are tightening their budgets and renegotiating contracts to affordable levels, Troiano as Commissioner of Public Works, negotiated more than a 40 percent salary increase for all public works employees and a contract that allowed more than a 20 percent salary increase in the police department. These six figure salaries come with no medical benefit contribution. Let us not forget, that Commissioner William Davenport promoted six supervisors and Troiano signed the 40 percent increases 30 Days before the 2007 election. Troiano has increased the work force by approximately 30 percent. There are currently 254 year-round employees not including seasonal. He has ignored cost saving measures suggested by an outside study to consolidate the fire department, which would save $1 million the first year. All four Wildwoods combined are only 4.5 square miles and have eight well-equipped firehouses. This is downright gluttony and a burden on the taxpayers. He also ignored the majority of a 139-page cost saving study done by the state. So, Wertman, the reality is that these bonds and contracts were not in place before Troiano took office, and, Davenport and Troiano are responsible for the heavy tax burden that we have. KATHLEEN McCULLOUGH Wildwood (ED NOTE: According to Mayor Ernie Troiano, the “40 percent salary increase” is actually a 4 percent increase that is a contractual obligation. Troiano also stated that the number of his employees has gone from 83 to 61. Commissioner Bill Davenport said the city is currently negotiating the police contracts that expired in 2008.)
HO HO HO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

does anybody know if there were any bids (due 4/20/11 2PM) for the capping of the dump?
freddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Not sure about the bids. Not even sure what that means...but I did take a dump today. Does that help?
SHOREMAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

http://www.wildwoodrecall.org/Issues/LTL-Chart.html
KEEP THE CHART ABOVE IN MIND WHEN YOU VOTE. It will remind you who is responsible for our huge yearly tax increases. Troiano has been a disaster since he became Mayor in 2003. In 2004, our ratable property values were $544 million with all the new condo ratables, at which time our ratable property values SKYROCKETED to $1.7 billion in 2005, yet Troiano raised our local tax levy (the money the taxpayers pay) by 51%. See following Star Ledger link and go down to the third section under “Where It Goes” and see the year 2005: www.starledger.com/str/indexpage/taxes/taxseg.asp?frmtown=81170
Our local tax levy should have decreased by 50% with all these new condo development ratables. When Troiano became Mayor in 2003, the city only needed $7,561,470 from the taxpayers to run the municipality. By 2005 after Troiano became Mayor, the city needed (local tax levy) $13,752,854 from the taxpayers to run the city. The State had to intervene in 2009 to determine the money needed from the taxpayers (local tax levy) because Troiano didn’t want to admit it since there was a recall going on and he refused to finalize the budget seven months after it was due. See article below:
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/press/cape_may/article_a9f67382-a7b4-11de-98ba-001cc4c002e0.html

I'd Say we're MUCH BETTER OFF NOW. In 1 1/2 years DeMarzo and Harshaw were able to lower our local tax levy (LTL), the amount the taxpayers pay by over $3 million, from $20.4 million in 2009 to $17.1 million in 2011. Make sure to vote for all three so Troiano doesn't squeak in. VOTE DeMARZO, HARSHAW AND BALTUSKONIS.
squirrelfurballs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wildwood will be better once they remove the welfare deadbeats.
Twisted Oz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Com'mon fur balls, these people have rights you know! There are even those who will try to reach out and rehabilitate them. So what if the county finds it easier to house them in Wilwood than any other community in the county, with all the services, special programs, transportation to and from the island, what more can a struggling person on welfare ask for? Can you blame anyone for wanting to be in the same class of people that may come here on vacation, pay anywhere between $90-$160 per night, and have a free beach to sleep on night or day? In other communities, these people may be put on a "hit list" to be targeted as undesirables, it's nice to know the poeple of Wildwood accept them. Remember Wildwood's motto "Wildwood Welcomes Welfare". Oh, silly me, I meant to say "Wildwood Welcomes World". If nothing else, these people keep others in a job. Things that make you go hmmmmm..........
spazcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

gotta agree oz, any other resort community would make life hard on people injuring the tourist economy that pays the bills. certainly less accomodating. Rolling Eyes
ClassicRoadster

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: $14.6 Million Better Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

$14.6 Million Better

Trupat_78

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

freddy wrote:
Not sure about the bids. Not even sure what that means...but I did take a dump today. Does that help?

Another quality comment by birther-Fred. What were you thinking? You might think this was posted by a 14 yr old instead of coming from a upper-middle aged man. Really B-Fred...you thought long and hard and this is what you came up with?....and you're so proud that you don't read political cartoons because they aren't funny. Others might be surprised to find that comments involving "taking a dump" and "beaver" are some of your more intelligent comments...by your standards anyway. Oh...and Birther-Fred...I'll be awaiting your reply as "Realman."
jet3t0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: are we better off Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

No-we are not better off-it is worse,look at the housing market,a property sold in 2011 will be worth less in 2012.Most CMC properties will take a loss.A property listed at 200k in 2011 will sell for 180k in 2012,that is my view.Recent reports indicate a 10% drop in home values across the board.A dim job forcast,a seasonal town are usually indicators of future economic patterns.I hope I am wrong.Seasonal residencies are becoming expensive to upkeep and less folks are in a position to maintain 2 households.Buying at todays prices makes a person underwater in a year & that doesnt make much financial sense.A economic turn around is needed quickly to invest in seasonal property at todays prices & taxes must be adjusted to reflect an accurate assesment.
barracuda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Unless a town has only recently performed a re-assessment chances are all properties are over assessed and do not reflect true market value of today. It has been stated all properties are at least 25 to 30% over-assessed since 07'.
I do not think the 2nd home owners or the investors are as impacted by this housing market downturn, as are the local residents. The investors are more savy. They typically would have filed a tax appeal (some file one every year) with the local tax assessor and have had their assessment and taxes reduced. The successful tax appeal reduces the applicants property taxes and raises the taxes on all other property owners to make up the difference. The same holds true for the portion of County Taxes levied on the individual property.
Ramjet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I disagree. I think the local is far more likely to win their appeal.I search assessments regularly and the famous locals appear to be assessed the least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cape May County Forum Forum Index -> Cape May County Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: